Home Menu

Menu

Old May 19th, 2013, 01:09 PM #41
> hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

Seth needs to have co-anchors all next season to see who's good. We also need to go back to 2 anchors. Anyone with just ONE good update character won't anchor it.

Kyle16 wrote: View Post

Wow, you totally called it. haha
Well, its not fall yet, but still.
Hahaha!
hasso_opitz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 02:03 PM #42
> ZackMallory
Power Ranger

ZackMallory
Power Ranger

DinoKiller wrote: View Post

I'm so sorry
don't tell me ur'e one of the season 6 haters ? I think it was quite funny and has his moments...
ZackMallory is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 02:19 PM #43
> SuperDinoKiller
Stronger then Before

SuperDinoKiller
Stronger then Before

ZackMallory wrote: View Post

don't tell me ur'e one of the season 6 haters ? I think it was quite funny and has his moments...
I tired to like I really did,I mean I like Seasons 21 which is considered one of the worst seasons and I was excited when I saw Gilbert Gottfried and Charles Rocket were on it (along with Eddie and Joe) but I just found it unwatchable. I did like the one episode were Bill Murray hosted but then again it is Bill Murray.
SuperDinoKiller is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 03:21 PM #44
> Kyle16
Figuring it out

Kyle16
Figuring it out

Taran would be my guess, but I would actually like it if Kenan took over Update the only thing about is it how long does Kenan plan to stay at SNL if he stays another 3 years then I am all for it but if he only stays a year then I say no.
Has Kenan been rumored to leave or something? I cant see him giving a gig like this up. His career wasn't exactly booming before this. (outside of Nickelodeon of course)
Kyle16 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 03:25 PM #45
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

Taran would be great, although I wouldn't be surprised if they got a woman to do it. I could see Kate McKinnon doing it too.
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 03:28 PM #46
> JDF'd
When I Move, I Slice Like A Fucking Hammer

JDF'd
When I Move, I Slice Like A Fucking Hammer

I'm disappointed. It was great to see Kristen Wiig leave last year. I've never found her to be remotely funny. The way she chewed up scenes was draining. Now a year later when you have such a strong cast a couple of the best guys leave? Disappointing. The only saving grace is that the show currently has the strongest crop of females that it is had in years.
JDF'd is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:56 PM #47
> Knight Rider
Banned

Knight Rider
Banned

JDF'd wrote: View Post

I'm disappointed. It was great to see Kristen Wiig leave last year. I've never found her to be remotely funny. The way she chewed up scenes was draining. Now a year later when you have such a strong cast a couple of the best guys leave? Disappointing. The only saving grace is that the show currently has the strongest crop of females that it is had in years.
Agree with almost everything except the last line. I feel that the women this year suck. I miss the days of Amy/Maya/Tina.

These new bitches, I mean cast members are sorry in total.

hasso_opitz wrote: View Post

Seth needs to have co-anchors all next season to see who's good. We also need to go back to 2 anchors. Anyone with just ONE good update character won't anchor it.

Hahaha!
I disagree. He did good this far he can handle more. I think that shit would get old fast anyway.

ritorevolto wrote: View Post

for a second i read that as "decides to retire or die." very morbid for a bit.
ikr?
Knight Rider is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:23 PM #48
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

hasso_opitz wrote: View Post

We also need to go back to 2 anchors.
Nah. The new days of co-anchor format really only worked when Tina and Amy did their girl power thing. With all of the correspondent characters they use now, there's really no need for a second anchor anyway.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:48 PM #49
> Kyle16
Figuring it out

Kyle16
Figuring it out

I thought the Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey combo was pretty good. I wish they would go back to two myself, but only if its two people who have chemistry. I was surprised they never filled that void. I thought for sure Seth doing it on his own would be a temporary thing.
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:48 PM #50
> hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

They've always had a large amount of characters and two anchors. Seth + Amy has always been better than solo. Seth appears less stiff when he's laughing with someone.
hasso_opitz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:53 PM #51
> PegasasuRanger
Banned

PegasasuRanger
Banned

It was so sad to see 3 of my favorite guys leave. Hader was awesome. I just hope Armisen and Hader return to host sometime soon so we can see what happens next in...
The Californians
PegasasuRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 12:51 PM #52
> Kyle16
Figuring it out

Kyle16
Figuring it out

So, last night we got our first look at the new cast overhaul, 6 new members. So far I'm not really sold.

We also have Cecily Strong as the new co anchor for Weekend update. The set of which has also been updated, which looks nice I think. Cecily's delivery isn't quite there but could improve in time. I guess this means no more of that character she does with the cel phone which is a shame, its probably her best bit so far since she joined.

Tina Fey saved what could have easily been a lousy premiere.

Also, they apparently ripped off Iliza Shlesinger's airline bit. I haven't seen/heard her version yet but if you have netflix its in her recently released War Paint special. She's been pretty vocal on twitter about it today.

Last edited by Kyle16; September 29th, 2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old September 29th, 2013, 01:36 PM #53
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

I enjoyed last night's episode just fine, but not too many of the new cast members stood out to me at all. I suppose when Tina Fey's around it's difficult to let anyone else shine. The next couple of weeks seem like they'll be more crucial in getting these new faces to shine.

I loved that used car commercial though, probably my favorite segment of the night.
Ryoutarou is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 02:23 PM #54
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

Kyle16 wrote: View Post

Also, they apparently ripped off Iliza Shlesinger's airline bit. I haven't seen/heard her version yet but if you have netflix its in her recently released War Paint special. She's been pretty vocal on twitter about it today.
Watching the SNL skit and remembering all of the times Iliza's done her "boarding zone 4" bit, it's like Sentai and PR: Iliza's skit is the Sentai version - uncensored and hilarious - while SNL's version is the PR version - stripped of everything that made it fun and watered down.
MegaBlue is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 02:29 PM #55
> nintenfan3424
Making Strong Look Reigns

nintenfan3424
Making Strong Look Reigns

Beck Bennet is the At&t guy by the way. I'm serious.

And the Writer/member is from my homestate of Iowa.
nintenfan3424 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 07:32 PM #56
> PegasasuRanger
Banned

PegasasuRanger
Banned

Pretty decent season debut for Saturday Night Live! I was pleasantly surprised to see Kyle Mooney as part of the new cast. Hopefully, more internet comedians will follow in his footsteps. Also, Noel Wells has already stolen my heart. What a total cutie.
I was however disappointed that we saw SIX new cast members... And still no Sarah Schneider! WTF SNL. Did we really need 5 new guys?
Finally, I'm very happy that Cecily Strong has had such an awesome rise in her career. It's hard to believe she just started last season and is already one of the lead sketch actresses and co-host of Weekend Update, no less. Good job, Cecily Strong!
Can't wait for the next show!
PegasasuRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 01:09 AM #57
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

Was Nasim Pedrad in the episode at all? I can't seem to remember her.

A lot of Kenan, which for once didn't bother me. Mainly because he wasn't playing his stock old man character archetype. "New cast member or Arcade Fire?" was a brilliant idea.

PegasasuRanger wrote: View Post

I'm very happy that Cecily Strong has had such an awesome rise in her career. It's hard to believe she just started last season and is already one of the lead sketch actresses and co-host of Weekend Update, no less. Good job, Cecily Strong!
Agreed. I really liked her work last season, and to know that she'll be the new face of Weekend Update next year is amazing.

...Has a woman ever anchored Weekend Update alone?

nintenfan3424 wrote: View Post

Beck Bennet is the At&t guy by the way. I'm serious.
Yeah, I was stunned when I saw him. And how out of shape he is... >__>
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 02:09 AM #58
> Kyle16
Figuring it out

Kyle16
Figuring it out

Yeah, I don't remember seeing Nasim either.

And yeah, Kenan wasn't wasn't bad, I liked the bit where he wouldn't let the newbies do anything.

Speaking of Kenan, I see he's doing some promo stuff for the HUB for Halloween in a bunch of costumes. Its really weird because it totally feels like something that Nick should be using him for.
Old September 30th, 2013, 03:08 AM #59
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

Nasim appeared briefly in the airport sketch. She was the shouting foreign woman. Not much of a role for the senior female cast member.

And I think Beck Bennett is hot. That is all.
RiffRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:37 PM #60
> Tv1boy
Power Ranger

Tv1boy
Power Ranger

I wonder if Lorne Michaels is going to do the thing he usually does for a cast overhaul. Which is hire established Talent. Like when people like Randy Quaid,Joan Cusack,Robert Downey Jr. and Anthony Michael Hall Michael McKean and Chris Elliot were on SNL. Its never really payed off before but I would curious to see who he would get.
Did you forgot about Dick Ebersol's final season when he was executive producer? He hired big names such as Billy Crystal, Martin Short, Harry Shearer, and Christopher Guest as castmembers for one year before Lorne Michaels came back.

But anyways, my opinion on Cecily Strong as co-anchor or Weekend Update in my opinion is a really stupid move on Lorne Michaels or NBC's part. I mean her chemistry between her and Seth Meyers from that episode didn't even seemed real, and her delivery on jokes really bombed (with the exception of three jokes). However Cecily's "The Girl Who You'd Wish Not to Start a Conversation With" character is one my most hated ones ever shown on Update because it is not funy, it is really annoying (next to Garth & Kat). No hate on Cecily, just didn't like that character.

Plus Brooks Wheelan's from Iowa which I found out where I live and born in. The second one since Gary Kroeger from 1982-1985.
Tv1boy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote