Home Menu

Menu

Old January 21st, 2019, 08:17 PM #1901
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Ataruman wrote: View Post

Probably the most interesting of the VA connections remains Cure Berry IMHO; aside from being one of the best Fresh Cures and the best Blue Cure.
Eh, I still prefer Cure Marine to be honest. Also on the subject of VA chat, Honoka and Mipple have also acted together in the past. If anyone's familiar with Inuyasha they voiced Kanna and Kohaku in that series respectively. Hikari was also Mitsuru in Persona 3.

Out of curiosity, do you think there'd be enough interest in making a separate Star Twinkle thread like we do for Sentai and Kamen Rider (thereby making this retroactively the Precure of the Past thread) or would it be better to just leave everything in one place?

Last edited by Akiba Black; January 21st, 2019 at 08:25 PM.
Akiba Black is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 08:27 PM #1902
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

We're not that active like KR/Sentai so I say keep it to one thread.
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 08:35 PM #1903
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Fair enough, just a suggestion. Back on topic, Hinata from Naruto was the voice of Cure Blossom (and as I mentioned, Naruto's actress played Kenta in Splash Star).
Old January 21st, 2019, 08:46 PM #1904
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

We could do this all day. But speaking of the upcoming series, Lala and Fuwa's VAs are both pretty new, and both acted together in Asobi Asobase. Hina Kino (Fuwa) in particular can do some things with her voice that are surprising.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2019, 09:24 PM #1905
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Final word on VA chat, it's been mentioned before but if you lump their 90's anime and Crystal VAs together then almost every member of the Sailor Moon team has appeared in Precure in some capacity with the exceptions of Sailor Mars and Tuxedo Mask, many of whom ended up playing actual Cures (if anyone's confused, original= VA from the 90's anime and Crystal of course refers to their new actress in the series of the same name):

Moon: Hummy

Mercury: Cure Moonlight (original), Cure Peace (Crystal)

Jupiter: Cure Mermaid's mother (original), Cure Melody, minor character in Futari Wa (Crystal),

Venus: Regine, the female villain in the second half of Futari Wa (original), minor character in Heartcatch (Crystal)

Uranus(Crystal): Rio, AKA "Cure Waffle" from KiraKira

Neptune: Villain in All Stars DX3 (original), minor characters in Go! Princess and Hugtto (Crystal)

Pluto(Crystal): Cure Aqua

Saturn(Crystal): Dark Mint, Flora (Yes! 5 GoGo), minor characters in Heartcatch, Smile, and KiraKira

Star Healer: Cure Flower

Off the subject, the Hugtto/Futari Wa movie has been subbed and is now available. Watch it, in my opinion it's actually one of the better Precure films in recent years.

Some thoughts/questions/nitpicks regarding the Hugtto movie:

-Where did Lulu suddenly get a child body from? When she initially got hit she was reduced to a single screw. Similarly, Hikari should have bliped out of existence entirely after being attacks as she's the incarnation of the Queen of Light and didn't have a childhood, she was born fully formed as a teenager.

-Related to the last point, Rose, Beat, Felice, and Parfait should have been turned back into their fairy forms as opposed to becoming toddlers.

-Why was Honoka detransformed when she lost her memories but nobody else was? My guess is that since they transform as a duo a mental link between them is required to maintain it. Therefore if one of them goes down their partner loses their powers as well.

-Nagisa and Honoka are totally a couple now and you cannot convince me otherwise

-Nice attention to detail that Emiru was turned into an infant when she got hit (she is the youngest member of the Hugtto team after all) also apparently bits of the Precure outfits can be removed manually by the user.

-The villain using the catchphrases of all the Pink Cures he absorbed was kind of funny

-Where exactly in the series timeline would you say this takes place? Aside from the Futari Wa duo the only other Cure I believe the Hugtto crew ever refer to by name is Miracle (who they met in Super Stars). The gang does have access to their 5 person finisher though (but not the final one that involves Hugtan as well).

Good movie overall though (but to be fair there isn't much from Hugtto that I would generally consider bad).

Last edited by Akiba Black; January 22nd, 2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old January 25th, 2019, 06:49 AM #1906
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

Saw the latest episode.

We got some male Cures Nd they still haven't explained George and Hana yet.

MutekiDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2019, 07:00 AM #1907
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

MutekiDragon wrote: View Post

Saw the latest episode.

We got some male Cures Nd they still haven't explained George and Hana yet.

I'm going to assume (or at least hope) that particular point will get brought up in the finale this week. We've also seen some flashes of a little girl that I'm assuming was Dr. Traum's biological daughter that Lulu was modeled after but it's never actually been addressed in the series yet.

Hana also still doesn't really have a specific dream or aspiration of her own yet but I'm assuming the final episode will deal with that somewhat.
Old January 26th, 2019, 04:58 PM #1908
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

Hugtan's mom was Hana the whole time. I never expected that for the final episode of a Precure series.
Old January 26th, 2019, 05:17 PM #1909
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

GreenNinja wrote: View Post

Hugtan's mom was Hana the whole time. I never expected that for the final episode of a Precure series.
That explains why she was calling her "Mama" all this time (I assumed it was just baby talk for "Hana").

I forget, exactly how far into the future are Harry, Hugtan, Lulu, etc. supposed to be from? Also, is it explained exactly why George was so obsessed with her (like he's her future husband or something)?

Finally, was there a Star Twinkle cameo or did they decide to forgo that this year?

Last edited by Akiba Black; January 26th, 2019 at 05:23 PM.
Old January 26th, 2019, 05:22 PM #1910
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

The final scenes of the show took place in the year 2030. Most of the generals for Black Tomorrow were kids, including Ruru. So after Shinobi but before Quiz. And yes, there was both a Hikaru/Star cameo in the "present" part of the episode and a handoff after the credits. Along with the creation of a Star Pen for Hugtan.
Old January 26th, 2019, 05:25 PM #1911
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

The final scenes of the show took place in the year 2030. Most of the generals for Black Tomorrow were kids, including Ruru. So after Shinobi but before Quiz. And yes, there was both a Hikaru/Star cameo in the "present" part of the episode and a handoff after the credits. Along with the creation of a Star Pen for Hugtan.
Ok so it's not as big of a time jump as I was thinking, that checks out timeline wise then.

Also not that it matters since she'll be back in the next crossover movie probably without explanation but does Lulu wind up going back to the future after all and do we ever meet the little girl that I assume was Traum's biological daughter (unless Lulu can age somehow)?
Old January 26th, 2019, 05:26 PM #1912
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

Ruru did return to the future, but this time Emiru got to meet her for the "first" time when she was an adult and Ruru had just been built. I have no idea if Traum's tragic backstory still happened, but I think not. He may have built her just to she can be friends with Emiru again.
Old January 26th, 2019, 05:30 PM #1913
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Ruru did return to the future, but this time Emiru got to meet her for the "first" time when she was an adult and Ruru had just been built. I have no idea if Traum's tragic backstory still happened, but I think not. He may have built her just to she can be friends with Emiru again.
Huh, that's at least 3 seasons in a row now that end on some kind of timeskip. I'm curious how they're going to bring Ruru back in Miracle Universe then (if they bother to explain it at all that is).
Old January 26th, 2019, 05:39 PM #1914
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

The handoff
Old January 26th, 2019, 06:06 PM #1915
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Not bad, looking forward to seeing the finale subbed tomorrow. Out of curiosity, do we know what Hikaru's catchphrase is yet?
Old January 26th, 2019, 06:10 PM #1916
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

"Kirayaba". If I had to translate it into English, "Totally shining!" would be one way of doing it.
Old January 26th, 2019, 06:29 PM #1917
> cassius335
3-3-5. Masquerade!

cassius335
3-3-5. Masquerade!

I'm kinda not surprised Hana ended up being Mama, though it's funny it took her 11 years to get round to it. Definitely wasn't expecting the birth scene,, though it makes sense for the series. Although... did the glitching stream hide him from me or was there no appearance from the dad?
cassius335 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2019, 06:30 PM #1918
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

We saw Hana's husband/Hugtan's dad running towards the hospital with a bouquet of flowers, but his face was deliberately obscured.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 26th, 2019, 06:31 PM #1919
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Akiba Black wrote: View Post

Huh, that's at least 3 seasons in a row now that end on some kind of timeskip. I'm curious how they're going to bring Ruru back in Miracle Universe then (if they bother to explain it at all that is).
Crossovers don't need logic behind them; they never have and never will in this franchise that I know of.

And reading the spoiler...well that explains why bringing in someone from SM was a good idea....I guess.
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2019, 07:10 PM #1920
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

We saw Hana's husband/Hugtan's dad running towards the hospital with a bouquet of flowers, but his face was deliberately obscured.
Do we see anything of him that might be identified as someone we know (really hope it's not George)?

Speaking of which, is it explained why he seemed so creepily obsessed with Hana during the course of the series?

Also, what exactly did the Cures end up fighting in this episode when Criasu literally doesn't exist anymore?

But yeah, while I wasn't wild about the premise at first this has been a genuinely good season overall that is definitely one of my top favorites. Looking forward to Pretty Cure in Space in a few weeks.

Last edited by Akiba Black; January 26th, 2019 at 07:17 PM.

Tags
sentai with cupcakes