Home Menu

Menu

Old January 18th, 2019, 09:42 PM #1401
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

AkaGreenPrimo wrote: View Post

Jesus Christ. The entire Switch costs 300 dollars.

There's getting what you pay for, and then there's equating entertainment to cancer treatment...
Yeah when you look at what you get Game steel case which is 100 for that version. So 200 dollars is the rest and I'm like okay 1:1 mask is cool and all but not worth that kinda money to me. Cool to people who have money to burn. I'm only getting a second copy of the game because my kid would steal my copy and horde it lol.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 10:51 PM #1402
> comicstar100
Pirate King

comicstar100
Pirate King

I'd love if the game played more with time traveling characters, like having the Kung Lao from the MK Tournament before MK1 show up or maybe even have newer characters have children that show up.
comicstar100 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 12:59 AM #1403
> KCJ506
I'm a man of my word

KCJ506
I'm a man of my word

Kano possibly confirmed

If he's playable in this, then it seems like NRS is once again playing things safe. So far the only surprise returnee is Skarlet.
KCJ506 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 01:00 AM #1404
> Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

The game is shaping up good. Wondering if any of the other noobs of the last game will return, besides Cassie. I would like to see Takeda return and Erron Black. As for other returning vets, my boy Johnny Cage better return!
Zeo-Gold92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 09:11 AM #1405
> AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

Zeo-Gold92 wrote: View Post

Wondering if any of the other noobs of the last game will return, besides Cassie. I would like to see Takeda return and Erron Black.
Ferra/Torr and D'Vorah or GTFO.
AkaGreenPrimo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 09:34 AM #1406
> Random
The Lizard Queen

Random
The Lizard Queen

KCJ506 wrote: View Post

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'd like for them to bring back more post Trilogy characters rather than nearly the whole roster being characters from MK1-UMK3. I'm not one of those to buy or not buy a game for 1 or 2 characters, but when most of the post Trilogy characters keep getting shafted in favor for the same Trilogy characters, it gets boring and stale. The initial roster for MKX just ended up being MK9 + 8 new characters & Shinnok. The only post Trilogy characters added that weren't in MK9 were Bo Rai Cho and Tanya. Personally instead of always relying on nostalgia, I think NRS should include more characters that debuted in MK4-MKD and see which ones can be improved upon. Kenshi, Tanya and Shinnok have shown what success a redesign and solid moveset can do for a post trilogy character.

I'm not saying get rid of MK1-MK3 characters completely. Obviously characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Raiden are staples. Just make the roster more than basically a rehash of the previous games' roster and have more variety in it.
I don't think it's a nostalgia thing so much as just down to the fact most of the post MK3 characters were awful and more often than not, just existed as new skins for existing characters for the sake of advertising them as something new.

They salvaged most of the good ones, Quan Chi, Kenshi, etc, then called it a day. Can't say I'm broken up by that when the newer characters like Cassie, Takeda and D'Vorrah have been so much better.

MutekiDragon wrote: View Post

I wonder if there will be a mobile version of this game too.
I
They're updating the current one and removing the X from the title.
Random is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 10:01 AM #1407
> Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

AkaGreenPrimo wrote: View Post

Ferra/Torr and D'Vorah or GTFO.
D'vorah was pretty fun to use, although I never really got great with her. Ferra/Torr was ehhhhhh.....
Old January 19th, 2019, 10:26 AM #1408
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

Random wrote: View Post

They're updating the current one and removing the X from the title.
Really? I may have to try playing it again.
MutekiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 10:51 AM #1409
> StaticShin27
Free drinks, you know?

StaticShin27
Free drinks, you know?

Breakdown of the krushing blow mechanic
StaticShin27 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 12:36 PM #1410
> KCJ506
I'm a man of my word

KCJ506
I'm a man of my word

Random wrote: View Post

I don't think it's a nostalgia thing so much as just down to the fact most of the post MK3 characters were awful and more often than not, just existed as new skins for existing characters for the sake of advertising them as something new.

They salvaged most of the good ones, Quan Chi, Kenshi, etc, then called it a day. Can't say I'm broken up by that when the newer characters like Cassie, Takeda and D'Vorrah have been so much better.
The problem is quite of few of the post trilogy characters had potential, however there were victims of mismanagement. NRS has come a long since the 3D era games, so it would be nice for them to give some of those characters another go and put more thought into them.

Even some of the original Trilogy characters weren't too well received at first. Stryker for instance. Many people hated him in MK3 and more people started to warm up to him after MK9 came out.

Though characters like Jarek, Drahmin, Hsu Hao, Kobra, Dairou and Darrius, I wouldn't mind them ever not showing up again.
KCJ506 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2019, 01:50 AM #1411
> Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

There are a bunch of characters that we've had over the games that never got a proper go. I'd love to see Reiko and Movado return. Neither character got a chance to fully define themselves, instead come off as just a clone type of someone else. Maybe instead of horror characters being in the DLC pack they could bring back Kabal, Stryker and Night Wolf even. Just a thought.
Old January 20th, 2019, 02:28 AM #1412
> Merlin
The Burning Flame Element

Merlin

I think characters like Hotaru, Dairou, Darrius, Havik are way too confined to Deception to return in any meaningful way to the games. When Deception created two totally new realms, it tried to populate them with unique new characters to fill Deception's roster, but they just weren't very good. Havik was noteworthy, even clever, but not memorable enough to last. Kira and Kobra were far too generic, and Skarlet is more or less Kira in tone if not design.

You have clones and semi-clones like Movado and Jarek who were created to succeed old characters to create new content. But most people hated them. Kabal even killed Movado in his return story. Frost was well received, but I feel that if Sub-Zero hadn't been included as well, she would have been dismissed as a lame next-gen attempt.

The solid characters like Quan Chi, Kenshi, Bo Rai Cho, Sindel who lasted have unique characterizations and powers that no other character can emulate, but that are also familiar to the viewer. Everyone knows the goth wizard, the blind warrior, and the drunken master. They're archetypes seen in other games too. They weren't clones of previous ones, and unlike the Deception Realm characters, they weren't tied to a specific ideology that they have to follow or else they contradict their design. Shujinko is an example of someone who could have been a great original character, but since he only exists to copy powers, he's even less original than Shang Tsung and too firmly tied to Deception to go beyond it.

Of a;ll the veterans though, in this day and age I most definitely don't want Nightwolf back unless they give him a complete rebuild with consultants like Killer Instinct did for Thunder. When the Japanese created T. Hawk for Street Fighter and threw every Native television stereotype in the book at him, I excused it out of their large unfamiliarity with Native American history. They treat their own Native Japanese the Ainu with the same noble savage admiration. Nightwolf is an incredibly outdated and contemptible 20th century cliche that North America either has to move past or redesign.
Merlin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 06:52 AM #1413
> Merlin

Merlin

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-round-clock

Apparently, Geras can mess with the match clock as well as resurrect himself and rewind opponents' moves. It's really clever, but if he's got all this, what does it leave a boss named Kronika who's called the Keeper of Time?
Old January 21st, 2019, 06:59 AM #1414
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

Merlin wrote: View Post

Apparently, Geras can mess with the match clock as well as resurrect himself and rewind opponents' moves. It's really clever, but if he's got all this, what does it leave a boss named Kronika who's called the Keeper of Time?
christopherjohn wrote: View Post

He's a servant of hers so having time powers makes sense. If he has these powers I wonder what they are gonna give Kronika?
Full healing by rewinding time, stopping the opponent fully, slowing down time for everything but her.

Last edited by MutekiDragon; January 21st, 2019 at 08:28 AM.
MutekiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 08:11 AM #1415
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Merlin wrote: View Post

He's a servant of hers so having time powers makes sense. If he has these powers I wonder what they are gonna give Kronika?
Old January 21st, 2019, 08:38 AM #1416
> Merlin

Merlin

MutekiDragon wrote: View Post

Full healing by rewinding time, stopping the opponent fully, slowing down time for everything but her.
Full healing would be appropriate for a boss, but immobilization is already part of Geras and many others' arsenal. She needs unique time powers from him. Without having seen her, and if Geras hadn't been made a main, I'd have pegged him for a sub-boss or even a final boss.

We also don't have a monster sub-boss yet. I'd like to see someone other than Goro or a Shokan this time. Or, if keeping Goro, maybe Kronika could randomize your sub-boss so you could face him or Kintaro, Moloch, Onaga, or Motaro pulled from the past. But I'd prefer someone totally new.
Old January 31st, 2019, 07:06 PM #1417
> Merlin

Merlin

Kano is officially confirmed. Ear....to ear.
Old January 31st, 2019, 11:59 PM #1418
> Brown Ranger
Power Ranger

Brown Ranger
Power Ranger

I hope Noob Saibot returns.
Brown Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2019, 02:20 AM #1419
> Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

I'm happy that Kano is back, I really enjoyed using him in MK X, especially his Cutthroat variation. Still holding out for Johnny Cage. I could live without having Jax in this one. I got to got to got to have JC though! Non-negotiable...
Old February 1st, 2019, 02:28 AM #1420
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Zeo-Gold92 wrote: View Post

I'm happy that Kano is back, I really enjoyed using him in MK X, especially his Cutthroat variation. Still holding out for Johnny Cage. I could live without having Jax in this one. I got to got to got to have JC though! Non-negotiable...
This is a game about time travel. Expect people who are both alive and dead.