Home Menu

Menu

Old January 15th, 2019, 08:35 PM #5341
> Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

Adara.2 wrote: View Post

Kind of want Raichu to have all the regional variants. Give it something and give me incentive to catch a Pikachu.
Sort of hope if we get Regional Variants again, we get some beyond just Kanto Pokemon. Seriously, taking some of the ideas and making them more British like an Aegislash based on Excalibur (with maybe a Water typing to connect it to the Lady of the Lake) or turning Kirilia into a British Pageboy with Gardevoir becoming like Guinevere & Gallade into Galahad would be boss.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 15th, 2019, 09:52 PM #5342
> SnowWolf25
Power Ranger

SnowWolf25
Power Ranger

A regional variant of Fletchling that resembles a robin or a blue tit would be good.

A red and white variation of Lucario, which the pokemon world's version of Robin Hood could be based on, doubling as an homage to the Disney version as well as the original tale.

We also need a British bulldog.
SnowWolf25 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 07:10 AM #5343
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

SnowWolf25 wrote: View Post

A regional variant of Fletchling that resembles a robin or a blue tit would be good.

A red and white variation of Lucario, which the pokemon world's version of Robin Hood could be based on, doubling as an homage to the Disney version as well as the original tale.

We also need a British bulldog.
We already got a bulldog Pokemon in the form of Snubble. Maybe there could be a regional variant of him.
Bluecatcinema is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 08:03 AM #5344
> Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

Considering that Granbull is based on Gaelic myth, I can definitely see regional Snubble/Granbull as required. (maybe Fairy/Dark)

Also thinking of Monty Python and the requirement of doing a super-huge/strong Tailow/Swellow variant, maybe make Flying/Fighting.
Old January 16th, 2019, 08:11 AM #5345
> AkaBunny
VIP Rider

AkaBunny
VIP Rider

Ataruman wrote: View Post

Also thinking of Monty Python and the requirement of doing a super-huge/strong Tailow/Swellow variant, maybe make Flying/Fighting.
What about an evolution for Chatot that is no longer a parrot or is an undead bird?

AkaBunny is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 12:33 PM #5346
> Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

Heck, just a ghost-type Chatot alone would be perfect.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 17th, 2019, 03:07 AM #5347
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Sort of hope if we get Regional Variants again, we get some beyond just Kanto Pokemon. Seriously, taking some of the ideas and making them more British like an Aegislash based on Excalibur (with maybe a Water typing to connect it to the Lady of the Lake) or turning Kirilia into a British Pageboy with Gardevoir becoming like Guinevere & Gallade into Galahad would be boss.
If you're mentioning about a Regional Variant of Kirilia, Gardevoir and Gallade, what about Ralts?
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 04:44 AM #5348
> Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

If you're mentioning about a Regional Variant of Kirilia, Gardevoir and Gallade, what about Ralts?
Depends really on whether you want to keep them all the same types. Could just see all of them becoming Steel as opposed to Psychic while keeping their secondary upon evolving (Fairy or Fighting)
Old January 17th, 2019, 02:56 PM #5349
> SephStuff
Power Ranger

SephStuff
Power Ranger

Is there a reason this conversation is in spoiler tags?

Anyway, I'm hoping that there are more regional variants, it's a cool concept. I'd love if they went back to Pokemon like Shellos/Gastrodoon who already have two forms and give them another one, or maybe a Yellow form of Basculin, a purple Jellicent.
SephStuff is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 07:46 AM #5350
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

They made pikachu sickeningly cute

Another trailer soon with LEGO movie

https://twitter.com/ImAFilmEditor/st...937856/photo/1
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 09:23 AM #5351
> AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

Well done.
AkaGreenPrimo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2019, 10:32 AM #5352
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Bipedal vs Quadrupedal

- Things start with the narrator telling us the many """interesting""" things the kids are doing;

- Ash looks for Hapu but turns out she is begging the kahuna position to Tapu Fini;

- I like Hapu's struggle to be a kahuna better in the games. It seems like the anime one just carry on her life and ocassionaly begs Fini while the games one, at least journey to improve herself before trying again;

- So Mudsdale gets out of control because of simple Corsola horn? So much for Stamina ability;

- Guess the secret for Ash's Keen Eye is that he battles often and has to pay attention to lots of things happening at the same time. When you thinking about it, it makes sense he has such a sharp vision to notice what's wrong on Mudsdale;

- Turns out Gladion rivals Ash even in the small objective of finding Tapu Fini!;

- Mohn is finally brought up. Let's see how the anime will handle the whole PokéPelago thing;

- It's a small pic but Lusamine looks stunning as a bride lol;

- So, that's Ash's turns to be blasted off. Somewhere, deep on Bewear's place, Team Rocket lets go a slim smile;

- And Ash kind of screws Lillie's chance to spare with her brother. Guess she is relieved to know she won't be destroyed lol;

- I like they remember Ash's Dusk Lycanroc is meant to be a rare thing;

- And they even brought up the one time Ash trained Lycanroc with Tapu Bulu;

- Gladion orders Swords Dance... But Lycanroc doesn't do much dancing for it;

- Interesting they are bringing up that Outrage has the side effect of causing confusion;

- Gladion debuts his new Z-move. Out of Dragonium. Of course Ash is going lose;

- And Tapu Fini shows herself;

- No TR. Bonus points!

Overall, very good episode. I like they are setting up Hapu's way to become kahuna while also giving us a battle that won't make the audience fall asleep. At the same time, we have a bit more of exploration on Lillie's story and family relationships.

Next time: Vikavolt for Sophocles. And maybe Brionne for Lana as well!

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxHqVp1UwAAgA4V.png

They made pikachu sickeningly cute
Yeah, it's quite good in this particular scene.

But that Greninja is kind of terrifying.
Spider-Phoenix is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2019, 10:37 AM #5353
> AkaBunny
VIP Rider

AkaBunny
VIP Rider

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

But that Greninja is kind of terrifying.
And that makes me love it so much more. I'm not going to lie, some of the Detective Pikachu models for Pokemon are freaky weird, but for me, that just makes them all the more charming.
AkaBunny is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2019, 04:35 PM #5354
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Reminds me of electric tales of Pikachu, say what you want about the girls but the monsters had a good cross of cute or scary

The edits were terribly done and I couldn’t read the series as it was jarring to look at as it was clear even for someone that hasn’t read the uncensored version. It’s like Viz’ Green’s censored scene but unbearably worse

Last edited by Allio; January 20th, 2019 at 04:44 PM.
Allio is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2019, 09:26 PM #5355
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Today I saw some episodes from Orange Islands that I never got the chance to see during their initial airings. This happened while I was watching some kids whose parents were having conferences. The episodes included the one where Charizard finally listened to Ash after battling a Poliwrath, Squirtle getting t to be a firefighter again, and Snorlax learning hyper beam after the Pokéball that carried it broke.

Also, Warner Bros. is already planning a sequel to Detective Pikachu.

Detective Pikachu Sequel Already In Development At Legendary
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2019, 09:52 PM #5356
> AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

On Jeopardy! tonight, not only did they have a Pikachu clue, but the contestant answered with a Pikachu impression. XD

ranger_scout wrote: View Post

Warner Bros. is already planning a sequel to Detective Pikachu.

Detective Pikachu Sequel Already In Development At Legendary
I want ten of these.
AkaGreenPrimo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 09:53 AM #5357
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Double Evolution!

- Kids talk about pointless goals;

- Hapu appears when Ash mentions her name lol;

- Primarina gets a proper debut;

- Ash should have caught that Hakamo-o. Why can't we have nice things? It's not even overpower since it's 4x weak to fairy;

- Hey, it's those kids from the racing Charjabugs filler;

- Ash completly forgot about them. Like they didn't exist. Not the only one lol;

- So the writting remembers Sophocles is afraid of the dark. Impressed there was no episode of him dealing with it and overcoming it;

- More boring training for Lana;

- Hey, it's the Mystery Box! Guess that's the set up for the upcoming Meltan episodes;

- Charjabug becomes a Vikavolt. Most boring evolution scene ever;

- That's the Primarina exclusive Z-move... But don't expect a genkidama-esque thing like in the games;

- And after 100 episodes, Popplio finally evolves. And yet that's another boring evolution scene;

- Lana gets Primarinaium-Z. So I guess she'll end up going all the way, after all;

- No TR means more bonus points!

Overall, passable episode. For an episode with a double evolution - a rare thing in the show - it didn't manage to impress that much. I guess it helps that Lana's and Sophocles' goals and roles within the show aren't that impressive or engaging. I guess it just serves the purpose of giving them some power ups so they won't look more pushovers in the league arc than they look already.

Next time: Ash is kidnapped?

Allio wrote: View Post

Reminds me of electric tales of Pikachu, say what you want about the girls but the monsters had a good cross of cute or scary
I've found Electric tale quite good. I had the minisseries with the edits. Back then, I didn't know about them but still I found a fun take in the series' world.

Allio wrote: View Post

The edits were terribly done and I couldn’t read the series as it was jarring to look at as it was clear even for someone that hasn’t read the uncensored version. It’s like Viz’ Green’s censored scene but unbearably worse
I was shocked to find the author also does hentai under a different pen name. No wonder it seems to have be all but forgotten despite having a decent lenght for a manga spin-off.
Old January 27th, 2019, 11:07 AM #5358
> Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

I know that Primarina is probably one of the most popular final starters in Japan...but why wait until near the end before Popplio evolves and giving Lana a Primarium in the process? Why not at least make it better paced...well not as speedy as Bounsweet, but enough to at least make it as important as Litten becoming Torracat.

At least Vikavolt was in the right place and time.
Old February 3rd, 2019, 02:28 PM #5359
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Ash in distress

- The kids about their boring goals;

- Seems like Kiawe wants to battle Tapu Fini as well;

- So Sophocles and the girls are off to visit Hapu while Ash and Kiawe do their thing;

- That scene with Ash and Kiawe... Is that a homage to Pikachu vs Raichu in that Pikachu short from movie 1?;

- Hey, the staff remembered Torracat exists;

- Ash is trapped. I guess that's what they get for messing around Tapu Fini's place;

- Guess Kiawe has a time limit to save Ash;

- Tapu Fini is very demanding to calm its anger. Bet it wants Tapu Lele's scales because it sees it as its rival;

- Kiawe finally uses Charizard for battle;

- Wow, that was easy. Barely any tension at all. Just a random flashback;

- Tapu Fini forces Charizard to be send out;

- Kiawe gets a shiny new Z-Crystal, Flynium-Z. Well, at least it's being given away in a less random thing as it was in the games;

- And Kiawe gets to show off Supersonic Sky Strike;

- So the old guy is a ghost much like Kiawe's grampa (whose spirit does a random cameo);

- No TR means bonus points.

Overall, decent episode. Had some of the quirks from the usual Sun and Moon episode but at least it was passable enough to be entertaining. Randomly starting to give the kids power ups is weird since we lost so much time on fillers but at least they are doing some thing.

But I still think the Alola League is going to be a joke.

Next time: Mallow focus. I guess that's the emotional episode we've been promised by one of the staff. Guess it'll have something to do her mother (the only classmate relative we haven't seen so far since we know who Mohn with he being from the games and all)

I know that Primarina is probably one of the most popular final starters in Japan...but why wait until near the end before Popplio evolves and giving Lana a Primarium in the process? Why not at least make it better paced...well not as speedy as Bounsweet, but enough to at least make it as important as Litten becoming Torracat.

At least Vikavolt was in the right place and time.
It's Sun and Moon. It does what it wants to and when it needs to do something because it's from the games or it's necessary, they just push it out there, without any setup (and when there's, it's poorly done).

I can't wait for Gen 8 so we can leave this thing behind. While it's true it's not a train wreck and it's improved, it's still inferior to what we had before.
Old February 3rd, 2019, 04:00 PM #5360
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Just felt like saying, finally finished Gen 1 & 2 for my living/floating/whatever dex in the bank the other day. I'm horrible with these things, but since S/M I've been wanting to actually make one at last after these many generations. But then I stupidly want to have each gen's pokemon from their respected regions, as much as possible. Mainly I let legendaries slide since some are only obtained from downloads, and I want them all under my trainer name. Again, legendaries are exceptions if I have to. If it wasn't for that I'd have had at least Gen 1-5 done easily by now cause I had AR'd most of the 'mons back on Black. But now I either gotta catch them, or do breeding. Which was fine with the Gen 1 & 2, more or less, cause I was using HG and could AR eggs and all. Then ship them to X or Sun for leveling/evolving. But can't do that with OR and Gen 3, so breeding and hatching will take quite awhile, definitely need a lot of 'mons. But hey, it's progress!

And by Gen 8 maybe I'll even have Gen 3 done, haha!
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
eternally 10, pokemon