RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > FanFiction
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old October 17th, 2017, 09:51 AM   #1
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Machine Empire - Origins of Evil

Wrote this really quick tale to convince someone my own ideas. Probably may/may not get some resonance here and I doubt I'll follow up on any of these, but here's what I've got.

Oh and if you need any further info, all you need is from four Power Rangers Zeo episodes: "Trust Me", "Rock-A-Bye Power Rangers", "Mondo's Last Stand" and "The Joke's On Blue".

Once, long ago in a galaxy far, far away, there was an empire of machines. The empire had it's cruelties, but was considered one of the most fair and honorable empires throughout the galaxy. It's leader, Mondo, was an ambitious ruler who never took anything for granted but who respected and cared for all those who lived and fought and died for his empire. His wife, Machina, cared greatly about the empire's welfare and the warriors who fought for it. Their means of combat were it's soldiers, all trained tried and true to defend it to the bitter end with honor. However, Mondo and Machina's greatest pride were their two children, both built into fine young adults and ready to place their service to the empire in their own means and measures. The elder was their son Gasket, who worshipped his father to the very end and wished to prove his honor to him while fighting a rebellious streak within himself. The younger and less well known was the princess Harmonia: beautiful, buxom and well built, her most notable attribute was her sleepy eyes and the power of her voice, which while powerful had the unfortunate attribute of putting beings to sleep. This power was dangerous to the point that she was hidden away from the world and some had nicknamed her by another name: Morpheus, the sleep bringer.

Unfortunately, Harmonia's existence was not shielded from all those who wish to bring the Royal House of Gadgetry harm. Aradon, ruler of the Royal House of Gizmodia (a rival to the Gadgetry house), saw his own daughter, Archerina, as the only one worthy of such beauty and power; not some secret sleepy-eyed princess of the main family! With how little was known of Mondo's "secret princess", Aradon saw this as an opportunity to eliminate her and thus give his own daughter no rival in mechanical beauty. Late one evening, an assassin snuck into the main palace of the Machine King and made his way into Harmonia's chamber as she slept. What happened next was a shame to all who remembered: the assassin remodulated her voice while ruining her electronics and circuitry, then with her greatest strength eliminated, proceeded to rip her apart bit by bit until there was nothing but wires and gears all over the bedchamber! No one saw the assassin arrive or vanish, and no one at first realized that the princess had been scrapped in such a horrific manner.

However, one valiant knight who knew of Harmonia and who protected her chamber saw that her elimination showed the weakness of the Machine King hiding their powerful daughter away. His mechanics boiled over and only thought of one thing: to eliminate King Mondo for his weakness and lack of care for the machines in his great "empire". Bringing up complaint to his court, he challenged the king to a showdown in order to prove his weakness. The knight was one of the best swordsman of the empire, but Mondo, not wishing to be shamed by one of his own, brought forth his powerful Sword of Damocles to crush him in final showdown. After a long torn out battle, the knight barely lost, his body falling apart out of exhaustion; but not before striking a critical blow within the now mindless emperor that likewise made it a victory gained in vain. Mondo appeared to be destroyed; and while the knight knew he would be rebuilt, he saw that his actions would greater limit whatever he could perform from here on in, giving him an unexpected pyrrhic victory in the face of defeat.

Once Mondo returned from his loss rebuilt and the scraps of both Harmonia and the dissidant knight were sent to the scrapyards to be long forgotten, the empire went under a dramatic change. Mondo kept his civility but became more authoritarian due to the threats to his life and the loss of his daughter making him feel too weak. The knight core was scrapped completely and split into two units: the mechanical monsters constructed to fight for the empire, and the brainless minions known as the Cogs. Some time after when Gasket ran away secretly with the dreaded Archerina, Mondo decided to build a new son, one much smaller and more spoiled than either his arrogant honor-bound Gasket or beautiful but lost Harmonia; Sprocket would know not of what his father had been through and the early days of the empire, but he did fill a void drastically needed within the king and queen's life. Likewise in order to fill in the loss of joy in their life unknown to them, a jester by the name of Klank and a partner named Orbus were constructed to amuse them in time of need.

The Machine Empire had changed forever...but was it for the better?
Ataruman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 10:32 AM   #2
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Ataruman wrote: View Post

[I]Wrote this really quick tale to convince someone my own ideas.
Can't imagine who. LOL

I like the assassin inclusion. Who sent him, though?!?!?!?!?!?!
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 11:37 AM   #3
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

Can't imagine who. LOL
They wouldn't leave me alone and I wanted to prove that I wouldn't follow their way.

I like the assassin inclusion. Who sent him, though?!?!?!?!?!?!
Aradon. Simply put, just intrigue among mechanical houses of the same empire.
Old October 17th, 2017, 12:16 PM   #4
Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Wrote this really quick tale to convince someone my own ideas. Probably may/may not get some resonance here and I doubt I'll follow up on any of these, but here's what I've got.

Oh and if you need any further info, all you need is from four Power Rangers Zeo episodes: "Trust Me", "Rock-A-Bye Power Rangers", "Mondo's Last Stand" and "The Joke's On Blue".

Once, long ago in a galaxy far, far away, there was an empire of machines. The empire had it's cruelties, but was considered one of the most fair and honorable empires throughout the galaxy. It's leader, Mondo, was an ambitious ruler who never took anything for granted but who respected and cared for all those who lived and fought and died for his empire. His wife, Machina, cared greatly about the empire's welfare and the warriors who fought for it. Their means of combat were it's soldiers, all trained tried and true to defend it to the bitter end with honor. However, Mondo and Machina's greatest pride were their two children, both built into fine young adults and ready to place their service to the empire in their own means and measures. The elder was their son Gasket, who worshipped his father to the very end and wished to prove his honor to him while fighting a rebellious streak within himself. The younger and less well known was the princess Harmonia: beautiful, buxom and well built, her most notable attribute was her sleepy eyes and the power of her voice, which while powerful had the unfortunate attribute of putting beings to sleep. This power was dangerous to the point that she was hidden away from the world and some had nicknamed her by another name: Morpheus, the sleep bringer.

Unfortunately, Harmonia's existence was not shielded from all those who wish to bring the Royal House of Gadgetry harm. Aradon, ruler of the Royal House of Gizmodia (a rival to the Gadgetry house), saw his own daughter, Archerina, as the only one worthy of such beauty and power; not some secret sleepy-eyed princess of the main family! With how little was known of Mondo's "secret princess", Aradon saw this as an opportunity to eliminate her and thus give his own daughter no rival in mechanical beauty. Late one evening, an assassin snuck into the main palace of the Machine King and made his way into Harmonia's chamber as she slept. What happened next was a shame to all who remembered: the assassin remodulated her voice while ruining her electronics and circuitry, then with her greatest strength eliminated, proceeded to rip her apart bit by bit until there was nothing but wires and gears all over the bedchamber! No one saw the assassin arrive or vanish, and no one at first realized that the princess had been scrapped in such a horrific manner.

However, one valiant knight who knew of Harmonia and who protected her chamber saw that her elimination showed the weakness of the Machine King hiding their powerful daughter away. His mechanics boiled over and only thought of one thing: to eliminate King Mondo for his weakness and lack of care for the machines in his great "empire". Bringing up complaint to his court, he challenged the king to a showdown in order to prove his weakness. The knight was one of the best swordsman of the empire, but Mondo, not wishing to be shamed by one of his own, brought forth his powerful Sword of Damocles to crush him in final showdown. After a long torn out battle, the knight barely lost, his body falling apart out of exhaustion; but not before striking a critical blow within the now mindless emperor that likewise made it a victory gained in vain. Mondo appeared to be destroyed; and while the knight knew he would be rebuilt, he saw that his actions would greater limit whatever he could perform from here on in, giving him an unexpected pyrrhic victory in the face of defeat.

Once Mondo returned from his loss rebuilt and the scraps of both Harmonia and the dissidant knight were sent to the scrapyards to be long forgotten, the empire went under a dramatic change. Mondo kept his civility but became more authoritarian due to the threats to his life and the loss of his daughter making him feel too weak. The knight core was scrapped completely and split into two units: the mechanical monsters constructed to fight for the empire, and the brainless minions known as the Cogs. Some time after when Gasket ran away secretly with the dreaded Archerina, Mondo decided to build a new son, one much smaller and more spoiled than either his arrogant honor-bound Gasket or beautiful but lost Harmonia; Sprocket would know not of what his father had been through and the early days of the empire, but he did fill a void drastically needed within the king and queen's life. Likewise in order to fill in the loss of joy in their life unknown to them, a jester by the name of Klank and a partner named Orbus were constructed to amuse them in time of need.

The Machine Empire had changed forever...but was it for the better?
You and i should work together.
Sevenlima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 12:28 PM   #5
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Aradon. Simply put, just intrigue among mechanical houses of the same empire.
Oh, duh. That's what I get for reading too fast.

But it rings a bit hollow that one side was just wrong, when the Romeo & Juliet of it all alluded to both sides being full of it.

Sevenlima wrote: View Post

You and i should work together.
Please do not quote large posts just to make short replies, it makes scrolling more difficult for everyone.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 03:17 PM   #6
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

But it rings a bit hollow that one side was just wrong, when the Romeo & Juliet of it all alluded to both sides being full of it.
They both were wrong. This is just one side screwing the other when there probably is a larger history behind it. Just a bit of a sneak-peak for the concept of world-building if I ever get back to this.
Old October 19th, 2017, 12:57 AM   #7
Knuckles
Angemon!

That was a nice 'proof of concept' kinda piece. Though I admit that I had issues with ever seeing the Machine Empire as 'fair and honorable', I do like the ideas that you presented with the different rival houses of machines and Mondo's legacy.

One particular aspect I have to take issue with however. I would have liked to have seen an additional line or two concerning Harmonia. There was just no reason given as to why she was simply not rebuilt. Either a line that she was simply unrepairable (and in a worse state that Mondo had been) would have sufficed. Or even that the shame of what had happened to her had pushed Mondo into not wanting to rebuild her for it to potentially happen again.

Either way though, I think 'scrapyard' is a bit harsh for a member of the Royal House of Gadgetry.

But yeah, minor quibbles. A nice pitch dude and nicely written. You immediately gain additional points with me for the correct use of the term 'pyrrhic victory'.
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 12:14 PM   #8
DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

Feels very Baranoia like in nature. Strangely appropriate for the world building Zeo presented. Good, short, sweet.
DragonBuckler7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 06:40 PM   #9
yami senshi youkaiou
Author of Morphinverse

Damn that was pretty cool.

Is this gonna be a series like Rita origins of evil, Zedd origins of evil, etc.
yami senshi youkaiou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 08:18 PM   #10
AngieYaz
Power Ranger

Harmonia....hmmmm...

I think I have a strange feeling that....

Anyway, please continue! =D I wanna know more. This is incredible!

Last edited by AngieYaz; October 24th, 2017 at 03:05 PM.
AngieYaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2017, 04:59 PM   #11
Sevenlima
Power Ranger

But there's no how the machine empire was born ?
Sevenlima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 05:29 PM   #12
yami senshi youkaiou
Author of Morphinverse

Eh I took it as this is the origin of how the machine empire became evil.
yami senshi youkaiou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 11:09 AM   #13
AngieYaz
Power Ranger

yami senshi youkaiou wrote: View Post

Eh I took it as this is the origin of how the machine empire became evil.
How do you like Harmonia? She an interesting character?
AngieYaz is offline   Reply With Quote