Home Menu

Menu

Old July 17th, 2018, 07:50 PM #1141
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Honestly I didn't care about the change in Crystal. Actually I thought the way it all played out was fine. And really, Venus stabbing Beryl in the manga didn't amount to anything so...yeah. You could've theoretically swapped any Inner for Venus in that scene and it would've amounted to the same. I don't really see it as shafting Venus or the Inners for changing it, but that's me.
Alitain is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2018, 08:00 PM #1142
> Sabanrangerfan Xman
Let's All Go To Hell!!

Sabanrangerfan Xman
Let's All Go To Hell!!

I agree.
Sabanrangerfan Xman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 01:10 AM #1143
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Venus is the leader of the senshi and this was her big moment in the first arc, it disappoints me that they took this away from her especially because Usagi is the one who kills Metallia, they didn't have to give her the Beryl kill too.

The Shitennou change was just stupid, they let them survive their manga deaths just to kill them off like that? They should have at least let them sacrifice themselves for Endyimion. Their stones later save his life, that moment could have been changed to an actual sacrifice.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 03:12 AM #1144
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

I believe the scene in question also for some reason does not appear in any incarnation of the franchise except the manga (definitely not the 90's version which kills off all the Inners temporarily prior to the final battle), not sure about the live action version as I haven't finished it yet.

I haven't actually read the manga version to be honest, are there any other parts in it that never got adapted in any form?
Akiba Black is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 07:27 AM #1145
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Wait... wait... wait... I'm not all that familiar with the manga so I took your word for it... but Venus stabbed Beryl with the sword to kill her.

https://i.imgur.com/HthEhlN.png

It's literally Crystal's fault that they opted to instead take the moment from Venus and change it into something stupid.
this. they went from venus stabbing beryl in the gut to moon stabbing...her pendant? her pendant??? and it took like 10 seconds for that damn sword to completely shatter her pendant, like wtf beryl? did you just want to die? she could of bitch slapped moon and saved herself. i get that crystal was supposed to follow the manga, but that was a clear change from its origin. they should of kept venus stabbing beryl.

Sabanrangerfan Xman wrote: View Post

Uhm, megagao. I get what you're saying. However, I say that's the fault of the manga for being the inspiration of Ami, Rei, Makoto and Minako not doing anything in the finale of the Dark Kingdom arc. I mean, it was like that in the manga, so what did you expect?!
i'm sorry, but with the changes that crystal has made already, whether small or large, they could of changed how the inners were used in the finale. like i get that the focus of the manga will always be moon and super tux and pink bunny, but seriously though, give some light to the inners! their your guardians. they were so horribly mistreated in that finale, and again in the first half of the black moon arc. do they think that mistreating some fan favorites is the best way to go with crystal? clearly they tried fixing that in the third season, but by that point the damage has been done.

Primal Slayer wrote: View Post

That pissed me off. The Inners already got shafted enough in general and to take away such a big moment from one of them....
yea, they had an opportunity to really give them something to shine. when i saw that the four kings were still alive for the finale, they could of given each inner one king to battle to the death. that would of been an amazing finale for them and would have done them justice. but no, lets concentrate on moronic moon killing herself again and have learnt nothing from her past. she literally allowed the bad guys to win just because her love was killed...well we all know that wasn't the case, but moon literally gave up while the inners gave everything they had in the end, however lame it was. all of that should of been done differently.
megagao is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 06:34 PM #1146
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Salted Pepper wrote: View Post

Venus is the leader of the senshi and this was her big moment in the first arc, it disappoints me that they took this away from her especially because Usagi is the one who kills Metallia, they didn't have to give her the Beryl kill too.

The Shitennou change was just stupid, they let them survive their manga deaths just to kill them off like that? They should have at least let them sacrifice themselves for Endyimion. Their stones later save his life, that moment could have been changed to an actual sacrifice.
But really, what does leader of the scouts really amount to in the show? The most it got her was perhaps not getting automatically captured in S2 so she was able to...hang out(and even called them out on it in the show). Sure, calls herself the leader but we basically have Moon there to take the role. Not exactly leader-like, but she still fulfills the role. Might've been different if they actually made Usagi somehow step back from being active, so Venus could really act like a leader of the team, but I just never got that vibe from her.

Despite her entrance, which obviously is nice, and despite her having apparently been kinda active(I say kinda before Crystal doesn't really elaborate on her time before), once she joins she's just one of the other Inners basically. Not to dis Venus, don't have anything against her, I just don't really see the significance of Venus getting the kill as oppose to what went down in Crystal. Like I mentioned before, you could swap any Inner into that scene and it wouldn't have changed a thing.

Effectively the Inners are no real different than a Sentai/PR team. Usagi is red, and Venus would be Blue and sorta act like she knows her stuff, or we're told she's the second. But it really doesn't mean a thing cause Usagi is red and even being a ditz she still ends up as the "leader". So Venus being the leader of the scouts ends up just being...all talk basically.
Old July 18th, 2018, 06:39 PM #1147
> Xenotome
💎💎Lil 'Roki💎💎

Xenotome
💎💎Lil 'Roki💎💎

Alitain wrote: View Post

Effectively the Inners are no real different than a Sentai/PR team. Usagi is red, and Venus would be Blue and sorta act like she knows her stuff, or we're told she's the second. But it really doesn't mean a thing cause Usagi is red and even being a ditz she still ends up as the "leader". So Venus being the leader of the scouts ends up just being...all talk basically.
If only they were a Sentai then maybe they'd of gotten something to do...
Xenotome is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 06:58 PM #1148
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Xenotome wrote: View Post

If only they were a Sentai then maybe they'd of gotten something to do...
To be fair the beginning episodes of S2 were effectively the equivalent to what non-Red rangers get in most Sentai, ie a focus episode heh.
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:22 PM #1149
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Alitain wrote: View Post

But really, what does leader of the scouts really amount to in the show?
Nothing really, the position became a bit pointless when the princess was made an active senshi. Which is why it's a pity the one leaderlike thing (get giant sword, kill villain) was taken from her.
Old July 20th, 2018, 08:19 AM #1150
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Having now seen all 3 incarnations of the franchise plus some of the manga (which I probably like the least though it does have some good bits like Venus stabbing Beryl with a sword and Rei's crows actually having some significance in the plot), I'm curious about something. Why is Rei's character so drastically different in the 90's version compared to nearly every other incarnation of her?

In most versions she's stoic, serious and has little to no interest in men but in the 90's series (which was the version of her I was most familiar with) she's almost the complete opposite (though she does soften a bit as the series progresses). While to be fair, I kind of find the sassy, more hot-headed Rei to be far more entertaining I'm kind of curious why they changed her specifically when nearly every other scout is about the same no matter what the version (or at the very least, wasn't changed quite so drastically).

In spite of the changes I still like the 90's version the best (though making Mamoru a college student was also kind of weird, especially since Usagi is still 14), if only because it actually gives more focus to characters not named Usagi, Chibiusa or Mamoru. PGSM is second best as I kind of like some of the more Sentai-esque monster designs better than the ones from the anime/manga and Luna replacing Chibiusa as the team's "sixth ranger" was an interesting idea. While I doubt it's going to happen, I honestly wouldn't mind a second season one day though they'd probably have to replace most of the cast by now.

Last edited by Akiba Black; July 20th, 2018 at 08:34 AM.
Old July 20th, 2018, 08:37 AM #1151
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Akiba Black wrote: View Post

Having now seen all 3 incarnations of the franchise plus some of the manga (which I probably like the least though it does have some good bits like Venus stabbing Beryl with a sword and Rei's crows actually having some significance in the plot), I'm curious about something. Why is Rei's character so drastically different in the 90's version compared to nearly every other incarnation of her?
My guess is they wanted a stronger contrast to Ami, the original anime had a long stretch in the beginning where it was just Usagi, Ami and Rei. Ami was already calm, serious and studious, changing Rei to be more hotheaded and boycrazy helped to differentiate her. The original anime was also very character driven, changing Rei allowed for different interactions, conflicts and kinds of stories to be told.
Old July 20th, 2018, 09:06 AM #1152
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Yeah, that makes sense. Though like I said, I kind of like the 90's version of the character better because of the changes they made (and since I saw that version first it was kind of jarring at first when she showed up in PGSM and Crystal).