> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

ItzClavell wrote: View Post

http://www.qualityembroideredpatches.com/

great people, excellent communication, and will definitely work with you. I had an awsome experience with them.
You are all kinds of awesome. Thanks!
trekkieb47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 12:47 AM #102
> ⚡Zeddykins
FACEPALM

Zeddykins
FACEPALM

Alrighty peeps, I've been collecting cardboard for the past few days from work & have decided to make Jet Icarus as my costume choice. Like I previously said, it's fairly blocky, so it makes for a good choice as my first attempt. Should I make a decent looking suit, I'll most likely wear it at PMC4. People may not know that it's a Sentai exclusive suit, but it'll at least be recognized as a Megazord. Here's what I have planned so far:

-Put some kind of padding inside all areas of the suit so I'm not just rubbing up against cardboard when I move and whatnot
-Body suit. I've had some thoughts about velcro sewed on to it as well as the rest of the suit so it's not moving about when I walk or move a certain way
-Make some of the features 3 dimensional. If you look at the Jet Icarus suit, a lot of the things on there look like giant stickers, like the engines and jets on the back of the legs

Those are the thoughts I have so far. I'll get started on this as soon as I order a buttload of paper tape & find out what kind of padding/foam/whatever it is I'll be using on the inside.

Look forward to this!
Zeddykins is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 04:33 PM #103
> RoboTrap
Power Ranger

RoboTrap
Power Ranger

So, the hood on my Tech_Styles suit is a bit... weird. The straps pull the sides of the neck forward, which just looks odd.

It looks better with the suit on, but now all that stress is put on the suit's collar, making it do all sorts of weird things.

Is there an easy fix for this? I'm contemplating taking in the sides of the hood so it won't have enough material to distort the collar, but I don't think that'll solve the problem, just make it less obvious.
RoboTrap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 05:19 PM #104
> JakeMoore
Green With Evil

JakeMoore
Green With Evil

@RoboTrap- I have a similar problem with my hood, but way worse. I have a wide chest and thick shoulders, so the hood doesn't form to my neck at all, just forms a teepee shape, lol! I'm thinking that removing the elastic straps and sewing on some longer ones would alleviate this problem.
JakeMoore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 05:35 PM #105
> RoboTrap
Power Ranger

RoboTrap
Power Ranger

You're right, I think the straps were placed with a smaller person in mind. If that's the case, then I wouldn't need to take the sides in, just relocate the straps further from the center. despite having a bunch of my measurements, there are some weird sizing issues with my suit.
RoboTrap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:28 PM #106
> Markatisu
Authorized Bluefin Dealer

eBay
Markatisu
Authorized Bluefin Dealer

eBay

I know this may sound stupid and I could not really find much using the search function. Has anyone done like Megazord outfits?

I know other fandoms have replicated big suits and robots but I have not seen that much in PR fandom
Markatisu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:12 PM #107
> JakeMoore
Green With Evil

JakeMoore
Green With Evil

It's been done. It's mainly just cardboard.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:51 PM #108
> okottekoneko
Power Ranger

okottekoneko
Power Ranger

Im planning on making myself a helmet for gokai red.

im using the method suggested on 405th by beginning with a pepakura paper frame fiber glassing it then building on it with bog.

i understand all that but haven't got a clue chat to use for the visor.

the closest idea i have is take the plastic from like a coke bottle cut it to shape then cover it in an automotive tint film.

i also will be splitting the helm into 2 half's if i cannot get my head into it (most likely.) what can i use to sturdily join the half's together and not have clasps or hinges visible from the outside?
okottekoneko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:57 PM #109
> JakeMoore
Green With Evil

JakeMoore
Green With Evil

To join the two halves, you can hot glue an elastic strap to the two pieces. That's how the stunt casts are done
Old September 3rd, 2012, 09:29 PM #110
> okottekoneko
Power Ranger

okottekoneko
Power Ranger

JakeMoore wrote: View Post

To join the two halves, you can hot glue an elastic strap to the two pieces. That's how the stunt casts are done
is that for at the top of the helmet in place of a hinge?
okottekoneko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:45 AM #111
> ashleyj1988
Power Ranger

ashleyj1988
Power Ranger

Anyone know how to make tabi boots or buy some? I am doing MMPR pink ninja and cannot find tabi boots that match the suit nor fit. I bought pink Vibram shoes as a back up but I really don't want to resort to them

(Sorry if this is the wrong thread)
ashleyj1988 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:57 PM #112
> ItzClavell
Miami's White Ranger

ItzClavell
Miami's White Ranger

ashleyj1988 wrote: View Post

Anyone know how to make tabi boots or buy some? I am doing MMPR pink ninja and cannot find tabi boots that match the suit nor fit. I bought pink Vibram shoes as a back up but I really don't want to resort to them

(Sorry if this is the wrong thread)
There is a member here that bought some white tabi boots and dyed them. You may want to consider going that way. The pics she showed us looked pretty good, I just can't remember who it was or where the pics were posted at the moment >_<
ItzClavell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:34 PM #113
> PinkKimberly
Forever Light-ish Red

PinkKimberly
Forever Light-ish Red

I've got this website hiding in my favorites but I don't remember where I got the lead from. They don't carry my size, though. Might be able to help you.
http://www.japonista-sole.com/kawaii...bi/prod_9.html
PinkKimberly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 07:11 PM #114
> Shinken Red_452
Power Ranger

Shinken Red_452
Power Ranger

Darth Goofy wrote: View Post

I used compression shorts and it does the job. Also a cup can help too.
I was searching this topic for the best type of undergarments to wear, and so I have a question are the ones you've worn "ventilated" (going by this listing here)? I don't want to add on something that will make me any warmer than need be.

All in all, I just want to wear the suit and not worry about any "big one" mishaps.
Shinken Red_452 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 07:32 PM #115
> ItzClavell
Miami's White Ranger

ItzClavell
Miami's White Ranger

those are the compression shorts I use. I have them in different colors
ItzClavell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 07:47 PM #116
> Darth Goofy
Ranger from the Dark Side

Darth Goofy
Ranger from the Dark Side

Shinken Red_452 wrote: View Post

I was searching this topic for the best type of undergarments to wear, and so I have a question are the ones you've worn "ventilated" (going by this listing here)? I don't want to add on something that will make me any warmer than need be.

All in all, I just want to wear the suit and not worry about any "big one" mishaps.
I used Franklin the ones for baseball and I don't remember having problems with heat in that area. Those under armor ones are pretty good too as ItzClavell mention having them in different colors Thing is under armor have two types, the ones for hot weather and the ones for cold. If I'm not wrong you should use the hot weather ones since they take the heat out, the cold weather ones tend to bring heat in. Correct me in this Itz.
Darth Goofy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2012, 11:46 PM #117
> kikcer2
Power Ranger

kikcer2
Power Ranger

hows it going guys, im posting this here because i am not sure if a thread is needed for the question. currently working out for a black MMPR cosplay and saving money, but im really wanting to do a Lunar wolf cosplay also and my Gf is going to do a princess shayla, only issue is, i cannot locate anyone who does make a lunar wolf helmet, am i going to have to go thru the grueling sculpting and molding process myself? the costume itself is no issue, plan on sewing it myself (depending on how difficult it is, i may start making them also) if anyone can point me in the direction for a lunar wolf helmet that would be awesome. a Kit is prefered, i am able to paint no problem. also is anyone producing the black MMPR currently? (again prefer kits)

TL; dr

where can i get a lunar wolf helmet and/or a Black MMPR helmet (kit or complete) id prefer kit.
kikcer2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:33 AM #118
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

kikcer2 wrote: View Post

hows it going guys, im posting this here because i am not sure if a thread is needed for the question. currently working out for a black MMPR cosplay and saving money, but im really wanting to do a Lunar wolf cosplay also and my Gf is going to do a princess shayla, only issue is, i cannot locate anyone who does make a lunar wolf helmet, am i going to have to go thru the grueling sculpting and molding process myself? the costume itself is no issue, plan on sewing it myself (depending on how difficult it is, i may start making them also) if anyone can point me in the direction for a lunar wolf helmet that would be awesome. a Kit is prefered, i am able to paint no problem. also is anyone producing the black MMPR currently? (again prefer kits)

TL; dr

where can i get a lunar wolf helmet and/or a Black MMPR helmet (kit or complete) id prefer kit.
pretty sure aniki does both, but not as kits.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 07:54 AM #119
> Redlunarwolf
Evil Titanium Ranger

Redlunarwolf
Evil Titanium Ranger

Aniki made this helmet. I know WR5 was working on a GaoSilver, but due to his health issues I don't think it's too far along.

Aniki doesn't sell kits due to him not wanting people to recast and such. I think his mind set is if they pay full price for a helmet they are less likely to destroy it for a mold.
Redlunarwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 08:23 AM #120
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

Redlunarwolf wrote: View Post

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../GaoSilver.jpg

Aniki made this helmet. I know WR5 was working on a GaoSilver, but due to his health issues I don't think it's too far along.

Aniki doesn't sell kits due to him not wanting people to recast and such. I think his mind set is if they pay full price for a helmet they are less likely to destroy it for a mold.
I just figured he did it to bring in more $$$ and not tarnish his name. Case in point, if you get a kit from eric and finish it yourself, you are still going to say you got it from Eric0101, so if it looks like crap, others may think "nah i'll go elsewhere" not realizing that you had did the painting yourself.

Not selling kits to stop people from recasting, if that is his reason, is a poor reason, IMO, to not sell them.

If someone is wanting to recast a helmet to make multiple copies, it is not going to concern them if they have to pay an extra 200, all that boils down to is one or two more kits they will have to sell of the recast before they are making profit on each cast.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote