Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old October 1st, 2017, 11:18 AM   #3941
JP317
VIP Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoMystechRanger View Post
Man, I gotta get on this SAO thing.

My new go-to question: Is it on Crunchyroll?
Yep, both seasons. The first is one of those few Crunchyroll shows that have the dub too, if you want to watch it that way
JP317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 11:18 AM   #3942
tasti man LH
Believe a Man can Fly

Quote:

Yes. Both seasons and that weird swimsuit/clip show “Extra Edition”.
tasti man LH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 11:36 AM   #3943
Dragonwolf Ranger
Waterbending Master

Thought I'd ask anime fans here what are their thoughts on what tvtropes calls The Noblewoman's Laugh? You know usually when a haughty woman has her hand, limp wrist, or a fan by her mouth and laughs, "OH, HOHOHOHOHOHO!" Sometimes some men do it, and the article mentions someone in a Kamen Rider series doing it as well. Myself, like hearing it at times, and get surprised when at times the dub actor does it better than the Japanese actor. Found a youtube channel that shows examples:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNC...m3aYY-iMnRjDAA
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 12:38 PM   #3944
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwolf Ranger View Post
Thought I'd ask anime fans here what are their thoughts on what tvtropes calls The Noblewoman's Laugh?
It wouldn't be anime without one.

My gold standard is Giselle from Pokémon.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 02:01 PM   #3945
BlueSenshi
Raptor 283 <3

Quote:

Yuppo! although the series part way through get's tiring and not to mention what they've done to the main female heroine in the second arc was disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwolf Ranger View Post
Thought I'd ask anime fans here what are their thoughts on what tvtropes calls The Noblewoman's Laugh? You know usually when a haughty woman has her hand, limp wrist, or a fan by her mouth and laughs, "OH, HOHOHOHOHOHO!" Sometimes some men do it, and the article mentions someone in a Kamen Rider series doing it as well. Myself, like hearing it at times, and get surprised when at times the dub actor does it better than the Japanese actor. Found a youtube channel that shows examples:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNC...m3aYY-iMnRjDAA
I love that trope. Just thinking of it made me laugh. Although I also love the masochist trope (as seen through Darkness and that iconic cabbage scene)
BlueSenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 02:31 PM   #3946
Olorin Ranger
Uchikata Hajime

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...r-2018/.122108

Jumps for joy

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dail...-index/.122113

Runs away screaming in happiness for season 3 of Railgun. I know it does not say it directly, but is seems more likely.

Last edited by Olorin Ranger; October 2nd, 2017 at 01:14 PM.
Olorin Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 03:55 PM   #3947
Alitain
God of Benevolence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin Ranger View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...r-2018/.122108

Jumps for joy

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dail...-index/.122113

Runs away screaming for season 3 of Railgun. I know it does not say it directly, but is seems more likely.
Do you not like Railgun? I've found both shows entertaining, though I've only watched S1 of Railgun but hoping to get S2 soon. I'm happy for S3 of Index though since S2 ended right before things seemed to ramp up, so yeah that's cool.
Alitain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 07:08 PM   #3948
Dragonwolf Ranger
Waterbending Master

I need to finish Railgun season 1, then get onto seasons 2 of both series, then the movie.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 01:11 PM   #3949
Olorin Ranger
Uchikata Hajime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alitain View Post
Do you not like Railgun? I've found both shows entertaining, though I've only watched S1 of Railgun but hoping to get S2 soon. I'm happy for S3 of Index though since S2 ended right before things seemed to ramp up, so yeah that's cool.

I love railgun, as much as index. Big Misaka, clones and Last Order fan. Hence the new Avatar with Misaka and Touma.

I fixed my 1st statement.
Olorin Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 08:30 AM   #3950
kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

So, a new anime season is upon us!

From the shows I've watched so far....

Black Clover: Great premise, lots of potential, pretty good animation, WAY too close to being a Naruto copy for my taste. We have the world where everyone has their own unique magic/Jutsu, the loud, obnoxious main character with no skill, but a secret, dark hidden power, the cool rival that excels at everything and all the ladies like... But there's time for it to go off an do its own thing. Still, I really liked it.

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War: Hey, a show with warriors representing the Chinese Zodiac in a battle or tournament for the ultimate prize. Fun Shonen times, right? LOLNOPE. This show is dark and bloody, with AMAZING animation to back it up. First episode had a stellar twist at the end I didn't see coming at all. This is not a children's show, but I'm really intrigued and interested.

Love is a Cocktail: Cute shortform anime about a girl who goes from uptight to adorable when drunk (and is embarrassed about it), and how it helps a married couple. At each episode clocking in at 3 minutes I can't make much of a judgement yet, but I liked the first ep!

Sengoku Night Blood: A normal modern girl gets transported back to the Sengoku era... But everyone's super hot bishi vampires and werewolves! I'm SO not the target audience for this, and I don't think I'll wind up seeing this to completion, but I didn't hate it. I'll give it a few more eps. Also, Oda Nobunaga looks like he walked right out of Castlevania.

Shows I want to check out: The Ancient Magus' Bride, Konohana Kitan, Infini-T Force

ALSO, New Game and My Hero Academia are both over for now, and have mangas still ongoing. One took the shonen world by storm (and deserves every bit of praise it gets), and the other is super funny, adorable, and full of waifus who make video games, yet appears to be criminally underrated. Seriously, Check out New Game for a great time.

EDIT: Just finished ep 1 of Infini-T Force. OH MY GOD THAT WAS AMAZING. It was animated tokusatsu, and it was BRILLIANT.

Last edited by kainhighwind2; October 5th, 2017 at 02:10 PM.
kainhighwind2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2017, 01:54 PM   #3951
Virus
Power Ranger

Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 05:35 AM   #3952
QueenBee9
Power Ranger

Land of The Lustrous

So when the manga version came out for Land of the Lustrous, I was less than impressed. One of the key things in the story is that each character is a different gemstone and therefore a different color. It did not translate well to manga form for this reason, at least for me. But the anime is quite frankly one of the most visually stunning I have seen in quite sometime. The style of animation is really well drawn, the characters look like they have actual gem hair, and all in all looks great. Just wanted to know who else has seen / read it and what you thought.
QueenBee9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 09:49 AM   #3953
SuperStar
Power Ranger

~We are the crystal gems~
SuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 03:10 PM   #3954
⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Blue Sky

I've been watching it - though not on the day of, Saturday has too much airing - and I'm really liking what I see. Of all the shows this season, it's one of the strongest in terms of worldbuilding. And the Steven Universe-esque elements are nice, too. Plus the atmosphere of the world is relaxing, giant monsters aside.
GreenNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 06:20 PM   #3955
QueenBee9
Power Ranger

so looking forward to the DVD release.
QueenBee9 is online now   Reply With Quote