Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2019, 03:00 PM #501
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,768
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,768



AkaGreenPrimo wrote: View Post

They're not insulting the service, they just don't care about the service, they care about a specific series. They're entitled to their opinion.
I never said they're insulting the service. All I said is that I'm not happy with that some people only use the service for one specific show and then cancel a subscription for such after said show is cancelled and that IMO, there's still other good stuff there that could interest them.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 04:42 PM #502
AkaGreen's Avatar
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,638
AkaGreen
JusticeForK
AkaGreen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,638



AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

They could try finding a show on the service that would interest them.
If there was more stuff on the service that was interesting to them, they probably wouldn't be cancelling it. It's up the the person. There's nothing wrong with cancelling a service if it doesn't interest you anymore. You don't have to pay for something you don't want.
AkaGreen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old February 18th, 2019, 05:23 PM #503
Poweranimals's Avatar
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 35,591
Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!
Poweranimals's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 35,591



AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

That being said, have you considered subscribing to Hulu, given that there's a good chance that the shows could move there?
You assume I haven't already.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 07:20 PM #504
sylarking's Avatar
> sylarking
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,430
sylarking
Power Ranger
sylarking's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,430



AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

I never said they're insulting the service. All I said is that I'm not happy with that some people only use the service for one specific show and then cancel a subscription for such after said show is cancelled and that IMO, there's still other good stuff there that could interest them.
It does not matter its not the end of the world if someone cancel netflix. its their money none of your business.
sylarking is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 08:50 PM #505
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,848
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,848



AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

I never said they're insulting the service. All I said is that I'm not happy with that some people only use the service for one specific show and then cancel a subscription for such after said show is cancelled and that IMO, there's still other good stuff there that could interest them.
What's it matter to you though? Regardless of if someone is only watching one show, or 50, they're still paying for the time. That's why I don't sub Netflix constantly, but just do it once or twice a year generally for a month at a time. Binge the shows I like and keep up on, then watch whatever else tickles my fancy if I have time. And once the time is up, then that's it. For some people the only thing they care about is maybe one particular show. Just happens that it's on a streaming service so they have to pay to watch it; they then pay, and there ya go. Show gets cancelled, no reason to watch.

Last year I was going to sub Hulu for a month just to watch Runaways(after S1 finished). That was my only purpose, though thankfully I got a free trial anyways. Mind, I figured I'd find other things on there to watch but I was going in with the express interest of just that show. I never bothered with Hulu before that. And I'll sub again this year some time to watch S2, though there's one other show I think on there I'll watch, otherwise fill the time with random anime or whatever. But again, the main reason is really just for one show. Without that show I'm probably not too likely to consider subbing Hulu right now. Nothing against Hulu, there's stuff there for sure, but just not enough for me. Just how it goes. Same with Netflix for some people.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 09:17 PM #506
sylarking's Avatar
> sylarking
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,430
sylarking
Power Ranger
sylarking's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,430



I miss hulu when is free.
sylarking is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 09:21 PM #507
christopherjohn's Avatar
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,131
christopherjohn
VIP Rider
christopherjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,131



sylarking wrote: View Post

I miss hulu when is free.
Even when it was free there was still content you couldn't access without a paid account.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 09:27 PM #508
sylarking's Avatar
> sylarking
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,430
sylarking
Power Ranger
sylarking's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,430



christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Even when it was free there was still content you couldn't access without a paid account.
I could live with that.
sylarking is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2019, 12:37 AM #509
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,768
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,768



AkaGreen wrote: View Post

If there was more stuff on the service that was interesting to them, they probably wouldn't be cancelling it. It's up the the person. There's nothing wrong with cancelling a service if it doesn't interest you anymore. You don't have to pay for something you don't want.
Poweranimals wrote: View Post

You assume I haven't already.
Alitain wrote: View Post

What's it matter to you though? Regardless of if someone is only watching one show, or 50, they're still paying for the time. That's why I don't sub Netflix constantly, but just do it once or twice a year generally for a month at a time. Binge the shows I like and keep up on, then watch whatever else tickles my fancy if I have time. And once the time is up, then that's it. For some people the only thing they care about is maybe one particular show. Just happens that it's on a streaming service so they have to pay to watch it; they then pay, and there ya go. Show gets cancelled, no reason to watch.

Last year I was going to sub Hulu for a month just to watch Runaways (after S1 finished). That was my only purpose, though thankfully I got a free trial anyways. Mind, I figured I'd find other things on there to watch but I was going in with the express interest of just that show. I never bothered with Hulu before that. And I'll sub again this year some time to watch S2, though there's one other show I think on there I'll watch, otherwise fill the time with random anime or whatever. But again, the main reason is really just for one show. Without that show I'm probably not too likely to consider subbing Hulu right now. Nothing against Hulu, there's stuff there for sure, but just not enough for me. Just how it goes. Same with Netflix for some people.
sylarking wrote: View Post

It does not matter its not the end of the world if someone cancel netflix. its their money none of your business.
Okay, I apologise but have you tried doing the same when it came to subscribing to Amazon Prime Video for one show only and cancelling it after that since you guys only mentioned Netflix and Hulu?
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2019, 09:23 AM #510
Cammy's Avatar
> Cammy
This cage demeans us both
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,150
Cammy
This cage demeans us both
Cammy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,150



AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Okay, I apologise but have you tried doing the same when it came to subscribing to Amazon Prime Video for one show only and cancelling it after that since you guys only mentioned Netflix and Hulu?
People do this with SiriusXM which is more expensive and that really surprises me so i'm used to mentality like this. Nobody is in the wrong here and this argument is getting out of hand. Let everyone do as they please. It's their money, not yours.
Cammy is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2019, 11:30 AM #511
Dexter1998's Avatar
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,397
Dexter1998
SasoriOrange
Dexter1998's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,397



Friends from College has been cancelled after season 2 by Netflix.

https://netflixlife.com/2019/02/19/n..._medium=social
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2019, 12:05 PM #512
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,517
AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,517



AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Okay, I apologise but have you tried doing the same when it came to subscribing to Amazon Prime Video for one show only and cancelling it after that since you guys only mentioned Netflix and Hulu?
Not Prime Video itself, but some of the channels, yes. But in my defense, my funds are limited with medical bills and stuff so while I might be willing to put that few dollars toward a sub for some shows one month, I might want to sub to a different channel or use those funds on some other distraction (like an MMO sub or something) the next month.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2019, 05:00 AM #513
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,954
eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,954
eBay



SyFy has cancelled George R.R. Martin's Nightflyers after one season.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...023806406.html
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2019, 05:23 AM #514
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,768
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,768



The Man in the High Castle to end with season 4.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/man-in-...eo-1202559680/
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2019, 05:57 AM #515
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,848
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,848



AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Okay, I apologise but have you tried doing the same when it came to subscribing to Amazon Prime Video for one show only and cancelling it after that since you guys only mentioned Netflix and Hulu?
Why does it matter whether it's Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, or whatever streaming service? But for the record no, I've never subbed for Prime Video. You can actually do that separately than just paying for a whole prime account? Anyways, since I don't have experience with it is there a reason why you bring that up? Cause my point is there's no problem in just paying for a streaming service for whatever content you want. Whether you sub monthly, or just sub occasionally and binge. Either way, the point of streaming services is to pay for content you want. If the content isn't there, then there's no point in paying and unlike regular cable which you're generally stuck with under contract, you can just ditch a streaming service whenever.

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

Friends from College has been cancelled after season 2 by Netflix.

https://netflixlife.com/2019/02/19/n..._medium=social
I was wondering if S2 was actually gonna happen. I liked the first season, but it didn't wow me. Entertaining enough I'd watch S2, but also not heartbroken over it being canned.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2019, 06:18 AM #516
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,768
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,768



Alitain wrote: View Post

Why does it matter whether it's Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, or whatever streaming service? But for the record no, I've never subbed for Prime Video. You can actually do that separately than just paying for a whole prime account? Anyways, since I don't have experience with it is there a reason why you bring that up? Cause my point is there's no problem in just paying for a streaming service for whatever content you want. Whether you sub monthly, or just sub occasionally and binge. Either way, the point of streaming services is to pay for content you want. If the content isn't there, then there's no point in paying and unlike regular cable which you're generally stuck with under contract, you can just ditch a streaming service whenever.
Honestly, I've moved on from the argument after posting my last comment relating to it yesterday as I feel that I went too far on this.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2019, 06:29 PM #517
FlashmanX's Avatar
> FlashmanX
Prism Flash
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,819
FlashmanX
Prism Flash
FlashmanX's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,819



GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

SyFy has cancelled George R.R. Martin's Nightflyers after one season.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...023806406.html
was it good? Did it have an ending? could you follow it?
FlashmanX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2019, 06:58 AM #518
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,063
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,063



According to this site, Steven Universe will continue with new episodes, while Avengers Assembled is said to be wrapping up. Marvel's Spider-Man won't be getting a third season, but will instead continue with specials. Scroll down to the comments section and you'll also find information OK KO is ending.

https://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.bl...nd-town-4.html

Last edited by Cameron Samurai; February 21st, 2019 at 07:07 AM.
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2019, 07:07 AM #519
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,768
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,768



FlashmanX wrote: View Post

Was it good? Did it have an ending? Could you follow it?
You haven't seen it yet?

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

According to this site, Steven Universe will continue with new episodes, while Avengers Assembled is said to be wrapping up. Marvel's Spider-Man won't be getting a third season, but will instead continue with specials

https://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.bl...nd-town-4.html
Honestly, I rather take this with a grain of salt until there's an official confirmation.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2019, 09:22 AM #520
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,063
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,063



Despite recent events involving Jussie Smollet, Empire will resume it's fifth season on March 13th, however, the final two episodes of the season will omit Smollet's character

https://tvline.com/2019/02/22/jussie...amal-season-5/
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:25 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.