Menu

Old September 2nd, 2018, 11:04 PM #1
> IMTIRED
Power Ranger fan on Kauai

IMTIRED

IMTIRED Watches: Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue

Aloha from Hawaii RangerBoard!

I'm a longtime member here with a pretty lowkey presence on the forum. I've started posting and participating a bit more in recent months--particularly enjoying partaking in the "Power Rangers Of The Past" discussions, since I'm always watching through the series in chronological order and often reliving past eras of the franchise.

I found that by somewhat reviewing each episode in a thread, I actually payed them better attention. I was really enjoying posting while watching episodes from Zeo-in Space, but my self-conscious nature made me concerned I was over-doing it, in a thread meant to encompass all seasons past. And then I'd feel bad constantly bringing the thread back to my own current viewing. So I stopped, hoping to do so before anyone complained.

Now since I have finished In Space, I'd like to try posting thoughts and having a discussion about Lost Galaxy at my own pace, in my own thread--which you are currently existing in if you're reading this. I felt like I didn't connect as well with the 2nd half of In Space after I stopped posting and discussing it daily in the "Power Rangers of The Past" thread and like it was a shame since I likely won't make my way back around to it for another 2 years or so (seems to be about how long I take to get through the series).

I hope there's an interest in my thoughts/thread and that other Lost Galaxy fans will join in and give their 2 cents as I give my version of a response to each episode here. I actually do have somewhat of a viewing schedule--but I also have a life, so it isn't set in stone/too rigid. But in general, I watch 2 episodes per night of Power Rangers on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays & Sundays--in case you're interested in keeping a similar pace OR just want to know how often to expect me to post. Occasionally I'll only watch one episode a night, rather than 2.

If the thread totally bombs, I'll let it go, and either just remerge my viewing thoughts/experiences back into the "Power Rangers of The Past" thread or just you know--keep 'em to my bad self.

Tonight we begin the journey to the Lost Galaxy (or you know--Mirinoi).

Up Next: Quasar Quest Part 1.

EDIT: UPDATE 2/1/2019

I'm going to switch the Thread title to Lightspeed Rescue and journey forward sharing. Thanks!

If you're just joining us, Lightspeed Rescue discussion will begin on Page 14.

Last edited by IMTIRED; February 1st, 2019 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Series Change
IMTIRED is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 12:39 AM #2
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

IMTIRED wrote: View Post

I found that by somewhat reviewing each episode in a thread, I actually payed them better attention. I was really enjoying posting while watching episodes from Zeo-in Space, but my self-conscious nature made me concerned I was over-doing it, in a thread meant to encompass all seasons past. And then I'd feel bad constantly bringing the thread back to my own current viewing. So I stopped, hoping to do so before anyone complained.
I liked reading your observations and was disappointed when they stopped. So I'd complain about you stopping!
big smile is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 3rd, 2018, 01:09 AM #3
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

Quasar Quest Part 1

Before I start the episode, I thought I'd share what I can recall of my initial feelings when Power Rangers Lost Galaxy premiered. I was in 8th grade at the time and my love for Power Rangers was deep in the closet--shared with just one friend leftover from elementary school (who incidentally is now a successful writer and was even linked to an early draft of the Lionsgate Power Rangers Film script). An awkward age where hormones are beginning to stir, but I was still pretty much just a larger child. TV access was scarce because my privileges had been revoked in hopes I'd be forced to do my homework. One way or another, I had access to the TV in my parents room for the premiere, which I taped on VHS.

I remember being really blown away by the glimpse of the Zords in the opening credits. CGI was a developing art form and the novelty had not yet worn off. In general, the production values really blew me away. I remember looking at a Fox Kids Magazine that had a detailed overview of Terra Venture and being so impressed by the scale of the universe they had created. I recognized some scenes as being shot at the Getty Center. I was very, very put off by the series re-start. I had come to love our In Space cast, had a crush on Ashley (and kind of Zhane without knowing it) and I was confused by them being gone. Basically I took an instant dislike to everybody introduced in the premiere except Maya (who I thought was sexy). But I was really excited to share the episode with my friend since it looked so much more sci-fi (his interest) than it ever had before. And of course, I replayed the theme song a million times.

Now, nearly 20 years later, I begin the episode again.

It instantly looks considerably upgraded from Power Rangers in Space. The Universe looks pretty.

Ah the Quasar Sabers. I remember being annoyed by them since I was very familiar with "The Sword In The Stone". And assuming Furio was the main villain.

The first scene is a great setup. We establish Maya lives in a tribal colony on a distant planet. It's clear the sabers aren't just ready to give it up to just anyone and haven't been for a considerably long time. The villains are obviously villainous. I am thoroughly prepared to rock out to the theme song now.

Phew. That rocked. Spoilers aplenty. CGI zords, check. Kendrix looks so darn cute. Again, I recall being shocked when I saw Bulk credited sans Skull. Now it feels pretty unimportant since the characters were barely relevant the last time we saw them anyway.

Terra Venture is impressively executed. I don't know if they've ever done better CGI since then. Kendrix is quickly established as the upbeat nerd. We take in a lot of information relevant to the plot in a short matter of time. Mike is told by Commander Stanton to take his last look at Earth-so I see they set up from the beginning that this was really a one way journey.

I can kind of see why I didn't care for Leo right off the bat. He just seems a bit insolent. I also remember (guess I was just a total goodie-goodie) being put off by the fact that he was trying to sneak onboard. And being shocked by the gang trying to jump the older lady.

I'm remembering a lot that's making me go "hmm" at myself. Like making fun of Leo for his velvety shirt and calling him "gay". Only a few years later I'd be touching myself to him removing his shirt so yeah.

Leo is a really good guy, right off the bat. That was absolutely heroic standing up for the woman against a gang. And he's extremely handsome.

It's actually a super original plot point for Power Rangers at the time to have the flawed hero bad boy with a good heart. This is even more ambitious than Andros' emotional pain--though unfortunately lacks any relatable payoff if I recall correctly.

Leo gazing out the window at Terra Venture in amazement as a little girl watches (with whimsical classical music playing) is really another memorable Power Rangers moment. This is a beautifully executed premiere episode.

Aaaand goodbye Skull. 1993-1999. We salute you.

Leo passing Bulk & Prof Phenomenous crying is pretty funny.

Pretty sure the airport or whatever is the Getty Center.

Kendrix is a lot prettier than I remembered. Not that it's a surprise or anything--Power Rangers are-on the whole--stunning.

I used to find this whole Starship Troopers...I mean moon training exercise thing really confusing but watching it now, it is fairly cut and dry. The whole "can breathe in Space" thing in Power Rangers can be jarring at times.

What a shock it would be to suddenly see your brother, on the moon. Mike keeps his cool fairly well and the actor pulls it off like he's being professional rather than totally lacking emotion.

These are the first fully out of high school Rangers. I think that actually was jarring back in the day too as I was finally entering high school myself, but I find it extremely appealing as an adult now to have protagonists with careers and more developed issues. It's absolutely setting up to feel like a more mature or "family friendly" series.

It's a pretty exciting moment when Maya pops through the wormhole and our two stories finally merge.

We get a good look at the Stingwingers and they are an original and intimidating new "putty". An example of the costume team clearly pushing themselves. They mastered the armored look and decided to tackle the organic and it totally works and the Stingwingers absolutely have more character than possibly any "putty" since the Cogs (since in spite of what the song might say, I didn't find the Piranhadrons particularly "wacky" at all).

Thank goodness for the universal language of English.

Really that's a fantastic premiere episode. It felt cinematic. I'd say I'd love to see Lost Galaxy be turned into a film but really--the premiere at least--is already perfect.

I'd say having 0 morphed footage is a risk. Even as a 13 year old in '99, I was definitely clamoring for it. But I think the episode was so strong I didn't even notice at the time. The fact that the story took president over rushing to introduce a bunch of toys means it is timelessly enjoyable. I do feel a bit sad for Damon not getting to make an appearance, but I think any more elements would have thrown things off.

If I recall correctly, the premiere didn't air together as a 2-parter, and seeing how it took me an hour to watch and react to this episode, I'm thinking I'll take that cue and also make this my sole episode for tonight. I've written FAR MORE than I ever intended but I'm sure I'll find a groove and streamline with time. A lot happens in episode 1.

I hope my feedback is worthy of it's own thread and I'm very open to feedback positive or negative and I'd enjoy hearing about your own memories of the Lost Galaxy premiere in '99 and how much you do/do not enjoy "Quasar Quest" and why.

Mahalo & Goodnight.

IMTIRED

big smile wrote: View Post

I liked reading your observations and was disappointed when they stopped. So I'd complain about you stopping!
Oh!. Well, I really appreciate that. Is a thread like this uncalled for then? I just felt the volume of posts was a bit much for that particular thread.
Old September 3rd, 2018, 07:46 AM #4
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

Ooh Iím starting Lost Galaxy today (or tomorrow I still have 4 more episodes of In Space left) so Iím excited to read your thoughts.

Were the zords cgi? I thought they still used toy models/puppets?

And yes Leo is one handsome dude
PineapplePizza is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 3rd, 2018, 10:06 AM #5
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

PineapplePizza wrote: View Post

Ooh Iím starting Lost Galaxy today (or tomorrow I still have 4 more episodes of In Space left) so Iím excited to read your thoughts.

Were the zords cgi? I thought they still used toy models/puppets?

And yes Leo is one handsome dude

Sweet, happy to have you on board! And I hope you enjoy the end of Power Rangers in Space. It's a shame I kind of zoned out once I stopped posting about the episodes.

The Zords weren't all-CGI, but they have a couple of different forms (animal form, Zord form) and at least our first glimpse of the Zords is just the CGI versions in the opening credits. From what I remember, they only had costumes of them in their animal forms, but they went through a transformation to a more Zord-like form and those existed only in CGI.
Old September 3rd, 2018, 11:39 AM #6
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

Hey, someone besides me respects Vortexx!

I'm remembering a lot that's making me go "hmm" at myself. Like making fun of Leo for his velvety shirt and calling him "gay". Only a few years later I'd be touching myself to him removing his shirt so yeah.
Well, there's a visual.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 11:48 AM #7
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

Every man is gay for Leo

Every woman is straight for Leo
Old September 3rd, 2018, 11:49 AM #8
> Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

Every man is gay for Leo

Well that explains why I never cared for Leo.
Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 11:51 AM #9
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

Judge Joker wrote: View Post

Well that explains why I never cared for Leo.
I just assumed you were an evil space alien warrior m seeking gold to revive your gold kaiju
Old September 3rd, 2018, 12:04 PM #10
> Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

Eh. Close enough.
Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 12:52 PM #11
> Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

Turbo's 2nd half and In Space brought me back into the franchise, but Lost Galaxy set up the pinnacle of my PR experience for several years to come. It actually felt like a universe-building, ambitious ongoing adventure. I cared if the characters were in danger. And the mythology behind the Quasar Sabers and the Lost Galaxy inspired my first novellas during High School. I remember being on the edge of my seat for much of the season, including the premiere, Redemption Day, Destined for Greatness and so many others.
Windgrail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 01:14 PM #12
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

Every man is gay for Leo

PREACH!!!!!!
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 02:21 PM #13
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

Hey, someone besides me respects Vortexx!

Well, there's a visual.
The Vortexx promo actually happened to come on my TV shows playlist that has over 1500 hours of stuff to view, on shuffle, right before I intended on starting "Quasar Quest"--so I felt like including it in my post. I never caught the Vortexx era--I haven't had any form of broadcast TV since 2012.

I did worry I was giving TMI on a forum that features members of all ages.

Windgrail wrote: View Post

Turbo's 2nd half and In Space brought me back into the franchise, but Lost Galaxy set up the pinnacle of my PR experience for several years to come. It actually felt like a universe-building, ambitious ongoing adventure. I cared if the characters were in danger. And the mythology behind the Quasar Sabers and the Lost Galaxy inspired my first novellas during High School. I remember being on the edge of my seat for much of the season, including the premiere, Redemption Day, Destined for Greatness and so many others.
Lost Galaxy is always a season I look forward to revisiting for these very reasons-it's just plain exciting. It had some actual surprises and WTF moments. The new PRU felt richer and more sophisticated post Zordon-wave.

I'm already dreading the come down to Lightspeed Rescue--a season I grew to love with time, but find really does feel like a step backwards story and production-wise in many ways. And aesthetically. Sort of the same thing happened to me watching Lupin Vs Pat after Kyuurangers. I just have a thing for outer space/galaxy themed stuff--it's a tough act to follow.
Old September 3rd, 2018, 07:50 PM #14
> Darkonda89
Power Ranger

Darkonda89
Power Ranger

Lost Galaxy is tied for my favorite season. I thought the premiere was good but the show started really getting good after the first 15 episodes (although there were some good moments in those episodes as well). I love the progression we see of Trakeena throughout the season. She becomes one of my all-time favorite villains from the series by the end of it. I don't want to spoil anything, but the finale is one of the best in the series (in my opinion). Enjoy the ride!

I'm already dreading the come down to Lightspeed Rescue--a season I grew to love with time, but find really does feel like a step backwards story and production-wise in many ways. And aesthetically. Sort of the same thing happened to me watching Lupin Vs Pat after Kyuurangers. I just have a thing for outer space/galaxy themed stuff--it's a tough act to follow.
I agree completely. Lightspeed Rescue looks to me like a great season on a re-watch but at the time it felt like a let down being sandwiched between In Space, Lost Galaxy, and then followed by Time Force .
Darkonda89 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2018, 12:58 AM #15
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

Darkonda89 wrote: View Post

Lost Galaxy is tied for my favorite season. I thought the premiere was good but the show started really getting good after the first 15 episodes (although there were some good moments in those episodes as well). I love the progression we see of Trakeena throughout the season. She becomes one of my all-time favorite villains from the series by the end of it. I don't want to spoil anything, but the finale is one of the best in the series (in my opinion). Enjoy the ride!

I agree completely. Lightspeed Rescue looks to me like a great season on a re-watch but at the time it felt like a let down being sandwiched between In Space, Lost Galaxy, and then followed by Time Force .
No need to worry too much about spoilers as I've obviously watched the season multiple times, though I do still try to "live in the moment" and watch with fresh eyes on these reviewings--particularly if I'm going to devote a thread to my LG episode thoughts.

I've spent the evening making croissant bread pudding with coffee-butterscotch sauce (contact me if you want a link to the recipe I followed) and my house smells delicious and it is still relatively early here in Hawaii so I think I will go ahead and treat myself to an unscheduled " Quasar Quest Part 2

The brief opening scene of Kai looking contemplative while departing for the moon mission sans Kendrix is impressively effective.

A little odd Mike & Kendrix aren't shown remarking about the planet they've found themselves on--but I suppose some time is meant to have passed since they went through the wormhole, so it's fair enough their conversation has moved on to discussing Mike never previously mentioning to Kendrix that he had a brother.

The space helicopter army vehicle thingies are pretty sweet.

Archie Kao really is a good actor. And how iconic is his turnaround shot in the beginning of the (rocktastic) opening sequence? I also consider Kai to be a really uniquely real character in franchise. I can't really peg him as any Ranger team member stereotype. Kai is a complex and interesting character. I'd LOVE a Los tGalaxy 20 years later special in 2019. There's a lot of intrigue for me as to who the characters would have grown into and how society has evolved in Mirinoi. If any PR series had a good setup for a second season it is absolutely PRLG.

Uh yeah--Kai is awesome. Going rogue to save his friends after clearly being established as the rule-follower. His character really gets to shine in the premiere.

Damon was my favorite as a kid, but I find him a bit bland now. It may just be that the actor has loosened up and fallen into the character quite yet. The Megaship take-off scene is totally iconic as well--and the little girl holding the toy is the cherry on top. There's just no fat to trim here. Every second is telling the story or embellishing on this more-grandious, Angel Grove-free era.

Maya just leapt like she was already a superhero. Damn girl. Why did it JUST click that Maya and her tribe are there to help connect the Gingaman woodsyness to the whole Galactic theme?

There's some really nice instrumental BG music during this fight between Furio + Stingwingers and Mike + future Power Rangers.

I still get this sense of excitement when Mike pulls the first saber from the stone--and feel torn knowing he does indeed lose it. I obviously like Leo but imagining Mike as the Red Ranger--like the story wants us to--is fun and comforting.

Is Furio from Megaranger?

OK the turn-to-stone FX are what they are.

Falling into a crack that suddenly opens in the Earth looks horrible, and I hope it never happens to me. Sadly, living in Hawaii--it might.

Mike just....let's go. That's weird. "Take me now Earth". And then Maya and Damon--who hardly knew him arethe ones to yell "Miiiike" in slow-mo. Odd.

Do we know if the Sabers would work in just any old hands? I like to think that the saber glowing red means it is accepting Leo as its rightful recipient from the jump.

I'm unsure how I feel about the morph. There are elements I like but also something feels lacking. I love the Gingaman costumes though--definitely some of my favorites.

Beautiful filming location.

If I were Leo, I'd want to kill Furio dead.

It's actually a pretty convincingly passionate and action-packed first morphed fight scene.

"Aye Aye Aye! Power Rangers" (enter helmetless Galaxy Rangers) gives me the chills.

Maya looks stunning in her costume with that hair.

Maya watching her planet turn to stone seems downplayed. Like it's hitting me she's essentially seeing what one could easily assume would be the extinction of her people and planet.

Traveling through wormholes is cool.

Maya's passionate monologue is somehow less convincing than Leo's stifled soap-opera stare.

Main-baddie Scorpius reveal! It's a blobular bug with...well...the less said about his mouth the better.

Spaceship CGI looked better in 1999 but really isn't terrible by any means.

It's an epic start to a series. The bar is set impossibly high now and it is no surprise they struggled with budget and maintaining such a standard. These episodes are some of the strongest in the franchise. We get to know a lot about the characters but we aren't force-fed or beat over the head in the process of doing so. That's good writing. It also feels like the staff were actively pursuing a challenge by going against the Sentai footage themes rather than bending to them. I've seen where things go from here, and I know it wasn't always effective, but the sheer passion and artistry in the fervent attempt isn't lost on me.
Old September 4th, 2018, 11:09 AM #16
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

I also consider Kai to be a really uniquely real character in franchise. I can't really peg him as any Ranger team member stereotype. Kai is a complex and interesting character.
Yeah, Kai was great. Rigid to a fault, but never unwilling to abandon his head for the good of his heart.

Maya just leapt like she was already a superhero. Damn girl. Why did it JUST click that Maya and her tribe are there to help connect the Gingaman woodsyness to the whole Galactic theme?
Because they rarely touched on it. Maya never really acted like one with nature, just talking to the Galactabeasts a lot.

There's some really nice instrumental BG music during this fight between Furio + Stingwingers and Mike + future Power Rangers.
Lost Galaxy was the absolute best work Lior Rosner and Inon Zur ever did. EXTREMELY unsung heroes of the franchise's background music.

I still get this sense of excitement when Mike pulls the first saber from the stone--and feel torn knowing he does indeed lose it. I obviously like Leo but imagining Mike as the Red Ranger--like the story wants us to--is fun and comforting.
He pretty much acted like the Red Ranger anyway once he came back.

Is Furio from Megaranger?
Yes, that was their main villain's monster form in the finale. Think green Trakeena or Master Org after swallowing the Org Heart.

Mike just....let's go. That's weird. "Take me now Earth". And then Maya and Damon--who hardly knew him arethe ones to yell "Miiiike" in slow-mo. Odd.
Having been on RangerBoard all these years, I figure by now every kid watching noticed both of those things even without us ever having communicated with each other back then.

Do we know if the Sabers would work in just any old hands? I like to think that the saber glowing red means it is accepting Leo as its rightful recipient from the jump.
You'll know the answer in exactly two more episodes.

I'm unsure how I feel about the morph. There are elements I like but also something feels lacking.
It's too short, that's what lacking.

Those are some of the prettiest morphs I've ever seen, and I love how they differ so greatly from each other. I wish they were big enough to use for computer desktops.

Maya looks stunning in her costume with that hair.
Indeed, Cerina's promotional glossy in the uniform is probably the best of all official Power Rangers 8x10s.
Old September 4th, 2018, 11:50 AM #17
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Who else considers Lg Part of the zordon era?

Yeah, Zordonís dead but LG still has strong ties to him. Lightspeed rescue was really the fresh start on the franchise.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 12:53 AM #18
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

[QUOTE=hasbro_primo;5637497]

Lost Galaxy was the absolute best work Lior Rosner and Inon Zur ever did. EXTREMELY unsung heroes of the franchise's background music.

He pretty much acted like the Red Ranger anyway once he came back.

Yes, that was their main villain's monster form in the finale. Think green Trakeena or Master Org after swallowing the Org Heart.

/QUOTE]

I guess I really appreciate music that sets/matches the tone of the series after recent years, when it seems like something else is playing entirely disconnected from the action in the sequence/flavor of the show.

And yeah I'm sure I was more cognizant of Furio being from Megaranger in the past, I just sort of forgot and saw him and thought he looked a lot like the main baddie.

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Who else considers Lg Part of the zordon era?

Yeah, Zordonís dead but LG still has strong ties to him. Lightspeed rescue was really the fresh start on the franchise.
I don't know--I guess it depends on definition of Zordon-era. If Zordon era means "powers created by and or bestowed by Zordon" then it isn't. But if Zordon-era just means any season still connected to the universe Zordon inhabited--then yes, it is. I think it's a bridge season-designed to ease us into the new more Sentai-like formula of changing the cast/synopsis every year--without totally alienating the fans who had grown up with the series. This theory could easily be thrown out if Lightspeed were ever intended to be a continuation of Lost Galaxy (which I believe some have speculated it was due to the cast having such a similar ethnic breakdown to the Lightspeed Rescue cast.

I had a long day--hiked 3 miles in significant humidity. Did my own Jungle thang. It'll be nice to sit down and sink my eyes into Race To The Rescue.

Did this episode originally air on a Saturday morning? I think I recall sneaking down into the maid's room to watch it.

I had to watch the opening scene twice. It's a little unclear (and not because they are trying to be mysterious) what is going on. The Stingwingers are hammering large pins affixed to chains affixed to the cages into the ground, but then it seems a chain is attached to the actual Galactabeast inside. Anyway it's clear the Stingwingers have some creatures in large containers, trapped, so I guess the scene accomplishes what it set out to.

Honestly my first instinct seeing Leo and Maya is "did we miss something?". I think the episode picking up more directly after the events of the premiere would have been more compelling. Seeing Maya's reaction to Terra Venture, and Leo's emotional state after the battle is really what I'm interested in at the moment. It look like Leo and Maya are already settled.

EPIC INTRO THEME

So Maya is beautiful and can hear special animals in pain across the galaxy? I'm down.

Her outfit really was a lot for my pre-pubescentness.

Kai was just giving me some Sky Tate vibes. "We have procedures!!!" But he's still the first.

Cerina Vincent's acting has come a long way over the years.

So Damon is the reluctant pushover up for adventure, I guess. I still find his character the least defined outside of "the mechanic". I never really cared for his focus episode later in the series with Karone either. I'd have liked to see him get to know Leo rather than having them suddenly as friends. One episode about them forging a friendship would have done a lot for both characters.

I never found this first monster of the day particularly memorable--but aesthetically, he's pretty cool. I was bracing for the Elvis monster.

Elvis has entered the building.

Brief Sentai footage of Leo's hand engaging the morpher is awkward.

It really is a pretty morph, as hasbro_primo stated. I just wish we knew more about these Powers.

Blue & Pink are my favorite helmets this season.

The Condor Galactabeast is epic and should have its own movie franchise.

Things like Galactabeasts are what make me love Power Rangers. They are such unique figures.

Cool lowkey Trakeena introduction. Already establishing her as an eavesdropper.

There was just a sweet little robot shown on Terra Venture.

Yes @ Terra Venture showing it has a defense team in place during this hostile alien encounter.

The monster is actually cool and funny. It took 20 years, but I'm over every monster not being serious and scary.

I enjoyed their battle with (insert Elvis Lobster Monster name here) particularly Leo jumping at the enlarged monster.

Uh...the pink Galactabeast looks totally, TOTALLY different in its 2nd appearance, in Sentai footage.

The lumbering Lion Galactabeast is really cute--reminds me of an old dog.

Leo's faithful dog wasting the monster was indeed incredible. After spaceships, and cars, these critters are a welcome breath of fresh air (or hot fire).

Trakeena established as the daughter of Scorpius from the get-go. Taking note.

The episode was really well-paced, but in the end, it definitely leaves me with this feeling of being slightly short-changed missing the Rangers move into Terra Venture. While I know episodes featuring their adjustments living together ARE to come, that doesn't take away from the slightly disappointed feeling of things feeling so hunky-dory and settled in after such a relatable premiere. It is probably the most unique and thorough Zord introduction episode ever.
Old September 5th, 2018, 01:16 AM #19
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

Race To The Rescue.

Did this episode originally air on a Saturday morning?
I'm pretty sure The Lost Galactabeasts was the first that didn't premiere on a Saturday morning.

Her outfit really was a lot for my pre-pubescentness.
Her outfit was a lot for my post-pubescentness.

The Condor Galactabeast is epic and should have its own movie franchise.
It does, Godzilla.

In Gingaman, that's a dragon. LOL
Old September 5th, 2018, 04:35 AM #20
> PR Master
Power Ranger

PR Master
Power Ranger

I love how Lost Galaxy is getting the love it deserves.
PR Master is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote