Home Menu

Menu

Old January 12th, 2016, 07:03 PM #1
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Headcanons and Theories

You know, I have seen alot of these threads talk about Headcanons and theories over different shows, books, comics. be it those that makes sense, or those stupid ones like the Angelica creepypasta.

This thread is more for a generalization, catch-all type of thread. Where they don't really fit into the topic of it's established thread (read as: you can't find a way to bring it up) or perhaps it's one of those theories you have, but you don't want to really create a new topic for it.

All theories of all different kinds are welcomed...please enjoy your coma.

Some simple ones.
-Merrick is currently dead, his immune system wasn't strong enough to fight the modern day of viruses.
-Also, Casey is dead. is now a kung fu master spirit.
-When Koda and Ivan de-bond from their energems, their age will instantly catch up to them, both turning into dust after saying "I don't want to go"

Last edited by Allio; January 12th, 2016 at 07:21 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 07:10 PM #2
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

Oh this should be fun. *evil laugh*

Allow me to start things off.

Phantom Ranger: Zordon's estranged son.
Zordon: In his youth, he was the leader of Eltar's team of Power Rangers (who also happened to be the first time of Rangers in existence) Rita also used to be a part of this theory as the first pink ranger but then I remembered she was born and raised into an evil family so that theory goes straight out the window.
BlueMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 07:23 PM #3
> GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

My headcanon is the Soap Opera we created in the Shipping Thread.

That is all.
GreenMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 07:35 PM #4
> TimeCrimson
Once upon a TimeCrimson..

TimeCrimson
Once upon a TimeCrimson..

-James Gaylyn is every character ever in Power Rangers

-Jen stays with Wes and Eric after "Reinforcements from the Future"

-Carter and Dana saw each other more than just friends

-Zordon was once a Power Ranger(BIG ONE!)
TimeCrimson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 07:38 PM #5
> Twisted-Alien
Power Ranger

Twisted-Alien
Power Ranger

Just so I'm perfectly clear, headcanons are just fanfiction that we try to justify it actually happening within the show itself, whether by a lack of conflicting evidence or things that can support it yet were never intended to in the first place.

Is that about right?
Twisted-Alien is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 07:44 PM #6
> Chiron723
Power Ranger

Chiron723
Power Ranger

Twisted David Frank wrote: View Post

Just so I'm perfectly clear, headcanons are just fanfiction that we try to justify it actually happening within the show itself, whether by a lack of conflicting evidence or things that can support it yet were never intended to in the first place.

Is that about right?
Pretty much. As long as it could happen and isn't contradicted by what's on screen, you're golden.
Chiron723 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 07:45 PM #7
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Chiron723 wrote: View Post

Pretty much. As long as it could happen and isn't contradicted by what's on screen, you're golden.
and even then, some people become deluded that their "head canon" is true canon

though I guess that would be more "fanon"
Allio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 07:53 PM #8
> dark ranger 86
I'm The Real Gold Ranger!

dark ranger 86
I'm The Real Gold Ranger!

I remember posting in another thread that after Forever Red the red rangers went to a bar and got drunk got on the Astro Megaship and went to Mirinoi beating up Alpha 6 and in panic put him in a box and dropped him of in Angel Grove. Now I want to add that Rocky became petty over the years of not getting the invite so told Adam what happened. Now Alpha gets his ass beat by Adam and his students in his dojo.
dark ranger 86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 08:07 PM #9
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

Until proven otherwise, I'm not even considering that a theory or headcanon. That is so perfect, it has to be real canon XD
BlueMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 11:59 PM #10
> hasbro_primo
Net Brutality

hasbro_primo
Net Brutality

I will forever stand by Tommy purposefully creating every problem he had a hand in come Dino Thunder so he'd have a reason to fight s'more.
hasbro_primo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 12:06 AM #11
> MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

Alex being resurrected via the time fluctuations caused immense defects within his mind and amplified his worst traits, thus making him the control freak he was.

Also, the Main PRU have their own version of RPM.
MerCurryMeme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 01:11 AM #12
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

GreenBeastFist wrote: View Post

My headcanon is the Soap Opera we created in the Shipping Thread.

That is all.
Everything in the Soap Opera in the Shipping Thread?

Twisted David Frank wrote: View Post

Is that about right?
I guess technically headcanon can include things which were heavily implied but not explicitly stated. Like Divatox being Dimitria's twin sister.

Primo David Frank wrote: View Post

I will forever stand by Tommy purposefully creating every problem he had a hand in come Dino Thunder so he'd have a reason to fight s'more.
Oh, yeah. That reminds me of the Tommy conspiracy - well, one of them. Those Sentai logos: just what were they for? Prelude to "New Powers"? Proof of his academic fraud due to his association with Liveman? Or some sinister plan involving puppets due to his association with Fiveman?
timegold is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 01:12 AM #13
> Terror Rangers
Power Ranger

Terror Rangers
Power Ranger

timecrimson wrote: View Post

-Zordon was once a Power Ranger(BIG ONE!)
More specifically:
Terror Rangers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 02:50 AM #14
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

Primo David Frank wrote: View Post

Yep. I've prescribed to this theory for years now, it is the only way Dino Thunder's backstory makes sense to me and makes Smitty into a far more tragic character.

The other one is that due to PR tech being all over the place, the 'Dimension Windows' that connect RPM to the main PR universe are in fact mistaken for rips in Time, a phenomena currently not understood by modern tech (until closer to the year 3,000). Hell, we still don't understand the ramifications of the Time Screw caused by Rito in Season 3!

So my theory goes one of 2 ways, maybe even both:
-RPM is part of the dystopic future that created the perfect society seen in Time Force.
-SPD is part of the same or it's own alternate timeline, its the only way the concept of the show taking place in 2025 makes any kind of sense. I think it is guaranteed that in a decade's time we will still have the same status quo on the show where

"Monsters and aliens don't exist. Yes, ignore that monster currently destroying the city and the many, many years of this shit going down!"

Thus when SPD travelled to the 'past' to meet Dino Thunder and vice versa they may in fact have gone into another dimension.

Or, because fuck these seasons:
-Samurai and Megaforce happen in an alt universe outside of the main PR timeline. Which explains everything wrong with Megaforce and just removes the insufferable Samurai cast. In Megaforce's timeline, the Super Modes were actually Battlizers and so many other inconsistencies that shat all over the franchise.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 03:58 AM #15
> Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

Hm. Headcanons, eh? James Gaylyn, James Gaylyn, Troyboknight. TREYboknight?

In all seriousness though:

- Zord is an ancient word in whatever language the Morphing Masters spoke, meaning "Giant" or "Big". This word passed down through the languages of the ancient races including that of the Eltarians. Zordon was a title that literally meant "Big One", and logically his Ranger suit would be Big One from JAKQ.

The word Zord being somewhat analogous to "Giant" rather than "Giant Robot" specifically, would also fit in with the current naming scheme in Dino Charge of the giant Vivix being known as Vivizords. If it was an ancient word, it makes perfect sense that Sledge and co. would use it in reference to any giant amalgam creature rather than the modern post-'93 PR parlance of it solely referring to the Power Rangers' Zords themselves.

- In the Legendary Battle, only the Rangers who were helmetless actually showed up in person. They couldn't get every former Ranger to come back in-universe, but instead the helmeted Rangers were constructs on the level of the Spirit Rangers. This explains any and all confusion about why certain suits are there, it explains why only some Rangers took their helmets off, and it explains why the wrong voices were occasionally coming from the wrong Rangers. It also fits in with Gosei apparently having every Ranger suit template.

- Doctor K clearly made some foray into temporal and spatial manipulation. The RPM Blue Ranger suit could temporarily slow down time, for instance. She also said in her confrontation with Truman: "If I could access the space-time continuum long enough to undo what I did, I would". Note the key words "long enough". She clearly knows how to access it, and it would just be a matter of time, progress, and energy to access it again.

However, I believe that due to Alphabet Soup's massive temporal-spatial experiments (and Ranger experiments), the RPM universe split off into a brand new branch of potential timelines depending on variables in how particular experiments played out. The version of RPM that we saw was a timeline where due to that timeline's Venjix annihilating most of humanity before the Rangers stepped in, to go back to the old Zedd/Zordon paradigm: he tipped the scales in the balance of the Morphing Grid to the side of overwhelming darkness. This ensured that hardly any new life grew on that particular Earth, but more importantly, as the balance of the Morphing Grid/Bio-Field was so out of whack that either the PRU or the overarching Multiverse, seeing such an overwhelming dark balance as an aberration, actually shunted the Power Rangers RPM TV timeline into it's on separate universe with it's own self-contained Morphing Grid/Bio-field - the RPM-U - albeit a universe whose base Grid balance is tipped towards darkness by default. This explains the relative crapsack world qualities of the RPM-U. Due to this timeline's new nature of being a new universal starting point rather than simply an alternate timeline, it remains almost completely inaccessible from the main PRU via any timeline jumping or things of that sort. I like the idea that when these separate universes' individual Grid Balances are around the same level, travel between those universes via wormholes/temporal manipulation/the Morphing Grid is exponentially easier, so if hypothetically there were some third universe out there, which also had a default universal Grid Balance of "inherently shit", someone could feasibly travel from that universe to the RPM-U somehow, but why would they WANT to? They'd be trading one crapsack world for another. This inter-universal balance mildly ensures that people don't run from their fights and fight for a better world, thus ensuring the self-preservation of the Morphing Grid by keeping it in balance.

As for the other timelines, we know of one where events didn't play out to the same degree as the RPM-U and instead seemed to become an odd F-Zero-esque world. I can only presume that Alphabet Soup were involved, although whether the F-Zero World was part of Venjix's design, or whether it was part of Alphabet Soup's pre-existing Zord Bay structure, I don't know. This ensured that when it came to Megaforce accessing their ridiculous version of Corinth, the Megaforce Rangers were instead accessing one of the alternate RPM timelines rather than the sequestered RPM-U.

Due to the alternate "Clash" RPM timeline not being shunted off into a separate universe, this was a timeline where this Doctor K (or an analogous character) COULD access the timeline long enough to undo the Venjix massacre - except it hasn't quite played out that way, and who knows whether Marcus even survived and what K's relationship with Truman would be, so the point is moot, as there'd be no desire to undo the Venjix massacre or Marcus's death specifically. However, this timeline's K (or analogous character) instead perhaps used her temporal knowledge to construct an inter-dimensional, inter-spatial, inter-temporal subway system using the abandoned old parts of that Earth's previous pre-F-Zero civilization. This subway system is what that version of Scott used to travel to the Samurai/Megaforce TV timelines.

To leave my headcanons on a happy note so RPM isn't completely cut off: As the RPM-U's Venjix was defeated and the Grid Balance began to be restored (which was shown visually by the Earth growing new life in RPM's finale), eventually the original PRU became accessible as an alternate universe (since their Grid Balances were similarly balanced and thus travel was possible), and just for the sake of shits and giggles, let's say that somewhere down the line RPM-U's Doctor K met the version of K (or her analogue) from the RPM timeline depicted in Clash and Megaforce, the one who built the inter-spatial, inter-dimensional, inter-temporal, and inter-universal subway train. BAM. Wacky hijinx ensue.

And since we're not getting Go-Buster or ToQger adaptations, we can say they only existed in the RPM-U. Go-Buster could be a hypothetical RPM season 2, and a hypothetical ToQger adaptation could take place after K and alternate-K's meeting.

Realising the need to protect the interdimensional train-lines from enemies, they recruit people to become the ToQger analogues. Maybe some of them could be newly introduced former members of alternate K's RPM team. You know, the team that told Emily to say "hi" to alt-Scott. Maybe some of them could also be former actual RPMs or just new people.

But now it's branching off more into "hypothetical seasons" than headcanons so I'll stop ranting here.

Last edited by Prototype; January 13th, 2016 at 04:06 AM.
Prototype is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 04:16 PM #16
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Megaforce was just a bad fanfic that 13 year old Troy wrote
Virus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 04:35 PM #17
> CLCN1111
Power Ranger

CLCN1111
Power Ranger

In Space:

I have a theory that Zhane had stolen a girl from Andros previously based on how paranoid Andros got when Zhane and Ashley were hanging out.

Time Force:

Eric and Wes had a thing when they were in prep school and Katie has an unrequited love for Trip.

RPM:

Dr.K didn't always have a crush on Ziggy. She hated him at first but grew to like him over time.

These are my only theories that I've never heard or seen mentioned by anyone else.
CLCN1111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 04:42 PM #18
> OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

You do know that eventually it will happen where all PowerRangers and and SentaiSuperSentai and KamenRider and UltraMan and Toku and MetalHeroes an similar will all be part of one world, just like how Marvel merged all Marvel into one world!
OmniMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 04:44 PM #19
> Shadowforce_71
VIP Football coach

Shadowforce_71
VIP Football coach

Dimitria was an intentional test by Zordon to see if the first turbo team could operate somewhat independently. And to test if Tommy could follow a Ranger superior in Andros.
Shadowforce_71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 08:44 PM #20
> WatcherMark
Wubbalubbadubdub!

WatcherMark
Wubbalubbadubdub!

Ok, so here's some of mine. These are only the ones I can recall off the top of my head, mind.

- MMPR: The Movie was a dream Tommy had.
- The guy Kim's mom attended Parents Day with was Uncle Steve, since they thought her dad wouldn't make it.
- Zack and Trini got married while at the Peace Conference and settled down, hence why they didn't return to Angel Grove with Jason.
- The Command Center's defences were what caused Rito and Goldar to drop the Zeo Crystal and lose their memories.
- UAOH stands for 'United Alliance of Heroes'
- Dark Specter reassembled the Royal House of Gadgetry on the condition that they serve him unquestioning. Stuck with no other options, Mondo agreed.
- Gasket and Archerina are still out there somewhere.
- Zordon stuck the Quasar Sabers in the rock.
- Captain Mitchell's wife was killed by a stray demon, which led him to work for Lightspeed.
- Jen stayed with Wes after the Wild Force team-up.
- The scene between Jenji and Piggy did NOT happen.
- Mystic Mother is NOT Rita. At least, not the Rita we knew.
- The Alpha 6 we saw in Once a Ranger was Alpha 5 with scrambled circuits (hence a fault memory and weird voice). He was damaged in the Eltar invasion and hidden on Earth.
- Thanks to some unknown force shuffling around the timeline, SPD now took place in the year it aired. Don't ask me why we don't see any aliens after that series, mind.
- Gia did not get together with Jake. She and Emma are now living together and hoping to marry this Summer. Outdoor ceremony, at Emma's insistence.
WatcherMark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote