Home Menu

Menu

Old May 17th, 2018, 07:23 AM #21
> DigificWriter
Power Ranger

DigificWriter
Power Ranger

KRDK wrote: View Post

I am curious to see which version of the Doom Patrol they use. Probably the original one but with Berlanti you never know.
The press release spells out the team specifically:
The Chief (Bruno Bichir)
Elasti-Girl (April Bowlby)
Robotman (Jake Michaels)
Negative Man (Dwain Murphy)
Crazy Jane (role not yet cast)

It's not clear at this point if Cyborg (role not yet cast) will be an official part of the team, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 12:13 PM #22
> Ankh Primo
Net Brutality

Ankh Primo
Net Brutality

I'm surprised that Disney let them use Elasti-Girl (or Warner Bros. let Disney use Elastigirl originally), given The Incredibles is finally relevant again after so long.
Ankh Primo is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 12:25 PM #23
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

I'm surprised that Disney let them use Elasti-Girl (or Warner Bros. let Disney use Elastigirl originally), given The Incredibles is finally relevant again after so long.
DC's Elasti-Girl was around for decades before The Incredibles. There's a reason why merchandise always referred to her as Mrs Incredible. They couldn't use the name outside of the movie because of the Doom Patrol character,
GoldAnyRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 05:08 PM #24
> DigificWriter
Power Ranger

DigificWriter
Power Ranger

As was already said, DC has priority ownership over the name Elasti-Girl, and, besides, her powers are totally different from Helen Parr's and don't actually have anything to do with her codename.
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2018, 02:28 AM #25
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

That isn't how copyright works. You can not copyright a name you trademark it. There is nothing stopping Marvel comics from creating a character named Superman.

What would be the concept that can be copyrighted. Elasti-girl is just a character that shrinks and grows which isn't the same concept for Elastigirl from the Incredibles. So there is no copyright issue here.
christopherjohn is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2018, 11:38 AM #26
> ⚡TeraMan
Never fear, *I* am here!

TeraMan
Never fear, *I* am here!

...anyways, casting side for Cyborg has reportedly gone out.

Male, mid-20s, African-American. Charming, sarcastic, a bit brash, Cyborg is half-human, half-machine ó the ultimate Super Hero for the digital age. At least, thatís how it appears. Vic Stone lost his mother at a young age, lost his promising future to a horrific accident and was put back together as a man-machine hybrid by a brilliant and aloof father who sees him as little more than a lab rat. While Vic may be connected to every computer on earth, he struggles to maintain the connections that make us human. Desperate to gain acceptance from the outside world and his father, Vic uses his powers to try and harness the curse of his cybernetic body for good.

ASP SERIES REGULAR. May segue into Series regular on TITANS in subsequent seasons.
Source

If they're out and about casting for a different actor then Ray Fisher, to me that seems to lean more towards the idea that Titans and Doom Patrol are NOT directly connected in any way to the existing DC Cinematic Universe.
TeraMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2018, 11:40 AM #27
> TyrannoRanger
VIP Rider

TyrannoRanger
VIP Rider

TeraMan wrote: View Post

If they're out and about casting for a different actor then Ray Fisher, to me that seems to lean more towards the idea that Titans and Doom Patrol are NOT directly connected in any way to the existing DC Cinematic Universe.
Fingers crossed for Arrowverse
TyrannoRanger is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote