Home Menu

Menu

Old August 14th, 2019, 11:12 AM #2501
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ I remember Sarah Carter too, in Smallville ! Could we say everything started here...
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 11:25 AM #2502
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Akumaru, you've cursed page 126! Now everyone will remember

GetTheeToABrewery wrote: View Post

No, because it's already part of a pre-existing franchise that had (at the time) always taken place in a single continuity. VR Troopers has no implicit or explicit connection to PR, was never part of the same license as PR, and shared only the same design and writing aesthetic with PR.
It also shares the same format as PR, the same tone as PR, the same music styling as PR (and some carryover tracks).

They each occupy their own cities, which each have insular battles that are never mentioned outside the city limits. As is tradition for each and every PR story. It's keeping with the secretary from Mariner Bay, or Briarwood's magical creatures, or how Angel Grove launched a space colony in 1999 but nobody bats an eye.

People point to it being non intrusive as a means to dismiss VRT, I'm saying that's one of the elements that makes it gel with every other series. In a series with so many dumb explanations, this is a rather elegant solution. Just let them exist within their city limits. That's the assumed approach for every season, if you apply it to every series, it still works.

"Power Rangers" is more than the name, it's also Sheriff Skyfire, and Visceron, and Snow Prince, and ancient warriors and VR Troopers and Beetleborgs and Mystic Knights.

Why would Cross World City or Urbana City be notable to any Power Ranger, other than promoting their respective show? Why would anyone in present day American know about Kells, apart from historians? Americans don't know geography

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; August 14th, 2019 at 11:31 AM.
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 12:00 PM #2503
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

It also shares the same format as PR, the same tone as PR, the same music styling as PR (and some carryover tracks).

They each occupy their own cities, which each have insular battles that are never mentioned outside the city limits. As is tradition for each and every PR story. It's keeping with the secretary from Mariner Bay, or Briarwood's magical creatures, or how Angel Grove launched a space colony in 1999 but nobody bats an eye.

People point to it being non intrusive as a means to dismiss VRT, I'm saying that's one of the elements that makes it gel with every other series. In a series with so many dumb explanations, this is a rather elegant solution. Just let them exist within their city limits. That's the assumed approach for every season, if you apply it to every series, it still works.

"Power Rangers" is more than the name, it's also Sheriff Skyfire, and Visceron, and Snow Prince, and ancient warriors and VR Troopers and Beetleborgs and Mystic Knights.

Why would Cross World City or Urbana City be notable to any Power Ranger, other than promoting their respective show? Why would anyone in present day American know about Kells, apart from historians? Americans don't know geography
The show similar was Power Rangers always share the same tune, and dynamics, and was you refer well "Power Rangers is more that a name" for real we had all characters you refar and more...for others PR like shows...

"Forces of darkness empower me! Take me back to my virtual reality!" thos os really epic...

The concept of Karl Zickot/Grimlord which is much similar to the ideia of Jekyll/Hyde which is later used in others seasons of PR was DT,JF,DC. sadlly the VR.troppers never had the proper Finale

Power Rangers Universe...Multi-verse

MCU Multi-verse

Last edited by Akumaru; August 14th, 2019 at 12:33 PM.
Old August 14th, 2019, 03:43 PM #2504
> Quasar Fire
Power Ranger

Quasar Fire
Power Ranger

the same music styling as PR (and some carryover tracks).
Whoa there, did I miss something all those years? Or did you refer to one or two incidental songs that also happened to be used on PR at some point? Because the actual score had no carryover, as far as I can recall.
Quasar Fire is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 03:59 PM #2505
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Turbo and Beetleborgs share some Inon Zur score. Rock heavy stuff that was composed for Turbo and used to fluff out Beetleborgs' end run. Off hand, I recall a Boron fight using Turbo music.

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; August 14th, 2019 at 04:04 PM.
Old August 14th, 2019, 04:03 PM #2506
> Quasar Fire
Power Ranger

Quasar Fire
Power Ranger

Turbo and Beetleborgs share some Inon Zur score.
Ha, I was under the impression you were strictly referring to VRT in this case. But yes, I think this particular example and some of Zur's work for Mystic Knights showing up in Lost Galaxy are the only instances of score carrying over.
Old August 14th, 2019, 04:05 PM #2507
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Mystic Knights score is also in Time Force's Beware the Knight.

Sorry for the confusion! I probably was thinking of "Strike" earlier, because that post was about VRT (and I can't get that song out of my head).

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; August 14th, 2019 at 04:10 PM.
Old August 14th, 2019, 04:11 PM #2508
> Quasar Fire
Power Ranger

Quasar Fire
Power Ranger

Mystic Knights score is also in Time Force's "Beware the Knight".

Sorry for the confusion!
I didn't count that one separately as it's an instance of recycling something that had already been used on PR anyway.

Of course, that particular music was very much used once again because of the medieval trappings of that episode, but Time Force had already been heavy on the recycling. From when they dropped Lacey's music like a hot potato to when Zur came back uncredited, they were grabbing stuff from as far back as In Space.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 14th, 2019, 04:13 PM #2509
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Time Force just wasn't the same. They stopped fighting the good fight

There's post-9/11 Time Force, then there's post-Lacey Time Force.

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; August 14th, 2019 at 10:43 PM.
Old August 15th, 2019, 01:06 AM #2510
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

The Mystic Knights had the Battle Fury another Battlelyzer for the Leader of the team, and the music used in Bettleborgs they used the theme of Blue Centurian was used for RoboBorg and for Boron the theme when they attack the Power Chamber in the season finale...A Good way of they recycle music for there others show. we can imagine even Roboborg vs Robo Racer

PR Ninja Steel! "The Ranger Ribbon","Poisonous Plots","Family Fusion".

When Summer Cove’s sentimental “Ribbon Tree” is in danger of being cut down by Preston’s wealthy dad Marcus Tien, Preston must learn to stand up to his father to save what’s important. Meanwhile, Ripperat's brother Trapsaw tries to trap the Rangers but fails every time. Brody has another encounter with Ripcon. A man appears, claiming to be Brody's long lost brother Aiden.

Brody is eager to reunite with Aiden, though Mick, Levi and Hayley are suspicious of Aiden's motives. Later, a monster named Toxitea poisons Brody. Madame Odius demands the Rangers hand over their power stars in exchange for the antidote. Though Aiden urges them to agree to Odius' terms, Levi and Hayley create fake power stars made of chocolate and fool Odius into giving them the cure. The Rangers defeat Toxitea, though Odius escapes. At the end of the episode, Odius and Aiden are revealed to be working together.

On Odius's instructions, Aiden tricks Ripcon into helping him get the Ninja Steel. Ripcon attacks the city, distracting the Rangers except for Levi who's helping Mick create the new Ninja Fusion Star. With the Fusion Star, Brody beats Ripcon, forcing him to retreat. At the same time, Aiden breaks into the base and fights with Levi for the Ninja Steel. During the fight, Aiden is revealed to be a robot imposter. The other Rangers arrive just in time to save Levi and destroy the robot Aiden. Madame Odius frames Ripcon for both the failed robot plot and for hiding Levi on Galvanax's ship. Furious, Galvanax has Ripcon gigantified and forces him to fight the Rangers again. Although Ripcon initially overpowers the Rangers' Megazords, Brody uses the Ninja Fusion Star to combine their Megazords into the Ninja Fusion Zord. With their new Megazord, the Rangers finally destroy Ripcon. After the battle, Brody sings his father's song at a school talent show, triggering a flood of memories in Levi. It is revealed that Levi is Aiden, and that his childhood memories had earlier been stolen by Odius and placed in her robot. Levi/Aiden now remembers that, he went into hiding and assumed the identity of Levi Weston in order to protect himself from Galvanax. Reunited at last, Brody and Levi embrace. At the end of the episode, all the rangers sing the Family song.

The Madam Odious plot about sende a Cyborg Aiden to deceived the Rangers in destroy them from inside it was really well done and show Madam Odious is really much diferent from Galvanax and Ripcon, and thme when she poisen Brody for they give the Power Stars, and Odious frames Ripcon for the Gold Ranger, and the Cyborg Aiden failing and convinced Galvanax was always Ripcon doing, which was perfect to make Galvanax knows had a traitor in is ranks. Ripcon coming to face the Rangers which leading to is defeated and the debuts of the Ninja Fusion Megazord, and Aiden finally remember which was Odious was capture him, and put is memories in Cyborg Aiden, now the Brothers are together.

The Gold Ranger debuts/Cyborg Aiden and Ripcon/Madam Odious plot was really intersthing this develoment of the story in Ninja Steel...

Last edited by Akumaru; August 15th, 2019 at 03:58 AM.
Old August 15th, 2019, 12:24 PM #2511
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

It's not a totally fair comparison, but those two clips show why Beetleborgs pulled ahead of PR. There's so much more to latch onto. Beetleborgs had dinosaurs, robots, bugs, jets, comic books, American monsters, and well designed Japanese kaiju. It had Battlizers before PR! Mission to the Secret City aired November 12 '98, while Mega Spectra Beetleborgs aired February 9th. If you count Mega Blue Beetleborg, the gap is even wider.

I was four in 1997, I was on the ground floor before Pokemon hit (which changed everything). It might seem crazy today, but Beetleborgs was the hotness

~

Random thought. during the Disney era a common complaint was about "censorship", and Disney editing Sentai to meet their S&P guidelines. One of these changes involved the Ten Terror, Oculous, who hunts the Mystic Force Rangers with a sniper. Scenes with Oculous were reshot for Power Rangers, and fans complained because he no longer used the sniper in a realistic fashion, with the scope to his eye.

This complaint makes no sense. Oculous...has a scope for an eye. Shooting from the hip sells his skill. Sometimes selling the narrative matters more than the actual content.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 15th, 2019, 01:05 PM #2512
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

It's not a totally fair comparison, but those two clips show why Beetleborgs pulled ahead of PR. There's so much more to latch onto. Beetleborgs had dinosaurs, robots, bugs, jets, comic books, American monsters, and well designed Japanese kaiju. It had Battlizers before PR! Mission to the Secret City aired November 12 '98, while Mega Spectra Beetleborgs aired February 9th. If you count Mega Blue Beetleborg, the gap is even wider.

I was four in 1997, I was on the ground floor before Pokemon hit (which changed everything). It might seem crazy today, but Beetleborgs was the hotness
The BettleBorgs in that time had really everything i suppose Saban really want a show kind similar but with a diferent narrative, well i consider that Battlelyzers too, even the Mystic Knights had the Battle Fire Armor for Rohan, even for the Shadow Borg Arc, well we really could consider that the Batttlelyzer, and them later decide to make a Red Exclusive Power-up for the future PR seasons. Pokemon nowdays is a really in the Pinneacle is very popular and well sadly the Digimon which i always liked more, but even i watched Pokemon, but continues more with Digimon but in the case of Digimon i suppose really need was they with the Modern Sentais and need to find is own way to finally come to the high point again

~

Random thought. during the Disney era a common complaint was about "censorship", and Disney editing Sentai to meet their S&P guidelines. One of these changes involved the Ten Terror, Oculous, who hunts the Mystic Force Rangers with a sniper. Scenes with Oculous were reshot for Power Rangers, and fans complained because he no longer used the sniper in a realistic fashion, with the scope to his eye.

This complaint makes no sense. Oculous...has a scope for an eye. Shooting from the hip sells his skill. Sometimes selling the narrative matters more than the actual content.
The Censorship dont want the audience understand the things wrong, but it was the same censorship if we returned more early in PR, they had the parents complains about Lord Zedd was too Dark for a Kids Show, but in fact is more important sells the narrative, i suppose that could be a reason some seasons of PR from the Neo Saban had plot which were basic call stupids to the Audience, even shows of Marvel,DC,TF dont make so empty plots, imagine if they had some elements of the Shinkenger in Samurai, because they really change much elements.

PR Ninja Steel! "Ace and the Race","The Royal Rival","The Royal Rumble","Monkey Business","The Adventures Of Redbot","Abrakadanger","Helping Hand","Galvanax Rises","Echoes of Evil"."Moment of Truth","Tough Love","Making Waves".

Calvin finds himself increasingly distracted from his friends and Power Ranger duties when he spends all this time trying to impress his local hero

A mysterious princess and her royal guard arrive on Earth to challenge the Ninja Steel Rangers.

The Ninja Steel Rangers band together with a new ally to try and defeat Galvanax’s new champion – but even their teamwork may not be enough.

Calvin and Hayley decide to run for office at school but are thrown into discord by a monster capable of recording their voices.

Redbot documents the adventures of the Power Rangers on his new blog, while a cat-like monster attempts to steal the Ninja Power Stars.

Preston must confront one of Galvanax’s newest contestants after his magical spells backfire on his teammates.

While Sarah deals with issues at school, the Ninja Steel Rangers must overcome an invincible force field.

The final battle begins as Galvanax unleashes his devastating attack. But, Madame Odius betrays Galvanax. Aiden and Brody are reunited with their father.

Madame Odius returns to Earth to track down the Ninja Nexus Prism after Sledge and his crew made their unexpected return from Dino Charge.As she arrives with intents of fixing the prisim but is frustrated by the rangers

Calvin forgets his Anniversary to Hayley and covers up his mistake, but begins to regret his decision not to tell the truth. The web of lies also boosts the strength of this weeks contestant, Deceptron, who's bolts prevents the rangers from using their powers.

Levi meets a street performer and tries to change himself to impress her, unaware that she's a monster trying to turn him evil.

Doomwave, an aquatic monster, creates a tidal wave generator, intent on destroying Summer Cove. Hayley and Sarah are worried about their parents dating, but their project just might help.

The Princess of the Lion Galaxy which come to help Galvanax to destroy the rangers with the Power of the LionZord, them when the Princess saw the kindness of Sarah to help the others, and since her family ruled was Iron Hand over the Lion Galaxy. Galvanax send is new ally to destroy the Rangers and with the Nexus Prysm they gained the Power of the Red Fire Armor and Lion Fire megazord, which debuts early consider which happens in Ninninger, the Red Exclusive Power-up and Megazord.
Princess Viera returns to Lion Galaxy to rule the Lion Galaxy in a diferent way he family had do, and Mick saw is Parents, later we had Princess Viera send to the Rangers a Power Star which allow to them use the Fire Armor and the Lion Fire Zord always they wanted. and we had the debutof the Ninja Ultrazord.

The Final Plan of Galvanax for gather the Power Star was based in one the invections of Victor and Monty which allow to him gather the Power Stars and use them was Power-up and in the Final Battle Madam Odious betrays Galavanax and reveals is truth intensions, them the Nexus Prysm protect the Rangers and Brody,Mick and Master Romero returns from Inside of Nexus Prysm and they destroyed Galvanax for once, and Madam Odious take the role was the next Main Villan, which had the help of Sledge which fix the Ship
Madam Odious planned to corructed the Nexus Prysm and created the Dark Nexus Steel which she can created there Own Power Rangers, them the rangers going to stop her, and they had there Power Back..

Last edited by Akumaru; August 20th, 2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old August 20th, 2019, 05:55 AM #2513
> BluePR
Power Ranger

BluePR
Power Ranger

One other thing I didn't like about in Space, I thought Professor Phenomenus was pretty annoying, his fascination with finding aliens even though they were plentiful but most seemed to be evil and especially when he was causing problems like creating an energy source at a location where it could easily act as a bomb or creating a device to make objects evil, and I think demonstrating it before he had the good part figured out, that seemed like an obviously bad idea. I thought him getting a lot less screentime after the first 15 episodes contributed quite a bit to the show seeming more serious and mature and working better.

Last edited by BluePR; August 20th, 2019 at 06:12 AM.
BluePR is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2019, 06:16 AM #2514
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

Yeah, I don't know why they ditched their original plans of Bulk and Skull setting up a civilian force for Kooky Kooky.
Zeo already showed that Bulk and Skull didn't work as well when there was a third guy in the group. And Turbo showed that Bulk and Skull don't work when they are too separated from the rangers. Yet PRiS repeated all these mistakes.

Worse still they often lumped all the Bulk and Skull scenes together rather than splitting them up over the course of an episode.

It almost feels like the writers didn't want B&S anymore and so went out of their way to make sure they didn't work.

Bulk and Skull setting up a civilian force would have been great. They could have had plenty of comedy while still connecting them to the Rangers and also giving the duo character growth (especially as Turbo showed they were completely incompetent at everything).
big smile is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2019, 06:28 AM #2515
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

big smile wrote: View Post

It almost feels like the writers didn't want B&S anymore and so went out of their way to make sure they didn't work.
I feel like we crossed that threshold when the writers turned them into chimps for 20 episodes.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2019, 06:32 AM #2516
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

I did like B&S somewhat doubting on everything with Phenomenus, but hey, steady job.

It does also highlight Astronema doesn't have a 'technical' general or executive on staff, which is honestly a little weird for a space based series's construction when Ecliptor and her are, on occasion, literally scavenging stuff from a mad scientist's van.

A scientist who isolated the metaphysical properties of good and evil and figured out how to generate them, admittedly. My headcanon is Phenomenus had retired from a pretty successful but boring career and was using retirement to go through a bucket list of inventions he'd written in college. This explains why 'find aliens' was included after several years of giant ones kicking apart downtown.
tremor3258 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2019, 07:11 AM #2517
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

Peter wrote: View Post

I feel like we crossed that threshold when the writers turned them into chimps for 20 episodes.
But they were soo cute!

But yeah, the whole chimp thing accelerated B&S's downfall. They didn't get a chance to 'bond' with Justin. So when the cast change happened, B&S just felt forced in without any purpose or reason. They feel so out of place, that's hard not to cringe. They should have just kept them in France.

Still, I'd take cute chimps over the slapstick we get these days.
Old August 20th, 2019, 10:20 AM #2518
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

big smile wrote: View Post

Zeo already showed that Bulk and Skull didn't work as well when there was a third guy in the group.
Lt. Stone was the best thing to happen to Bulk and Skull. It gave them someone to answer to when they screwed up, and it was a genuine surprise to the audience whenever he approved of what they were responsible for.

The problem I had with Phenomenus was that the writers didn't involve Bulk and Skull very much. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything they did independent of the professor, they were essentially new characters that were mainly used as his relatively quiet hired hands.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2019, 10:23 AM #2519
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Professor Phenomenus is a tragically underrated (and underused) character but he made me laugh harder than anything B&S did in Turbo or Space.
Old August 20th, 2019, 10:37 AM #2520
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon wrote: View Post

Lt. Stone was the best thing to happen to Bulk and Skull. It gave them someone to answer to when they screwed up, and it was a genuine surprise to the audience whenever he approved of what they were responsible for.
Lt. Stone was the best thing to happen to Bulk and Skull. Detective Stone was not, at least not in those episodes where he's on the same level as them. Scent of a Weasel is a good example of this. The dynamic is spoilt. It wasn't too much of an issue in Zeo, because as the agency struggles to stay in business, Dt. Stone becomes more like his Lt. role, regaining his 'bite' that made him work so well in S3.

Tags
dumps like a truck, thong talk, trending thrax thong