Home Menu

Menu

Old November 23rd, 2018, 12:26 AM #21
> AkaGreenPrimo
Lava and War

AkaGreenPrimo
Lava and War

BlitzRangers wrote: View Post

They did show the trailer right after, watch the original airing VHS record of the episode the trailer is hinted about before the KO-35 end scene and is shown after the episode. If you can find the 1998 vhs rip its there.

Most of the trailer is just stock footage, it was more of a tease, they aired it right as the In Space credits closed. Its missing the February 6th part of the one that aired in early 99 but they both are similar.
Whatever rip that was circulated had been edited later. I have the original broadcast and there was no such thing.

Like I said, the first televised recognition of Lost Galaxy was Christmas Day 1998 with that contest announcement. 14-year-old me never would have missed anything prior.
AkaGreenPrimo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2018, 12:45 AM #22
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay

There definitely IS a PRLG teaser. I canít say for when it aired, but it doesnít contain any PRLG footage or even Gingaman footage, from memory.

I think I still have it somewhere if itís not already on YouTube.
Sadsmileyface is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2018, 12:46 AM #23
> ShyRanger
Morphinominal

eBay
ShyRanger
Morphinominal

eBay

EXCUSE ME ?I never heard of that please explain !
One of the old rumors was possibly having the villains turn into the stunt guys if there had been more time.

Since I had nothing spoiling me I legit thought Power Rangers was finished.
Yeah, I felt like it was finished even though I knew it wasn't really.

Man I would been pissed getting spoiled, I wasn't on the internet that often in 98, how was the fan base back then in regards to c2d & Lost galaxy ? Since I had nothing spoiling me I legit thought Power Rangers was finished.
I remember I was pissed when I was on the fansites and got spoiled that Astronema was Karone right before it was revealed in-show. I had absolutely no idea.

The Lost Galaxy premiere is one of my favorite Premiere Days ever, other than DinoThunder with JDFs return. I loved that they were doing another season set in space and I was super excited over what this next chapter would be like. The reaction was very positive and joyous too leading to and after.

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

I recorded the initial airing of "Countdown to Destruction part 2", and although I don't have the tape to refer to anymore, I'm pretty sure there was nothing about PRLG right after it.
I also have a copy of the original airing. It's not at my place but I can check it when I get the chance.
ShyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2018, 09:13 AM #24
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

I remember the first time I watched this. Seeing all the villains team and attack was something I never expected at the time. And seeing the citizens (led by Bulk and Skull) claim to be the Rangers, then charge in to join the real Rangers for the attack, was so inspiring.

I'm not afraid to admit I cried when Zordon died, and when it looked like Karone had also perished. This was such an emotional, action-packed finale that I still remember it fondly to this day.
Bluecatcinema is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2018, 10:30 AM #25
> BlitzRangers
Power Rangers Blitz

BlitzRangers
Power Rangers Blitz

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

Whatever rip that was circulated had been edited later. I have the original broadcast and there was no such thing.

Like I said, the first televised recognition of Lost Galaxy was Christmas Day 1998 with that contest announcement. 14-year-old me never would have missed anything prior.
I am not talking about the rip, I watched Coutndown to Destruction in 98 the very day it first aired and there was a Stay tuned for after the episode message before the KO 35 end scene of the episode, After the episode air it had the Lost Galaxy Graphic as the In Space Credits were rolling

Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

There definitely IS a PRLG teaser. I canít say for when it aired, but it doesnít contain any PRLG footage or even Gingaman footage, from memory.

I think I still have it somewhere if itís not already on YouTube.

The rip is not online, but I watched that episode when it first aired and there was a stay tuned message after the scene where the Z-wave hits, as the Credits for In Space were rolling there was a COMING SOON LOST GALAXY mini promo. It was the promos that were used in early 99 without the date of the premiere.
BlitzRangers is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2018, 11:07 AM #26
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay

I am not talking about the rip, I watched Coutndown to Destruction in 98 the very day it first aired and there was a Stay tuned for after the episode message before the KO 35 end scene of the episode, After the episode air it had the Lost Galaxy Graphic as the In Space Credits were rolling

The rip is not online, but I watched that episode when it first aired and there was a stay tuned message after the scene where the Z-wave hits, as the Credits for In Space were rolling there was a COMING SOON LOST GALAXY mini promo. It was the promos that were used in early 99 without the date of the premiere.
It seems I was thinking of the first promo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIj60MioyHo

Which I'm not too sure was 1998 at all.
Sadsmileyface is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2018, 11:26 AM #27
> BlitzRangers
Power Rangers Blitz

BlitzRangers
Power Rangers Blitz

Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

It seems I was thinking of the first promo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIj60MioyHo

Which I'm not too sure was 1998 at all.
that one was in 99, but there was one that followed Countdown to Destructions credits in it's original airing, it was very brief and had the Lost Galaxy logo, right after the Z- Wave scene faded to black there was a commercial that said Stay Tuned for an Important message from The Power Rangers. And then after the last scene on the Megaship played and the credits rolled with the Lost Galaxy mini promo.

I think this is why Lost Galaxy got major ratings at first, because it was hyped during Countdown. The footage had the Dark Fortress in it thats about it.
Old November 23rd, 2018, 01:21 PM #28
> AkaGreenPrimo
Lava and War

AkaGreenPrimo
Lava and War

I watched Coutndown to Destruction in 98 the very day it first aired and there was a Stay tuned for after the episode message before the KO 35 end scene of the episode, After the episode air it had the Lost Galaxy Graphic as the In Space Credits were rolling
Whatever you saw was obviously regional, the Los Angeles broadcast had no notification of anything during the episode aside from the Fox Kids TV Takeover being 4 days away and the only commercial during the credits was for "Splatterday".
Old November 23rd, 2018, 01:31 PM #29
> BlitzRangers
Power Rangers Blitz

BlitzRangers
Power Rangers Blitz

Whatever you saw was obviously regional, the Los Angeles broadcast had no notification of anything during the episode aside from the Fox Kids TV Takeover being 4 days away and the only commercial during the credits was for "Splatterday".
Was the East Coast broadcast, right after the Z- Wave hit a commercial played

Stay tuned to see whats next for the Power Rangers

and the Lost Galaxy promo played during the In Space credits in a window

Must have been regional then
Old November 23rd, 2018, 07:08 PM #30
> Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

I was in Ohio, and there definitely wasn't any indication during my viewing. It wasn't until that sweepstakes commercial later on that I had any indication PR wasn't over, and my 16 year old self was mind-blown.
Windgrail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2018, 07:26 PM #31
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

I, for one, have never seen the sweepstakes commercial.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2018, 07:34 PM #32
> ShyRanger
Morphinominal

eBay
ShyRanger
Morphinominal

eBay

Bluecatcinema wrote: View Post

I remember the first time I watched this. Seeing all the villains team and attack was something I never expected at the time. And seeing the citizens (led by Bulk and Skull) claim to be the Rangers, then charge in to join the real Rangers for the attack, was so inspiring.
Yeah, at the time I was mind-blown having all the old villains return. Once I got to know sentai's history, I realized the return of the Machine Empire was nothing more than Ohranger stock.
ShyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2018, 07:51 PM #33
> BlitzRangers
Power Rangers Blitz

BlitzRangers
Power Rangers Blitz

ShyRanger wrote: View Post

Yeah, at the time I was mind-blown having all the old villains return. Once I got to know sentai's history, I realized the return of the Machine Empire was nothing more than Ohranger stock.
Even in 1998 I could tell that was stock, Hell even in ZEO's premiere I could tell it was stock and had no idea what Sentai was
Old November 24th, 2018, 12:03 AM #34
> AkaGreenPrimo
Lava and War

AkaGreenPrimo
Lava and War

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

I, for one, have never seen the sweepstakes commercial.
It's at the 2:00 mark.
Old November 24th, 2018, 12:29 AM #35
> Jerry
Withering away

Jerry
Withering away

I thought that Power Rangers was over at that point. Countdown to Destruction was a fantastic finale (with only one exception that I am still annoyed about to this day), but it had such a "final" feel to it that I genuinely thought Power Rangers was over. It had been a fun run, and I had enjoyed it immensely, but what else could they possibly do?

And then I was in Walmart, which we didn't get to super often, and I saw Power Rangers Lost Galaxy toys. I had so many questions.
Jerry is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2018, 12:41 AM #36
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

It's at the 2:00 mark.
Thanks. Yeah I never saw that. It's all good though, since I've always known the show wasn't ending with PRIS. I just have memories of going to toy stores to check out the new PRLG toys. At a Blockbuster, I saw the casing for the PRIS video on the shelf. I opened it up, and I saw a foldout with the first wave of PRLG toys on one side, and Mystic Knights toys on the other. I took it with me, and I still have it.

I managed to get a foldout with the second wave of PRLG toys on it the same way. The only thing is that I saw it sticking out of packaging for a toy that was busted up. It was in the toy section of a now-defunct department store that I believe was only in New York (where I live), New Jersey, and Connecticut.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2018, 01:32 AM #37
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old November 24th, 2018, 03:13 PM #38
> Judge Joker
Repulsive

Judge Joker
Repulsive

Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2018, 10:01 PM #39
> Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

Interesting knowing where that footage comes from, how many spoilers are in that lol
Silver_Tiger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2018, 02:03 AM #40
> big smile
Power Ranger

big smile
Power Ranger

Gotta say I am impressed that the show hasn't brought back Zordon. It would be such a cheap and easy way to inject the show with flimsy nostalgia, so kudos to them for resisting the temptation.
big smile is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.