Home Menu

Menu

Old October 16th, 2018, 12:00 AM #1
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

NBA Discussion Thread -- Win one for the La-La-Land

Hey, did you guys hear LeBron James joined the Los Angeles Lakers? And then they got a bunch of other guys from a bunch of other places and they're hoping for yet another guy next year, but let's focus on here and now.

Tonight, we kick off another season with the Philadelphia 76ers taking on a healthy Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward bolstered Boston Celtics squad, followed by the signed and sealed Paul George and the Oklahoma City Thunder up against those ever-scary defending champion Golden State Warriors. Most teams tip off tomorrow, and my Lakers Thursday. Let's go!
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2018, 02:41 AM #2
> Patamon
Digimon of Hope

Patamon
Digimon of Hope

can't wait to see how the Lakers do this season.

also this is the last season for Golden State in Oakland, next year they move across the Golden Gate Bridge to san Francisco. the north vs south bay feud now extends to the Basketball court.
Patamon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2018, 04:33 AM #3
> kc16
The Beast

kc16
The Beast

New season, new thread, yeaaa!

Letís go Knicks and Lakers. The Warriors will most likely will win the championship this season, thatís my early season prediction lol. My Knicks kickoff tomorrow against the Atlanta Hawks.
kc16 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2018, 04:59 AM #4
> kc16
The Beast

kc16
The Beast

Decent start to the NBA regular season. The Celtics looked good as they beat the Sixers in Boston. Gordon Hayward was back after a one year layoff due to injury. It was good to see him on the floor. The Sixers kept it close but the Celtics depth was just to good to keep up with.

The Warriors pulled out a victory against the Westbrookless Thunder. Dennis Schroeder played solid in his place but he isnít Westbrook. The Thunder had their run in the second half led by Paul George but in the end the Warriors were just too much.
Old October 17th, 2018, 12:25 PM #5
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

kc16 wrote: View Post

Dennis Schroeder played solid in his place but he isnít Westbrook.
No human is...
Old October 18th, 2018, 04:40 AM #6
> kc16
The Beast

kc16
The Beast

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

No human is...
Iíll say LeBron has the physical traits but doesnít have the erratic mind set, which is a good thing.

Anyways a full slate of games Wednesday. My Knicks actually looked good despite playing the Hawks. We get Coach Fizdale his fist win as a Knick. We also set a franchise record 49 points in the second quarter. Hope we can do that every game.

The Pelicans demolished the Rockets. Anthony Davis led the way but it was a team effort as most of their key players had 15-20+ points. The Rockets didnít seem to be able to slow anyone down last night, just one game though so weíll see. So many other games last night but those were the two I kept close watch on.
Old October 18th, 2018, 01:11 PM #7
> chronoxiong
Digital Artist

chronoxiong
Digital Artist

I have no clue why Dave Joerger is starting Yogi Ferrell at SG. He's 6 ft tall and weighs 180 lbs. Very undersized at SG. I hope this experiment doesn't last for too long. Anyways, I thought the Kings were going to get killed by the Jazz. But they held tough and never gave up. The game was close for majority of the 2nd half. But the Jazz kept making buckets and the Kings couldn't and lost. Nice game though from a lot of the players in this game. It was high scoring for some odd reason.

Kawhi Leonard looked great in his debut with the Raptors. Double double right off the bat. Going to be interesting to see how this team does. Kawhi's old team, the Spurs held on for a tough win against the TWolves. Demar Derozan had his own usual game with the Spurs. LMA meanwhile, was a beast out there and made Towns look like a chump. Towns fouled out in 22 mins. Maybe Butler was right about Towns and Wiggins needing to toughen up. They are too soft for being former #1 picks.
chronoxiong is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2018, 10:17 PM #8
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

Well, perfect record for the Lakers is already off the table... And we were doing so well in the third quarter. ;__;

But Josh Hart was magnificent tonight.
Old October 18th, 2018, 10:24 PM #9
> kc16
The Beast

kc16
The Beast

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

Well, perfect record for the Lakers is already off the table... And we were doing so well in the third quarter. ;__;

But Josh Hart was magnificent tonight.
I would say that the Lakers should start Hart but he seems like a really good player for the second unit. The Lakers really lack big man as well, McGee and LeBron ainít gonna cut it all season at the 5. Iím sure Zubac and Wagner will get some minutes as the season progresses. Nonetheless it wasnít a bad performance by the Lakers. Iím sure Staples will be rocking come Saturday when they play the Rockets.
Old October 19th, 2018, 10:25 PM #10
> kc16
The Beast

kc16
The Beast

What away to lose to the Nets by a game winning lay-up. I was really hoping for the Knicks to go 2-0 but oh well, 1-1 will do.

The Celtics vs Raptors was an entertaining game but at the end the Raptors came out on top. Kawhi seems to be settling in Toronto and todayís win against the Celtics was a statement win.

The Warriors vs Jazz was the game of the night. The Jazz were hot throughout the game and led as much as 16 in the game. Joe Ingles was lethal from three with his unorthodox style of play. With that said the Warriors pulled out the miraculous victory with formar Utah Jazz, Jonas Jerebko tipped in the game winner with 0.3 seconds left.
Old October 19th, 2018, 10:37 PM #11
> Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

so the Thunder went 0-2 out in CA to open the season.... hopefully they can pick up a W after Westbrook rejoins the team, which he should be ready to do in time for the next game.
Cancer0081 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2018, 10:53 PM #12
> chronoxiong
Digital Artist

chronoxiong
Digital Artist

We had an All-Star game in New Orleans. The Pelicans scored 72 points in the first half against the Kings while they scored 62. There was barely any defense being played in the game as both teams shot over 50% from the field. It was close for the first half, but of course, the Kings couldn't contain Unibrow and Mirotic and the game became a blowout. I am not liking the starting backcourt of Fox and Ferrell. Both guys are too small (undersized).

We pretty much had other All-Star games going on around the league too. The Grizzlies scored 77 points in the first half against the Hawks. Yeah, 77 points. I dont remember them doing this at all last year because they were filled with injuries. They finished scoring 131 points in an easy win. The Twolves and Cavs featured no defense either with the Twolves blowing out the Cavs early. But the Cavs didn't give up and made it look respectable. Jimmy Butler was being booed like a WWE heel. Loved that part though. And yeah, the Jazz scored 81 points in the first half against the Warriors. But they couldn't finish them off as the Warriors turned it on in the 2nd half. Jonas Jerebko made that game-winning bucket in the final seconds. I wished the Jazz had won this game.
Old October 20th, 2018, 10:16 PM #13
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

Being blown out I could handle, but the Lakers coming up just short of the Rockets hurts.

They were within three points most of the game!
Old October 20th, 2018, 10:29 PM #14
> kc16
The Beast

kc16
The Beast

What a melee between Rondo and CP3, I knew they had bad blood for a while, and it all spilled out in tonightís game. Also I donít understand why Ingram was so upset, he kind of started the whole thing shoving Harden after a clear foul. Sucks the Lakers couldnít pull out a victory on LeBronís home opener.

The Knicks again lose in a close game against the Celtics. Trey Burke missed 2 of 3 crucial free throws that couldíve tied the game. Plus we lose Kevin Knox to an ankle injury. At least weíre playing teams close, now just have to finish out games.
Old October 21st, 2018, 04:46 PM #15
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

Suspensions handed down from the Rockets/Lakers fight.

Ingram: 4 games
Rondo: 3 games
Paul: 2 games

That's actually fair.
Old October 21st, 2018, 11:51 PM #16
> chronoxiong
Digital Artist

chronoxiong
Digital Artist

The Kings did something they haven't done for a long time and that was score over 130 points in a road win. That's right, they went into Oklahoma City and got a rare road win. They were actually leading for majority of the way as the Thunder had to play catch up. De'arron Fox has been looking like a new player too. His jump shot is improved now. I seriously thought the Thunder were going to take the lead and steal it in the end but the Kings held on. Big bounce back performance from the whooping they got in New Orleans.

The theme of teams not playing defense continued with the Hawks/Cavs. I thought the Cavs were going to win this game but no one is playing defense there which allowed for Trae Young to go off on them. And I wonder if the Rockets are missing Ariza and Moute. Their defense has been bad lately so has Melo. It seems the Clippers are going to ride and die with their SF/PF combo. Both Gallinari and Tobias Harris have been on fire since the season started.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 10:55 PM #17
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

Darn it, all that overtime and the Lakers lose by just one measly point... I suppose the positive is that we were down two men and still got that close.
Old October 23rd, 2018, 04:18 AM #18
> kc16
The Beast

kc16
The Beast

Tough way to lose for the Lakers. Had LeBron made at least one of those late FTs, most likely they wouldíve went to a second OT. Aldridge was a man amongst boys for the Spurs, Lakers had no answers for him.
Old October 24th, 2018, 02:28 AM #19
> chronoxiong
Digital Artist

chronoxiong
Digital Artist

The Kings were no match for the Nuggets in Denver and I was not surprised at all. It was a blowout in the 2nd half as the Kings had no answer for Jokic . The whole Nuggets starting five all shot above .500. I have been complaining about the lack of defense being played around the league at this other forum I joined. Looks like many teams are going to play fast pace, with no defense and jack up three's.

The other two games of the night all featured great fantasy performances as well. With Blake Griffin being the first player to score 50 points in this young season. He's been ballin. His statline was ridiculous too jacking up 35 shots , was 50% from 3 pt range, grabbed 14 boards and 6 assists. Unreal. And his team got the win. Unibrow continued his video game numbers as well. He's the frontrunner for MVP so far. His team and the Pistons are both undefeated to start the year. I would have never guessed that.
Old October 24th, 2018, 04:35 AM #20
> kc16
The Beast

kc16
The Beast

Yea Blake Griffinís 50 point game came out of nowhere. He definitely has been working on his 3 point shot as well for him to be shooting much better than he ever has. Congrats to the Pistons 3-0 start.

Tags
labron