Menu

Old September 26th, 2018, 11:42 PM #81
> IMTIRED
Power Ranger fan on Kauai

IMTIRED

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

Destruxo.
Thanks for clarifying! I know he'll be back.

J_S_P wrote: View Post

As much as I dislike characters having one outfit they constantly wear, I'm glad they eventually settled on one for Leo just to get that doofy leather jacket off the screen. He looks so silly in it, it doesn't even fit him well, it's huge.
The jacket does stand out as very "costume leftover from Grease".
IMTIRED is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2018, 02:05 PM #82
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

Aloha,

I'm super sorry to anyone who has been following and/or contributing to this thread for not having posted anything in so long.

On Thursday I had a major altercation with my landlord during which he became threatening and verbally abusive towards myself & a guest who called the police for protection, resulting in me leaving with my guest with my cat and valuables since the entire incident triggered my anxiety/PTSD and the landlord lives on-premises. I'm finally back in my home and while I now have to move ASAP (not easy on a tiny island with no available rentals) I will attempt to move forward and hopefully post the next episode review tonight.

I really value this community and being part of it even in the smallest of ways for a good chunk of my lifetime. Thank you to those of you who have continuously posted and responded for making me feel included and of value of here. I look forward to chatting with you all about Power Rangers Lost Galaxy very soon.

All the best,

IMTIRED
Old October 2nd, 2018, 02:24 PM #83
> AkaGreenPrimo
2222.GRIDMAN

AkaGreenPrimo
2222.GRIDMAN

IMTIRED wrote: View Post

I had a major altercation with my landlord during which he became threatening and verbally abusive towards myself & a guest who called the police for protection, resulting in me leaving with my guest with my cat and valuables since the entire incident triggered my anxiety/PTSD and the landlord lives on-premises. I'm finally back in my home and while I now have to move ASAP (not easy on a tiny island with no available rentals) I will attempt to move forward and hopefully post the next episode review tonight.
Oh my gosh.

Please don't worry about us, you have to have your own comfort first and foremost. Good luck to you.
AkaGreenPrimo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old October 5th, 2018, 01:16 AM #84
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

Thanks again hasbro_primo. I appreciate your concern.

I'm very happy to be able to watch and review the next episode of Power Rangers Lost Galaxy tonight. I can't say things are going great, but in my own experience, I find it better to resume what I can of my normal schedule/functionality in times of anxiety. Maintain the routine. It may not feel productive, but it helps me to think more clearly if I can distract myself from the anxiety.

So under somewhat trying circumstances, tonight I will be presenting "Orion Returns".

For once I needed the recap at the beginning but this one did little to jog my memory and failed to even mention the Lights. WTF.

I love the idea that Maya has premonitions/dreams/spiritual connection--I just wish it were fleshed out/elaborated on a bit more.

Every once in a while during viewing I get this feeling like in my belly of what life felt like in 1999.

Oh how I missed you, theme tune. Maybe I should go ahead and plug my legit speakers back in for this. But that would require standing. I'll survive with the TV speakers.

Trakeena is such a great character, but with no disrespect--there are times I feel Amy Miller looked too mature for the role. I'm no expert in Alien space bugs though, so who am I to talk?

The Rangers are now chasing the Lights of Orion through space on the Astro Megaship. "Don't let them get away". This is kind of weird.

I really enjoy the use of the Jet Jammers.

It really sounds like Leo says "F*ck off" and flicks the Stingwinger--but I know it's "bug off!".

I just want to hug Terra Venture and all of you.

Magna Defender's pain attack is disturbing and his voice sounds less ridiculous and more appealing today.

Destruxo actually has the lights, I'm impressed.

Evil Lady Trakeena is talking to is freaking awesome.

Everybody is after everybody and this is getting confusing.

This is the evil lady disguised as Treacheron talking to Destruxo under the waterfall--right?

This "take these beads" thing is just so random. I'm trying so hard to pay attention.

Destruxo has activated the Lights and looks like crayfishy.

Okay Treacheron was indeed Evil Lady.

Okay Trakeena has setup Treacheron.

I still like the Quasar Launchers.

Inpostra! A name reveal I've been aching for. She's freaking rad. She was a main baddie in Gingaman right?

Dang--the way Magna Defender shoots Inpostra out dat tree!

Magna whacked Destruxo right in his lights.

The decision to destroy the lights brought them to the Rangers.

They have the Lights. That was gratifying.

Bye Destruxo.

The Lights kind of dumped Magna Defender (totally dumped TBH).

All in all, the episode is probably best when dissected. Far too much is jammed into one episode.
Old October 5th, 2018, 04:27 AM #85
> big smile
Power Ranger

big smile
Power Ranger

@IMTIRED Sorry to hear about your troubles but glad to see you post again. Don't worry about posting something regularly. I think the serendipity is part of the appeal of these threads. It's a bit like one of my favourite Power Ranger podcasts is No Pink Spandex and that alternates between having 5 episodes a week to sometimes only having a couple a year! But the randomness is all part of the fun.
big smile is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old October 5th, 2018, 05:39 AM #86
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Inpostra! A name reveal I've been aching for. She's freaking rad. She was a main baddie in Gingaman right?
Unfortunately, no. She only appeared in a couple of episodes.
Bluecatcinema is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2018, 06:00 AM #87
> SnowWolf25
Power Ranger

SnowWolf25
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema wrote: View Post

Unfortunately, no. She only appeared in a couple of episodes.
She says in this episode she'll "be back", but I don't think we ever see her again Lost Galaxy unless I'm wrong.
SnowWolf25 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2018, 07:41 AM #88
> SuperselfieRed
World's biggest sadboi

SuperselfieRed
World's biggest sadboi

SnowWolf25 wrote: View Post

She says in this episode she'll "be back", but I don't think we ever see her again Lost Galaxy unless I'm wrong.
Impostra, more like impasta because her attempt to return is... flaccid?

I wish I could supply a better pun
SuperselfieRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2018, 11:18 AM #89
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

SnowWolf25 wrote: View Post

No, but in the Sentai series, her counterpart made a return... only to be killed by Treacheron's counterpart.
Bluecatcinema is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2018, 12:49 PM #90
> AkaGreenPrimo
2222.GRIDMAN

AkaGreenPrimo
2222.GRIDMAN

"Orion Returns".

It really sounds like Leo says "F*ck off" and flicks the Stingwinger--but I know it's "bug off!".
"Let's can this fish" comes out as "bitch" to some people.

Power Rangers fans have bad hearing. They turn up the Wasserman music too high.

Evil Lady Trakeena is talking to is freaking awesome.
Of course she is, she's a monster wearing a bikini!

This "take these beads" thing is just so random. I'm trying so hard to pay attention.
Welcome to when writers have to work in Japanese influence.

I still like the Quasar Launchers.
Of course you do, the Ginga Beast Rods are one of the most unique weapons in Sentai history.

All in all, the episode is probably best when dissected. Far too much is jammed into one episode.
You know it's packed when the Rangers don't get their power-up until the last five minutes of the episode.
Old October 7th, 2018, 01:06 AM #91
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

I continue my "this is some awkward living" watch-though of Power Rangers Lost Galaxy tonight with Shark Attack Thank you for the kind and supportive comments!

How do The Shark Brothers (caught that one quick) know Trakeena set Treacheron up?

A map to the silver goblet. Why did this not sound familiar at all?

This is definitely a new level of villainous deceitful webs for Power Rangers. Everyone is trying to pull one over on everyone else.

Does Treacheron really think Scorpius will side with him over his own daughter?

Aaah Aaah Aah Ah Aah Aah....Rangers...TURN ON THE POWER!

So the map to the goblet was just a way of getting Trakeena cornered and alone?

I guess technically the Power Rangers just saved Trakeena's ass.

Once again, the instrumental background music is on point.

Ooh Trakeena girl you in trouble now.

Magna Defender is definitely an anti-hero. He was about to kill Trakeena!

It's tough bc obviously I already know it's Mike in there to some capacity. I can't remember if it was a revelation when we finally heard his voice in both Magna Defender and MIke's heads.

The Rangers didn't accomplish much in this battle. Trakeena was spared in large part due to their interference. This is not to their benefit when we look at the bigger picture of how the series ends up.

Leo gets harmed in battle a lot.

I'm not sure how I never noticed how awesome The Shark Brothers are. I guess my appreciation for the monsters of PR only increases with time. @Nendoramachine's amazing Monster thread has definitely contributed to this growing love as well.

Sexy, injured Leo.

Geeze--these Lights of Orion are a pain in the ass.

Mike & I have something in common: I too came to Leo in a dream

There's a lot of impressive back & fourth between US footage and Sentai in this battle sequence.

*sigh* The Lights of Orion.

Wait--when did the Red Ranger dishonor Treacheron? Cool battle nonetheless.

I kind of feel bad for Treacheron? I never paid him such close attention as this time. In spite of his words--he's been the honorable one among the baddies.

I would have liked to have seen Treacheron grow. Oh Well.

Yeah--not into The Lights of Orion. It looks really 70's. Ruins the Megazord for me (even though he was kinda 70's already with that facial hair).

It's really great watching Trakeena realize she can't fight. So far her character development is very complete and realized and consistent and she's an excellent addition to the franchise.

I was actually surprised to hear Scorpius tell Trakeena he would consider her as a general. I was grossed out by her stroking his tentacle.

Maya announcing she thinks Mike is alive was pretty well done and overall this is a very strong episode. Like it was top notch for the series. Nothing even felt tedious. It was well-paced and flowed right by. A good one.
Old October 7th, 2018, 04:43 AM #92
> big smile
Power Ranger

big smile
Power Ranger

Anyone notice that Destruxo had the Shogun Megazord sabre. What was that about? It's rare for Sentai to reuse main Zord props for monsters like that.
big smile is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2018, 09:10 AM #93
> J_S_P
Karate and Friendship

J_S_P
Karate and Friendship

I like the Orion additions to the suits, but it's dissapointing that they mostly amount to "the rangers run at the monster as a big energy rush".
J_S_P is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2018, 11:30 AM #94
> AkaGreenPrimo
2222.GRIDMAN

AkaGreenPrimo
2222.GRIDMAN

Shark Attack Thank you for the kind and supportive comments!

How do The Shark Brothers (caught that one quick) know Trakeena set Treacheron up?
They were trained by him, so they know he's honorable.

The Rangers didn't accomplish much in this battle. Trakeena was spared in large part due to their interference. This is not to their benefit when we look at the bigger picture of how the series ends up.
If they didn't protect the innocent, they wouldn't be the heroes.

Leo gets harmed in battle a lot.
That's what happens when you constantly put your body on the line.

I'm not sure how I never noticed how awesome The Shark Brothers are.
Probably their dumb PR voices.

I kind of feel bad for Treacheron? I never paid him such close attention as this time. In spite of his words--he's been the honorable one among the baddies.
The funny part is it's in spite of his own name.
Old October 7th, 2018, 03:33 PM #95
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

big smile wrote: View Post

Anyone notice that Destruxo had the Shogun Megazord sabre. What was that about? It's rare for Sentai to reuse main Zord props for monsters like that.
I didn't notice and now I really wish I had.

Probably their dumb PR voices.

The funny part is it's in spite of his own name.
Yeah I refrained from mentioning their voices. They were borderline for me.

And yes unlike say-Deviot-who's name clearly defined him, I'd say Treacheron somewhat defied his name.

Finally have a potential living situation to check out today! Wish me luck. Where's Terra Venture when I need it?

Last edited by IMTIRED; October 7th, 2018 at 09:33 PM.
Old October 10th, 2018, 12:36 AM #96
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

Good evening folks.

The maddening hunt for a new home continues.

And so does IMTIRED watches Power Rangers Lost Galaxy!

Up next:Redemption Day

Ready for Magna Defender to become good!

Ooh--the baddies ship is leaking fuel--how did this happen?

Do we really know if Maya has super powerful hearing, or just "senses" things?

Wow the Scorpion Stinger is going hard on Terra Venture.

Oh that's right--I'm starting to remember where this goes and what Magna Defender has planned.

Torozord rejecting Magna Defender must have been devastating. But what a hero!

That's Freaky Tiki, right? I remember his name. That was a brutal back attack he inflicted on Magna Defender.

Leo is a true hero.

Magna Defender revealing he knows Mike!!!!!!

Dang so he just laid in a crevice for 3,000 years in pain? That's brutal.

I'm only just realizing Magna saved Mike from the fall.

I am trying to understand what "stole Mike's spirit" and "switched lifeforces" means exactly. Magna Defender used Mike's body & spirit or what exactly to get out of the crevace?

White flowers.

It's a shame we didn't get to know Mike's goodness just a little more. We mainly just saw him as uptight/musclehead who willingly fell to his doom like a doof TBH.

OK so Magna used Mike's "lifeforce" to escape and Mike is essentially absorbed into him, right?

Of course Leo won't destroy him.

I just realized I'm riveted and that I really respect Leo's values. He won't destroy Magna because he isn't evil. That's that.

The Gingaman footage w/Zeka is W-E-I-R-D.

I've always struggled with how poor Zeka looks. Like why does it look like a cheap Halloween costume version of Magna? Sentai is like that though. Some props look SPECTACULAR and then some sets and other elements are shockingly basic.

Scorpius bug energy bolt murderer.

Scorpius IS the most unique main baddie in Power Ranger. The whole baddie empire of this series is really interesting.

The entire battle with Freaky Tiki was unremarkable.

So did Scorpius cause this volcano thing by siphoning the power from Terra Venture? Do I finally understand what is going on?

It would have been nice to see some flashbacks of Magna Defender doing heroic deeds with Zeka or pre-Zeka's demise.

The plastic flowers I mean why? Like they really do cheapen EVERYTHING. Why were Zeka and everything he touched so poorly executed? (I know I know because SENTAI).

Torozord's adoration for Magna Defender is adorable.

I wish the Gokaiger had gotten a Galactabeast.

OMG watching Magna Defender get blown to heck is absolutely upsetting.

I think I thought that Leo would become Magna Defender and Mike would resume as Red for a minute when I saw Leo holding his weapon.

Mournful Torozord

The return of Mike is really well done and for some reason this made me want to watch Digimon.

What a true Bromance.

Honestly it's a great episode and possibly one of the more emotional episodes ever in Power Rangers.
Old October 10th, 2018, 11:40 AM #97
> AkaGreenPrimo
2222.GRIDMAN

AkaGreenPrimo
2222.GRIDMAN

Redemption Day

Do we really know if Maya has super powerful hearing, or just "senses" things?
Senses. The Galactabeasts, the Lights, it was all determinate on her heart.

Torozord rejecting Magna Defender must have been devastating. But what a hero!
You know it's bad when your pet has stronger morals than you.

I am trying to understand what "stole Mike's spirit" and "switched lifeforces" means exactly. Magna Defender used Mike's body & spirit or what exactly to get out of the crevace?
It's Power Rangers, so it's lazy. But Magna Defender was too weak to escape on his own all that time, absorbed Mike to refresh himself and get free, and upon dying automatically released Mike in tact.

I've always struggled with how poor Zeka looks. Like why does it look like a cheap Halloween costume version of Magna? Sentai is like that though. Some props look SPECTACULAR and then some sets and other elements are shockingly basic.
Japan doesn't really do "quality whore". They're able to separate based on intent, in which the only goal of Zika's costume looking more fake than his big brother's was to visibly represent his immaturity.

It was supposed to be a cute joke, not lazy execution.

So did Scorpius cause this volcano thing by siphoning the power from Terra Venture? Do I finally understand what is going on?
That was the initial problem, yes. Magna Defender had to solve the problem he caused.
Old October 12th, 2018, 12:54 AM #98
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

Senses.

It's Power Rangers, so it's lazy. But Magna Defender was too weak to escape on his own all that time, absorbed Mike to refresh himself and get free, and upon dying automatically released Mike in tact.

It was supposed to be a cute joke, not lazy execution.

That was the initial problem, yes. Magna Defender had to solve the problem he caused.
Maybe it seems silly but thank you for clarifying these things!

Another night, another journey to Terra Venture.

Today we have "Destined For Greatness".

From what I recall, this episode is about Leo questioning his worthiness as Red Ranger. I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle the first episode with Mike back, as in most of the recent seasons that revolved around finding a missing character have seemed to just ignore the impact immediately after.

Immediately Leo is making a toast to Mike's return. Thank you, continuity! And the Magna Defender's weapon is sitting out in plain sight which is kind of awesome.

It's sad that I'm giddy over the fact the story is actually picking up where it left off.

It's actually lovely that the Rangers take a moment to honor Magna Defender and I'm glad they understand his sacrifice.

Leo's hair is like...combed down over his forehead today and it isn't looking so good.

Trakeena continues to push her agenda.

Wait--is this THIS episode? No wait....for a minute I was thinking this was when Scorpius gets defeated--when I saw Skeletron--but that's a different skeleton creature day, I think. I know Scorpius sticks around a while longer since we haven't seen the cocoon or Deviot yet. Anyway Skeletron looks cool.

Oh wow--the epic theme tune hadn't even started yet. Looks like this is going to be a long one lol

New Leo shots in the opening credits. Mike is in there too. Was Trakeena always in there? Wait--the whole sequence was new. I didn't realize we were that far in. Did the mid-season break happen after "Redemption Day"? I guess the Shout! DVD doesn't have the "Next time on Last Galaxy" that showed what was coming up in the 2nd half of the series.

I would love a replica of the Quasar Saber. A lot of ranger gear looks plasticy but they are actually pretty sweet looking. The etching on the blade is particularly nice.

Kendrix has new hair.

Oh so is Leo waiting for Mike so he can give him back the saber? That makes sense honestly. I'm so glad the series is addressing this. We really did used to have a legit show to Stan guys!

The connection to Magna Defender through the flowers is fine but WHY DO THEY HAVE TO LOOK SO FAKE?!?!?!

Skeletron has a pretty impressive power to capture all the Rangers with such ease.

Was there an action figure of Skeletron? Because he screams action figure. He also looks a bit like someone from Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. Man I wish that would get a DVD release already!

Dang, Skeletron really injured Leo.

The brothers dynamic is interesting. Mike seems changed. Definitely more gentle and less stern than when he left. Almost a role reversal between he and Leo at this point.

Skeletron and his skeleton altar are actually quite good for Halloween season viewing. There's some spooky music playing as well.

The look of confusion on Leo's face when he sees the skeleton hand puppet pretty much sums up my feelings about it as well.

The deflated Halloween costume! This episode should have been my PRLG Halloween episode (anyone remember those polls?).

Leo really IS the Red Ranger. Yay!

Bros!

Leo's eye color is rad.

I love seeing Leo wield the Red Quasar Saber unmorphed.

Leo only calls to Kendrix when the Rangers are freed from Skeletron, and the glance they share feels like we just missed something off-camera that brought their relationship closer.

Mike stands there like a badass while the others morph.

Nice US fight against the Stingwingers.

Meanwhile, back in Japan...

I still lack enthusiasm for the Lights of Orion shtick.

Skeletron has a spooky giant voice.

What am I saying? I want a replica of the Magna Saber Blaster or whatever it is called.

Torozord you beautiful cutie--you're back!

Hello coolest morpher ever. Which Sentai series is that morpher from again?

"I thought we left you on the practice moon". Wait what? You thought you just left a good man behind?

Mike's victory "Yes!" at the end makes me uncomfortable.

Another good episode. If any series were somehow to be upgraded to BluRay I would love it to be this one.
Old October 12th, 2018, 10:54 AM #99
> AkaGreenPrimo
2222.GRIDMAN

AkaGreenPrimo
2222.GRIDMAN

"Destined For Greatness".

Did the mid-season break happen after "Redemption Day"?
Yep. That was May, this was September.

Skeletron has a pretty impressive power to capture all the Rangers with such ease.
Like most of the MMPR monsters. Which is partly why I love the LG monsters.

The look of confusion on Leo's face when he sees the skeleton hand puppet pretty much sums up my feelings about it as well.
I LOVE that moment. It's so unnecessary and hilarious and cute all at the same time.

There's some spooky music playing as well.
This was the moment I officially fell in love with Lior Rosner and Inon Zur.

I want a replica of the Magna Saber Blaster or whatever it is called.
Ditto.

Hello coolest morpher ever. Which Sentai series is that morpher from again?
Dairanger, the one everyone always whines we never got adapted.

"I thought we left you on the practice moon". Wait what? You thought you just left a good man behind?
They didn't have time to search the place, that's why they gave the schedule.

Mike's victory "Yes!" at the end makes me uncomfortable.
Which was the intention.
Old October 12th, 2018, 12:30 PM #100
> J_S_P
Karate and Friendship

J_S_P
Karate and Friendship

I really like that Leo/Mike episode. Like you said, it (mostly) does a great job of integrating Mike back into the story rather than just acting like he's always been there. The dynamic presented between Mike and Leo--Leo being unsure of himself in comparison, Mike being competent and wanting to help but also wanting Leo to fulfill his destiny and be his own man--is surprisingly deep for this show, and while it would've been cool to see it over more episodes, it was fairly well executed.

I hate Zika. I hate the costume. I hate the voice. I love the Magna Defender's arc but it is weighed down by literally everything about Zika being so very dumb.
J_S_P is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote