Home Menu

Menu

Old September 17th, 2018, 01:53 PM #61
> IMTIRED
Power Ranger fan on Kauai

IMTIRED

Well that's a shame Hannah was just a one-off. Maybe something happened off-camera (like so much in the PRU).
IMTIRED is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2018, 03:59 PM #62
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

Hannah went off with Marge, Violet, Sarah Diaz, Penny, Jennifer, and George to the land of forgotten one-episode love interest
PineapplePizza is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 17th, 2018, 05:51 PM #63
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

Richie was a real star in comparison I guess.
Old September 19th, 2018, 12:47 AM #64
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

Already reached episode 9, the last one on disc 1 of my Shout Factory set.

Based on the name of tonight's episode, it's fairly obvious which episode this is. I can't remember too much about my initial reaction to the Magna Defender other than appreciating the way he combined with his Zord.

Let's create some new memories together as I begin
The Magna Defender

The caves.

"This is where I last saw Mike"--uh wasn't it a monster disguised as Mike? Was it even the same cave?

Did Furio seriously just kamikaze himself to blow up Leo?

Pretty badass/original debut for the Magna Defender.

Theme song joy.

I wonder why they were SO influenced by Starship Troopers.

Treacheron debuts and establishes Magna Defender is his arch rival. I am paying attention.

Another "moving mouth" monster.

Losing some blood to the brain from shirtless, bandaged, sweaty Leo.

It's actually cool knowing how things end up, that Leo immediately sensed his brothers presence there. It was just a coincidence.

Is Furio dead now?

I would just love--LOVE--an in-story mention/explanation of the Gingaman run. I know "they have animal powers" but what animal runs like that? I just find it distracting, albeit unique.

I got distracted by my cat being the cutest living organism. OK back to the cave.

The monster ran off and Leo is seeing something in the rocks I swear I have never been able to see....I just see rocks.

Oh it's Fireheart.

Oh right....Magna Defender's weird gravelly voice.

There are 2 MotD cool.

Leo's brother used to fight like that?

The Magna Defender's sword turning from saber to gun is sweet.

It's empty.

Finally we are given a glimpse of what the Lights of Orion are/were.

Magna Defender fell into a hole in the Earth. Things are starting to come together. It would have been even more logical if the hole had been opened by Furio but ho hum--he got exploded.

Trakeena sure is a lot more engaging than the giant blob bug Scorpius.

Individual Zord attacks--yas. The Zord forms of the Galactabeasts are freaking sweet. Pink & Yellow are kind of hard to see though.

Why did the Rangers interrupt Treacheron & Magna Defender's fight?

Magna Defender is like a brooding teenager.

All in all an entertaining episode, but not the best.

I will say, the Lights of Orion saga actually is making sense to me this time around.
Old September 19th, 2018, 11:30 AM #65
> AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

IMTIRED wrote: View Post

The Magna Defender

Did Furio seriously just kamikaze himself to blow up Leo?
And that's why it was awesome.

I wonder why they were SO influenced by Starship Troopers.
Free props, that's why.

Is Furio dead now?
Super dead.

The Magna Defender's sword turning from saber to gun is sweet.
The Magna Blaster is the best gun in PR history.
AkaGreenPrimo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2018, 12:11 PM #66
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

And that's why it was awesome.

Free props, that's why.
Oh--they were literally the same props?

I was also just thinking the giant bugs as villains thing.
Old September 19th, 2018, 02:57 PM #67
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

"This is where I last saw Mike"--uh wasn't it a monster disguised as Mike? Was it even the same cave?
Yes

Oh right....Magna Defender's weird gravelly voice.
I’m impressed it’s the same dude who did Goldar

Leo's brother used to fight like that?
I wonder if the line was translated straight from Gingaman. Where it would have made sense

Magna Defender fell into a hole in the Earth.
Mirinoi.

But to be fair we only know that because Mike fell down the same opening as the show never makes the connection that it would have been on Mirinoi. Just more “because Sentai” nonsense

Trakeena sure is a lot more engaging than the giant blob bug Scorpius.
I was surprised that the seeds for her character growth started early. There is a great momenr with her in either Shark Attack or Redemption Day.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 20th, 2018, 02:25 PM #68
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

PineapplePizza wrote: View Post

Mirinoi.

I was surprised that the seeds for her character growth started early. There is a great momenr with her in either Shark Attack or Redemption Day.
Duh Mirinoi. I knew this--just a slip of "writing".

I've also been impressed with how every second Trakeena is on screen has actually been developmental for her character. I remember thinking her taking the spotlight came out of nowhere back in the day but I was plain and simply incorrect.
Old September 20th, 2018, 03:30 PM #69
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

".

I've also been impressed with how every second Trakeena is on screen has actually been developmental for her character. I remember thinking her taking the spotlight came out of nowhere back in the day but I was plain and simply incorrect.
Dude me too. The way I remembered Trakeena was a nothing but a spoiled brat character who didn’t do anything of note until Villamax trained her other than frame Trecheron and try to steal the female beauty on Terra Venture. But they actually established that she wants to be a warrior and a conquerer pretty early on

The moment where she’s fighting some Sting Wingers in Shark Attack and tells herself “I’m no warrior” take me aback in a good way
Old September 21st, 2018, 01:45 AM #70
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

Dude me too. The way I remembered Trakeena was a nothing but a spoiled brat character who didn’t do anything of note until Villamax trained her other than frame Trecheron and try to steal the female beauty on Terra Venture. But they actually established that she wants to be a warrior and a conquerer pretty early on

The moment where she’s fighting some Sting Wingers in Shark Attack and tells herself “I’m no warrior” take me aback in a good way

Yeah she is basically immediately lurking and watching and trying to get into the action. Her rising from a semi-background character to lead villain probably just caught our young minds off guard.

I wasn't going to watch an episode tonight because I'm tired but actually I am feeling in the mood for Lost Galaxy so let's bust into Disc 2 and see what we find.

The Sunflower Search

This episode faced massive obstacles out the gate because nothing about the title sounded remotely cool or boyish to my 12 year old self.

FYI I am really happy with the pace I'm going through the season.

Well I totally didn't expect it to open with Magna Dender lamenting Zeka and recalling the destruction of his planet. How sunflowerry!

This Gingaman footage is so freaking awesome.

Scorpius must have seemed a lot cooler in the concept art. The totally static mid-body makes him seem like he's constantly a bug who has been stepped on and is slowly dying and it is not particularly intimidating although thinking about such a thing has made me profoundly sad.

Torozord!

Dang Scorpius' blob-ass just killed a magical power child/guardian friend.

"There lies a key" is I think the best part of the theme song along with "aah aah aah aah raaangers".

So "Fishface" or whatever his name is, is back.

Sunflowers! Throw this episode to the girls.

The episode really isn't bad. Magna Defender's recklessness is well portrayed.

"You'll never understand my pain"--ain't it the worst MG?

The absolute terror in the little girl's scream when Fisshface grabs her was jarring.

He's a sick effer for putting Magna Defender through this again.

Leo is giving Magna Defender solid advice about controlling his anger.

The Galactabeasts!

Torozord's entrance is absolutely awesome.

It is SO COOL that Magna Defender grows large, gets a new outfit, and is riding a giant almost-Galactabeast Bull Zord into battle.

How could anyone not want to go buy that toy?

I want to be a Torozord when I grow up.

Honestly it's a good episode but I am tired as heck so I lost focus here and there sorry for being a lazy ass.
Old September 21st, 2018, 01:38 PM #71
> AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

The Sunflower Search

So "Fishface" or whatever his name is, is back.
That's why they give the monsters such easy names, our haphazard memories are usually right!

He's a sick effer for putting Magna Defender through this again.
That's why he's so hated.

It is SO COOL that Magna Defender grows large, gets a new outfit, and is riding a giant almost-Galactabeast Bull Zord into battle.
Mega Defender was SO underutilized.
Old September 22nd, 2018, 02:10 PM #72
> Darkonda89
Power Ranger

Darkonda89
Power Ranger

Trakeena is one of my favorite villains from the show and I think her rise to power is why. So many villains we've had in recent seasons are pretty stagnant and don't really change. They are just evil and want to conquer for some reason. Trakeena had to sacrifice and make choices to get become a main villain. and we actually saw that. Heir To The Throne, An Evil Game, and Protect The Quasar Saber are some of my favorite episodes. She was very strong in the finale. I know a lot of people didn't like that Captain Mutiny was destroyed by her instead of the rangers, but I thought it was a great moment for her and really set her up as a powerful foe for Journey's End.

I wish they would have put more thought into her return in Trakeena's Revenge. It made no sense to turn her into that demon creature. I would love to see her return to the show or a movie somehow but I doubt that will happen.
Darkonda89 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2018, 12:43 AM #73
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

Darkonda89 wrote: View Post

Trakeena is one of my favorite villains from the show and I think her rise to power is why. So many villains we've had in recent seasons are pretty stagnant and don't really change. They are just evil and want to conquer for some reason. Trakeena had to sacrifice and make choices to get become a main villain. and we actually saw that. Heir To The Throne, An Evil Game, and Protect The Quasar Saber are some of my favorite episodes. She was very strong in the finale. I know a lot of people didn't like that Captain Mutiny was destroyed by her instead of the rangers, but I thought it was a great moment for her and really set her up as a powerful foe for Journey's End.

I wish they would have put more thought into her return in Trakeena's Revenge. It made no sense to turn her into that demon creature. I would love to see her return to the show or a movie somehow but I doubt that will happen.
I strongly agree.

Trakeena is perhaps the most relatable villain in the franchise. Other than the whole "evil" thing that is. We really see her go from little girl watching Daddy to full blown warrior heiress badass. Her motivation is even relatable.

It has been a while since I watched Lightspeed. Was the actress even back? I definitely remember her voice was different, but then so was Leo's! That teamup was weird.

I took last night off just wasn't in the zone but I am looking forward to sharing my thoughts on "Silent Sleep" with you all.

Seeing Maya with horses has me wondering what kind of creatures dwelled on Mirinoi. It really would have been cool if the Galactabeasts were tied to Mirinoi somehow rather than being random animals.

Has Leo worn this biker jacket before?

Great shot of Terra Venture and neat Jellyfish monster.

I love Power Rangers scenes at night without music.

It is SO MUC easier to focus on the action without the blaring instrumental music TBH. And this Gingaman night battle is absolutely beautiful.

Kai's "freezing" makeup makes him look like some kind of Geisha.

Icicled Alpha. Thinking of you, wherever you are, AngieYaz.

Mike's dog tags saving Leo through his costume is...confusing/original.

The Jellyfish might be my favorite monster design-wise of the season thus far.

It's impressive that Trakeena tried to use her sexuality to get into Treacheron's schemes. What a fun character. And I never noticed how tentacle-like her arms looked before.

Would it be correct to call Trakeena's current form her "larval state"? Or would more information be needed to jump to such a conclusion?

Handsome Leo seeing the bird is okay.

Trakeena is just so well handled. She must have been someone's creative muse. Seriously every instance she is on screen is telling her story. Seeing she was apparently completely ineffective in battle was a surprise. I can't remember if she battled the Rangers at all the last time we saw her in her battle suit.

Amy is a better actress than I remembered her to be. Did she do much beyond this?
Aside from marrying Reggie that is.

Wait--when did Magna Defender get the Lights of Orion?

I really can't believe I never noticed the awesomeness of the Magna Blaster during previous viewings. I can't take my eyes off it now. I don't often say this about PR where the majority of weapons look like plastic.

Leo really is trying to steal the lights from Magna Defender. For a noble cause, but still it's a bit awkward to watch. I guess he is Power Rangers' Robin Hood after all.

BUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The weird Red Ranger riding a horse moment is coming, right?

I guess if Leo can tame and ride a Galactabeast the whole horse segment isn't that farfetched.

I find it weird Jellyfish is riding a horse and that Leo's horse has a face hat.

Their battle is actually awesome and I was fully engrossed so screw logic. I see why they kept all this in PR.

Oh the lights were a decoy. Okay.

Red Ranger randomly being atop his Galactabeast talking to the Rangers in the Astreo Megaship felt random.

Now Trakeena is threatening Treacheron. She really is a great character.

Was that the first time Leo learns Scorpius killed Zeka?

All in all another entertaining episode, mostly thanks to good action and Trakeena's character showing herself more. It's a good first 10 episodes. A lot has happened already and I feel like I have a good--though basic--knowledge of who most of the Rangers are. I'd like to see more from Maya's perspective since she is the one really experiencing the most change in her daily life but I guess that ship has already sailed.

Aloha!
Old September 24th, 2018, 10:52 AM #74
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

The villains from turbo-lost galaxy were stellar.

It seems like the best PR villains were american made and werent limited to sentai footage.
More american made villains please.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2018, 11:23 AM #75
> AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

It has been a while since I watched Lightspeed. Was the actress even back? I definitely remember her voice was different, but then so was Leo's!
Amy Miller actually did come back for it, but she never actually appeared on screen due to a pay dispute. She walked off set, so the role was given to a Jennifer Burns (which is presumably where the creative choice to give Trakeena a mask came from). Said dispute is where Danny Slavin agreed, so he too walked off set after filming his scenes, thus another actor was brought in to perform his ADR session.

The whole thing still doesn't make much sense to me, given why terms were still being ironed out after filming had already commenced, how Slavin could legally get away with not completing his work, and why Reggie of all people would complete his work when his own wife was done so dirty by MMPR Productions Inc.

What also made the episode weird was filming took place long before its placement in the chronology, so the acting and writing lacked the tonality that comes with age and comfort. Anywho...

I am looking forward to sharing my thoughts on "Silent Sleep" with you all.

Has Leo worn this biker jacket before?
Nope, Suddenly, the writers need to hit us over the head with how much of a rebel he is...

Great shot of Terra Venture and neat Jellyfish monster.
The neatest Jellyfish monster.

I love Power Rangers scenes at night without music.
Both stylistic choices are so rare for the franchise. I love when PR goes there.

Kai's "freezing" makeup makes him look like some kind of Geisha.

Mike's dog tags saving Leo through his costume is...confusing/original.
Leo's sentimentality tends to benefit him greatly this season.

The Jellyfish might be my favorite monster design-wise of the season thus far.
He's my favorite of all time.

Would it be correct to call Trakeena's current form her "larval state"? Or would more information be needed to jump to such a conclusion?
Since her biology is designed for a cocoon later, that sounds about right.

Wait--when did Magna Defender get the Lights of Orion?
Exactly.

I really can't believe I never noticed the awesomeness of the Magna Blaster during previous viewings. I can't take my eyes off it now. I don't often say this about PR where the majority of weapons look like plastic.
Yeah, it's definitely hardcore.

Leo really is trying to steal the lights from Magna Defender. For a noble cause, but still it's a bit awkward to watch. I guess he is Power Rangers' Robin Hood after all.
When the person something belongs to is trying to kill people, even if those people are bad guys, I think the idea of theft gets thrown out.

I find it weird Jellyfish is riding a horse and that Leo's horse has a face hat.
The "face hat" is called a fly mask or fly veil.

Their battle is actually awesome and I was fully engrossed so screw logic. I see why they kept all this in PR.
It was definitely, Sentai or not.
Old September 24th, 2018, 12:04 PM #76
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

The villains from turbo-lost galaxy were stellar.

It seems like the best PR villains were american made and werent limited to sentai footage.
More american made villains please.
Now that I have watched more Sentai series, it makes sense really. They generally have a different storytelling structure and far less development on the villains-side. Of course there are seasons like Toqger where I personally find the villains far more compelling than the Rangers, but in the bulk of the more recent Sentai I have watched, the villains are fairly one dimensional "pure evil embodiment" types.

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

Amy Miller actually did come back for it, but she never actually appeared on screen due to a pay dispute. She walked off set, so the role was given to a Jennifer Burns (which is presumably where the creative choice to give Trakeena a mask came from). Said dispute is where Danny Slavin agreed, so he too walked off set after filming his scenes, thus another actor was brought in to perform his ADR session.

The whole thing still doesn't make much sense to me, given why terms were still being ironed out after filming had already commenced, how Slavin could legally get away with not completing his work, and why Reggie of all people would complete his work when his own wife was done so dirty by MMPR Productions Inc.

What also made the episode weird was filming took place long before its placement in the chronology, so the acting and writing lacked the tonality that comes with age and comfort. Anywho...

Nope, Suddenly, the writers need to hit us over the head with how much of a rebel he is...

The neatest Jellyfish monster.

Both stylistic choices are so rare for the franchise. I love when PR goes there.

https://i.imgur.com/civkHif.gif

Leo's sentimentality tends to benefit him greatly this season.

He's my favorite of all time.

Since her biology is designed for a cocoon later, that sounds about right.

Exactly.

Yeah, it's definitely hardcore.

When the person something belongs to is trying to kill people, even if those people are bad guys, I think the idea of theft gets thrown out.

The "face hat" is called a fly mask or fly veil.

It was definitely, Sentai or not.
So much good info here. I don't really know how to reply point by point like you do (maybe I'll look into that).

I knew there were all kinds of issues with the LG cast during the LR team up episodes but it has been a while since I refreshed my memory on what really went down, and it certainly is odd.

Glad you're a Jellyfish fan as well. I think the writers/producers were too and that's why they retained so much of his badassery and gave him an air of real strength.

The Power Fly Mask is random. I kept thinking about the episode of MMPRS2 where Aisha's is fire captain and the monster rode a horse.
Old September 26th, 2018, 01:11 AM #77
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

Whether you wanted it or not--I am back for another exciting installment of Power Rangers Lost Galaxy.

Tonight live from Hawaii we present "Orion Rising"

Kendrix is smart, beautiful, kind, and can bake? Marry me.

James Dean. That's who Leo's jacket reminds me of.

Goodness but Maya is so exquisite. Funny how she kind of has a "habitat" rather than a dorm.

I wish I were clueless enough to eat a cake.

Oh Gosh. I just remembered I have to take the trash out tonight--and it's raining! This is what happens when I allow myself to think of reality during the theme tune.

The throwing cake/overall episode theme feels very Sentai-like.

I love the Turbo noise when the girls run into the forcefield.

Haven't caught the monster's name but he is cool. Reminds me of someone out of Samurai Pizza Cats

The boys on their chauvinism cycles always gets me.

Everyone running out of air is a pretty serious threat. In all honesty the LG MotDs have mostly presented fairly serious threats thus far.

Maya's wound looks like a temporary tattoo. Man those were cool.

Sorry as sad as "Can you make more air?" is I am just ROFLing at mini Maya/Kendrix.

Maya finally figuring out it was a birhday cake she gluttonously devoured irks me for some reason. Kendrix hadn't explained this at some point? Either way, it is definitely rude to eat someone else's cake--birthday cake or not. Of course I know Maya is from a different culture so I ain't mad at her I just find it frustrating there was so much miscommunication here. I don't want Three's Company plotlines in Power Rangers.

OK Kendrix has realized friendship is what matters and Maya has realized it wasn't her cake so now let's play Power Rangers.

It's nice to see the Gorilla Galactabeast in action while Magna Defender continues to show wanton disregard for human life.

Oh, Green & Red are getting in on it too. It would have been cool to see some close-ups of the Green Ranger riding the Condor Galactabeast sometime.

Magna Defender isn't well. He fled like a wounded animal.

I just noticed the monster has crayfish heads on his shoulders. Brilliant.

I love seeing the Yellow Ranger's Quasar Saber attack.

Everyone can breathe again and nothing of value was lost.

Did the Samurai Crayfish Monster legit finally find the Lights?

The Lights straight took off.

Monster lives.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACK!

Now I really want cake. I always want cake. Send me cake.

That wasn't the most exciting episode but I guess it had to happen. If it were just one per week I might have been disappointed. At least the story is moved forward. The Lights of Orion officially are an entity.
Old September 26th, 2018, 10:50 AM #78
> AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

"Orion Rising"

James Dean. That's who Leo's jacket reminds me of.
That was the goal.

Haven't caught the monster's name but he is cool. Reminds me of someone out of Samurai Pizza Cats
Destruxo.

Maya finally figuring out it was a birhday cake she gluttonously devoured irks me for some reason. Kendrix hadn't explained this at some point? Either way, it is definitely rude to eat someone else's cake--birthday cake or not. Of course I know Maya is from a different culture so I ain't mad at her I just find it frustrating there was so much miscommunication here.
That's why Kendrix apologized, she got angry instead of explaining when Maya made it clear her civilization shares, permission isn't a concept she learned.

Did the Samurai Crayfish Monster legit finally find the Lights?
That was how I felt when they finally showed up.
Old September 26th, 2018, 06:56 PM #79
> J_S_P
Karate and Friendship

J_S_P
Karate and Friendship

As much as I dislike characters having one outfit they constantly wear, I'm glad they eventually settled on one for Leo just to get that doofy leather jacket off the screen. He looks so silly in it, it doesn't even fit him well, it's huge.
J_S_P is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2018, 11:16 PM #80
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Hannah went off with Marge, Violet, Sarah Diaz, Penny, Jennifer, and George to the land of forgotten one-episode love interest
Don't forget about Heather.
AdrenalineRush is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote