Home Menu

Menu

Old January 4th, 2019, 02:02 PM #221
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

I'll need to check but I think the split was a thing in Gingaman for the other Megazords - both of them coming in to help.

It's definitely an action heavy episode, but the drama is serious and Grunchor is an unusually non-humanoid monster. Very few monsters try to eat a Megazord.

As noted by Akumaru, this was the final battle (Grunchor is basically an evil mutation of Titanisaur's cells, the use of fire attacks was to prevent any pieces of THIS monster growing and causing havoc again). The final battle on foot against Mutiny isn't super long, and relies on some plot points that were excised.
tremor3258 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 4th, 2019, 02:06 PM #222
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

IMTIRED wrote: View Post

Grunchor On The Loose

I'm not down with this whole reality tv "let's replay the end of the last episode as the beginning of this one" thing they've done a few times lately (by lately I mean 1999).
I love when they do that, since it's seamless as opposed to a recap sequence.

Grunchor has burried into the ground. Which has me wondering what the "earth" is like in a space colony. How deep does it run?
Deep enough for the subway system the guys used to go under Destruxo's forcefield.

Deviot is working for Captain Mutiny now...was I not paying attention or something?
Mutiny mentions being in trouble with Trakeena for Deviot showing up, but he assures the Captain she won't find out.

I get some gratification from seeing Maya take a few jabs at Deviot with her saber.
Sniveling Deviot is my favorite Deviot.

I'm really sorry Mike didn't get a little more focus after he came back. In retrospect, it makes the lack of Ryan/Titanium Ranger focus past his initial arc a bit more status-quo. They definitely weren't trying to make a new Tommy during these seasons--let's put it that way.
Even Tommy wasn't supposed to be a thing. The Green Candle was planned to be the end for his character.

Barbarax is really cool and menacing looking. Definitely an intimidating general at first glance.
Again, I loved all of Gingaman's hulking brute designs.

Dang I'm surprised a shot of an axe to a monster's head made it in.
As long as the axe didn't chop his head off, it's fine.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2019, 03:40 AM #223
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

tremor3258 wrote: View Post

I'll need to check but I think the split was a thing in Gingaman for the other Megazords - both of them coming in to help.

It's definitely an action heavy episode, but the drama is serious and Grunchor is an unusually non-humanoid monster. Very few monsters try to eat a Megazord.

As noted by Akumaru, this was the final battle (Grunchor is basically an evil mutation of Titanisaur's cells, the use of fire attacks was to prevent any pieces of THIS monster growing and causing havoc again). The final battle on foot against Mutiny isn't super long, and relies on some plot points that were excised.
The Gruchor and Titanisour were basic the Heavy Monsters in Captain Mutiny arsenal, because the villans in Gingaman I liked most, for this point I Kegler counterpart already gone. The Final Battle agaisnt Mutiny was not so big, because they battle Titanisaur too.

Gruchor and Titanisaur were big Threat for Gigaman, and had intense battles aganst them.
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 5th, 2019, 10:09 PM #224
> IMTIRED
Power Ranger fan on Kauai

IMTIRED

I knew Grunchor screamed "Sentai Final Baddie". He is pretty awesome. Thank you for contributing this information!

AkaGreenPrimo wrote: View Post

I love when they do that, since it's seamless as opposed to a recap sequence.

Deep enough for the subway system the guys used to go under Destruxo's forcefield.

Even Tommy wasn't supposed to be a thing. The Green Candle was planned to be the end for his character.

As long as the axe didn't chop his head off, it's fine.
-If they didn't have the recap and the repeated segment, I'd agree with you, possibly.

-Good point about the Subway systems.

-I know the Tommy story but surely it would have been easy to expect them to want another character to take off...although maybe not? As that was counter-productive to the formula of a fresh cast each year. I guess they just did their best to have 6th Rangers that shifted toys but didn't steal the spotlight too much from the core 5.

-LOL
IMTIRED is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2019, 10:16 PM #225
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

I just realized your name is probably pronounced "I'm tired", I've been reading it as "Imtee Red" until now.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2019, 12:46 AM #226
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

Salted Pepper wrote: View Post

I just realized your name is probably pronounced "I'm tired", I've been reading it as "Imtee Red" until now.
Hilarious!

My username is SO LAME. It was created back in summer 2003. I contracted mono like immediately after high school graduation. I was a party kid teenager but mono knocked me out and kept me indoors. I had lurked Power Rangers Central and RangerBoard for a while and finally needed to join but was very embarrassed about outing myself as a PR fan. Anyway mono makes you very tired and that was my self-identity at the time hence IMTIRED joined RangerBoard. I seriously thought about VIP status to change it a while back but whatever, what's in a name?

So tonight we have the anti-climax of clip show episode Until Sunset

I don't expect to have as much to say about this one as I don't feel the need to make ironic comments about the clips (though I reserve the right to). A clipshow was never a welcomed sight, but at least we got some sweaty Leo to make it awkwardly bearable? I can't remember like, who the MoTD is but I already know the episode is Leo and Damon chained with their arms up, reminiscing about the season. They're to be executed at sunset but are found by the rest of the Ranger team (on Jet Jammers) in the nick of time. Hopefully there's at least some thread of the main plot propelled forward that I can't remember, that will be worth commenting on. Hexuba should be showing up soon.

Does the great looking planet Captain Mutiny dwells on have a name?

It was pretty easy to capture Damon and Leo.

Theme TUNE.

I do love that Kendrix remains in the credits.

I think the episode would have been a little better if it had been Leo & Mike.

I think the Power Rangers Lost Galaxy 2 part premiere is my favorite one in PR. So much epicness.

This season has really accomplished a lot since the premiere.

Wow they're really devoting a lot of time to recapping the premiere.

Magna Defender and his cool ass gravelly voice. Oh what fun those days were!

I'm currently prone towards thinking PRLG is my favorite series of Power Rangers. While seasons like Time Force and Wild Force and RPM have stronger stories, I think PRLG is really an all arounder.

Awkward line alert: "Trakeena was just like her dad--evil to the bone, tough as nails--and cute!" JUST like that super hottie Scorpius

They're hitting all the key points, but this episode really isn't capturing the scale of this series very well. It feels more like an extended "This season, on Power Rangers Lost Galaxy!".

That MotD might be the least inspired one of the entire season.

OMG it's the others, on Jet Jammers! I did not see that coming!

Rad shot of Captain Mutiny and co. leaving for Titanosaur.

Kill the ugly MotD dead, Red Armored Ranger.

The bells in the theme song are what do it. I also dream of a Christmas mix of the Power Rangers Lost Galaxy instrumental theme. I can totally hear it in my head.

Spoiler Alert from not pausing episode before "Next Time...": Yep, Hexuba is up next!

So yeah that was exactly what I said it was and I have no further comment. There was no seedling of plot furtherment. The episode could be skipped and it would not make a different so I may do that during future viewings.
Old January 6th, 2019, 01:26 AM #227
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Hilarious!

My username is SO LAME. It was created back in summer 2003. I contracted mono like immediately after high school graduation. I was a party kid teenager but mono knocked me out and kept me indoors. I had lurked Power Rangers Central and RangerBoard for a while and finally needed to join but was very embarrassed about outing myself as a PR fan. Anyway mono makes you very tired and that was my self-identity at the time hence IMTIRED joined RangerBoard. I seriously thought about VIP status to change it a while back but whatever, what's in a name?
I blame sentai, everything that ends with red looks like a toku hero to me.

I don't think I've rewatched Until Sunset since it originally aired, I even skipped it on the DVDs, sometimes clipshows are entertaining, this one was not.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2019, 04:13 AM #228
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

"Until Sunset"

The Opening scene with the Leo and Damon flee of Swobbies, and captured be Deviot and Barbarax, Deviot impacient to destroy the Rangers but them had give the honor to Captain Mutiny.

Leo and Damon remember there times since becames Power Rangers, basic the important events in Lost Galaxy since the Premiere until the Rangers enter in Lost Galaxy.

Seems both of they coming to Captain Mutiny planet and dont tell to the others, the Rangers coming with the Jet Hammers and save them, They Morph and Leo used the Battlelyzer, nice to heard the intrumental theme of the season.

The End..seems now we are going again to the big Weapons now with Hexuga next...well I never liked much of the clipshows unless they contributed for story purposes, that happens with OO, and others seasons...
Old January 6th, 2019, 06:20 PM #229
> Darkonda89
Power Ranger

Darkonda89
Power Ranger

I always thought they should have moved the 2 Hexuba episodes to before "Enter The Lost Galaxy" and have her be a long time subject of Scorpius to add a little backstory. She resurrects several of Scorpius and Trakeena's monsters so it would make more sense to have her there. Then they could have Deviot be the one to suggest to Hexuba that Treacheron be resurrected thinking that he could destroy Trakeena, only to have Trakeena destroy him in a fight. That would have shown Trakeena's progress as a character and built her up as even more of a threat. It also would have ousted Deviot as a traitor and give him a reason to "strike" in the next episode and steal the galaxy book in "Enter the Lost Galaxy". It also would have given us us a little more Trakeena and a little less Captain Mutiny.

Just a thought. This season is definitely my favorite. The last four episodes of the season are very well done.
Darkonda89 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2019, 08:01 PM #230
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

Maybe not the best clipshow, but maybe the one time Rangers comment on someone is cute while not dating them.

Also - were they working on the slave situation this episode?
I know they go back later
Old January 8th, 2019, 03:22 PM #231
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

Until Sunset

Does the great looking planet Captain Mutiny dwells on have a name?
I don't know, Captain Mutiny's planet?

That MotD might be the least inspired one of the entire season.
It honestly felt more like a monster from Timeranger than from Gingaman.
Old January 8th, 2019, 03:32 PM #232
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

I was curious - Rangerwiki says he's unused from Beetleborg Metallix's original source.

The Machine Empire generals he ain't.
Old January 11th, 2019, 12:46 AM #233
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

Darkonda89 wrote: View Post

I always thought they should have moved the 2 Hexuba episodes to before "Enter The Lost Galaxy" and have her be a long time subject of Scorpius to add a little backstory. She resurrects several of Scorpius and Trakeena's monsters so it would make more sense to have her there. Then they could have Deviot be the one to suggest to Hexuba that Treacheron be resurrected thinking that he could destroy Trakeena, only to have Trakeena destroy him in a fight. That would have shown Trakeena's progress as a character and built her up as even more of a threat. It also would have ousted Deviot as a traitor and give him a reason to "strike" in the next episode and steal the galaxy book in "Enter the Lost Galaxy". It also would have given us us a little more Trakeena and a little less Captain Mutiny.

Just a thought. This season is definitely my favorite. The last four episodes of the season are very well done.
I like your idea but I think letting us think Trakeena was a memory and then bringing her back with a vengeance right before the finale was a good way to keep things from getting too stagnant.

Also - were they working on the slave situation this episode?
I know they go back later
I honestly can't remember.

I was curious - Rangerwiki says he's unused from Beetleborg Metallix's original source.

The Machine Empire generals he ain't.
Very interesting that we all easily clocked that this monster did not belong.

Tonight I'll be watching Dream Battle.

And honestly I can't remember a thing about it off the top of my head.

Hexuba's purple sparkly bra!

Hexuba having the same voice as the bad lady in S1 of Beetleborgs!

Who the heck is Hexuba? (Obviously evil minion but....she kinda came out of nowhere....not that this is unusual in PRU)

Some kind of electrical storm appears to be taking place on Terra Venture.

Appears to be a Damon episode. How sad that he truly is my forgotten Ranger.

Absolutely love and appreciate that Saban put fourth the effort to create Hexuba's lair. It is simple but effective and adds yet another colorful location to this rich universe.

NOW I REMEMBER! The sleep flowers. Everyone falls asleep and end up stuck in a dream battle they can't escape/beat. The flowers triggered me.

Pretty cool to see the Green Ranger on what appears to be Mirinoi.

There's another figure (goldish with a cape or something) who falls down as the rock is rising up. Who dat? (obviously someone from GIngaman).

Wow the theme tune starts pretty late into this episode.

The shot of the crashed Jet Jammer is rad. This kind of reminds me of that weird episode of Lightspeed Rescue where Carter has that simulation thing.

Good to see you Leo.

Now it's Kai's turn to smell the flowers and have a nightmare. "Crystal of Nightmares" teas.

Very cool twist--Twilight Zone-esque--when we see the damage to Damon's Jet Jammer was REAL.

Burning through some Gingaman Swabbie fight footage, I see.

Hexuba is pretty cool. He voice isn't exactly like female Beetleborg S1 baddie but it's darn similar I suspect it is the same actress.

It is rather fascinating to watch these fight scenes that are total tapestries of Sentai and original footage.

Don't you smell those flowers Leo!

He smelt 'em.

They all smelled the flowers! We're in trouble now.

I think I would have tried to morph to see if that would keep me from falling under the flowers' spell.

I enjoyed the snow footage.

Another hulking brute monster!

I love it when the Rangers are knocked into a body of water.

It was very foolish of Hexuba to bring Mike to her lair TBH.

The monster kind of reminds me of a powered-up Barbarax.

It's hard to remember the Rangers are supposed to still be in a nightmare.

Nice slow rollout of the Zord combining.

I meant to say it before--Terri is beautiful.

Entertaining episode I'd probably rank as "Good". A bit unfortunate that Damon's plot was somewhat shoehorned in again, but in no way surprising. I did appreciate Mike getting his moment against Hexuba. This series must have the most colorful assortment of "main" baddies ever. So many distinct generals and personalities.
Old January 11th, 2019, 01:15 AM #234
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

Dream Battle.

Hexuba's purple sparkly bra!
You were a trouble child growing up, weren't you?

NOW I REMEMBER! The sleep flowers. Everyone falls asleep and end up stuck in a dream battle they can't escape/beat. The flowers triggered me.
No, don't let the flowers trigger you, that's where the problem starts!

Hexuba is pretty cool. He voice isn't exactly like female Beetleborg S1 baddie but it's darn similar I suspect it is the same actress.
Rajia Baroudi, who played White Aquitar Ranger Delphine, museum curator Azina in "The Potion Notion", and the voice of Jara in Beetleborgs.

It was very foolish of Hexuba to bring Mike to her lair TBH.
She didn't bring him, that's where the locked door led to. Like a video game villain.
Old January 11th, 2019, 01:59 AM #235
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

WHOAH Rajia played Jara and Hexuba? I legit did not know that.
a squad is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 03:20 AM #236
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

" Dream Battle "

The Opening scene with Hexuba and Captain Mutiny, she could be another Minion or general of Captain Mutiny Ranks, and the electric storm take over of Terra Venture.

Damon help a girl in Terra Venture, and he receives some flowers and put him Sleep and he sees and the Rangers later one follow in Sleep and enter in a infinity Battle aganst the Captain Mutiny forces and the Monster.

Mike Findinf the Hiding place of Hexuba was cool, nice to see face the Monster, and Mike destroyed the Orb, and the Rangers regain the vantage in the battle, nice to see the slow footage of the Galaxy Megazord.

Hexuba plans revenge aganst the Rangers, and Mutiny warning her about if she fails again.

If Hexuba had been show up during the Started of the Lost Galaxy Arc, in the Titanisaur Palace had been cool, but we know in Power Rangers, some minions always hsow up coming from nowwhere, but Hexuba seems a Sorcerer in the Lost Galaxy
Old January 11th, 2019, 01:30 PM #237
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

Dream Battle - I see why Hexuba was brought in, she nearly gets the Rangers here. I'd have liked if something like Mutiny having to do a big pile of treasure or something which is why he didn't try these from the start.

I'll admit, there's some footage that could be used that inspired the reward thought. Hexuba's original was probably the least loyal of Mutiny's generals in Gingaman, and was operating for a large cash payout. Her endgame started when Mutiny got irritated at Monster of the Weeking and started to reduce the payout.

Damon's dream having real world consequences is both creepy and adds more than just 'the Rangers shall sleep FOREVER!' to the proceedings.

I love it when the Rangers are knocked into a body of water
It should be a really simple effect but it always looks good and seems Sentai-exclusive, doesn't it?
Old January 11th, 2019, 02:17 PM #238
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

The Generals of Captain Mutiny in Gingaman had there personal games, consider even Kegler in Gingaman in mine opinion is one the most interesthing character, because was loyal to the Captain them he change sides.

The Footage of Gingaman for Lost Galaxy season they really handle well the footage consider the fact the Lost Galaxy had the best footage from the Gingaman if we consider the next episodes in Lost Galaxy.

Every general of Captain Mutiny in Gingaman had there personal aspects and well in Gingaman there is no Scorpious/Trakeena

Consider the fact Goseiger had the concept of Muti-factions during the Sentai, and some Sentai fans tell started in Goseiger I think started more soon with Gingaman !!

Last edited by Akumaru; January 11th, 2019 at 02:24 PM.
Old January 13th, 2019, 12:37 AM #239
> IMTIRED

IMTIRED

The finale draws closer and I have mixed feelings about that. It has been really fun sharing my journey through Power Rangers Lost Galaxy with you all.

Tonight I'll be watching "Hexuba's Graveyard"

This is a fun take on the traditional "returning previous baddies" episode IIRC.

Hexuba's cloud-in-space-graveyard-victorian-mansion-base is cool and somehow makes sense after Captain Mutiny's castle dinosaur locale has been established.

I think this is the episode we chose as the official Lost Galaxy Halloween episode in a poll I did some years back.

Even the opening credits are exciting this series.

In honor of Ray Z happy 20th anniversary of ...Baby One More Time.

Texa (? Basket Head guy) is kicking the Rangers' butts.

The purple colorful galaxy is so beaute.

Leo's Lightsaber Quasar Launcher moment is awesome.

I'm actually enjoying this trip down monster memory lane.

Y'all should see how cute my cat is laying on his back on the floor right now.

We are also getting to see all kind of finishing moves in one episode which is kind of cool.

I really wish they would say each monster's name again.

They really missed a trick not having Scorpius come back in this episode. That would have really upped the anti.

Hexuba really has an incredible silhouette.

Lightning striking a grave and freeing a monster is low key awesome.

Magna Defender's fighting style is so badass. I really hope if nothing else, after this watch-through of LG, I get that lodged into my consciousness. I LIKE MAGNA DEFENDER. For some reason I never remember that.

"Sea-Anemone-headed Egyptian Monkey-faced Monster" is so, so cool.

Holy crap--Kai just destroyed Hexuba and her entire awesome base by breaking her crystal ball into the cauldron. I'm kind of bummed.

I feel all existing spirit monsters should vanish now.

Quakemaker finally made it so that clearly is not the case. But knowing no more monsters should be coming does make it feel like the Rangers are gaining the advantage.

Woah it's Hexuba and she knows how to make an entrance!

Why/how does she have her crystal again?

Hexuba's makeover/upgrade...I don't like it.

Red Armored Ranger is drastically different from the previous season's Battlizer--way to go design team. Would this be designed by Bandai?

It is nice to see Torozord again.

Very enjoyable Zord footage.

Hexuba chose the wrong team to stand against.

I would like to see a mini-Hexuba akin to the mini-Magna Defender.

Well this is it. We are headed towards our finale arc. The fuel has been tampered with. Terra Venture isn't going to be able to continue operating.

It's a terrifying scenario to end on. That's an overall entertaining episode. A bit lacking in any character story but then this Lost Galaxy arc has overall let those take a back seat to burning through interesting Gingaman footage.
Old January 13th, 2019, 03:22 AM #240
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

I always had it in my head that the reason Terra Venture started having those problems in the end of the episode was beacause they never really destroyed that one monster and he managed to attack the engines somehow.

Last edited by a squad; January 18th, 2019 at 07:34 PM.
a squad is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote