Home Menu

Menu


Closed
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2018, 04:44 PM #41
PineapplePizza's Avatar
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,025
PineapplePizza
Power Ranger
PineapplePizza's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,025



Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

Kid fighting is probably a liability. Drew's actor on BB was also accomplished at martial artist, based on BTS video of him with the stunties, but those skills weren't applied to the show.
Did the Beetleborgs like ever fight unborged? Even with their civilian powers I don’ t think they used them much.


. The kid had skill and acting chops. But the concept was the problem for audiences.
His acting was pretty bad in the first half but I think an acting coach must have worked with him cause he got better
PineapplePizza is offline    
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 1st, 2018, 04:49 PM #42
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 80,340
AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 80,340



Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

Kid fighting is probably a liability.
But that's the thing, it didn't even have to be fighting. Jason David Frank got to do a kata with a frickin' handkerchief just to scare off Bulk and Skull.

There had to be ONE opportunity somewhere for Justin to do a handspring or backflip or something while he was playing soccer with Nico or defending himself from Robo-Ashley.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline    
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 1st, 2018, 04:52 PM #43
AkaGreen's Avatar
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,535
AkaGreen
JusticeForK
AkaGreen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,535



GokaiGold wrote: View Post

I think in show it's not that bad. That could be my bias in really wanting a woman for Skyblue.
It was about the same.



He's even a little shorter than Hammy. I'd be more surprised if they didn't make Skyblue a kid, boy or girl.
AkaGreen is offline    
Old September 1st, 2018, 05:17 PM #44
Zeo Cereal's Avatar
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,542
Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster
Zeo Cereal's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,542



PineapplePizza wrote: View Post

Even with their civilian powers I don’ t think they used them much.
Beetleborgs used their special powers more often than any Ranger team. However, they weren't often used in combat. They were utilities to let the kids interact with the world in a less helpless manner.


PineapplePizza wrote: View Post

His acting was pretty bad in the first half but I think an acting coach must have worked with him cause he got better
If I remember right, Shuki scouted Blake through their joint venture, Rusty: A Dog's Tale. Not sure why the film was delayed to 1998, but Blake's acting wasn't anything to write home about.

The improvement in his acting lines up with improved material. All of his other projects from that era were equally-weighted schlock, the Justin role for S2 and Space stands in contrast to the likes of Casper Meets Wendy.

PineapplePizza wrote: View Post

unborged


hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

But that's the thing, it didn't even have to be fighting. Jason David Frank got to do a kata with a frickin' handkerchief just to scare off Bulk and Skull.

There had to be ONE opportunity somewhere for Justin to do a handspring or backflip or something while he was playing soccer with Nico or defending himself from Robo-Ashley.
You're not wrong. I wish the character, and Blake's skills, weren't left so untapped.

The Justin fights are so anti-climactic. At least Beetleborgs didn't promise fights and fail to deliver. The way Justin bursts in to fight scenes and then does nothing is disappointing.

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; September 1st, 2018 at 05:25 PM.
Zeo Cereal is offline    
Old September 1st, 2018, 05:32 PM #45
SnowWolf25's Avatar
> SnowWolf25
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 779
SnowWolf25
Power Ranger
SnowWolf25's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 779



GreenMystechRanger wrote: View Post

It was about the same.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-88JSJ78Zg...-Kyuranger.jpg

He's even a little shorter than Hammy. I'd be more surprised if they didn't make Skyblue a kid, boy or girl.
Or they could just make him/her someone whose really short.
SnowWolf25 is offline    
Old September 1st, 2018, 06:14 PM #46
mmprfan09's Avatar
> mmprfan09
One In A Million
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,352
mmprfan09
One In A Million
mmprfan09's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,352



Soo Idk if it has been brought up,

But Blake Foster (Justin from Turbo) is trying to get casted as the Gold ranger from Beast Morphers.

How you guys feel about that?
mmprfan09 is offline    
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 1st, 2018, 06:19 PM #47
Xenotome's Avatar
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 29,963
Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 29,963



That it's incredibly sad and they've already cast Gold... so I'm not exactly sure what he's trying for...
Xenotome is offline    
Old September 1st, 2018, 06:19 PM #48
Storm Eagle's Avatar
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,432
Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,432



EDIT: Okay just forget it.
Storm Eagle is offline    
Old September 1st, 2018, 06:20 PM #49
timegold's Avatar
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,240
timegold
Destroyer of Particles
timegold's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,240



mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Soo Idk if it has been brought up,

But Blake Foster (Justin from Turbo) is trying to get casted as the Gold ranger from Beast Morphers.

How you guys feel about that?
Where did you hear that?

Anyways, Beet Buster was played by a Sentai alum, and an entirely different role previously, so it could work just for that if he's up to the task.
timegold is offline    
Old September 1st, 2018, 06:21 PM #50
Storm Eagle's Avatar
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,432
Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,432



timegold wrote: View Post

Where did you hear that?

Anyways, Beet Buster was played by a Sentai alum, and an entirely different role previously, so it could work just for that if he's up to the task.
Not if they've already found their actor like Xeontome says.
Storm Eagle is offline    
Old September 1st, 2018, 06:22 PM #51
mmprfan09's Avatar
> mmprfan09
One In A Million
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,352
mmprfan09
One In A Million
mmprfan09's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,352



timegold wrote: View Post

Where did you hear that?

Anyways, Beet Buster was played by a Sentai alum, and an entirely different role previously, so it could work just for that if he's up to the task.
Check out Blake’s instagram. He has a whole little hashtag movement going lol
mmprfan09 is offline    
Old September 1st, 2018, 06:24 PM #52
timegold's Avatar
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,240
timegold
Destroyer of Particles
timegold's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,240



Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

Not if they've already found their actor like Xeontome says.
I meant it entirely hypothetically, and I'm inclined to believe what Xenotome said anyways given how casting tends to work.

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Check out Blake’s instagram. He has a whole little hashtag movement going lol
Well if he hasn't already been cast and is petitioning for it by fans, what's the chance that Hasbro is still casting?
timegold is offline    
Old September 1st, 2018, 07:06 PM #53
Goseired11's Avatar
> Goseired11
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,738
Goseired11
Power Ranger
Goseired11's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,738



All the rangers, the comedic duo, and the evil duo have all been cast according to Iris because she cast all of those roles. We don’t know the status of characters like the commander of the team (which there probably will be), but I think it’s safe to assume that if Iris didn’t cast them then the NZ casting agent did. Same goes for any other minor recurring characters not cast in the states.

So basically, if they wanted Blake back they would’ve contacted him long before now and a petition wont do much of anything for him. Maybe they’ll keep him in mind for the future though.
Goseired11 is offline    
Old September 1st, 2018, 07:19 PM #54
AkaGreen's Avatar
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,535
AkaGreen
JusticeForK
AkaGreen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,535



mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Soo Idk if it has been brought up,

But Blake Foster (Justin from Turbo) is trying to get casted as the Gold ranger from Beast Morphers.

How you guys feel about that?
Why give Blake Foster another chance when we could give Tommy another color? /sarcasm
AkaGreen is offline    
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 1st, 2018, 07:23 PM #55
timegold's Avatar
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,240
timegold
Destroyer of Particles
timegold's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,240



GreenMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Why give Blake Foster another chance when we could give Tommy another color? /sarcasm
Why give Tommy another color when Tommy and Robotommy can have two colors between them?
timegold is offline    
  Likes: (2)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 1st, 2018, 07:27 PM #56
Goseired11's Avatar
> Goseired11
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,738
Goseired11
Power Ranger
Goseired11's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,738



GreenMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Why give Blake Foster another chance when we could give Tommy another color? /sarcasm
Shhhhh they’re saving that for the Kyuranger adaptations where the whole team is gonna be Tommy and Tommy clones. He’s gotta play every color, it’s in his contract man.
Goseired11 is offline    
Old September 1st, 2018, 07:30 PM #57
AkaGreen's Avatar
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,535
AkaGreen
JusticeForK
AkaGreen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,535



Goseired11 wrote: View Post

Shhhhh they’re saving that for the Kyuranger adaptations where the whole team is gonna be Tommy and Tommy clones. He’s gotta play every color, it’s in his contract man.
It would almost be worth it to see JDF as Washi Pink.
AkaGreen is offline    
Old September 1st, 2018, 07:39 PM #58
Xenotome's Avatar
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 29,963
Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 29,963



Goseired11 wrote: View Post

So basically, if they wanted Blake back they would’ve contacted him long before now and a petition wont do much of anything for him. Maybe they’ll keep him in mind for the future though.
Blake has campaigned to be cast every season since Saban bought the show...

Blake... Sweetie...
Xenotome is offline    
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 1st, 2018, 07:56 PM #59
Titanium321's Avatar
> ⚡Titanium321
Moderator
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,591
Titanium321
Moderator
Titanium321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,591



QuantumPowers wrote: View Post

I like Mick. In my opinion, he's the best mentor in the Neo-Saban Era.
He's the best mentor in the entire history of the series. As is, he's kind of the only one who actually is a mentor to his kids, everyone else who can be considered a good mentor either serves as a boss or ends up a ranger anyway.

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

Blake's acting was no worse than everyone's else's bad acting.
However, being a kid, especially the new kid, does make it stand out more to the audience.

Poweranimals wrote: View Post

They could always go the non humanoid alien route.
That's what I would rather see than another child ranger. The idea just does not appeal to me, especially one that stays a child when morphed.

Morphin Master wrote: View Post

Any idea what year its going to be set?
2019. I know it says several years in the promo, but in action it'll be 2019.

GokaiGold wrote: View Post

I think in show it's not that bad. That could be my bias in really wanting a woman for Skyblue.
Have you ever seen Chrysti Ane? Skyblue is still taller than she is, it's very plausible to make this kid into an adult be it as a female ranger or just a short dude if you don't want to do the alien make up route.

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Soo Idk if it has been brought up,

But Blake Foster (Justin from Turbo) is trying to get casted as the Gold ranger from Beast Morphers.

How you guys feel about that?
I feel like Blake Foster should creep people out more than he does and scare off sympathetic fans more than he does.

Xenotome wrote: View Post

That it's incredibly sad and they've already cast Gold... so I'm not exactly sure what he's trying for...
Attention. Clicks. Con spots.

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Blake has campaigned to be cast every season since Saban bought the show...
I think it's technically been every season since he realized how profitable the con circuit is.
Titanium321 is offline    
Old September 1st, 2018, 08:05 PM #60
dark ranger 86's Avatar
> dark ranger 86
I AM HERE
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,303
dark ranger 86
I AM HERE
dark ranger 86's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,303



Titanium321 wrote: View Post

He's the best mentor in the entire history of the series. As is, he's kind of the only one who actually is a mentor to his kids, everyone else who can be considered a good mentor either serves as a boss or ends up a ranger anyway.
Isn't this the same Mick that left Calvin and Hayley to fend for themselves when the Kudabots first attacked?
dark ranger 86 is offline    
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:41 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.