Home Menu

Menu

Old September 1st, 2018, 07:49 AM #1
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Power Rangers Beast Morphers - General Discussion II

The first discussion thread for Beast Morphers has reached the 300 page limit, so welcome to the new thread where we can continue on with the anticipation in the run-up to the next season coming in Spring 2019!

The previous Beast Morphers General Discussion Thread can be found here!
https://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=182077

Los Angeles, CA – February 17, 2018 – Saban Brands today announced Power Rangers’ 26th season, set to air on Nickelodeon in early 2019, will be “Power Rangers Beast Morphers.” Additionally, the Beast Morphers logo was revealed to fans for the first time.

“At Saban Brands, we strive to deliver family entertainment that is engaging and forward-thinking while maintaining the core values, such as inclusivity and teamwork, that are important to parents,” said Janet Hsu, Chief Executive Officer of Saban Brands. “With ‘Beast Morphers’ we introduce fan-favorite animal themes with a new, intriguing special ops storyline that keeps the Power Rangers series fresh for viewers of all ages, especially the new generation of viewers.”

Set in the future, a secret agency combines a newly discovered substance called “Morph-X” with animal DNA to create the Power Rangers Beast Morphers team. The Rangers must fight off an evil sentient computer virus bent on taking over the source of all Ranger power, the Morphin Grid itself. Featuring never-before-seen leather suits and an all-new beast-themed arsenal (including dynamic new Zords), fans should get ready for a season full of secret ops and morphinominal fun.

Currently, Power Rangers is celebrating 25 continuous years on the air, making it one of the longest running kids’ live-action series in television history with nearly 900 episodes aired to date. Created by Haim Saban and launched in 1993 with Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the franchise celebrates its milestone anniversary year with the 25th season, “Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel” currently airing on Saturdays at 12 p.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon in the U.S.

Saban Brands recently announced it will continue its longtime partnership with Nickelodeon to serve as the official broadcaster for Saban’s Power Rangers television series in the U.S. through 2021.

“Power Rangers Beast Morphers” will mark the first Power Rangers toy collection from the franchise’s newly announced global master toy partner, Hasbro Inc, starting in spring 2019.

For more information on Power Rangers, please visit www.powerrangers.com and follow the brand on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, RangerNation.com and YouTube. To watch full episodes, go to Nick.com and the Nick app.

--- CAST MEMBERS---

RED RANGER - DEVON
Played by Rorrie D. Travis
IMDB - Instagram - Facebook

YELLOW RANGER - ZOEY REEVES
Played by Jacqueline Scislowski
IMDB - Instagram - Site

BLUE RANGER - RAVI
Played by Jasmeet Baduwalia
IMDB - Instagram - Twitter

NATE
Played by Abraham Rodriguez
IMDB - Instagram

BLAZE
Played by Colby Strong
IMDB - Instagram - Site

BEN
Played by Cosme Flores
IMDB - Instagram - Site

BETTY
Played by Kristina Ho
IMDB - Instagram

ROXY
Played by Liana Ramirez
IMDB - Instagram - Twitter - Facebook

Last edited by Morgan Lamia; September 19th, 2018 at 09:17 PM.
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 08:00 AM #2
> AdamN
Power Ranger

AdamN
Power Ranger

So I am still thinking about one rumor from Power Morphicon:

It was a news about 12/13-year-old character, who can be or not be the ranger...

I don't think it's about a gold ranger. Especially that J is confirmed to adapt as a silver ranger.

So... maybe they will use any of extra suits from "Doubutsu Sentai Go-Busters" movie? Or maybe totally exclusive american ranger? They already had to remake all ranger and monster suits, so they could also make a brand new ranger costume and use it for a few episodes.
AdamN is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 08:29 AM #3
> Primal Slayer
Power Ranger

Primal Slayer
Power Ranger

I hope they start using original villains and interesting mentors again. Or maybe go mentor-less.
Primal Slayer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 08:32 AM #4
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Primal Slayer wrote: View Post

I hope they start using original villains and mentors again.
We've basically had original Mentors since Megaforce. Arguably before that, but I'm pretty sure Mentor Ji was so close to his counterpart that it might not even count as original.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the footage we saw of Evox was completely original and not from Go Busters, so you might have your wish granted on that one too.
AkaGreen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 09:11 AM #5
> Goseired11
Power Ranger

Goseired11
Power Ranger

GreenMystechRanger wrote: View Post

We've basically had original Mentors since Megaforce. Arguably before that, but I'm pretty sure Mentor Ji was so close to his counterpart that it might not even count as original.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the footage we saw of Evox was completely original and not from Go Busters, so you might have your wish granted on that one too.
This. Also in her panel Iris confirmed Enter and Escape adaptations when she said they cast an evil duo. So I believe (and I hate to use the comparison) that we’ll have a RPM situation where Evox is the sentient “Big Bad” while the Enter and Escape adaptations are the Tenaya 7 types who do the ground work.

And idk who mentioned being Mentor-less but I don’t think this is the season they’ll do that. The rangers work for a secret organization so there’s bound to be a commander who will be the mentor figure.
Goseired11 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 09:47 AM #6
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Goseired11 wrote: View Post

This. Also in her panel Iris confirmed Enter and Escape adaptations when she said they cast an evil duo.
The use of the word "duo" makes me randomly think how awesome it would be if that comedic duo we saw casting sides for turned out to be double agents and were actually awesome villains as Enter and Escape.

I know it won't happen, but that would be a good twist.
AkaGreen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 09:51 AM #7
> Goseired11
Power Ranger

Goseired11
Power Ranger

GreenMystechRanger wrote: View Post

The use of the word "duo" makes me randomly think how awesome it would be if that comedic duo we saw casting sides for turned out to be double agents and were actually awesome villains as Enter and Escape.

I know it won't happen, but that would be a good twist.
Trust me, you don’t know how many times I’ve thought about that. It would be such an interesting twist and add so much depth to the comedic characters.
Old September 1st, 2018, 10:53 AM #8
> AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

Primal Slayer wrote: View Post

Or maybe go mentor-less.
The Power Rangers have never truly been mentor-less, just varying degrees of how involved they are.

Even Time Force had Captain Logan pretending he was helping and Alex constantly butting in.
AkaGreenPrimo is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 11:00 AM #9
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

The Power Rangers have never truly been mentor-less.
So, DECA qualifies as a mentor? If not, the Space and Galaxy Rangers had no mentor. There was no superior who knew the team's identity< either withour being an active member of the team or rarely going into action (Zordon, Dimitria Captain Mitchell, Captain Logan, Princes Shayla, Sensei, mr Hartford, Dr K, Mentor Ji, Gosei, Keeper, Mick) or was also a Ranger. (Tommy, Doggie, Udonna, RJ).
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 11:03 AM #10
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

And I just realized I haven't commented since the cast reveal.

Wow, what a cast! They really look into it; let's just hope Hasbro gives them good scripts to work with. The trailer really works, and it's a nice way to dispel the myths that there are no toys to work with.

I applaud their diversity. Sure, there's yet another blonde yellow ranger, but the others aren't token roles, and it's rare to have a majority minority team. Especially with little Indian representation. Or even Polish representation (but who knows if they'll keep that).
timegold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 11:10 AM #11
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

The Power Rangers have never truly been mentor-less, just varying degrees of how involved they are.

Even Time Force had Captain Logan pretending he was helping and Alex constantly butting in.
That's more of an ally role than a mentor role though. By the same degree of involvement, Mr. Collins was a mentor too. Does that make Stanton the mentor for PRLG? Is there an In Space mentor character? Does that make Shayla the mentor in WF then?
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 11:13 AM #12
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

Stanton was a mentor to the Galaxy Rangers personal lives (sans Maya) but not really a Power Rangers mentor

Space Rangers did not have a mentor.

Neither did any mentoring. They were allies.
PineapplePizza is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 11:13 AM #13
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

Does that make Shayla the mentor in WF then?
Has that ever been in question?
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 11:41 AM #14
> Lady_Ashtree
Power Ranger

Lady_Ashtree
Power Ranger

I'm really hoping that they keep the Gold and Silver plot lines. I cant remember their names but essentially Silver was sucked into the internet before the series and he eventually escapes. I think he was a mentor or friend of the Blue Ranger.
Lady_Ashtree is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 11:52 AM #15
> Poweranimals
Mastodon!

Poweranimals
Mastodon!

AdamN wrote: View Post

It was a news about 12/13-year-old character, who can be or not be the ranger...
Oh please no!
Poweranimals is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 1st, 2018, 12:00 PM #16
> RangerPower2003
Power Ranger

RangerPower2003
Power Ranger

AdamN wrote: View Post

I don't think it's about a gold ranger. Especially that J is confirmed to adapt as a silver ranger.

So... maybe they will use any of extra suits from "Doubutsu Sentai Go-Busters" movie? Or maybe totally exclusive american ranger? They already had to remake all ranger and monster suits, so they could also make a brand new ranger costume and use it for a few episodes.
Yes, because it worked so well for the last season that did it.
RangerPower2003 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 1st, 2018, 12:04 PM #17
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

With a semi internet related plotpoint, I do hope there's some kind of RangerBoard reference. Mostly in a "You don't want to see what they say" way.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 12:24 PM #18
> Goseired11
Power Ranger

Goseired11
Power Ranger

RangerPower2003 wrote: View Post

Yes, because it worked so well for the last season that did it.
That was what, like 20+ years ago? And I mean whether we like it or not a kid ranger is coming, especially if they adapt Kyuranger in the coming years. Plus, if said character did become a ranger they wouldn’t be core 5 so it’s not like they would be super prominent.
Old September 1st, 2018, 12:36 PM #19
> RangerPower2003
Power Ranger

RangerPower2003
Power Ranger

Goseired11 wrote: View Post

That was what, like 20+ years ago? And I mean whether we like it or not a kid ranger is coming, especially if they adapt Kyuranger in the coming years. Plus, if said character did become a ranger they wouldn’t be core 5 so it’s not like they would be super prominent.
Perhaps. I just hope that they execute it a bit better. Now, I don't hate Justin as a character, I just hope they pull off the "Kid Ranger" concept better than Turbo.
RangerPower2003 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 12:39 PM #20
> Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

I'm all for a new kid ranger character. Personally, I like the concept.

Also, Shota Taguchi was one of the best actors in his series despite being a kid. Good acting + good writting can do wonders.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote