Home Menu

Menu

Old January 5th, 2018, 06:41 PM #1
> Otokusastu Zetto
♥ Worship our LupinKudo ♥

Otokusastu Zetto

The Crossover Grid

Well I come here for help I have decided to make a Crossover Grid who will reference only Official Crossover

Crossover such as Infomercial like help a kid who got an addiction to drugs wouldn't count.

So here is a bit of what I started I am looking for how to improve the design and aspect of this Grid

I am using this website:
https://go.gliffy.com/go/html5/launch

And here is the Grid

So if people can help me to improve this that would be very welcomed

Also and it's important I wish to all RangerBoard's members Happy New Year
Otokusastu Zetto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 08:00 PM #2
> BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

The Boom universe seems to be missing
BattleRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 08:11 PM #3
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Doctor Who and Transformers can both connect to Marvel's Universes by way of Death's Head, who appeared in Marvel's Doctor Who comics and the Marvel UK Transformers comics. Transformers opts for a multiverse approach, while Doctor Who is more a "the show is prevailing canon, everything else can be used or ignored as necessary". The US Marvel Transformers comic also guest-starred Spider-Man, I believe. One Transformers universe also crossed over with the Avengers in I believe the late 00s.

And then there's an official Transformers/Evangelion crossover, so you can add the Evangelion Universes too.

Both Sentai and Rider have guest-starred various Metal Heroes, so they could be added on, I guess as a singular collective universe.

Ah, Doctor Who and Star Trek crossed over in a comic series, I believe. May want to verify that.

Would you consider LEGO Dimensions? That'd throw a lot together... the LEGO Universes (LEGO Movie, Ninjago, BIONICLE e.t.c., if you want to collect them all under the one brand-original umbrella), DC, Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Wizarding World (Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts), The A-Team, Sega (via Sonic), the list goes on and on.

This could get very expansive. Should be fun.

BattleRanger, I would think the Boom universe would be part of Power Rangers Universes.

Edit: While I'm not familiar with it, G.I. Joe has had crossovers with Transformers too.

Last edited by TealMystechRanger; January 5th, 2018 at 08:21 PM.
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 09:15 PM #4
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Crossovers of what though. If you try hard enough, you can count everything as crossed over with everything else on some level. You don't really have a grid there either, just a list of universes sort of close to each other in defining category. You need a legend to define what the lines are, how they crossover, what crossovers you count, why you count them, etc.

What is your end goal here? Is this format the right way to get your point across visually or do you need a different diagram style?
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 10:10 PM #5
> OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

Crossovers of what though. If you try hard enough, you can count everything as crossed over with everything else on some level. You don't really have a grid there either, just a list of universes sort of close to each other in defining category. You need a legend to define what the lines are, how they crossover, what crossovers you count, why you count them, etc.

What is your end goal here? Is this format the right way to get your point across visually or do you need a different diagram style?
I usually dont agree with titanium but what is the goal?
OmniMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 12:18 AM #6
> AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

OmniMystechRanger wrote: View Post

To combine all the powers of all the universes ever!
AkaGreenPrimo is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 12:40 AM #7
> Judge Joker
Repulsive

Judge Joker
Repulsive

I canít wait to see the crossover between Power Rangers and Coronation Street.
Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 01:23 AM #8
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

Judge Joker wrote: View Post

Coronation Street is my favourite anime.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 02:10 AM #9
> zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime

zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime

A unified multiverse of everything?
zjranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 04:24 AM #10
> Otokusastu Zetto

Otokusastu Zetto

BattleRanger wrote: View Post

The Boom universe seems to be missing
Part of the Power Rangers Univers but I should rename the stuff more Power Rangers Multiverse for being more precise.

TealMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Doctor Who and Transformers can both connect to Marvel's Universes by way of Death's Head, who appeared in Marvel's Doctor Who comics and the Marvel UK Transformers comics. Transformers opts for a multiverse approach, while Doctor Who is more a "the show is prevailing canon, everything else can be used or ignored as necessary". The US Marvel Transformers comic also guest-starred Spider-Man, I believe. One Transformers universe also crossed over with the Avengers in I believe the late 00s.

And then there's an official Transformers/Evangelion crossover, so you can add the Evangelion Universes too.

Both Sentai and Rider have guest-starred various Metal Heroes, so they could be added on, I guess as a singular collective universe.

Ah, Doctor Who and Star Trek crossed over in a comic series, I believe. May want to verify that.

Would you consider LEGO Dimensions? That'd throw a lot together... the LEGO Universes (LEGO Movie, Ninjago, BIONICLE e.t.c., if you want to collect them all under the one brand-original umbrella), DC, Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Wizarding World (Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts), The A-Team, Sega (via Sonic), the list goes on and on.

This could get very expansive. Should be fun.

BattleRanger, I would think the Boom universe would be part of Power Rangers Universes.

Edit: While I'm not familiar with it, G.I. Joe has had crossovers with Transformers too.
So we have Transformers who crossed over with

+ Doctor Who
+ Evangelion (Jeez I hate Evangelion)
+ Spider-Man so in a extend the Marvel Universes

For the Lego part yes I will brand them together under a single umbrella with LEGO Universes imagine that they are part of different planet so the BIONICLE could be Alien for a regular Lego citizen from brick earth.

Well I am a guy who are passionnate about Multiversality and passionnate about Crossover but I never find a grid who translate what crossed with what.

I want to build a map for every fandom to see all connection through this Grid.

And also I want to see/confirm if Ryu (Street Fighter) got the high level of crossing over !? Or does Batman beat him or another character ?

zjranger wrote: View Post

A unified multiverse of everything?
Basically yes it's more a Metaverse since the Versality goes like this

You start with a single Universe, who combine with other give us a Multiverse, then a Multiverse combined with other done a Metaverse, then many Metaverse together give us a Xenoverse, continuing in the same idea, many Xenoverse combined give us an Hyperverse, which lead us to the famously known Omniverse who are an almagamation of many Hyperverse, and you finish with The Box.
Old January 6th, 2018, 05:35 AM #11
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Needs a more direct connection between Marvel and Archie, thanks to this unexpected crossover.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archie_Meets_the_Punisher

And DC has this current crossover with Archie.

https://www.thecomicmint.com/product...-5-pack-30-off

And you should also add the Mortal Kombat universe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal...s._DC_Universe
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 05:36 AM #12
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Sevenlima
Power Ranger

It's a shame that Tecmo doesn't mkae games anymore, i wisih could make better original ones.
Sevenlima is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 05:40 AM #13
> OmniMystechRanger

OmniMystechRanger

So basically its the omniverse idea of marvel that all realities are connected to one another, basically from what the it look this person trying to map everything is trying to unify it all together, intersting on combing all powers together, but ya know ya got idw, malibu universe, videgames universe, hasbro universe, etc, it will take months to map it all! Ya need a legend as titanium said or an event to make this grid work, good luck on this cause either ya need better format to show crossover grid or rework it into better version! Also this map will going into fanfiction crossovers an into dark areas, this mean the map will be complex cause you got various new comic companies including my own comic universe called goldstar universe which I own an copywrited, so if ya want info on it ya will need to contact me directly for the info, an ya will need to contact the various creators of them, plus ya got movie companies an such to research for this map to be complete! I would suggest asking others to help map this all out an metaverse is just a small part of it all, you will need to research heavy on all this to get it all to be in this format! Also ya got kingdomhearts, the kingdom/kingdomcome, hypertime, zerohr an more to add to this an lot of explaining on everything in it! Also ya got realities that ceased to be an those that were restored, an shared realities!

Last edited by OmniMystechRanger; January 6th, 2018 at 06:01 AM.
Old January 6th, 2018, 06:18 AM #14
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

If I remember correctly star trek the original series crossovers with dc comics legion of super heroes, and I think x men which is marvel comic crossovers to star trek the original series or next generation, same with doctor who they at different regeneration went to the original series and the next generation
moonknight2099 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 06:20 AM #15
> Otokusastu Zetto

Otokusastu Zetto

I think for Transformers I will put it into the Revolution Multiverse

And I'll labed everything under Multiverse like that we will understand that it's just a portion of the Franchise who crossed over with something else ?

And do I split Capcom into a collection of Multiverse or I put everything together meaning that Darkstalker and Street Fighter are in the same multiverse for exemple ?
Old January 6th, 2018, 06:51 AM #16
> RangerLobo-Guara
VIP Rider

RangerLobo-Guara
VIP Rider

Here, my friend:

New Avengers/Transformers (I tried to read some years ago, but it is really bad)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Avengers/Transformers

Star Trek/X-Men

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek/X-Men

And don't forget TMNT Crossovers with Ghostbusters and Yojimbo.
RangerLobo-Guara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 07:20 AM #17
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Crossovers of what though. If you try hard enough, you can count everything as crossed over with everything else on some level.
I think that's the point. Not to the extent of "everything", but identifying all the crossovers - however screwball - and find the ties between franchises.

This should be your dream project - ways to combine everything!

Judge Joker wrote: View Post

Six Degrees of Coronation? Y'know, by way of crossovers or by actors, that's feasibly-

HANG ON. Doctor Who had that crossover with EastEnders, and haven't EastEnders and Corrie also had some kind of Children in Need/Comic Relief meet-up? It's happening, Judge Joker.

Otokusastu Zetto wrote: View Post

So we have Transformers who crossed over with

+ Doctor Who
+ Evangelion (Jeez I hate Evangelion)
+ Spider-Man so in a extend the Marvel Universes
Good for you re: hating Evangelion?

And yeah, Doctor Who also connects to Marvel, as I said in the opening gambit - Marvel, Transformers and Doctor Who are all tied together as Transformers and DW have both had Marvel-produced comics with connections to mainstream Marvel.

For the Lego part yes I will brand them together under a single umbrella with LEGO Universes imagine that they are part of different planet so the BIONICLE could be Alien for a regular Lego citizen from brick earth.
Either way works, depending on how you define these universes. If there are Marvel or DC universes where everyone's a cat, and you count those as part of Marvel and DC's multiverses, I don't see why BIONICLE, a significant Lego brand, wouldn't fall under an overall Lego Universes category. But I do also get the "Lego Universes = minifig and minidoll populace" thing.

I think for Transformers I will put it into the Revolution Multiverse
Ugh. Haha!

I suppose that makes sense, though. Revolution presents a much more solid tie between Transformers, G.I. Joe, and all those dead 80s Hasbro properties. But you may want to mark it out as "Transformers, G.I. Joe e.t.c." so people who don't know what Revolution is will know.

RangerLobo-Guara wrote: View Post

New Avengers/Transformers (I tried to read some years ago, but it is really bad)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Avengers/Transformers
Ah, that's the one I mentioned before.

So that's Star Trek tied to Doctor Who and Marvel. Basically forming a little square with Transformers/Revolution.

And don't forget TMNT Crossovers with Ghostbusters and Yojimbo.
Ghostbusters potentially being on there already via LEGO Dimensions...

I hope that site you're using does the formatting for you, Stu. This is going to get complicated, haha!
Old January 6th, 2018, 07:28 AM #18
> OmniMystechRanger

OmniMystechRanger

Also ya got ton of technical an legal issues on your idea, some companies an so on may not want inclusion in this, also batman/tmnt/powerrangers/tmnt, transformers is another problem that splits into many, you will probably have to do split it into parts for each one!
Old January 6th, 2018, 07:45 AM #19
> Otokusastu Zetto

Otokusastu Zetto

HANG ON. Doctor Who had that crossover with EastEnders, and haven't EastEnders and Corrie also had some kind of Children in Need/Comic Relief meet-up? It's happening, Judge Joker.
Will lock a EastEnders Multiverse then !

Good for you re: hating Evangelion?

And yeah, Doctor Who also connects to Marvel, as I said in the opening gambit - Marvel, Transformers and Doctor Who are all tied together as Transformers and DW have both had Marvel-produced comics with connections to mainstream Marvel.
I have a personnal grudge against Evangelion and mostly against the author as well as a personnal grudge against Miyazaki.

Either way works, depending on how you define these universes. If there are Marvel or DC universes where everyone's a cat, and you count those as part of Marvel and DC's multiverses, I don't see why BIONICLE, a significant Lego brand, wouldn't fall under an overall Lego Universes category. But I do also get the "Lego Universes = minifig and minidoll populace" thing.
Well Bionicle will be set in the same Multiverse as the Minifig Lego.

Ugh. Haha!

I suppose that makes sense, though. Revolution presents a much more solid tie between Transformers, G.I. Joe, and all those dead 80s Hasbro properties. But you may want to mark it out as "Transformers, G.I. Joe e.t.c." so people who don't know what Revolution is will know.
I'll add a legend with Paint later when I will estimate that I am done.

I hope that site you're using does the formatting for you, Stu. This is going to get complicated, haha!
I will try to be smart to make the reading of the connection easier, also I'll use some Paint trick if needed.

Also ya got ton of technical an legal issues on your idea, some companies an so on may not want inclusion in this, also batman/tmnt/powerrangers/tmnt, transformers is another problem that splits into many, you will probably have to do split it into parts for each one!
That's just for Fan use only, I don't see any problem to just quote link the crossover ever happened in history. And no I will just have one Multiverse meaning that there is two different Batman who meet two different Turtles, same for Power Rangers Mighty Morphin who meet a specific Justice League and Power Rangers in Space who meet the Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation.

I will on Deviantart when I'm done, explain the thing by text.

Last edited by Otokusastu Zetto; January 6th, 2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old January 6th, 2018, 08:05 AM #20
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

As Otokusastu says, this isn't something he wants to turn into a story. It's just for fun, to see what fictional universes/multiverses cross over and build up a big image of all the connections.

Will lock a EastEnders Multiverse then !
I feel like Coronation Street and Emmerdale are set in the same world, but I'm not familiar enough with either to say for sure... but yeah, I don't think EastEnders (or any British soap) has more than one universe, unless you want to count any charity things of dubious canon... but you could easily put Corrie and EastEnders on there.

And then go Corrie > EastEnders > Doctor Who > Marvel > DC [or] Sentai > Power Rangers, haha!

I have a personnal grudge against Evangelion and mostly against the author as well as a personnal grudge against Miyazaki.
I'm sorry to hear that, though I don't think it's healthy to hold a personal grudge towards artists who you've (I assume) never met. Plus I'm pretty sure Anno had a rough time working on Eva, too (especially EoE and You Can (Not) Redo).

Rather, I was commenting on the fact that your comment seemed uncalled for when we were just discussing where these universes connect. I'm sure we'll wind up mentioning shows/franchises I don't like, but I'll grit my teeth and reference them without- okay, it's not like it really matters, it's my issue as per usual, haha.

Well Bionicle will be set in the same Multiverse as the Minifig Lego.
And so you only need a general "LEGO Universes" category in which you can include BIONICLE (both G1 and G2), Slizer/Throwbots, RoboRiders and Hero Factory, plus any other non-minifig/minidoll properties. I'm sure they'd be sub-divisible if needed, but yeah, I think compiling every LEGO-own property under one title works fine.

I'll add a legend with Paint later when I will estimate that I am done.
Sounds like a plan!

Edit: And here's a list of all the franchises that appeared in LEGO Dimensions...

The A-Team
Adventure Time
Back to the Future
Beetlejuice
DC Comics
Doctor Who
E.T.
Ghostbusters
The Goonies
Gremlins
Jurassic Park/Jurassic World
Knight Rider
Middle Earth
Midway Arcade
Mission Impossible
Portal
Powerpuff Girls
Scooby Doo (Hanna-Barbera?)
Sega
The Simpsons
The Wizard of Oz
Wizarding World (Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts)

Obviously Teen Titans GO would be part of DC... not sure how you'd dice The LEGO Batman Movie though. Also I don't know if Scooby Doo has had prominent crossovers with other HB properties... though he did crossover with Batman, right? So there's a direct connection with DC.

Last edited by TealMystechRanger; January 6th, 2018 at 08:16 AM.