Menu

Old December 15th, 2017, 09:31 AM #81
> Otokusastu Zetto
KouseiRed to the rescue !

Otokusastu Zetto
KouseiRed to the rescue !

Sevenlima wrote: View Post

Is not gonna happen with Disney hands.
Well never say never Disney can surprise us.
Otokusastu Zetto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 09:32 AM #82
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

BluePR wrote: View Post

And I think X-Men arguably makes more sense and works better without other, more popular superheroes being around.
The most we can hope is that this'll help sky-rocket the popularity of the X-Men again, especially since, as I understand it, Infinity War is what they've been building to since The Avengers. I don't imagine Marvel would push the Avengers out of the limelight after Infinity War, but they could decide to try and emphasise their new acquisitions more alongside them.

I mean, lest we forget the X-Men were once the most popular superhero team. It's not like they're unpopular now, it's just that the Avengers have a huge degree of pop-culture relevance and films that are more accessible for family audiences. Just having MCU X-Men alone could really give them a push.

But who knows? We'll see in due course.

Well Disney Marvel ended the comic book for not wanting to share the characters and their popularity/revenues so they may know them well but not necessarily do them well.
And now they'll be getting all of the popularity and revenues. They basically cancelled the comic out of spite; now they'd only be spiting themselves.

Besides, I do agree with Spoony in that the Fantastic Four feel like a perfect fit for the general Marvel Studios tone, at least in their traditional format/style. Plus Marvel Studios and Marvel Comics are two separate entities - the comics side shutting down a book because of the film rights doesn't mean the film side wouldn't do a great job of them.
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 09:32 AM #83
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Disney isn't really about mixing franchises. What I'd really like to see is them put back the Alien ride in Tomorrowland. I've never been on the Stitch version, but I always hear about how bad it is, and seemingly it's now closed and going to be just a meet-and-greet thing.

Oh, and TealMystechRanger, I definitely wasn't trying to sound like crazy fanboy with saying "they're back home." I meant pretty much what you thought I meant lol.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 09:33 AM #84
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Roger that, Dukemon, and sorry for letting my emotions get the better of me on that.
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 09:35 AM #85
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

TealMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Roger that, Dukemon, and sorry for letting my emotions get the better of me on that.
No worries!

I'm just happy some of my favorite heroes have the potential now to be back in the mix. I haven't enjoyed the trajectory of the X-Men movies as a whole (though I absolutely love some of them.) And Fantastic 4 I just feel like no one gets...but Marvel Studios would be the ones to pull it off right if anybody can.
Old December 15th, 2017, 10:12 AM #86
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

A writer from Variety shared their thoughts of why this historic deal may be bad for movies.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/fo...es-1202639920/
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 07:49 PM #87
> John Pannozzi
Power Ranger

John Pannozzi
Power Ranger

The 2nd Evil wrote: View Post

I think the negatives outweigh the positives by a wide margin.

Iím also pretty sure Fox never actually had the rights to Fantastic Four. They just distributed the films.
Constantin Film is the company that produces the F4 movies. Hopefully (and likely), Disney will be able to buy them out or maybe make some kind of co-production deal.
John Pannozzi is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 08:27 PM #88
> DrGreenEvil
The Good Doctor

DrGreenEvil
The Good Doctor

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

Maybe they'll make decent Alien and Predator films now. Maybe they'll do a AvP that works. Maybe they'll sell off the IP, even.
I would love a new AvP movie. The second one was borderline terrible, but the first one was a great movie and personally one of the best theatrical viewing experiences I have ever had.

On the Buffy front, I'm a bad Buffy fan and have been pro-reboot since all that started years ago. Even when I shake off my fanboyism, I cannot get past the feeling that there will be a cartoon. Its what Disney does.

Otokusastu Zetto wrote: View Post

Well I can clearly see having them to be put with Avatar and becoming the third wheeled Franchise of Disney with another Cinematic Universe.

And who wouldn't love see a Predator rip the spine and the skull of a Na'vi
I have only ever seen bits and pieces of Avatar. Never had any interest. But I would watch an Avatar movie for that!!!!!!
DrGreenEvil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 09:01 PM #89
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

DrGreenEvil wrote: View Post

On the Buffy front, I'm a bad Buffy fan and have been pro-reboot since all that started years ago. Even when I shake off my fanboyism, I cannot get past the feeling that there will be a cartoon. Its what Disney does.
Wait, what? When does Disney make cartoon reboots of decades old franchises that have run their course? I'd also wager Disney and Whedon may not be on great terms right now too.

If it was a kids movie that was popular right now, yeah, they'd probably throw out a cheap cartoon to cash in, but then again Disney hasn't really done that in years.

I can see wanting a reboot, honestly that'd be kind of cool but also unnecessary as we have things that are essentially that now. Girl vs Monster series are kind of popular, Disney even has a cartoon about that already. I'd actually be down for a reboot of the concept, but there's just so much of that show that's dated to its time its hard to bring it back now and not just repeat what someone else is already doing.

....Although maybe they can bring back Firefly.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 10:45 PM #90
> DrGreenEvil
The Good Doctor

DrGreenEvil
The Good Doctor

So my opinion about bringing back a franchise that changed television and made room for empowering female roles, a television show that is still considered one of the best ever - Is wrong.

But its ok to have the false hope that maybe the Mouse will bring back a show that only lasted a season and is only really pop with the fandom?

Jesting. Jesting
DrGreenEvil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 10:50 PM #91
> Kyle16
Figuring it out

Kyle16
Figuring it out

Wait, what? When does Disney make cartoon reboots of decades old franchises that have run their course? I'd also wager Disney and Whedon may not be on great terms right now too.
I guess you could put tron in that category?
Kyle16 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 10:50 PM #92
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

DrGreenEvil wrote: View Post

So my opinion about bringing back a franchise that changed television and made room for empowering female roles, a television show that is still considered one of the best ever - Is wrong.
It is if you think that was Buffy, because that was Xena.

Space operas are even more dated than that.

Not to mention it was just Guardians of the Galaxy without superpowers.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2017, 12:01 AM #93
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Dukemon wrote: View Post

Disney isn't really about mixing franchises. What I'd really like to see is them put back the Alien ride in Tomorrowland. I've never been on the Stitch version, but I always hear about how bad it is, and seemingly it's now closed and going to be just a meet-and-greet thing.
Oh it's not even that anymore. It's closing forever in a few weeks.

As for bringing back the original vision of Alien Encounter...ehhh I honestly doubt it'll be that optimistic of a turn out.

Disney has reportedly been playing about with ideas for awhile on what to replace it with. And since we have no idea what stage of pre-production they're in on that, they could've already locked in what they wanted to do for the replacement for Stitch's Great Escape.

And that's without getting into the ride's rocky history of senior Disney staff never liking the idea in the first place because they felt having an Alien ride at Disney would have gone way too far against the park's image and branding of being family-friendly.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does turn out that way, but I have low expectations of them actually doing so.

(speaking of I do recommend this gentleman's video who gives the full rundown of the tumultuous history of ExtraTERRORestrial: Alien Encounter)

TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2017, 12:19 AM #94
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Welp. It happened. The various anti-trust committees are considering launching an investigation into the Disney-Fox merger.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2017, 12:35 AM #95
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

After it happens.

Crack detective work there.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2017, 08:04 AM #96
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

tasti man LH wrote: View Post

~snip~
Oh awesome! Thanks for the info; will definitely check the vid later.
Old December 17th, 2017, 11:16 AM #97
> RangerLobo-Guara
VIP Rider

RangerLobo-Guara
VIP Rider

Not directly, it kinds of affects Warner Bros. too. Mortal Kombat is common to have crossovers with Fox characters, and I think there is other crossovers between WB and Fox franchises.
RangerLobo-Guara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2017, 09:39 AM #98
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Here's how Broadway productions could be affected as a result of this deal.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...oadway-1067745
Old December 29th, 2017, 02:32 PM #99
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

No. Buffy isn't a princess and Anastasia is kind of forgotten about in general.

The latter hasn't actually been forgotten. The movie just celebrated its 20th anniversary and I remember there being some articles about it. Also, right now there is a Broadway musical, which is proving to be a hit. They even had the leading actress sing "Journey to the Past" in honor of the day the movie hit theaters 20 years ago. Like I said earlier, when Disney bought Lucasfilm so many people thought Princess Leia would be added to the line-up, but it didn't happen. I don't believe Anastasia will join that group of princesses. Plus, it's a little strange that she shares the same name as the red-haired stepsister of Cinderella.
Old December 30th, 2017, 04:56 AM #100
> RangerLobo-Guara
VIP Rider

RangerLobo-Guara
VIP Rider

Actually, some months ago I started to watch Buffy. And though I like long stories and expanded universes, after looking for what was waiting for me after the second season made me drop it. Well, Buffy is being published by... Dark Horse, right? Maybe they are going to change the publisher or not? How can it impact Dark Horse?
RangerLobo-Guara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote