Home Menu

Menu

Old January 11th, 2019, 04:06 PM #4301
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

This is a joke, right? It's funny how the wrestlers who started the company get health insurance but the other guys do not
https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/01...ver-wrestlers/
Dead2009 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 04:31 PM #4302
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Dead2009 wrote: View Post

This is a joke, right? It's funny how the wrestlers who started the company get health insurance but the other guys do not
Probably because they’re also included on the business and behind the scenes side of things.
Pretty sure WWE doesn’t give health insurance etc to their wrestlers if im not mistaken, since they’re technically considered as independent contractors or something like that (Someone correct me if im wrong)
toejammer is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 04:35 PM #4303
> wizard
VIP Robot in Disguise

wizard
VIP Robot in Disguise

toejammer wrote: View Post

Probably because they’re also included on the business and behind the scenes side of things.
Pretty sure WWE doesn’t give health insurance etc to their wrestlers if im not mistaken, since they’re technically considered as independent contractors or something like that (Someone correct me if im wrong)
Correct, but if a wrestler gets injured while working a show, WWE does pay for the medical bills. Also, they have paid for a lot of former wrestlers' rehab programs.
wizard is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 04:50 PM #4304
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

AEW was supposed to be a game changer, though. That's what it was presented as. A game changer would be giving it's employees health insurance. They failed on that aspect.
Dead2009 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 06:30 PM #4305
> Nyranger
Crazy Mariachi

Nyranger
Crazy Mariachi

They already had to backtrack on a few comments and promises they made.

Such as the equal pay and health coverage. What I found funny was that Cody cited how WWE does in fact take care of their performers and how AEW would do the same. Anyone who gets hurt working for them will get what they need, and so many people were commenting about how great it was that AEW is looking out for their wrestlers and not leaving them high and dry like the WWE.

Say what you want about pay, full on health insurance and what has you, but you have to acknowledge that, in recent years anyway, WWE takes pretty good care of their guys. Be it injuries or substance abuse issues and now looking like mental health is being treated more seriously. They’ve evolved from the old school days of wrestling being “walk it off go out and perform.”

Shit, look at how long they kept Bryan out of action and all the Doctors and treatments they explored before finally feeling confident he could safely perform again. He was their most over babyface, reluctant championship push or not do you think they were happy to not have him wrestling?

WWE gets painted with this awful broad brush of being “the bad guy” in wrestling, but it seems like a solid place to work and get taken care of. Despite ten maybe not using our favorite wrestlers how we would always want.
Nyranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 11th, 2019, 06:47 PM #4306
> powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

I dont really see how they are back tracking on anything. They clarified that women in the office will be paid as much as a Male would with the same job. Which unless your name is McMahon I doubt is happening in WWE, and they never said in the press conference about health benefits just that guys would be taken care of if hurt. Which probably ment no Z packs for serious infections.

As for Bryan being cleared being proof WWE cares post Punk. I highly doubt that Bryan maybe leaving them for All In. Had nothing to do with that.
powerpackers90 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 08:47 PM #4307
> The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

The 2nd Evil

IIRC, WWE the company doesn’t provide health insurance to the wrestlers the way I get my health insurance through work, but they assist the wrestlers in obtaining it.
The 2nd Evil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 10:36 PM #4308
> CaptainCanoe
Pssssst. behind you!

CaptainCanoe
Pssssst. behind you!

It also could be that it's very hard to get medical insurance for a wrestler. What insurer would want to insure someone who have a tremendously high risk of serious injury
CaptainCanoe is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 11:45 PM #4309
> NewWhiteTiger
Ranger in Training

NewWhiteTiger
Ranger in Training

Dead2009 wrote: View Post

You can't be mad at them for this. Here's the thing, getting health insurance when your sole job is professional wrestler is incredibly hard. Wrestlers intentionally put their bodies on the line day in and day out and an insurance provider can't exactly calculate how dangerous a spot on any particular night is going to be, meaning they can't accurately calculate the risk of insuring you. I say this because a random guy jobbing in two minutes is less likely to get hurt than someone in hardcore matches and an insurance company won't know the difference beforehand, meaning they're less likely to insure. Plus insurance companies would be even less likely to insure indy guys because any random promoter at any random show can ask you to do any random act. Meaning if some place were going to give AEW talent insurance they'd probably only do it if there was a guarantee these guys would only be performing at AEW. Now in some bizzaro world lets say these things are looked at and fixed up and some policy provider will take them. You're still going to need the money for that, and a company that's never run before just isn't going to have the kind of money to insure 20+ guys before their first show, hell probably before their first year if they're looking to make profit and pay the workers, which judging by the talent pool here will mean coming up with that money will take even longer. Company wide insurance isn't something that can just be pulled out of Cody and the Bucks' butts. This is a new business, it's going to take time to get off the floor.
NewWhiteTiger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 01:26 AM #4310
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

CaptainCanoe wrote: View Post

It also could be that it's very hard to get medical insurance for a wrestler. What insurer would want to insure someone who have a tremendously high risk of serious injury
I would imagine this plays a huge part of it but gets lost in the blame game of it all. Insurance is a nightmare for just the normal person on the street, someone who's profession is to beat each other up isn't going to be getting a lot of policy written for them.

This isn't even isolated in wrestling, pretty much all professional sports have issues with insurance and medical coverage. The major sports teams generally have special facilities and medical staff on hand to handle any kind of medical need in place of insurance to pay for a medical facility visit.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 02:56 PM #4311
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Solid showing from NXT UK tonight.

Glad they went with Gibson and Drake as the tag champs, the 'Tash Mountain are kind of above it. Balor vs Devlin was a decent master/apprentice showdown, Storm vs Ripley was alright, and Dunne vs Coffe was outstanding, although they botched a top rope move twice, Coffe kicked out of three bitter ends before tapping out. Afterwards WALTER came out and stared down Dunn
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 03:09 PM #4312
> powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

Metlzer is saying now that the TV show AEW is pitching to networks is a weekly LIVE 2 hour show.
powerpackers90 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 05:18 PM #4313
> CobraMorphBT20
its all about Emmalina

CobraMorphBT20
its all about Emmalina

Don Tony talked a bit about the health care, he says the E pays them a bit more to help off-set them getting their own coverage. & whatever the E does or does not do, its probly still better than ROH & TNA. & what does NJPW do? Or AAA & CMLL? Just because the E is the biggest game in town, they aren't the only one, they deserve a lot of the crap they get, but no one else does it different.

Also, Cody made it sound like the lowest jobber, to the highest main eventer, everyone would get paid the same amount of money. If he is going to be an exec he needs to learn to watch what he says, or he could cause all kinds of lawsuits.

As for sports entertaining being hard to cover, I'd say, take American football & double it. Or the cheerleaders. But insurance is the biggest scam in the world.

Forgot about Blackpool so

TAKEOVER: Phoenix
Ciampa retains
Gargano DEF Ricochet
This is hard to call. I assumed Johnny wrestling would get the title from the Heel Ciampa at Takeover:Brooklyn 5, maybe we still do, but it'll be a full double turn.

War Raiders DEF UE
Belair wins but with a DQ due to Shayna & friends Horsing around. I'd say Belair gets the title at Takeover/Mania

Last edited by CobraMorphBT20; January 12th, 2019 at 05:25 PM.
CobraMorphBT20 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 05:27 PM #4314
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

CobraMorphBT20 wrote: View Post

Don Tony talked a bit about the health care, he says the E pays them a bit more to help off-set them getting their own coverage. & whatever the E does or does not do, its probly still better than ROH & TNA. & what does NJPW do? Or AAA & CMLL? Just because the E is the biggest game in town, they aren't the only one, they deserve a lot of the crap they get, but no one else does it different.

Also, Cody made it sound like the lowest jobber, to the highest main eventer, everyone would get paid the same amount of money. If he is going to be an exec he needs to learn to watch what he says, or he could cause all kinds of lawsuits.

As for sports entertaining being hard to cover, I'd say, take American football & double it. Or the cheerleaders. But insurance is the biggest scam in the world.
It will probably be entry level guys will all be paid the same. If done smartly you can easily have pay based on where you are on the card. The higher you go up the more you get paid. It is hard to tell with what they will do till they actually do it.

As for NJPW I did a quick look. Those that work for them in Japan the coverage of the company would be 30% the cost if they take 100% of the medical costs as the Japanese government would brunt the rest of that.

TNA is a joke or was no idea now. Previously it was we pay for the expense when the injury happens but you have to pay TNA back the cost spent. Meaning they didn't pay shit really.

WWE pays for injury and you still collect checks while your on the shelf so you're still getting paid.

Best case they handle it like WWE you sign with them they cover your costs for work in the ring if you get hurt outside of it than it is up to you to get coverage. Which most wrestlers at that level already have. AEW has a lot to prove they aren't a rich guy starting a company they are one of the boys starting a company. You're crossing a line into being promoter and with that comes game changing stuff. THis isn't a one off event this is week to week.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 06:24 PM #4315
> wizard
VIP Robot in Disguise

wizard
VIP Robot in Disguise

Watched NXT UK Blackpool. It was decent. Mind you, I have only watched a handful of NXT:UK episodes. Mustache Mountain vs Gibson and Drake was the match of the night for me. Finn vs Devlin for me was a bit on the weak side, but I like Finn. Mastiff vs Dennis was another great match. I tried to get into Storm vs Ripley, but as soon as I was starting to, it was over. I can't believe Dunn and Joe Coffee botched that turnbuckle spot twice. Glad Dunn won, and made for an awesome stare-down with Walter at the end.

Overall, I loved 3 of the 5 matches. A good start, I will continue to watch the UK TakeOvers, but I am not sure how much I want to commit to their weekly show just yet.

NXT is a must watch for me every week. I generally watch SmackDown. On occasion RAW if I hear something interesting happened. 205 Live is about 50/50. But dang, every time Lucha House Party is on there I instantly lose interest. I will watch Impact if I am wanting something different. Pretty anxious to see what AEW comes up with. MLW has kinda faded for me after watching Impact, and then seeing 75% of the same wrestlers on that show, and their interview segments are brutal to watch.
wizard is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 06:51 PM #4316
> The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil

Missed Takeover due to a family thing, so I’m watching the show, now.

I would like to thank Blackpool for enunciating enough so I can finally understand the whole shoes off chant directed at Zack Gibson.

Still unclear as to why one is supposed to take your shoes off if you hate Gibson, but.... *Removes Shoes*
The 2nd Evil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 09:28 AM #4317
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 10:45 AM #4318
> Izzy
世界の破壊者

Izzy
世界の破壊者

Thanks, I hate it.
Izzy is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 11:21 AM #4319
> CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

Hey Vern,it`s Cena!
You can`t see me,knowwhatImean?
CheckeredRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 01:54 AM #4320
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Balor vs Lesnar?! Wow....Vince must have been impressed with the pop Balor got at NXT UK Takeover.
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
greatest golden love