Home Menu

Menu

Old September 3rd, 2017, 08:31 AM #41
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

So Hellheim was Mars? And Ryuga's zipper is already a meme.

W callbacks, intended or not:
- the country's coat of arms is clearly a CJX belt
- Sento (as in Cent? 1/100?) escaped bad guys' lair a year prior, just like Philip
- Everything started 10 years prior, which would be roughly at the same time W's Begins' Night takes place.

Don't like the formulas, hair gimmick and bottle shaking - those scream "kids show" to me and that's not what Kamen Rider is good at; last time they wanted a kiddy-friendly show, sentai-like, they ended up creating Ghost. Was also thrown off when Chancellor arrived at the end of the episode and his introduction was cut in a very distracting way.

The show has potential, but the premiere wasn't too strong. Hopefully that girl reporter gets more screentime; I bet she'll be regular in Isurugi's bar.

That secret elevator inside a refrigerator is something every kid dreamt off. Why so small, tho? P
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 08:35 AM #42
> ⚡GreenNinja
Kiritsugu Time

GreenNinja
Kiritsugu Time

The kanji for Sento is literally "war rabbit."
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 09:01 AM #43
> RedRobin
Genius Schmuck

RedRobin
Genius Schmuck

Forgot to say this, but I like how Sento can use his powers out of suit. Always love me some out of suit action.
RedRobin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 09:57 AM #44
> Lee Noire
I think. Therefore I am.

Lee Noire
I think. Therefore I am.

GreenNinja wrote: View Post

I'm not the first one to come up with it, but the first episode leaned into the "SCIENCE" angle so much I had to go with it.
My first thought was Jessie from Breaking Bad and the classic "yeah science, bitch!" Fits like a glove considering how cocky Sento is. But Build Nye is gold.
Lee Noire is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 10:18 AM #45
> MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

Post Episode Follow-Up~

-...Wow. Okay, the capitols having their own focuses was more or less a given, but focuses like economy? That threw me for a loop, I admit.

-So, the blast from Pandora's Box also changed the personalities of the people present as well? Fuck, no wonder Goatee Guy was such a sleazeball.

-I honestly think Sento was the Paradox Reenactor...The guy's hair reminds me of him from what we saw, but then again, would it make sense that the Gas people would also take him in as well to change him into a SMASH?

-See, guys?! Goatee Guy and Glasses Guy CAN'T be Nitrouge because he was watching the chase while they returned to their cars, right?! ...Gaaaah. T -T
MerCurryMeme is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 12:59 PM #46
> JaimeZeo
K, then.

JaimeZeo
K, then.

Something else I picked up on almost immediately; the music sounds almost identical to Ultraman Geed's soundtrack, which in turn is already pretty similar to Akibaranger. Kenji Kawai being Kenji Kawai.
JaimeZeo is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 05:02 PM #47
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Just watched! Really enjoyed it! It was different compared to the other Rider first episodes I've watched, which was pretty refreshing.

Build's already Build, and collecting energies from Smash to make new powers... which he can also use out-of-suit! Transformation is brilliant.

I already like Sento more than Kouta, Takeru and Emu. Not that I disliked any of them, of course; but they were all more or less the same template, and Sento is a quirky, charming inventor with a cheeky side and a lovable ego. And I really enjoy his flair when transformed.

As for the other characters... a little hard to say on most of them. Misora only had a handful of lines, but oh well feet shots~ And she seems like she could be entertaining. Soichi feels like a good pseudo-mentor character already, and the bar/café/whatever set-up is nice. Ryuga has a lot of potential, and the dynamic between him and Sento was on-point. The Chancellor and his aide, and the reporter... also show promise.

The world-building and action were also great. The effects were fun, including that bike chase. Lots to love.

Bit surprised that he already has Lion Full Bottle, though... guess he just takes a while to chance upon LionCleaner as a Best Match.

As for the OP song, to refer back to the discussion at the end of the rumour thread... I dunno, feels more like something late 90s pop-group Steps would do than a proper club anthem. I'm not hugely into them but it's a pretty neat song. Hasn't topped Excite for me.

MerCurryMeme wrote: View Post

I'm really hoping Nitrouge is a new character and not either or the two guys of the Advanced Physics division...
Nitrogue will be the Chancellor and Bloodstark will be the aide. Calling it now.

Painted Outlaw wrote: View Post

Also, why did he chase down the fugitive guy? I felt like more exposition could've gone there.
Dukemon already answered this, but it's a good example of why I wait for subs (not trying to call you out or anything). I like to understand what's being said and what's going on, and not have to infer it.
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 05:45 PM #48
> ⚡GreenNinja
Kiritsugu Time

GreenNinja
Kiritsugu Time

I've been calling Chancellor Himuro "Japanese Tony Stark" since last night. It's mostly in the facial hair.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 06:09 PM #49
> Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!

eBay
Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!

eBay

Feels a bit exposition-heavy but I like some of the stuff they're setting up.

also wondering how long before the budget overcomes them & effects more or less disappear.
Arkvoodle is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 06:44 PM #50
> S.E.E.D
Mahna mahna

S.E.E.D
Mahna mahna

That first episode was a lot of fun! Maybe a little (okay, a lot) heavy on the set-up, so I hope the next episode slows things down a little so we can react to everything and get to know the cast a little more. Plus I'm on the side that really likes the opening - I've listened to it a lot already.

Also, as someone who does a lot of physics and chemistry, I really liked the random equations everywhere. I actually got bored and labeled the ones from the Next Time image. Except I couldn't figure out one of them, whoops. I think it has to do something with electron density and going from a function of r' to a function of r? I feel like I've seen it before... Guess I'm not ready to be a Kamen Rider. (Ignore the terrible image quality.)

S.E.E.D is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 08:43 PM #51
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

Gonna be awkward if Kamen Rider Claws fights Kamen Rider Amazon Neo in the next crossover movie.
Adara.2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 08:51 PM #52
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

Finally got to see it and wow did it make a good first impression. I am curious what effect, if any, the box had on the rest of the world though. Like do the walls continue or just stop where the image shows?
maslego is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 10:08 PM #53
> Painted Outlaw
Glass Doll

Painted Outlaw
Glass Doll

Dukemon wrote: View Post

-He is indeed a genius with a high IQ, but he's fairly sure it has something to do with the experiments done on him; he just doesn't remember anything prior to that.

Yeah, so as somewhere else told me too, he's Tsukasa again. Pleasant....
"I need to find my world for my memories, maybe that's why I can do all the things? But until then, I can do all the things!"

-You need to suspend your disbelief if you're going to watch Japanese children's television.
If a journalist taking a picture when she ought to be running for her life bothers you....oh boy what you would do with the early heisei shows....
I do suspend my disbelief when watching these but that doesn't mean I'm just gonna sit here and watch bad writing and enjoy it.

Definitely never judge a toku by its first episode. These shows take at least until episode 10, sometimes 20, to hit their strides.
I get you here but, I'm also not gonna think "Oh, it's episode 1; I better not have an opinion". Also, why should I dedicate a year to something that may annoy me further?

SuperStar wrote: View Post

Maybe she just thinks that acquiring proof of the Smash is more important than her own life?
That better be good proof, then.
Painted Outlaw is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 10:25 PM #54
> Kaigan
Banned

Kaigan
Banned

Painted Outlaw wrote: View Post

I get you here but, I'm also not gonna think "Oh, it's episode 1; I better not have an opinion". Also, why should I dedicate a year to something that may annoy me further?
Because I do it and you like me.
Kaigan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 12:14 AM #55
> CrimsonEcho
Power Ranger

CrimsonEcho
Power Ranger

It'll be interesting to see how the upcoming crossover with Ex-Aid deals with a giant wall splitting Japan apart.
CrimsonEcho is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 12:17 AM #56
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

CrimsonEcho wrote: View Post

It'll be interesting to see how the upcoming crossover with Ex-Aid deals with a giant wall splitting Japan apart.
Lol, it won't.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 03:00 AM #57
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Build Premiere !!! Interesthing for the started.

Seems Sento is already Kamen Rider before the Premiere, and the Pandora Box created the SkyWalll which devived the Japan on Three Diferent factions.

That Journalist was looking for moe infor about the Kamen Rider, and used Smash energy for develoment new Power-ups is cool.

Henshin sequence was cool, and Chanceler show up with the Guardians and later Sento believed of the guy, the Bike Chase was amazing.

Nitroque show up in the final scene, and seems the war is about to started.
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 08:38 AM #58
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

S.E.E.D wrote: View Post

Also, as someone who does a lot of physics and chemistry, I really liked the random equations everywhere. I actually got bored and labeled the ones from the Next Time image. Except I couldn't figure out one of them, whoops. I think it has to do something with electron density and going from a function of r' to a function of r? I feel like I've seen it before... Guess I'm not ready to be a Kamen Rider. (Ignore the terrible image quality.)

https://i.imgur.com/z5WqK6Z.jpg
It's Coulomb's Law in integral form, for a charge distribution.

Also, the equation on the left can't be velocity in spherical coordinates; it has the wrong units. It's the square of the differential arc length in spherical coordinates.
timegold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 03:42 PM #59
> AkaGreenPrimo
Lava and War

AkaGreenPrimo
Lava and War

Akumaru wrote: View Post

Seems Sento is already Kamen Rider before the Premiere
That's a surprisingly common occurrence in Kamen Rider.

Kiva and Wizard in the last ten years alone.
AkaGreenPrimo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 04:15 PM #60
> irving_braxiatel
Power Ranger

eBay
irving_braxiatel
Power Ranger

eBay

Adara.2 wrote: View Post

Gonna be awkward if Kamen Rider Claws fights Kamen Rider Amazon Neo in the next crossover movie.
Assuming what haopened in the finale either a open ending or we'll see another Kaixa in a Taisen film all over again...
irving_braxiatel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
αρε υο∪ ρεα∂υ, 60 dollar dirty shirt, drink kamen rider cola!, full bottle full wallet, gaymen rider, kamen rider neeeeeeeerd, science!!!!!, too much math