Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2019, 12:21 PM #3261
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,210
GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,210



I really like the movie. Probably enjoyed it more than most of the recent summer movies. It continues from the show well reminding me of A-Z in that regard and adds some lore that will be picked up in the Cross-Z movie. It was at least nice to have villains that while are one-off movie actually had some impact in the show itself. Shinobu was also given a little more character and context. It was just fun seeing these characters again. The evil civilians were also a treat because there was so much personality in how they attacked Build. The directing was top notch by Kamihoriuchi. The guy is best Toei has right now.

Last edited by GokaiGold; January 10th, 2019 at 12:30 PM.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 08:37 PM #3262
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,716
TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,716



AtoMan wrote: View Post

The post-credit sequence also seem to be fully non-canonical with Sougo not really fitting his in-series persona, some SFX differences and such.
Don't think that's that unusual.

Isn't it that a lot of the summer Rider movies that tease the next Rider, usually have the character not acting completely how they are in their show, and the effects used for their stuff tend to not be accurate to what they end up getting?
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 09:11 PM #3263
Ryoutarou's Avatar
> Ryoutarou
Dot
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 11,314
Ryoutarou
Dot
Ryoutarou's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 11,314



New trailer narrated by Evolt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdH3WLR1iAw
http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2019/01/...iler-released/

The story's plot basically involves Banjo meeting a girl who still has memories of the old world and needing to protect her from Kilbus/teaming up with Evolt.
Ryoutarou is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 09:20 PM #3264
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,210
GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,210



TeraMan wrote: View Post

Don't think that's that unusual.

Isn't it that a lot of the summer Rider movies that tease the next Rider, usually have the character not acting completely how they are in their show, and the effects used for their stuff tend to not be accurate to what they end up getting?
Yeah. Gentaro had a totally different hairstyle for one. Takeru also had a slightly disposition than he did in Ghost and Sento was more antagonistic before we (and production staff) knew it wasn't him.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 02:15 AM #3265
Trannamphuong's Avatar
> Trannamphuong
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 103
Trannamphuong
Power Ranger
Trannamphuong's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 103



TeraMan wrote: View Post

Don't think that's that unusual.

Isn't it that a lot of the summer Rider movies that tease the next Rider, usually have the character not acting completely how they are in their show, and the effects used for their stuff tend to not be accurate to what they end up getting?
I swear that his voice didn't even sound the same. When I first watched the leak scene, I though it was a Thai dub or something.
Trannamphuong is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 03:14 PM #3266
AtoMan's Avatar
> AtoMan
Now read my post again
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,562
AtoMan
Now read my post again
AtoMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,562



There was also one thing that bothered me when the villain activated Pandora's Box... and we see all those civilians being caught up in that, basically turned into dust, then everyone was okay after that. WTF?
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 10:03 PM #3267
timegold's Avatar
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,272
timegold
Destroyer of Particles
timegold's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,272



So... when's the "ryusagi" wedding? When will the "be the one"? Find out after the merger.

The show draws a lot from history, especially international politics and wartime. No surprise that they'd explore the fractured governments in this movie, with the fall of previous leadership and the unease of the populace - reminiscent of Europe in the 1920's-1930's. Having a literal mass brainwashing drives that in, with the easy sway and the passionate uprising, and with Build already having been seen as a fugitive, a threat, before, his reaction was rather collected. But it's Banjou he cares about, so of course strike him at his weakness.
timegold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 08:42 AM #3268
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,381
Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,381



TeraMan wrote: View Post

Don't think that's that unusual.

Isn't it that a lot of the summer Rider movies that tease the next Rider, usually have the character not acting completely how they are in their show, and the effects used for their stuff tend to not be accurate to what they end up getting?
GokaiGold wrote: View Post

Yeah. Gentaro had a totally different hairstyle for one. Takeru also had a slightly disposition than he did in Ghost and Sento was more antagonistic before we (and production staff) knew it wasn't him.
Plus Eiji in OOO being fixated on money. Apparently these movie cameos are written as the shows are being developed so Riders are written as they're planned in that period before they're made into the character we know now. With Build they lucked out by retconning so that was Katsuragi, not Sento.

On the topic of Gentaro, his cry of "I'll be friends with all Riders!" and stuff in the first episode or two was because Fourze was originally conceived as being an anniversary team-up series but Toei quickly decided it was too soon after DCD and dropped that angle entirely. It only came up in movies where other Riders appeared after.

Last edited by Miraculous Bikkun; January 12th, 2019 at 08:54 AM.
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 09:48 AM #3269
moonknight2099's Avatar
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 770
moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
moonknight2099's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 770



AtoMan wrote: View Post

There was also one thing that bothered me when the villain activated Pandora's Box... and we see all those civilians being caught up in that, basically turned into dust, then everyone was okay after that. WTF?
thats why at the end they still where saying that the public doesnt trust the kamen riders they probably blame them for that reason

Also looks like Cross Z charge will be used in the V-cinema thats awesome we havnt seen that form for ages

Last edited by moonknight2099; January 12th, 2019 at 09:54 AM.
moonknight2099 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 11:20 AM #3270
AtoMan's Avatar
> AtoMan
Now read my post again
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,562
AtoMan
Now read my post again
AtoMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,562



Since all English-language subbing groups, for some reason, ignored Rogue ep. 3, decided to watch it RAW... and I was not only surprised that it's a full-length episode as opposed to 10-minute one, it was pretty violent too… I mean, so were the previous ones, but this one was almost on par with Amazons.

Especially with Hell Bros slicing a man's throat using their arm gears, splattering blood all around. Huh.
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 11:42 AM #3271
> DekaRed Prime
Plus Ultra!
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,206
DekaRed Prime
Plus Ultra!
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,206



AtoMan wrote: View Post

Since all English-language subbing groups, for some reason, ignored Rogue ep. 3...
Nope, Genm Corp subbed it in October.

https://genmcorp.wordpress.com/categ...n-rider-build/
DekaRed Prime is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 11:54 AM #3272
AnAlpha's Avatar
> AnAlpha
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,637
32 eBay
AnAlpha
Power Ranger
AnAlpha's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,637
32 eBay



Add me to the "movie was meh" crew. The writing was on par with the show: throw shit in that you probably didn't consider early on and just make it work.

For sake of plot Sento came across as dumb and weak several times, but the main thing that bothered me was that Inuo was going to kill Sento before Evolt rescued him -- but shortly after called to demand delivery of the box. How did he plan to get it if he has succeeded in killing Sento?

Was happy to see Genius again though, as short lived as that was. Loved Cross-Z Build tho.

The effects were pretty bad, but if we consider it's basically a longer (or 2 parter) episode, that's OK.
AnAlpha is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 11:28 PM #3273
Trannamphuong's Avatar
> Trannamphuong
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 103
Trannamphuong
Power Ranger
Trannamphuong's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 103



AnAlpha wrote: View Post

Add me to the "movie was meh" crew. The writing was on par with the show: throw shit in that you probably didn't consider early on and just make it work.

For sake of plot Sento came across as dumb and weak several times, but the main thing that bothered me was that Inuo was going to kill Sento before Evolt rescued him -- but shortly after called to demand delivery of the box. How did he plan to get it if he has succeeded in killing Sento?

Was happy to see Genius again though, as short lived as that was. Loved Cross-Z Build tho.

The effects were pretty bad, but if we consider it's basically a longer (or 2 parter) episode, that's OK.
I'm more upset by the fact that the series already prepared the Golden Rabbit and Silver Dragon for the movie, but the movie decided to ignore that plot and reset everything for its own narration.
Trannamphuong is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 14th, 2019, 12:46 AM #3274
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,210
GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,210



Trannamphuong wrote: View Post

I'm more upset by the fact that the series already prepared the Golden Rabbit and Silver Dragon for the movie, but the movie decided to ignore that plot and reset everything for its own narration.
Did they? Are you talking about the bottles not already being gold and sliver? Even in the show that wasn't a permanent change.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 03:36 AM #3275
Trannamphuong's Avatar
> Trannamphuong
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 103
Trannamphuong
Power Ranger
Trannamphuong's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 103



GokaiGold wrote: View Post

Did they? Are you talking about the bottles not already being gold and sliver? Even in the show that wasn't a permanent change.
Did they specifically show them turning back to normal? IIRC, after they turned gold and silver in-series, Build and Cross-Z never tried to use those bottles until the final ep.
Trannamphuong is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 01:12 PM #3276
Trey-El's Avatar
> Trey-El
Krypton Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 416
Trey-El
Krypton Ranger
Trey-El's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 416



Trannamphuong wrote: View Post

Did they specifically show them turning back to normal? IIRC, after they turned gold and silver in-series, Build and Cross-Z never tried to use those bottles until the final ep.
They did turn to normal. Although it isn't shown turning back in the show, in the final episode the rabbit bottle turns back into it's gold form from the original red. So the bottles can turn back to normal after the change
Trey-El is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 01:27 PM #3277
AtoMan's Avatar
> AtoMan
Now read my post again
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,562
AtoMan
Now read my post again
AtoMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,562



AkaDekaGreen wrote: View Post

Nope, Genm Corp subbed it in October.

https://genmcorp.wordpress.com/categ...n-rider-build/
I guess not putting "Kamen Rider" in the filename does that :/

(still doesn't explain why both T-N and O-T gave it up)
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 02:03 PM #3278
DarknessRanger's Avatar
> DarknessRanger
Darkness Untainted
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,453
DarknessRanger
Darkness Untainted
DarknessRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,453



TN being TN, i'd say it's too soon to say they "gave it up," but whatever.
DarknessRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 07:26 PM #3279
Trannamphuong's Avatar
> Trannamphuong
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 103
Trannamphuong
Power Ranger
Trannamphuong's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 103



Trey-El wrote: View Post

They did turn to normal. Although it isn't shown turning back in the show, in the final episode the rabbit bottle turns back into it's gold form from the original red. So the bottles can turn back to normal after the change
The final ep was producted after this movie means it could be made according to this movie's ending (that the bottles returned to normal).
Trannamphuong is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 06:51 AM #3280
Bueno's Avatar
> Bueno
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 4
Bueno
Power Ranger
Bueno's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 4



Gonna watch the Cross-Z movie next week. Hopefully it's not as boring as Be The One was.
Bueno is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Tags
αρε υο∪ ρεα∂υ, 60 dollar dirty shirt, drink kamen rider cola!, full bottle full wallet, gaymen rider, kamen rider neeeeeeeerd, science!!!!!, too much math

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:55 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.