Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2019, 10:29 AM #1141
AtoMan's Avatar
> AtoMan
Now read my post again
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,562
AtoMan
Now read my post again
AtoMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,562



Joe's whereabouts were mentioned in last episode - he's in Tibet with the kid, visiting Wally, and Cecile has been jumping there and back using those tiny discs they initially made for Supergirl.

Cisco was a headscratcher. Why would someone so knowledgeable in popculture suddenly repeat an X-Men plot?
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 10:29 AM #1142
Virus's Avatar
> Virus
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,168
Virus
Power Ranger
Virus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,168



Zhane wrote: View Post

How did A.R.GU.S. get hold of a Wayne-Tech designed Super Car?.
Did Bruce Wayne have them store it secret, before he took off.
Why is it a gadget-full 2 door muscle sports car?.
Why didn't Miss Kane get it back from A.R.G.U.S. & use it in arsenal to combat crime back in Gotham?.

Also, who got a copy of Mick's novel of "Uncaged Desire", in Star City, if one was left @ Star Labs in Central City?.
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 12:32 PM #1143
PedroMcNamara's Avatar
> PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,761
PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger
PedroMcNamara's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,761



AtoMan wrote: View Post

Joe's whereabouts were mentioned in last episode - he's in Tibet with the kid, visiting Wally, and Cecile has been jumping there and back using those tiny discs they initially made for Supergirl.

Cisco was a headscratcher. Why would someone so knowledgeable in popculture suddenly repeat an X-Men plot?
What I am hoping is this is not a return to emo Cisco. I can see it playing out that they make this 'cure' some outside forces get wind of it and start using it on metas by force, cleanse humanity sorta thing, biting on some current Supergirl story ish and then Cisco is left feeling all bad for multiple episodes about his hand in it all.

Be it this season or something that lingers next season
PedroMcNamara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 02:15 PM #1144
AtoMan's Avatar
> AtoMan
Now read my post again
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,562
AtoMan
Now read my post again
AtoMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,562



On the other hand, why did they agree on that dumb "no taking powers unless someone wants to" rule? Why won't they simply make criminals powerless? Would they consider leaving Thawne alone if they had a choice to keep him from doing more harm?
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 04:50 PM #1145
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,848
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,848



AtoMan wrote: View Post

On the other hand, why did they agree on that dumb "no taking powers unless someone wants to" rule? Why won't they simply make criminals powerless? Would they consider leaving Thawne alone if they had a choice to keep him from doing more harm?
I mean, I think we all know that if one of them doesn't purposely use the cure on some meta, then the cure will get into the wrong hands and be used on one of them either this season or next anyhow. But the point, is the rule is a good groundwork. Like, if they establish 'no forcing it on anyone' from the start it at least gives them somewhere TO start. They can come back to it later. Right now there's not even a cure period, so no point in worrying too much about it at the moment. But the rule basically covers things until they have an actual cure and can then work out the nitty gritty details.

But yeah, I mean it's totally going to be used on one of the team I feel or they'll questionably use it on some meta without consent. Just seems obvious.

I was kind of bothered initially by Cisco's turn down this path, cause yeah especially someone as pop culturally aware as him should know the ramifications of such a thing, even with the best intent. But I kinda get it too. I'm not totally thrilled with his explanation of 'well while I've been having to chill powerless it got me thinking how these powers screw up my life'. That feels a bit of an about face to his character, yet I'm not against exploring it. I do like the idea that while Cisco loves helping Barry save the world and all, he gets that he himself maybe isn't really hero material. Or at least at this moment he doesn't see himself as the long haul superhero type. It's nice to see that instead of just 'Gotta save the world, forever!' kind of mentality. So yeah, maybe wasn't executed the best, but I'm not displeased with how things are.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 09:15 PM #1146
White Genesis's Avatar
> White Genesis
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,650
White Genesis
Power Ranger
White Genesis's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,650



cISCO Has been annoying throughout the season IMO. I mean, first, he spends episodes whining about Gypsy, then he suddenly thinks he needs powers to be valuable to the team, and now, his powers suck?
White Genesis is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 09:18 PM #1147
GalaxyRed's Avatar
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,621
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin
GalaxyRed's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,621



White Genesis wrote: View Post

cISCO Has been annoying throughout the season IMO. I mean, first, he spends episodes whining about Gypsy, then he suddenly thinks he needs powers to be valuable to the team, and now, his powers suck?
You seem to be missing completely what happens between those "sudden changes".
GalaxyRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 10:49 PM #1148
HenshinQuirk's Avatar
> HenshinQuirk
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
HenshinQuirk
Power Ranger
HenshinQuirk's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 13



Either way its not going to end well. Taking bets on who loses their powers first?
HenshinQuirk is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2019, 06:27 AM #1149
AtoMan's Avatar
> AtoMan
Now read my post again
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,562
AtoMan
Now read my post again
AtoMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,562



They did that already with Barry and Caitlyn, Cisco actually wants it plus was disabled for a while. That leaves Nora, Ralph and... Cecile?

Ralph seems like a safe bet, they might go with Nora for the shock value (and she will probably get it back sometime later), Cecile's powers are weak but that might change during the season somehow.
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2019, 10:13 PM #1150
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,124
AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,124



When did Barry get good at fighting Cicada without his powers? Granted he still got knocked down, but far from owned like the first time.

Killer Frost is probably the best thing about this show right now.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 02:32 AM #1151
ultrakill's Avatar
> ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 5,012
ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com
ultrakill's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 5,012



Am I the only one not excited to watch this season on a weekly basis? I don't find Cicada an intimidating or scary villain.
ultrakill is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 08:12 AM #1152
PedroMcNamara's Avatar
> PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,761
PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger
PedroMcNamara's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,761



ultrakill wrote: View Post

Am I the only one not excited to watch this season on a weekly basis? I don't find Cicada an intimidating or scary villain.
Mmm indeed. and did we really need the end of the episode scene to be 90 seconds of his angry constipation face?

My money is on the doctor being revealed to artificially keeping the girl comatose as to maintain control over Cicada.
PedroMcNamara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 12:31 PM #1153
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,124
AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,124



ultrakill wrote: View Post

Am I the only one not excited to watch this season on a weekly basis? I don't find Cicada an intimidating or scary villain.
The stupid reveal of Thinker's plan kind of numbed me to everything that happens on this show now.

'cept the suit. LOVE this suit.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 12:46 PM #1154
PedroMcNamara's Avatar
> PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,761
PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger
PedroMcNamara's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,761



AkaGreenPrimo wrote: View Post

The stupid reveal of Thinker's plan kind of numbed me to everything that happens on this show now.

'cept the suit. LOVE this suit.
The helmet...strapless cowl...i just....I can't....
PedroMcNamara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 04:37 PM #1155
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,848
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,848



AkaGreenPrimo wrote: View Post

When did Barry get good at fighting Cicada without his powers? Granted he still got knocked down, but far from owned like the first time.

Killer Frost is probably the best thing about this show right now.
I mean, he wasn't really exhibiting amazing fighting skills or anything. He was a little better, got a little bit of an upper hand on Cicada. Very little. Given the situation it's not unreasonable to believe Barry might try some simple fighting practice.

You could also argue that his time as Oliver Queen in the crossover and him actually doing some real physical fighting, left him with at least some basic knowledge or familiarity. Nothing complex, just enough to improve him slightly.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 07:23 PM #1156
bearytrek's Avatar
> bearytrek
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,492
bearytrek
Power Ranger
bearytrek's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,492



PedroMcNamara wrote: View Post

The helmet...strapless cowl...i just....I can't....
what also bothers me is the patchwork design that just looks wonky...the helmet doesn't look like its connected to the rest of the suit...the rest of the suit has these weird diamonds and crossover fabrics that don't make the suit look sleek...

the older suits at least looked smoother and had flattering design elements like the lightning going down the front seams...

I was crossing my fingers that they didn't make the rogue cop
Captain Singh
because they seemed to have a few moments where they implied it might be...
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 07:29 PM #1157
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,848
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,848



bearytrek wrote: View Post


I was crossing my fingers that they didn't make the rogue cop
Captain Singh
because they seemed to have a few moments where they implied it might be...
I totally had the same thought as well, and was worried too.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 07:46 PM #1158
GalaxyRed's Avatar
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,621
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin
GalaxyRed's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,621



bearytrek wrote: View Post

I was crossing my fingers that they didn't make the rogue cop
Captain Singh
because they seemed to have a few moments where they implied it might be...
Alitain wrote: View Post

I totally had the same thought as well, and was worried too.
I knew immediately that it wasn't going to be him. Mostly because they actually lingered a bit on the real culprit in this episode before the reveal that Cecille was "feeling" him being off.
GalaxyRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 09:46 PM #1159
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,210
GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,210



ultrakill wrote: View Post

Am I the only one not excited to watch this season on a weekly basis? I don't find Cicada an intimidating or scary villain.
No, Cicada should have been beaten weeks ago. Even this week his was beaten twice and they had to come up with some reason for him to get away. At this point they're just stretching him out to fill the whole season.

Last edited by GokaiGold; January 23rd, 2019 at 09:51 PM.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 09:57 PM #1160
KaijuRanger's Avatar
> KaijuRanger
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 117
KaijuRanger
Power Ranger
KaijuRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 117



GokaiGold wrote: View Post

No, Cicada should have been beaten weeks ago. Even this week his was beaten twice and they had to come up with some reason for him to get away. At this point they're just stretching him out to fill the whole season.
Yeah I watch the show with my dad and he calls bull crap every time they let Cicada get away.
KaijuRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.