Home Menu

Menu

Old September 22nd, 2014, 06:29 PM #1
> Nasaniaru
PR BACK IN ACTION!!!

Nasaniaru
PR BACK IN ACTION!!!

Are You On... The Blacklist?

So, with the second season about to kick off in around 30 Minutes, I'm sorta surprised to see that this show has yet to have a discussion about it going. So, to correct this mistake, I now open it up.

Meet Raymond "Red" Reddington. He is on the FBI's Most Wanted List, and he has just turned himself in... to the FBI. He's here for one reason and one reason only. He has people he would like to see snuffed out. A list of people actually. A Blacklist. Problem is, he refuses to work with anyone with the exception of one person.

Meet Elizabeth Keen. Recently appointed as a criminal profiler, her rank has been seriously upgraded due to the request of the FBI. Of course the only reason why the FBI want her in such a high role is because they were requested to do so by none other than our own Raymond Reddington.

Together, they will work with the FBI to bring down some of the worst criminals the FBI has ever heard of. And even some they don't. Truths will be revealed, secrets will be kept, and trust will never be so easy to come by again.

Now enough with the summary, onto emotions. I saw a two minute ad on YouTube (that basically gave away the entire first episode) and thought that the premise was interesting so I decided to check it out. James Spader as the criminal mastermind Red Reddington was excellently cast and he preforms the role with as much skill as Raymond does with dispatching with those on the Blacklist.

I just love the sheer charisma and snake-like charm that James Spader lets Raymond Reddington ooze with. He's both utterly noble, and utterly despicable. The kindest man you'll meet, and the most evil. Has the grace of God, but the taintedness of the Devil. James Spader's acting is good to the highest degree.

Megan Boone also does a great job in the whole thing as a novice thrust into the world of the ultra criminal and the character herself definitely gets to shine more and more as truths are revealed and her character definitely grows and develops as she gets herself into more dangerous territory.

So, with all that being said, I hope that other RangerBoarders here enjoy this show as well, and who knows? Maybe this conversation will go somewhere.

Just be careful. Or you might find yourself on... The Blacklist. Oh, and one more thing. Beware of Berlin. Have fun.

The Blacklist can be found on the American Cable Network, NBC at 10:00PM/9:00PM Central after The Voice.
Nasaniaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2014, 10:08 PM #2
> True Darkness
The Foundation of Evil

True Darkness
The Foundation of Evil

That season premiere was everything I was expecting and then some. I'm hoping we find out more about Red's dealings with Massad. The twist with both the identity of Lord Baltimore's target and Lord Baltimore's identity played out really well and looks like it might lead to a season long arch. I can't wait for next week.

Speaking of next week, it finally happens. Red and Berlin come face to face.
True Darkness is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 01:04 AM #3
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

Red has a wife now? This dude's one serious onion.

And how do you make a boring character interesting? Give him a beard and a cane! >_>
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 06:57 AM #4
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

^ Layers and layers...

Pretty solid premier... I swear James Spader is fucking fantastic! Those first few minutes with being captured, to the explosions, the way he delivers lines and the "try me" attitude is played perfectly without being over-the-top or eye rolling... it's just perfect.

Eager to see what season 2 brings to the table.

Oh and Primo... Cooper looks badass with the beard and cane...
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 02:02 PM #5
> Nasaniaru
PR BACK IN ACTION!!!

Nasaniaru
PR BACK IN ACTION!!!

Yes, this premiere was quite good. I can't believe that Berlin is already starting to mutilate Red's wife. If they're going through with mutilating her, then this story will NOT have a happy ending. I'm also looking forward to the meeting between Red and Berlin that will be coming in the next episode. Now something that is only relevant to me. Of the two American shows that I'm keeping up with concurently, This and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the two female protagonists have decided in the first episode of the second season, to change their hairstyles.

But yes, solid season opener and James Spader continues to bring a drought to those looking for disappointment with his SUPERB acting. Looking forward to the next one.

Last edited by Nasaniaru; September 23rd, 2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2014, 04:26 PM #6
> True Darkness
The Foundation of Evil

True Darkness
The Foundation of Evil

It's funny that The Black List is the reason I'm hyped for Avengers Age of Ultron. James Spader is just such a talented man I could watch him sit in a chair and read the ingredients of a can of chili so I know anytime he plays a bad guy it is going to be a memorable performance.
Old September 24th, 2014, 12:16 AM #7
> ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

The nonchalance of Reddington has returned and it's awesome.

I like how they jumped right back into it and it certainly didn't feel like they were ever on a break. And the characters are just as the same as they were in season 1 but not at the time same time. I'm sure it'll make for interesting interactions down the line.

And that ending. DAMN! Sadistic much?

Also, I had a "hell yeah" moment when Cooper resumed his position.
ultrakill is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 12:18 AM #8
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

True Darkness wrote: View Post

James Spader is just such a talented man I could watch him sit in a chair and read the ingredients of a can of chili so I know anytime he plays a bad guy it is going to be a memorable performance.
Alan Shore, Robert California, Mr. Grey, Stanky Hanky, Daniel Jackson... none of it works without him.
Old September 30th, 2014, 01:11 AM #9
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

Oh, good, he shaved off the crappy ingrown beard.

The humor of Ressler not noticing Keen's struggle on the other side of the glass was definitely out of the blue on this show.

And so just like with the husband stuff from last season, we're going to have to wait probably all year to see anything interesting come from the Berlin and Mrs. Reddington stuff. Joy. -__-
Old September 30th, 2014, 01:15 AM #10
> True Darkness
The Foundation of Evil

True Darkness
The Foundation of Evil

I'll be honest I was not expecting Red to get his wife back from Berlin this early in the season, but it could lead to some interesting dynamics.
Old September 30th, 2014, 11:03 AM #11
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Nor was I. I expected her to be in far more pieces before he eventually got her back.

Thing is though... to touch on Primo's "Ressler" statement, here we go with the "dull the pain" scenario. While I think it'll put some strain on Keen and him, the fact is... it's an overused device that we're used to in all cop shows at some point. Unless they get creative, all this is going to do is bog down the show and fizzle out. I'm hoping not, we'll see.

And yes Primo... he shaved the beard... *sigh. I turned to my wife and said, "Dammit! He got rid of the beard... he looked better with it!" As a beard wearing man myself, I think a couple of beard hairs turned grey after that... lol!
Old October 7th, 2014, 01:36 AM #12
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

Okay, I demand more Pee-Wee. His comic angle was almost as intriguing as Red's himself.

And hey, they didn't waste time and actually put the Mr. and Mrs. face to face already! ^__^
Old October 7th, 2014, 05:12 PM #13
> True Darkness
The Foundation of Evil

True Darkness
The Foundation of Evil

I agree I want more Pee-Wee his brief appearance was the true gem of this episode.

Rather she is actually Red's daughter or not Lizzie has a lot of Red in her.

So, I'm assuming the sniper staying in the same motel as Lizzie works for Berlin.
Old October 14th, 2014, 01:00 AM #14
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

Wow, this was a really good episode. Essentially programming sleeper agents based solely on their inability to process stress normally is a very intriguing concept. We're finally past the Mrs. Reddington BS and sent her on her way. And Pee-Wee made his triumphant return!

I wonder who Elizabeth has locked up in there. It can't be Tom, can it? But who else would be worth capturing? #LizziesSecret
Old October 18th, 2014, 10:15 PM #15
> thundercat7031
Power Ranger

eBay
thundercat7031
Power Ranger

eBay

wish I was that would mean I was awesome
thundercat7031 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2014, 10:43 PM #16
> True Darkness
The Foundation of Evil

True Darkness
The Foundation of Evil

Primo Haim Saban wrote: View Post

Wow, this was a really good episode. Essentially programming sleeper agents based solely on their inability to process stress normally is a very intriguing concept. We're finally past the Mrs. Reddington BS and sent her on her way. And Pee-Wee made his triumphant return!

I wonder who Elizabeth has locked up in there. It can't be Tom, can it? But who else would be worth capturing? #LizziesSecret
I was watching with my girlfriend and as soon as it was over I said "she has Tom locked up". After giving it some thought though I question when she caught him?
Old October 21st, 2014, 12:58 AM #17
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

At first, I didn't get why the impostor was so put out simply pretending to be Keen, especially for the cash she was getting, but I didn't know stripping was part of the deal. :/

And I'm not sure NBC knows the definition of the word 'finally'. It's only been a week since we even learned she had a guy locked up.
Old October 28th, 2014, 12:30 AM #18
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

I'm really tired of Ressler's addiction. All it says to me is "We need something to make this guy memorable."

Oh, and the guy locked up was Tom. Surprised faces for everyone, amirite? No? Yeah. >_____>
Old October 28th, 2014, 07:19 AM #19
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

^ Yep... full agreement with that. Like I said before... it needs to be creative for his addiction... but so far... it's just like you said, "... memorable."

I mean, was there ever any doubt it was Tom... I mean, really?

This season isn't bad, but not as gripping as the first... second seasons rarely are... but honestly, if it wasn't for Spader, I would have been done before now.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:05 PM #20
> Nasaniaru
PR BACK IN ACTION!!!

Nasaniaru
PR BACK IN ACTION!!!

This latest episode has really interesting way of flipping our expectations of the main leads around. The once good Agent Keen is getting into darker and darker grey sides of morality, while Red is being portrayed as more valiant and honorable. And I can see that Berlin is just the final step of one level, and a the first step to a new one.