Home Menu

Menu

Old September 19th, 2014, 05:57 PM #81
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

PowerDigiDragon wrote: View Post

This hasn't been mention,but do you guys think Beast Boy will be in it?
Unless he's Greg Cipes, I don't want him.

I'd prefer Bunker, to be honest.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2014, 06:11 PM #82
> Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

i think beast boy would be too expensive so i think they'd go witj another
or he won't use his powers a lot
Dr. Who 07 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2014, 07:15 PM #83
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Or they'd go really cheap and just have the actor pretend to be each animal.

Also, I did see Greg Cipes in a live-action role before. Realised it was him instantly from the voice.
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 04:25 AM #84
> Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

If there is no Beast Boy, my interest in this show will be significantly lessened.
Red Ranger Sam is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 04:37 AM #85
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Red Ranger Sam wrote: View Post

If there is no Beast Boy, my interest in this show will be significantly lessened.
Practically Beast Boy is one of the hardest heroes to do long term on a tv show. An episode or two maybe but every episode? You have to remember is actually not the actor that is the problem its the 3 ways of doing him. Way 1 practical use of animals multiple animals through out the series. They will require color treatment in post and they will require cgi going into and out of Beast Boy's forms. This way will also require a lot of trained animals increased risk of being hurt for the actors and stuntmen. Way 2 pure cgi and that is just straight up expensive less risk for actors but costs more in post. The third and final way the is in name only Beast Boy he doesn't fully change into different animals either by choice, by some story reason or he just can't. Instead we go all practical on him and give him the makeup treatment. He doesn't transform his whole body but instead bits of his body a rhino horn here, bear paws or tiger claws maybe elongated snout like a dog to bite with. Something you could do practically but doesn't require a lot of cgi.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 04:48 AM #86
> Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

The practicality issues don't really matter to me. I like the character and if they don't have him, I'll certainly understand why, but I just won't be as interested in the show.
Old September 20th, 2014, 04:51 AM #87
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

The practicality issues don't really matter to me. I like the character and if they don't have him, I'll certainly understand why, but I just won't be as interested in the show.
Damn the show if they don't bend to your will? Look I love Beat Boy too he's on of my favorite titans. However him not being on the team doesn't mean the show will suck. Sure it'll lose some of its heart but it won't be a death blow to the show missing one character. I'd take option 3 just to have him in the show at least then we can have him be on the show. I'd even take it where he's normal looking no green skin till he changes shape.
Old September 20th, 2014, 05:24 AM #88
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

I was thinking of the part-transforming thing even as I read your post, christopherjohn. They could display him as having difficulties fully shifting, maybe have him occasionally manage it or something but generally using just parts of animals. That could have neat applications too - growing a scorpion tail (not the most practical in terms of effects, but the first example that came to mind) would be more useful than turning into a scorpion just to use the tail.
Old September 20th, 2014, 06:20 AM #89
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

Why does Beat Boy even NEED to be a part of it? I think that's purely the "Teen Titans show" folks talking. Beast Boy wasn't always a member in the comics - and in fact, his primary allegiance was originally to the Doom Patrol, anyway. A Titans show can get along perfectly without him.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 01:50 PM #90
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

MoonsKnight wrote: View Post

I think that's purely the "Teen Titans show" folks talking.
I'd wager 90% of the people who've heard about this project at this stage have only watched the cartoon.
Old September 20th, 2014, 02:37 PM #91
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Doesn't help the comics cater to it. When the Teen Titans were revived as a team in the comics, it was in response to the cartoon, so of course Beast Boy was part of it until he left and rejoined the Doom Patrol, then the Titans (which consisted entirely of the adult New Teen Titans). He's also part of the current New 52 Teen Titans too.

But yeah, there are many other Teen Titans other than Beast Boy. Like Primo said, I would LOVE to see Bunker or someone instead.
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 02:53 PM #92
> MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

I'm all for diversity for this show as well. As a non comic book/casual fan; I would love to see obscure members of the Titans. It'll be a learning experience.
MerCurryMeme is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 03:33 PM #93
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

B-kun wrote: View Post

But yeah, there are many other Teen Titans other than Beast Boy. Like Primo said, I would LOVE to see Bunker or someone instead.
If a weirdo is required, I wonder how well Kid Devil would go over.
Old September 20th, 2014, 04:18 PM #94
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

My experience is pretty much exclusively the cartoon, yeah. I'd enjoy seeing some new characters - I certainly don't think it'd be worth using the same core five (and I understand that Cyborg can't be used anyway) - though it'd probably be nice to have a few familiar faces, which the remaining three (Nightwing, Star and Raven) would provide.

Doesn't mean we can't theorise on how they'd handle Beast Boy, though.
Old September 20th, 2014, 05:39 PM #95
> Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Damn the show if they don't bend to your will? Look I love Beat Boy too he's on of my favorite titans. However him not being on the team doesn't mean the show will suck. Sure it'll lose some of its heart but it won't be a death blow to the show missing one character. I'd take option 3 just to have him in the show at least then we can have him be on the show. I'd even take it where he's normal looking no green skin till he changes shape.
Calm down. That isn't even close to what I said. I just personally am more interested in a Titans show with Beast Boy in it, it doesn't mean I wish death and carnage upon the show and it doesn't mean I believe the show will suck. I'll approach it with an open mind either way, but my excitement for the project is lesser is Beast Boy isn't in it.

Why does Beat Boy even NEED to be a part of it? I think that's purely the "Teen Titans show" folks talking. Beast Boy wasn't always a member in the comics - and in fact, his primary allegiance was originally to the Doom Patrol, anyway. A Titans show can get along perfectly without him.
He doesn't NEED to be there. Many forms of the Titans have existed without him. I would just prefer him to be there. Is there harm in that?

Primo Haim Saban wrote: View Post

I'd wager 90% of the people who've heard about this project at this stage have only watched the cartoon.
I've read the comics (well, not all the comics because there is a crazy large number of comics, but I have read the comics).
Old September 20th, 2014, 06:28 PM #96
> PowerDigiDragon
Public Enemy Number #1

PowerDigiDragon
Public Enemy Number #1

Calm down. That isn't even close to what I said. I just personally am more interested in a Titans show with Beast Boy in it, it doesn't mean I wish death and carnage upon the show and it doesn't mean I believe the show will suck. I'll approach it with an open mind either way, but my excitement for the project is lesser is Beast Boy isn't in it.

He doesn't NEED to be there. Many forms of the Titans have existed without him. I would just prefer him to be there. Is there harm in that?

I've read the comics (well, not all the comics because there is a crazy large number of comics, but I have read the comics).
Plus most that think Teen Titans think the cartoon. Not many people read the comics. If you want those that are familiar with Teen Titans to watch the new show. It's probably a good idea to have characters thier familiar with.

Most that think of Titans think of Robin/Nightwing,Starfire,Beast Boy,Raven and Cyborg.

You can introduce new character in later seasons,but don't alienate the causual fans off the bat by having characters they never heard of replacing core members.
PowerDigiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 09:56 PM #97
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

I'm referring to the people acting like the show would be "missing a character" or be somehow incomplete without having Beast Boy there. And again, that's silly because versions of the team have existed without him on it. They can pretty much choose any combination of the many rotating members of the Titans to use.

Personally, I'd love to finally see a live-action Static.
Old September 21st, 2014, 06:05 AM #98
> Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

I'm referring to the people acting like the show would be "missing a character" or be somehow incomplete without having Beast Boy there. And again, that's silly because versions of the team have existed without him on it. They can pretty much choose any combination of the many rotating members of the Titans to use.
Except no one here was acting that way, so...
Old September 21st, 2014, 06:38 AM #99
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

Umm...

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Sure it'll lose some of its heart but it won't be a death blow to the show missing one character.
Which seems to imply that "without Beast Boy, the show would be missing a character."
Old September 21st, 2014, 07:15 AM #100
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Umm...

Which seems to imply that "without Beast Boy, the show would be missing a character."
It would be missing a character. Just like if they don't use Red Devil they will be missing a character. Teen Titans/Titans isn't one character its a team which has had a lot of members. So yes it will be missing characters.