Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2019, 08:32 PM #1321
Slowpokeking's Avatar
> Slowpokeking
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 740
Slowpokeking
Power Ranger
Slowpokeking's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 740



GalaxyRed wrote: View Post

That's not the same thing. At all. 2002 He-Man revamped Skeletor and King Hiss, and even Count Marzo, because they were already villains for He-Man. Marzo had a one-off episode in the 80's cartoon series. King Hiss might've only been in mini-comics at that point, but he was a He-Man villain regardless. Changing them to fit She-Ra is not how you make the show better, because they were never part of She-Ra's show to begin with. Skeletor was somehat involved in the 2002 series (it's implied that he's the one that kidnaps Adora and handed her to Hordak in the bible for the series, if it continued), but that is the only connection they would've had.

I'm done with this, though, since you're not even reading what we're saying and just repeating that they should bring them in without listening to WHY that doesn't work.
So you are back with "but they are He Man villains!"

Again none of these even matters, revamped Marzo pretty much got nothing to do with his 1985 minor villain self. Being He Man villain or not matter not because we don't have a He Man show, all we should think of is that will they fit the current show or not.

Why don't they make She Ra show better? Because they were He Man villain in the previous continuity, even though they got no unique core value conflict with He Man and would fit She Ra's story as well? So Hordak is pretty much a She Ra villain to the majority, using him as the most powerful villain in the 2002 series damaged the He Man show? Of course not.

"They are He Man villains" is not a valid reason because we don't have a He Man show yet.
Slowpokeking is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 08:35 PM #1322
GalaxyRed's Avatar
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,604
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin
GalaxyRed's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,604



Slowpokeking wrote: View Post

So you are back with "but they are He Man villains!"

Again none of these even matters, revamped Marzo pretty much got nothing to do with his 1985 minor villain self. Being He Man villain or not matter not because we don't have a He Man show, all we should think of is that will they fit the current show or not.

Why don't they make She Ra show better? Because they were He Man villain in the previous continuity, even though they got no unique core value conflict with He Man and would fit She Ra's story as well? So Hordak is pretty much a She Ra villain to the majority, using him as the most powerful villain in the 2002 series damaged the He Man show? Of course not.
Last time I'm saying this, because you're apparently not reading. It's not really about the villains. It's about potentially harming the brand in the future. She-Ra doesn't need new villains, she needs better writing.
GalaxyRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 2nd, 2019, 08:43 PM #1323
Slowpokeking's Avatar
> Slowpokeking
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 740
Slowpokeking
Power Ranger
Slowpokeking's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 740



GalaxyRed wrote: View Post

Last time I'm saying this, because you're apparently not reading. It's not really about the villains. It's about potentially harming the brand in the future. She-Ra doesn't need new villains, she needs better writing.
My friend, there is NO future for this continuity if this show doesn't do well and get axed. The only thing we should worry about now, is keep this show going and make it better, not to thinking about another nonexistent show which will NEVER come to life if this show doesn't do well.

To be fair, She Ra does need new villains, the 1985 series had almost nobody as a match for her. After seeing how King Hiss and Hordak filled the 2002 series, I firmly support her to have new villains. He Man 2002 got 3 awesome antagonists and 2 powerful non leaders(Evil Lyn and Marzo), She Ra would need more than Hordak and Shadow Weaver.
Slowpokeking is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 09:02 PM #1324
Titanium321's Avatar
> ⚡Titanium321
Moderator
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,591
Titanium321
Moderator
Titanium321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,591



How about we see her actually fight Hordak and the Horde before we worry about King Hiss?
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 09:06 PM #1325
Slowpokeking's Avatar
> Slowpokeking
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 740
Slowpokeking
Power Ranger
Slowpokeking's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 740



Titanium321 wrote: View Post

How about we see her actually fight Hordak and the Horde before we worry about King Hiss?
Sure, I just think more great villains would bring this show to another level.

As much as I like the 1985 series, I think the evil Horde was portrayed too stupid and weak even with 80s villain standards, I always question that HOW did they conquer so many worlds?
Slowpokeking is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 09:21 PM #1326
Titanium321's Avatar
> ⚡Titanium321
Moderator
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,591
Titanium321
Moderator
Titanium321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,591



Slowpokeking wrote: View Post

Sure, I just think more great villains would bring this show to another level.

As much as I like the 1985 series, I think the evil Horde was portrayed too stupid and weak even with 80s villain standards, I always question that HOW did they conquer so many worlds?
I mean, she hasn't even really started facing her own villain set yet. Regardless of rights issues going on, maybe it's jumping the gun to wonder about bringing in other villains from other shows or incarnations before they even have Hordak do anything. Like, anything.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 09:25 PM #1327
Slowpokeking's Avatar
> Slowpokeking
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 740
Slowpokeking
Power Ranger
Slowpokeking's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 740



Titanium321 wrote: View Post

I mean, she hasn't even really started facing her own villain set yet. Regardless of rights issues going on, maybe it's jumping the gun to wonder about bringing in other villains from other shows or incarnations before they even have Hordak do anything. Like, anything.
I understand. And that's why I go back to talk about the Horde.

I think the Shadow Weaver should get a lot of focus because she could make the story interesting, they should make her not that loyal to Hordak, much like the Starscream.
Slowpokeking is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2019, 04:12 AM #1328
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,526
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,526



Shadow Weaver wasn't entirely loyal in the original show, either. There were at least two episodes where she (as well as the others) were all too willing to see Hordak gone.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2019, 09:20 AM #1329
Slowpokeking's Avatar
> Slowpokeking
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 740
Slowpokeking
Power Ranger
Slowpokeking's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 740



If you can choose a minor She Ra villain to receive the "Marzo boost", which one will you pick?
Slowpokeking is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2019, 09:24 AM #1330
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,526
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,526



Minor villain: Horde Prime. Yeah, I know he's the top level Horde leader who oversees everything and is the overall big bad to defeat, but he only ever showed up a few times over the course of the original show, and never once did he interact with any of the heroes (although Swift Wind came awfully close to meeting him).
BobbyDrake2000 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2019, 09:27 AM #1331
Virus's Avatar
> Virus
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,008
Virus
Power Ranger
Virus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,008



Slowpokeking wrote: View Post

If you can choose a minor She Ra villain to receive the "Marzo boost", which one will you pick?
Hunga maybe or Mortella
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2019, 05:48 PM #1332
Slowpokeking's Avatar
> Slowpokeking
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 740
Slowpokeking
Power Ranger
Slowpokeking's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 740



I still prefer to see a powerful physical fighter since neither Hordak nor Shadow Weaver was that type.
Slowpokeking is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2019, 10:21 PM #1333
OrionPower2001's Avatar
> OrionPower2001
Charmed One
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,017
OrionPower2001
Charmed One
OrionPower2001's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,017



Slowpokeking wrote: View Post

If you can choose a minor She Ra villain to receive the "Marzo boost", which one will you pick?
Definitely Hunga and the Harpies. I always got the impression that Hunga and Angella had history in the original cartoon (Angella became her prisoner when Bright Moon first fell to the Horde , plus Hunga held Micah hostage when he escaped Horde World and returned to Etheria.), It would be awesome to see Hunga and her cronies get a power boost and become a legit threat in the new show. Maybe even use it to give Angella and Glimmer some character development as well.
OrionPower2001 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 02:23 PM #1334
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,577
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,577



The He-Man movie script is now being written by Art Marcum and Matt Holloway (Iron Man, The Last Knight, Punisher: War Zone)

http://collider.com/he-man-movie-mas...update-writers
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 02:27 PM #1335
Virus's Avatar
> Virus
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,008
Virus
Power Ranger
Virus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,008



Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

The He-Man movie script is now being written by Art Marcum and Matt Holloway (Iron Man, The Last Knight, Punisher: War Zone)

http://collider.com/he-man-movie-mas...update-writers
Is there any actual chance of this being made?
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 02:51 PM #1336
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,529
Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,529



Virus wrote: View Post

Is there any actual chance of this being made?
*shakes magic 8 ball* Don't count on it.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 06:25 PM #1337
PopCultureLover06's Avatar
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,244
PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger
PopCultureLover06's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,244



Salted Pepper wrote: View Post

*shakes magic 8 ball* Don't count on it.
Especially how it has been in development hell for over a decade now
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 06:39 PM #1338
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,526
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,526



He-Man nostalgia's at all time high thanks to the internet and the new She-Ra show. Hell, toys are even making a comeback. There's a line of mini-figures out, and now there are vehicles and playsets coming for said mini-figs, like the Wind Raider. I honestly think we might actually get a He-Men movie this time.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 07:38 PM #1339
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 80,340
AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 80,340



BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

I honestly think we might actually get a He-Men movie this time.
If we can get an (awful) Conan movie, we'll get a He-Man movie.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 02:12 PM #1340
PopCultureLover06's Avatar
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,244
PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger
PopCultureLover06's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,244



Yeah just why should we believe it's actually happening this time, based on the history of development hell it has gone through
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:41 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.