Home Menu

Menu

Old December 25th, 2013, 05:27 PM #41
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Nielzabub wrote: View Post

I liked that in the 2002 series He-Man and Adam shared similar physical traits but weren't obviously the same person. Original He-Man's "disguise" is worse than Superman putting on glasses.
That was only done because it was cheap. Filmation did things like that to keep costs down and avoid outsourcing animation. From what I've heard though, if it weren't for that, they also would've had Adam a boy, but He-Man, a man.
Dragonwolf Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2013, 08:01 PM #42
> Patamon
Digimon of Hope

Patamon
Digimon of Hope

ah Masters of the universe, a huge part of my childhood back in the day (alongside DC Super Powers, Marvel Secret Wars, Thundercats, and Transformers G1) My brother and I had a huge collection of the vintage figure line including several playsets (Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, Point Dread, and The Slime Pit) and a lot of vehicles (Wind Raider, Skysleds, Battle Ram, Roton, Attack Track, Dragonwalker, Landshark, Talon Fighter, and some more I can't remember)

only had two New Adventures figures (He-man and Skeletor) but didn't really get into New Adventures since at the time I had gotten into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by then.

Did love the 200X revival though, the figures looked awesome but sad to see that line tank like it did. (didn't help that the line was over swamped with He-man and Skeletor variants, and the fact CN canned it using the figures lack of sales as a reason, ironically the same fate that befell the 2011 revival of Thundercats and I loved the Thundercats Classics line, that line should have lived on). I would have loved to have seen more of the Horde in the 200X series besides the flashback battle with King Grayskull. Though we did get a SDCC exclusive 200X She-Ra figure as well as stations of Hordak, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, and Mosquitor.

MOTUC is one awesome line with tons of throwbacks to the vintage line, definitely love the fact the line even has characters whom never had figures back in the day due to the Filmation rights not being acquired by mattel back in the 80s yet they got them now. I was blown away with the accuracy on a lot of the characters especially the Filmation characters being spot on like Shadow Weaver, Octavia (no not the pony either), and Queen Marlena, even villains like Batros, Shokoti, Icer, and Fangman were done brilliantly as if they stepped out of the old cartoon into figure form.

the Classics Castle Grayskull looks like a great and awesome upgrade to the vintage version with some Filmation thrown in. if I had the cash I'd spring for one and maybe some figures to go with. Now if Mattel could only do a filmation accurate Fright Zone....
Patamon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 04:57 AM #43
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

I liked that in the 2002 series He-Man and Adam shared similar physical traits but weren't obviously the same person. Original He-Man's "disguise" is worse than Superman putting on glasses.
I loved the Twisted Toyfare Theater gag (anyone here ever read those?) where Skeletor had a picture of He-Man and Adam side by side on his wall, declaring them both his worst enemies. Both were in the exact same pose, with the exact same expression.
BobbyDrake2000 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2013, 09:42 PM #44
> GreenDTRanger
Bronze Age > New 52

GreenDTRanger
Bronze Age > New 52

Loved He-Man and She-Ra as a kid, and the movie too. I was so jealous of my best friend at the time because he was an only child and not only had EVERYTHING in the toyline, but multiples of vehicles. He even had the fraking Eternia playset. But my interest waned as I hated the 1990 show and TMNT was starting to dominate.

It wasn't until I finally saw the Christmas special as an adult that my interest was sparked. I got to relive my memories through the DVDs and discovered that I actually liked She-Ra more because it actually tried to have the occasional character growth like the pirate love interest and Swift Wind becoming a father while He-Man heavily maintained the status quo.

I felt the 2002 show was a nice update if a little too anime on occasion. I scoured toy shelves for 2 years trying to have a figure collection I was denied as a child. But with a fire and moving a few times all I have left are Prince Adam, Orko, Beast Man and Man-E-Faces. I think my mother still has my Castle Grayskull though.

I don't really care for the new comics. Reinterpretation is sometimes necessary but they changed too much, like the fact that everyone knows Adam is He-Man. There was a charming innocence about the original show and their stories completely absent in these comics.

LOVE the Classics toyline! I'm starting to collect them but am being much more cautious. Right now have She-Ra, Adora, Adam, Orko, Skeletor and Robot Chicken's Mo-Lar.

And if you want a good chuckle Robot Chicken has done several spoofs. My fave is when Adora gets her monthly visitor.

Last edited by GreenDTRanger; December 28th, 2013 at 06:59 PM.
GreenDTRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2013, 10:43 PM #45
> Patamon
Digimon of Hope

Patamon
Digimon of Hope

lol I remember that, Adora getting her monthly visitor and taking it out on the Horde, definitely loved the customs they used on Robot Chicken for the likes of Shadow Weaver and Madame Razz, speaking of Razz. She might be coming out soon in MOTUC 2014 line up since one of her accessories was revealed not too long ago (as well as New adventures Skeletor and an alternate damaged head for Faker that has a Terminator like feel to it)
Patamon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2013, 04:49 AM #46
> ϟMegaRed
The type of god you deserve.

MegaRed
The type of god you deserve.

Muramasa wrote: View Post

The 2002 series was pretty decent and it actually showed the stakes being high and Skeletor was a credible villain in that series.
Until Snake Armor, that kinda killed it for me.

That being said, as much as I hate to admit it, I LOVE HE-MAN's new sword in the comics, and even the new look is growing on me. It's still not as good as his classic look and sword, but it's pretty good.
MegaRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2013, 10:28 PM #47
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

With Patamon's talk about Madame Razz, in retrospect, does anyone wish they had a scene in the first five episodes showing her and Kowl learning Adora's secret? With the way they did the show, you'd think they'd do that.
Old December 29th, 2013, 06:41 AM #48
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote: View Post

With Patamon's talk about Madame Razz, in retrospect, does anyone wish they had a scene in the first five episodes showing her and Kowl learning Adora's secret? With the way they did the show, you'd think they'd do that.
No. Just like we never saw a flashback to Man At Arms and Orko learning Adam's secret in the original series.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 09:12 AM #49
> OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

No. Just like we never saw a flashback to Man At Arms and Orko learning Adam's secret in the original series.
Actually they had an episode in the original seires, where Orko an Cringer learned Adam's secret! The episode was called BattleCat!
OmniMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 10:38 AM #50
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

True, but figured with Madame Razz and Kowl, they'd learn during the premiere as we saw how Adora got her powers, but with Adam, it started after he got his.
Old December 29th, 2013, 10:44 AM #51
> c_dude
Power Ranger

c_dude
Power Ranger

True enough. Difference though is we never saw He-Man's origin. When the show started Adam was already operating as He-Man, and Man-At-Arms and Orko knowing the secret was already status quo. In She-Ra, we got to see Adora become She-Ra and join the Rebellion, and more or less befriending Madame Razz and Kowl. Once the origin story was completed, in the next episodes all of a sudden Madame and Kowl knew the secret without any explanation why.
c_dude is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:30 PM #52
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Has anyone seen the costume hoodies from 80s Tees? Orko, Battle Cat or Skeletor If I had the money, I would definitely go with the Orko one. They also had a poll on He-Man.org recently for what the next one should be. I voted for Man-E-Faces.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 03:16 PM #53
> CobraMorphBT20
its all about Emmalina

CobraMorphBT20
its all about Emmalina

I had that flying bird ship, but i used that for my GIJoes, until I saw it either in a He-Man episode, or a book.

I think the 2002 reboot was a bit underrated. The plot was kind of stupid and it was also a toy commercial, and I hated Skeletor's voice, but it really wasn't that bad. The animation for it was really good, and there were some genuinely clever quips and one liners. They also had pretty decent continuity from what I can remember.
Plus Teela & Sorceress were Hot. Evil-Lyn wasnt bad either.

Would have liked to seen their design takes on She-Ra & her girls.
CobraMorphBT20 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 03:25 PM #54
> Muramasa
Power Ranger

Muramasa
Power Ranger

The bio cards that come with Masters of the Universe Classics figures does provide some interesting stories that would make a decent He-Man show though some of it is similar to the plot of the 200X series. Some people that do collect this line might not be on onboard since the real names for some characters are rather silly.
Muramasa is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 04:50 PM #55
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

GreenDTRanger wrote: View Post

I don't really care for the new comics. Reinterpretation is sometimes necessary but they changed too much, like the fact that everyone knows Adam is He-Man. There was a charming innocence about the original show and their stories completely absent in these comics.
Considering who does the comics, that shouldn't be surprising

CobraMorphBT20 wrote: View Post

Would have liked to seen their design takes on She-Ra & her girls.
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 05:24 PM #56
> CoanRanger
Power Ranger

eBay
CoanRanger
Power Ranger

eBay

I want the new series anyone know where I can get it
CoanRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 05:45 PM #57
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

CoanRanger wrote: View Post

Here.

On another note, other day, saw the first part of Phelous' look at the Christmas special and he said it would've been cool to have Stinkor fight Perfuma. Know it was in a joking manner, but thoughts on such a fight?
Old December 29th, 2013, 05:57 PM #58
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote: View Post

Here.

On another note, other day, saw the first part of Phelous' look at the Christmas special and he said it would've been cool to have Stinkor fight Perfuma. Know it was in a joking manner, but thoughts on such a fight?
Perfuma's real power isn't her sent, its the fact that she is flat fucking annoying. Watch Flower for Hordak to see. Stinkor wouldn't have a chance
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 06:18 PM #59
> OmniMystechRanger

OmniMystechRanger

I hope they do reprint of all the He-Man and She-Ra comics in one book!
OmniMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 06:18 PM #60
> origionalrangerfan
Lucky Hat

32 eBay
origionalrangerfan
Lucky Hat

32 eBay

CoanRanger wrote: View Post

Before you go running out to buy it, the 2003 series on Netflix so if you have that you can watch it to see if you really like.
origionalrangerfan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote