Home Menu

Menu

Old January 14th, 2014, 10:42 AM #81
> Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

One thing I'm getting curious about is if this is supposed to tie into the DCCU at all. I mean, it seems like it would be a good way to tie in some elements, but at that point you have to set this back in the...what, 70's?
Sir Koji is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2014, 11:17 AM #82
> ZackMallory
Power Ranger

ZackMallory
Power Ranger

70's are great... BBC did it with Life On Mars and made it a crime-coma-life Show and it was damn awesome and badass..

i don't get the hate for dc's life Action Shows... DC is the winner when it Comes to life Action Television Shows (Arrow.. Just Sayin)

but if they going the CSI Route and just using the DC-Names than i'm getting pi**ed
ZackMallory is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2014, 12:07 PM #83
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

the biggest problem I have with the conception of the show is that if you have the Gotham supervillains, the police will either:

A) be up to snuff and be able to stop their crimes, thus negating any need for a Batman in the future

B) be completely unable to stop them, thus the need for Batman is apparent but he won't be around for another five or seven years so the city will be completely in the pot by then (which admittedly might be the goal they're aiming for as there would be a distinct need for a Batman but by then it would probably be too late as the villains would have been running rampant for years)...
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2014, 02:09 PM #84
> super1
Power Ranger

super1
Power Ranger

Sir Koji wrote: View Post

One thing I'm getting curious about is if this is supposed to tie into the DCCU at all.
The people at Fox have already said that it doesn't.
super1 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2014, 02:17 PM #85
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

Multiple Man wrote: View Post

I'm not particularly excited by Batman's rogues gallery
Really? I mean, besides maybe Spider-Man's, those are the most interesting villains to be found in any mainstream comic.

bearytrek wrote: View Post

the biggest problem I have with the conception of the show is that if you have the Gotham supervillains, the police will either:

A) be up to snuff and be able to stop their crimes, thus negating any need for a Batman in the future

B) be completely unable to stop them, thus the need for Batman is apparent but he won't be around for another five or seven years so the city will be completely in the pot by then (which admittedly might be the goal they're aiming for as there would be a distinct need for a Batman but by then it would probably be too late as the villains would have been running rampant for years)...
What they'll probably do is simply drive them off, leaving them to fight another day. Or like my previous suggestion, have the bulk be baddies we don't see normally, and have the popular stable wreak absolute havoc that they barely survive, thus cementing the need for the genius and resources of one Bruce Wayne down the line.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2014, 12:55 PM #86
> CobraMorphBT20
its all about Emmalina

CobraMorphBT20
its all about Emmalina

MoonsKnight wrote: View Post

Remember, he's only going to be a detective at this point. Loeb may not even be Commissioner yet, but rather a more high-ranking officer on the force. All of those things you mentioned are generally from much later in the mythos, around the time that Bruce has already returned to Gotham and in his earliest days as a vigilante. If this is around the time of a 10 year-old Bruce, then we're probably still many years away from all of that.
I'm going by the animated version of Year1, but dont Gordon & Bruce move to Gotham at around the same time? So, Gordan would be a detective in Chicago. So it would make sense that Leob, Flass etc would be in those positions, because they have to be for the story to happen. Or they'd possibly have different names to get out of paying for the character rights, but Gordan would still have to deal with a corrupt commissioner. & partner.

Hopefully Bruce will be dropped in the season finale. He needs to be there, you can NOT have Gotham with the Batman, have the murders be Gordan's first case, have Barbara be born, 5-6ish, the first season deals with Bruce, then he leaves, either in the 1st finale, or he gets down graded to guest-star in S2 & leaves in either the S2 mid finale, or mid-premire. Then start telling the origins of the Rouges. They need just as much time to establish themselves as Bruce does in his world quest of training.

Since they made Speedy2 into Arrow's sister, use Mia's origin for Selina Kyle. Mother allows her father to beat &/or molest her, she runs away & becomes a child prostitute. Maybe even Commissioner Loeb's favorite. The world would be better off without ever mentioning the Joker, he like Bats is to overpowering.

Or have the pilot be about Gordon's first case in Gotham, the Wayne murders, then the show proper takes place five years later. After Bruce is gone. Or just about to go. I think its fine that Gordon be one of the first people to influence Bruce's eventual persona of Batman. He could be the one anchor that prevents Bruce from becoming the Punisher. Bruce can learn some copping from Gordon. Then leave in the season finale or season premire.

I just hope they mention Bette Kane, Stephanie, Dick, Jason, &Tim. Especially Steph. Show them in some way being effected by the ripple effects of crime. Not as Robins or Bat-chicks. Just as a small one of two episode focus in some way.

I just dont like the idea of a child actor due to such things like OUAT. or Anakin. They are rarely any good. We will have to settle for a buch of whiney little bat-snot-nose bat-punk crying because his case should be top priority. After all, he is a Wayne. The world needs them.

Sir Koji wrote: View Post

One thing I'm getting curious about is if this is supposed to tie into the DCCU at all. I mean, it seems like it would be a good way to tie in some elements, but at that point you have to set this back in the...what, 70's?
Cant tie into something that doesnt exist. Arrow could. It should. But I wouldnt want that show to suffer from the thing that MOS was & Bats/Supes with out needing WW yet she is shoe horned in anyway will be. No, DC needs to focus on TV were they are CLEARLY kicking Marvel's ass. So far. At least until the Netflix-verse.

Last edited by CobraMorphBT20; January 17th, 2014 at 01:16 PM.
CobraMorphBT20 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2014, 01:35 PM #87
> WorthyOpponent
Banned

WorthyOpponent
Banned

Primo Haim Saban wrote: View Post

Of course, I'd enjoy it more if we could develop the lesser-known rogues. But noooo, that's what got Beware the Batman canned. >__<
There is no way any even remotely intelligent person would think that was the reason.
WorthyOpponent is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2014, 05:30 PM #88
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

WorthyOpponent wrote: View Post

There is no way any even remotely intelligent person would think that was the reason.
But wouldn't the smaller desire for such characters lead to smaller desire to purchase toys based on them? I get that Green Lantern and Young Justice dropped the ball in identical fashion, but Batman eclipses the popularity of most things, let alone those two. The scale's got to be a bit different.
Old January 17th, 2014, 09:11 PM #89
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

CobraMorphBT20 wrote: View Post

I'm going by the animated version of Year1, but dont Gordon & Bruce move to Gotham at around the same time? So, Gordan would be a detective in Chicago. So it would make sense that Leob, Flass etc would be in those positions, because they have to be for the story to happen. Or they'd possibly have different names to get out of paying for the character rights, but Gordan would still have to deal with a corrupt commissioner. & partner.
Several versions of Bruce's origin, including Batman Begins, have a younger officer Gordon present when Bruce's parents are first killed. It's very easy to go with any one of those versions. Even then, it's clear Gordon had been in Gotham some time before Bruce returned to Gotham from his travels. He was ingrained enough in the force that people knew he was a clean cop that wouldn't take bribes and such.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014, 03:13 AM #90
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

I'm still not exited for the show, not making it a show about Batman is a mistake, it's set in Gotham, it will feature Batman's rogues gallery but not Batman? Instead we get a sniveling 10 year old Bruce?! That's worse than no Bruce at all, with no Bruce we could at least pretend he's out there training and will show up soon.

This show well fail, it will probably be cancelled after the first season unless they retool it.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014, 03:26 AM #91
> super1
Power Ranger

super1
Power Ranger

Pepper wrote: View Post

not making it a show about Batman is a mistake
A show about a rich vigilante? No thanks. I'm already watching Arrow.

We don't know what Bruce is going to be like in the show. We just know that he is a main character. If this was just a show about Gordon I would never even give this show a chance, but by adding Bruce and the villain origins I'm at least going to give it a chance. I'll watch the pilot and will decide if I want to continue.
super1 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 03:34 PM #92
> PowerDigiDragon
Public Enemy Number #1

PowerDigiDragon
Public Enemy Number #1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ckenzie-678640
PowerDigiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 09:31 PM #93
> md5892
Power Ranger

md5892
Power Ranger

I like that casting!
md5892 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2014, 03:04 AM #94
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

Ryan Atwood? Yes, please. His edginess was wasted on Southland.
Old February 10th, 2014, 12:54 AM #95
> DrGreenEvil
The Good Doctor

DrGreenEvil
The Good Doctor

I am torn here.
Mckenzie I feel like in a way he doesn't fit. Like he is being typecast from his role in Southland.
But at the same time I really like Ben Mckenzie and his inclusion in the show makes me more excited about it.
Which in the end I guess means I like the casting?...
DrGreenEvil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 10:34 PM #96
> ⚡McAster
I engage in motion

McAster
I engage in motion

More cast info.

Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot aka Penguin. A runner/low level worker assistent to established gangster Fish Mooney.

Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth. Former ex-Marine for Her Majesty's Armed Forces, though long since retired and long time loyal servant of the Wayne family. In the wake of Thomas and Martha Wayne's death he is extremely protective of young Bruce.

Zabryna Guevara as expanded character Captain Essen. Smart and tactical boss of James Gordan at GCPD Homicide, described as Machiavellian with the ability to balance both being a police officer and the politics that can come with high profile cases and demands from high above.

Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, the fiancée of James Gordon. Fleshed out in this new take on Gotham as there wasn't much established before hand in comics or other adaptations. A sophisticated ER doctor who is Jame's anchor as he deals with the troubles a city like Gotham presents to a good man.

Last edited by McAster; February 12th, 2014 at 02:06 PM.
McAster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 01:33 PM #97
> Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

McAster wrote: View Post

Zabryna Guevara as original character Captain Essen. Smart and tactical boss of James Gordan at GCPD Homicide, described as Machiavellian with the ability to balance both being a police officer and the politics that can come with high profile cases and demands from high above.
Essen actually isn't an original character. She first appeared in Batman: Year One, working as one of Gordon's partners. She and Jim actually have an affair, and later after many complications and Jim's divorce the two get married, until the Joker killed her during No Man's Land.
Red Ranger Sam is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 01:37 PM #98
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Ken knows who she is, it probably slipped his mind. xD
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 01:53 PM #99
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Red Ranger Sam wrote: View Post

Essen actually isn't an original character. She first appeared in Batman: Year One, working as one of Gordon's partners. She and Jim actually have an affair, and later after many complications and Jim's divorce the two get married, until the Joker killed her during No Man's Land.
You know speaking of No Man's Land I wouldn't mind a series based around Gordon during this time. Sure its a year long storyline but do it like months per season rather then a year per season. So 22-24 episodes would be like days. Of course you'd have Batman show up here and there but he's off doing his own thing. I just think it'd be insanely compelling for the show to focus around a cop trying to keep his city together.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 01:55 PM #100
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Donal Logue will play Harvey Bullock.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=94456

EXCELLENT CAST.
Champ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote