Home Menu

Menu

Old July 23rd, 2010, 06:08 PM #81
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

BlackDragonRanger wrote: View Post

Wonder Woman appearing there in what would appear to more or less be a cameo seems to confirm that the Wonder moratorium where she and her family can't appear unless she's a star is officially lifted.
It's not just a cameo. Weisman said the Justice League is going to play a pretty significant role in the series.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 06:30 PM #82
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

BlackDragonRanger wrote: View Post

So where the fuck's Wonder Girl?
She'll be appearing "in the future", according to a panel at ComicCon.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/SDCC...ontent=Twitter
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:03 PM #83
> rangerspider
Power Ranger

rangerspider
Power Ranger

some cool news and photos.
rangerspider is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:47 PM #84
> PR_Chronology_editor
OMG! How Much is that?

PR_Chronology_editor
OMG! How Much is that?

Here's the one thing I never got about this "Characters not being able to appear" thing. I can understand Marvel being that they outsource their moves to different companies, which is why Kingpin couldn't appear in Spiderman, But has anybody looked inside a DC comic book lately.

WARNER BROS. OWNS DC COMICS!

This is like if you took a house that you own and drew a line down the middle and told somebody, "well I can't touch anything on the other side of the line." Yet you still own the whole house. I really hate internal Legal BS, when things like this comes up, because I wonder. I don't even think at times THEY know that they own DC Comics.

I am REALLY looking forward to Animated Conner Kent though. They teased at it during the Legion of Superheroes series, but it Just wasn't the same as Having Conner there. And Just like Robin and Starfire in Teen Titans. I really hope they introduce Cassie sometime. It's part of the dynamic that made their relationship work. Conner Cassie, and Tim were LITERALLY the younger big 3. Hell the Teen titans COMIC even hinted at a dark future where they took their predecessors spots.
PR_Chronology_editor is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:49 PM #85
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Ranger Series Black wrote: View Post

Wheres green lantern!?
He has no one to mentor. The Justice League members there have a teen to mentor.

They have his character drawn and Wonder Woman

Some more info from the panel:

Robin will be the youngest team member, at age 13, but he'll be the most experienced as a hero. He won't, however, be team leader. That position will be held by Aqualad. Kid Flash and Artemis will both be age 15. Miss Martian will be age 16. Superboy is said to be age 16 weeks (he is a clone after all).

James Tucker spoke to Comic Continuum about the new Batman show. He said it's in the very early development stage, but it'll be radically different from Batman: The Brave and the Bold and it'll probably be a CGI show.

Last edited by Gold Samurai; July 24th, 2010 at 11:33 AM.
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 08:08 AM #86
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

A few details were revealed at the end of the Batman: The Brave and the Bold panel at ComicCon.

Robin will be Dick, not Tim.
Kid Flash will be Wally, not Bart.
Miss Martian is J'onn's niece.
Aqualad isn't Garth, but Garth will be appearing. This Aqualad is, in fact, the son of Black Manta.
Artemis is a character from the comics, but not an Amazon, not Arrowette, not Speedy.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 09:15 AM #87
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

I don't like how they are departing from the comics. Dick was 20 when Superboy was cloned. Tim is also around the same age as Superboy.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 09:20 AM #88
> ϟMegaRed
The type of god you deserve.

MegaRed
The type of god you deserve.

I'm still excited about this, but such a drastic departure isn't needed.
MegaRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 09:30 AM #89
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

The Young Justice is a Black Ops team for the Justice League. Probably why we see their civilian forms more than previous DC animated series

Old July 25th, 2010, 08:59 PM #90
> CobraMorphBT20
its all about Emmalina

CobraMorphBT20
its all about Emmalina

The thing I dont get about this Wonder embargo is that it can ONLY help attract interest in a character. So to prevent a character to be used is really petty. And it also is a good case of the face spiting the nose or however that expression goes, as someone just said, they are all owned by the same company. WB should not allow one person to prevent them from using a more well known family, because there is more money to be made making a YJ tv show toy of Wonder girl, then what ever the fuck they name Arrow girl.

Sure, I liked JLU giving us all those unknowns like Hawk & Dove, Vixen, etc, but I've had it pointed out here tons of times, my opinions arent exactly normal.

PrimoPiccolo wrote: View Post

Que?

I can't imagine more people are familiar with M'gann M'orzz or Cissie King than they are good ol' Cassie. Not to mention her connection with Conner being extremely easy to expound on.
Most people probly know OF Wonder GIRL, but know nothing about Donna or Cassie. Same as they know of Green Lantern, or Flash, but not any of the people who wore the suit. Or Robin being Dick Greyson, but no one else.

This is like if you took a house that you own and drew a line down the middle and told somebody, "well I can't touch anything on the other side of the line." Yet you still own the whole house. I really hate internal Legal BS, when things like this comes up, because I wonder. I don't even think at times THEY know that they own DC Comics.
Well, just because you OWN a house, if you are renting it out to someone, you cant NOT just use your copy of the key & watch tv in the living room. You have to legally respect the rights of privicy to the tenant. So maybe you should use a different example.

Aqualad isn't Garth, but Garth will be appearing. This Aqualad is, in fact, the son of Black Manta.
bullSHIT. Aquablack can be related to a villian, but MM isnt the last of the evil Martian race? Although, I guess that is a good way to get around the reason why Jon & Megan dont Adam & Eve some new martians. Which is also the only reason to have Kara as Supergirl instead of Linda.

Artemis is a character from the comics, but not an Amazon, not Arrowette, not Speedy.
Then who is she?

So, if this is a black ops team, will Artemis have to possibly have sex with a target before killing him/her?

Last edited by CobraMorphBT20; July 25th, 2010 at 09:14 PM.
CobraMorphBT20 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 09:17 PM #91
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

We have an earth and it's 16.

From IGN:

As explained, Young Justice will take place with the DC multiverse on Earth-16. As a conscious choice, DC chose this world as it is untapped, which allowed them to set the rules and conditions for their universe. To start off, Superman has been fighting crime for 10 years and the Justice League is new to the scene. So effective at their job, the heroes of this world have forced the villains underground, to band together in more intelligent ways against the forces of good. With celebrity status, the Justice League is constantly in the public eye, so they need a team to be able to work covertly, under the radar, in order to take it to the villains. And that team is Young Justice.
Since this is Earth 16, Superman should be bald but he clearly isn't so they're ignoring that part.
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:35 PM #92
> rangerspider
Power Ranger

rangerspider
Power Ranger

yea the whole this guy cant show up in this cartoon/live action show is odd. With wb having control over all characters. But its usually due to licensing to said show's runners and other other red tape issues on characters. Then certain characters are offlimits to some things then others.
rangerspider is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 02:50 AM #93
> Afrobean
Power Ranger

Afrobean
Power Ranger

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

I assumed it would be Tim... I don't know if I want to see a 13 year old Dick. They better let these characters age if that's how they're going to play it. I don't want to see this show last for 5 seasons and have Dick be 13 the whole time.

Most people probly know OF Wonder GIRL, but know nothing about Donna or Cassie. Same as they know of Green Lantern, or Flash, but not any of the people who wore the suit. Or Robin being Dick Greyson, but no one else.
Wonder Girl is pretty obscure, mostly thanks to her not appearing in modern adaptations where it would have been appropriate to see her. I would wager that the most of the people who know of Wonder Girl are probably the same people who know of Kyle Raynor or Wally West or Jason Todd.

ps it's "Grayson".
Afrobean is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 03:14 AM #94
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

I'm with those who didn't like the fact Cassie isn't in the formation I do understand all the contract issues, but it's still sad she won't be there.

Anyway, looking forward the new series.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 04:48 PM #95
> Black_Ryuichi_Ranger
Ressurected PR Fan

Black_Ryuichi_Ranger
Ressurected PR Fan

NYCC 2010! The first 5 mins of Young Justice! Very nice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsnuMjbaqbM
Black_Ryuichi_Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 05:58 PM #96
> pinkpower
Forever Pink

pinkpower
Forever Pink

Black_Ryuichi_Ranger wrote: View Post

Nice!!! IIRC, from the transcript of the Comic-Con panel, wasn't it said that there were no embargoes on characters?
pinkpower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 05:59 PM #97
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Yep. There WERE four when they started, but it was lifted.
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 07:33 PM #98
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

B-kun wrote: View Post

Yep. There WERE four when they started, but it was lifted.
We know wonder Girl was definitely one (given she's not part of the starting line up, but they confirmed she'd be joining later). Who were the others?

Or who were the four, if I'm wrong about the WG embargo? I'd assume it was the same as the certain embargoes on Brave and the Bold characters...
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 08:11 PM #99
> turkishproverb
Custom User Title

turkishproverb
Custom User Title

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

A few details were revealed at the end of the Batman: The Brave and the Bold panel at ComicCon.

And just like that, I shudder with fear.
Black_Ryuichi_Ranger wrote: View Post

Looks ok, but Why the firp is it called young justice?
turkishproverb is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 06:27 AM #100
> Icon-UK
Accentuate the positive

Icon-UK
Accentuate the positive

turkishproverb wrote: View Post

And just like that, I shudder with fear.

Looks ok, but Why the firp is it called young justice?
Presumably A) to stronly differentiate it from the rather whaciker Teen Titans cartoon series in the listings magazines and B) the team is going to be closely linked to the Justice League team itself, a lot more than the comic was, so "Justice" in the title makes sense.

And the best guess we've got on Artemis' ID is that she'll be Artemis Crock, the daughter of Golden Age villains Tigress and the Sportsmaster. In the comics she's an archer first and foremost too, though a villain, though she and her boyfriend the Icicle have been trying to reform in the comics.
Icon-UK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote