Home Menu

Menu

Closed

Old January 11th, 2019, 06:16 PM #5241
> SephStuff
Power Ranger

SephStuff
Power Ranger

Has there been any discussion anywhere about how Japan's falling birth rate means that there are also less people in the main target audience to watch the show and buy the toys?
Old January 11th, 2019, 06:24 PM #5242
> ⚡GreenNinja
Kiritsugu Time

GreenNinja
Kiritsugu Time

That's the whole reason SHT moved time slots and the show slots before it ceded to news. Though at least they went out in a blaze of glory and nonsense with Heybot.
Old January 11th, 2019, 06:45 PM #5243
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

hannibaLUCIO wrote: View Post

It's an interesting and original concept, but kids would be confused, so it will not happen
Worked fine with Dogold tbh.
Old January 11th, 2019, 07:27 PM #5244
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Yea, as far as I'm confirmed, the person saying Toei wants a Ryusoulger vs Gorenger episode confirms he's fake.

Gorenger is 44 years old this year. No kid in the target audience is going to remember it. Most parents of the kids in the target audience won't even remember it. Grandparents would, but marketing an episode towards grandparents and their grandkids would be a horrible marketing strategy.

Not to mention two of the GoRenger actors haven't actually done anything since their work with Toei in the 70s, and they'd have to recast KiRenger completely, as the original KiRenger is dead and his replacement is severely disabled and can barely speak.

Things like a Gorenger tribute in Gokaiger worked because kids knew that the show featured past rangers, so even if they didn't know how long ago they were rangers, they knew they used to be one. But an entire episode dedicated to a Gorenger teamup? Yea. No.

If he wanted to be more believable, he should've went with "Toei wanted a Ryusoulger vs Kyoryuger teamup episode."

The fact people are falling for this 4chan user is hilarious.

SephStuff wrote: View Post

Has there been any discussion anywhere about how Japan's falling birth rate means that there are also less people in the main target audience to watch the show and buy the toys?
They laxed their immigration laws and started encouraging immigration from other Asian countries last time I heard, and last time I checked they said if childbirth rates don't improve in a decade, they plan to encourage immigration from non-Asian countries as well.

I think their government is at the point of "We'd rather have a mixed-race country than no country."

Doesn't mean immigrants are treated better there though. One of my friends moved there and gave me a rundown on how immigrants are treated by locals. It doesn't sound very nice.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 11th, 2019, 08:29 PM #5245
> FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

Fyntabulous wrote: View Post

Yea, as far as I'm confirmed, the person saying Toei wants a Ryusoulger vs Gorenger episode confirms he's fake.

Gorenger is 44 years old this year. No kid in the target audience is going to remember it. Most parents of the kids in the target audience won't even remember it. Grandparents would, but marketing an episode towards grandparents and their grandkids would be a horrible marketing strategy.
so is most of the Showa Kamen Riders, Zyuranger, Metal Heroes and some of the other old teams from previous decades, but that doesn't prevent them from getting team up episodes.

if Ryusoulger will be the "final" Super Sentai for the time being, a teamup with the first team could be very fitting. it puts perspective that an era is ending.
Old January 11th, 2019, 08:32 PM #5246
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

FlameDragon wrote: View Post

so is most of the Showa Kamen Riders, Zyuranger, Metal Heroes and some of the other old teams from previous decades, but that doesn't prevent them from getting team up episodes.

if Ryusoulger will be the "final" Super Sentai for the time being, a teamup with the first team could be very fitting. it puts perspective that an era is ending.
Considering all the hype around the end of the Heisei era I highly doubt things from the showa era will show up. Just look at Zi O acting like Kuuga was the first Kamen Rider.
Old January 11th, 2019, 08:33 PM #5247
> FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

speaking of Metal Hero, that Duo rumor could still be a thing. what if they make it a Metal Hero revival instead of it being a Super Sentai?
Old January 11th, 2019, 08:33 PM #5248
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

The first media mention of Ryuusoulger last week during Lupinranger. I uploaded the commercials Tvnihon subbed.

https://www.mp4upload.com/fkcgvi311vhg

As for the rumors I've always had the idea/wonder if a Red ranger series akin to Kamen Rider would work

Red get's multiple power ups with two other people joining the series. Maybe a 4th member.

By the end you have a small sentai.
Old January 11th, 2019, 08:42 PM #5249
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

FlameDragon wrote: View Post

Yea, no. Like maslego said, they'd most likely do what Kamen Rider did if they were trying to do an "End of an Era" thing and have it be Ryusoulger vs Turboranger, the first sentai of the Hisei period. That way it'd appeal to the parents and not the grandparents, and be much more manageable with actors.

A teamup with a team from 44 years ago is just not feasible, especially with one of the actors dead and his replacement severely disabled to the point he can barely speak.

Not to mention the Gorenger suits do not hold up well to the spandex suits of the modern sentai series. They were rarely used in Gokaiger for that reason.

In short, at this point, I'm like 99.9% sure this 4chan user is just a fearmongerer trying to prey on people's usual "SENTAI IS ENDING!" fears, using the Hisei period ending and LuPat's horrible toy sales as a way to make his fake rumors more believable.

Toei took the dinosaur route and safe route with colors, mecha, etc. specifically because they know it will sell well. They know marketing way more than some random user on 4chan.

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

As for the rumors I've always had the idea/wonder if a Red ranger series akin to Kamen Rider would work

Red get's multiple power ups with two other people joining the series. Maybe a 4th member.

By the end you have a small sentai.
That's essentially what the mini-series between LuPat and Ryusoulger is though?

3 Red Rangers joined by a Pink Ranger and Orange Ranger.

EDIT: If I had to guess, they chose Kagura specifically so they could market a train toy, and because with ToQger, they can literally choose any of them and market multiple trains due to the gimmick of the season (because otherwise she'sa very odd choice for a ranger), and Stinger because of his popularity.

Last edited by AkaUnlovedFyntabulous; January 11th, 2019 at 09:52 PM.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 11th, 2019, 10:50 PM #5250
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

Fyntabulous wrote: View Post

The fact people are falling for this 4chan user is hilarious.
What's with the judgmental attitude? Why is it hilarious? Cause it's 4chan? Maybe it's because people here can't read Japanese, but 2ch, 2chan Futaba, and 5ch are basically the same cesspools (2chan less so) but people here have never been so vehemently against discussing those rumors. But, yeah, why is it so hilarious? I don't know if you're being willfully ignorant of the reality or not, but the vast majority of the person's information was true. That doesn't change just because you don't want it to be true.

I don't understand this mentality people have been having. It's like they're sticking their ears in their fingers and ignoring the fact that so much of this information was spot on. You don't just randomly guess that Captain Marvelous is coming back for a special, you don't just randomly guess the literal premiere date for the series, these are ridiculous extremes people are going to make this fit their narrative.

Like, I get it, at first a random person comes by and drops this information, it's natural not to believe it...but you're also ignoring the fact that they're posting relatively inconsequential leaks relating to Kamen Rider. You're ignoring the fact that they clearly have some connection either to the media or, as they claim, they work in the industry, as shown by those screenshots, as shown by posting the story summary of LuPat vs Kyu, as shown by posting the DVD cover for that movie. Again, just because you don't like the place or you don't want to believe they could be real, those leaks were 100% real, that doesn't change.

In short, at this point, I'm like 99.9% sure this 4chan user is just a fearmongerer trying to prey on people's usual "SENTAI IS ENDING!" fears, using the Hisei period ending and LuPat's horrible toy sales as a way to make his fake rumors more believable.
Have you even bothered to read the initial posts? They stated the reality, but there was also a "hey can you guys please support Sentai too?" message in there. Like I said, you don't just randomly land on that information out of a wild guess. Maybe you figure the gender ratio, maybe you figure that it'll be dinosaurs. But the new premiere date? The team up special? The fact that Marvelous is coming back? The fact that Decade is in Zi-O the series and the movie? The fact that LuPat vs Kyu at all was happening? The fact that knew the details of the story? Come on, that's being willfully ignorant of the situation at best and rewriting history at worst. What will be hilarious is if this new cast member they're claiming turns out to be in the show and people still continue to say they were lucky guesses or they have no idea what they're talking about.

Like, I don't understand this aversion towards discussing Sentai's situation in the context of financial performances. There are more people claiming fans are running around like chickens with their heads cut off over the situation than people actually acting like that. And then you get these kind of snide and judgmental comments over the people who do have an interest in actually discussing the matter? That's ridiculous.

Not to mention the Gorenger suits do not hold up well to the spandex suits of the modern sentai series. They were rarely used in Gokaiger for that reason.
That...doesn't make sense though? Those suits stood up just fine for their 84 episode run, across two different stunt teams. You can make new suits and they'll be just fine for any new sort of appearance that happens. The likely reason they didn't show up more is because Toei has to credit Ishinomori Pro for those designs since Goranger and JAKQ were the only Sentai suits designed by Shotaro Ishinomori himself. At one point Arakawa even intended to introduce a character who would have been the granddaughter of Commander Edogawa but backed off from that idea.

Like, come on, you're so against people claiming ultimates with their opinions yet you straight up say "Yeah that's the reason they weren't used".

Last edited by Ryoutarou; January 11th, 2019 at 11:01 PM.
Old January 12th, 2019, 12:15 AM #5251
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Ryoutarou wrote: View Post

What's with the judgmental attitude? Why is it hilarious? Cause it's 4chan? Maybe it's because people here can't read Japanese, but 2ch, 2chan Futaba, and 5ch are basically the same cesspools (2chan less so) but people here have never been so vehemently against discussing those rumors. But, yeah, why is it so hilarious? I don't know if you're being willfully ignorant of the reality or not, but the vast majority of the person's information was true. That doesn't change just because you don't want it to be true.
You don't get why but others do.

I don't understand this mentality people have been having. It's like they're sticking their ears in their fingers and ignoring the fact that so much of this information was spot on.
Well, I do because not every info he said was 100% true.

Like, I get it, at first a random person comes by and drops this information, it's natural not to believe it...but you're also ignoring the fact that they're posting relatively inconsequential leaks relating to Kamen Rider. You're ignoring the fact that they clearly have some connection either to the media or, as they claim, they work in the industry, as shown by those screenshots, as shown by posting the story summary of LuPat vs Kyu, as shown by posting the DVD cover for that movie. Again, just because you don't like the place or you don't want to believe they could be real, those leaks were 100% real, that doesn't change.
Those leaks that were mentioned during this week were AFTER LVP vs Kyu and the Heisei era finale miniseries with Marvelous were confirmed.

Have you even bothered to read the initial posts? They stated the reality, but there was also a "hey can you guys please support Sentai too?" message in there. Like I said, you don't just randomly land on that information out of a wild guess.
Maybe you figure the gender ratio, maybe you figure that it'll be dinosaurs. But the new premiere date? The team up special? The fact that Marvelous is coming back? The fact that Decade is in Zi-O the series and the movie? The fact that LuPat vs Kyu at all was happening? The fact that knew the details of the story?
Come on, that's being willfully ignorant of the situation at best and rewriting history at worst. What will be hilarious is if this new cast member they're claiming turns out to be in the show and people still continue to say they were lucky guesses or they have no idea what they're talking about.
Again, those leaks I highlighted have already been mentioned prior to the ones that were reported this week.

Like, I don't understand this aversion towards discussing Sentai's situation in the context of financial performances. There are more people claiming fans are running around like chickens with their heads cut off over the situation than people actually acting like that. And then you get these kind of snide and judgmental comments over the people who do have an interest in actually discussing the matter? That's ridiculous.
Basically, we're not allowed to make judgements on this? Is that what you're saying?

That...doesn't make sense though? Those suits stood up just fine for their 84 episode run, across two different stunt teams. You can make new suits and they'll be just fine for any new sort of appearance that happens. The likely reason they didn't show up more is because Toei has to credit Ishinomori Pro for those designs since Goranger and JAKQ were the only Sentai suits designed by Shotaro Ishinomori himself. At one point Arakawa even intended to introduce a character who would have been the granddaughter of Commander Edogawa but backed off from that idea.
No, it does make sense since they do not age well to the modern spandex suits from Sentai.

Like, come on, you're so against people claiming ultimates with their opinions yet you straight up say "Yeah that's the reason they weren't used".
That's not what Fyntabulous meant at all.
Old January 12th, 2019, 02:06 AM #5252
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

Lol people are acting like dumb rumors are confirmed all the times and for once that we have a reliable source, you guys spend the whole day trying to prove it's fake...

As for the Goranger rumor, there's nothing odd with it. The whole end of era serie will probably include Showa era Sentai anyway and Toei love to play on the first sentai ever thing. If you expect no Rider 1 in Zi-O you'll be dissapointed XD

People really believe what they want to believe...

Last edited by AdamPark62; January 12th, 2019 at 02:11 AM.
Old January 12th, 2019, 02:13 AM #5253
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

The issue is it isn't reliable.

He got a couple things that others guessed as well right and he got other things wrong.

And now because of that, people are acting like he's reliable. If he hadn't gotten anything wrong and the things he got right were things that were less easy to guess, it'd be one thing. But so far, the rumors he spun that came true were easy to guess things.

As one of the mods said, if his casting rumor comes true, then it gives him more credence. Until then, he's just another fearmongerer that people need to stop treating like a reliable person.

On top of that, his fearmongering "Sentai is gonna take a break if Ryusoulger doesn't meet ToQgers great sales" rumor makes no sense to me, because If anything, the fact they're doing a mini-series between LuPat and Ryusoulger tells me Toei is more invested in Sentai than ever. Because not only do they get extra toys from that series which will include sure sellers like trains, they get surefire sales from a dinosaur sentai after that.
Old January 12th, 2019, 02:47 AM #5254
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

The isuue is that you guys decided he isn't a reliable source and chose to label all the times he got something right (so 95% of the time) as "Meh could be a lucky guess". Yeah cause the gender ratio, theme, mini serie, Marvelous were things everyone could guess XD

We talked about the reason we're getting a mini serie many times and it's obvious they're going all out to make this year a success. He didn't even said Sentai is gonna get cancelled, so it's pretty clear you don't really pay attention to what's going on.
Old January 12th, 2019, 03:09 AM #5255
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdamPark62 wrote: View Post

The issue is that you guys decided he isn't a reliable source and chose to label all the times he got something right (so 95% of the time) as "Meh could be a lucky guess". Yeah cause the gender ratio, theme, mini series, Marvelous were things everyone could guess XD.
95% is still not 100% reliable, so the point that he isn't reliable still stands.
Old January 12th, 2019, 03:16 AM #5256
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

Except the remaining 5% is not wrong, just impossible to prove. People keep bringing up the battleship thing but that's what Tyramigo and the fortress look like.

No source will ever be 100% right, so using that argument just prove my point. You're doubting him because you want to, not because there's any reason to believe it's a huge fake.
Old January 12th, 2019, 04:27 AM #5257
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Grain of salt; New casting rumors, which back up the 4chan guy-

RyusoulRed will be Tsuna Keito, RyusoulBlue will be Ichinose Hayate, RyusoulPink will be played by a former idol, RyusoulGreen will be played by a younger actor, RyusoulBlack will be played by a slightly older actor, born in Showa.

Now of course, this could just be someone piggybacking off the 4chan stuff, so utilize those salt grains.
Old January 12th, 2019, 04:55 AM #5258
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

Both actors look like the type of pretty boys they usually cast. The rest is expected. We know there's brother thing between Green and Black, so a young actor and an old actor xould make sense. And with Umika's popularity, it make sense to try to cast another idol, though it's probably gonna be hard to found someone who create the same level of hype.

There's definitly a chance it's based on the previous rumor, but it sound credible at least XD
Old January 12th, 2019, 05:20 AM #5259
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdamPark62 wrote: View Post

Except the remaining 5% is not wrong, just impossible to prove. People keep bringing up the battleship thing but that's what Tyramigo and the fortress look like.

No source will ever be 100% right, so using that argument just prove my point. You're doubting him because you want to, not because there's any reason to believe it's a huge fake.
Just because several of the things he said proved to be true doesn't mean he's a reliable source and really, you and Ryoutarou are not helping at all when you call people like me and others out whenever we see something as true or not. I don't like it when you guys just continue acting that he's a reliable when really he isn't and whenever we say that he's not reliable even if some of the info he said was true, you guys just attack us for saying those things. It's also not fair either.
Old January 12th, 2019, 05:35 AM #5260
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Letís all simmer down. Itís fine to have differing opinions; itís not fine to turn those opinions into arguing.
Closed

Tags
be healthy duke, dino force brave 2, dino knight, dinot again, dragon sentai... loljk, its about to get wild, kyoryuger 2, no dragon rangers for you