Home Menu

Menu

Old January 10th, 2019, 04:34 AM #1261
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Lordoftherangers wrote: View Post

It was probably Taber since he's the one who tweeted about it.
Maybe he read it but he was also the one who acted it! "Riley the village bicycle" was us, Chiley was intentional on the show's part and then aborted with the introduction of Kaylee. Thankfully we realized that Kaylee was an evil witch who put Chase under a love spell, Riley and Chase got together 5 days after the series finale when giant dino accidentally stepped on Kaylee and the spell was broken.

Peter Sudarso and Nico Greetham definitely read it, the proof is them almost dryhumping each other behind the scenes in an attempt to bait us. But as likable and hot as they are, shipping only works if it's the characters doing or saying things and the show gave us NOTHING.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 10:23 PM #1262
> ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice

ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice

Salted Pepper wrote: View Post

Maybe he read it but he was also the one who acted it! "Riley the village bicycle" was us, Chiley was intentional on the show's part and then aborted with the introduction of Kaylee. Thankfully we realized that Kaylee was an evil witch who put Chase under a love spell, Riley and Chase got together 5 days after the series finale when giant dino accidentally stepped on Kaylee and the spell was broken.
No, no! She was a deep cover plant made by Poisandra! With the timeline changed and Poisandra destroyed, Kaylee no longer exists!

Peter Sudarso and Nico Greetham definitely read it, the proof is them almost dryhumping each other behind the scenes in an attempt to bait us. But as likable and hot as they are, shipping only works if it's the characters doing or saying things and the show gave us NOTHING.
Yeah, that was quite jading.

I honestly don't think I'm going to watch Beast Morphers at all.
With the way they fumbled Dino Super Charge and the weak writing and wasted opportunities of Ninja Steel, I think I've had enough for a while.
ZandarLantyriel is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 10:27 PM #1263
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Thankfully we realized that Kaylee was an evil witch who put Chase under a love spell, Riley and Chase got together 5 days after the series finale when giant dino accidentally stepped on Kaylee and the spell was broken.
ZandarLantyriel wrote: View Post

No, no! She was a deep cover plant made by Poisandra! With the timeline changed and Poisandra destroyed, Kaylee no longer exists!
You monsters.

shipping only works if it's the characters doing or saying things and the show gave us NOTHING.
Yeah... Ninja Steel was a dark time for the shipping thread.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 10:58 PM #1264
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

You monsters.

It briefly came out of its coma for periods at a time before sinking back into the void. Fingers crossed that this thread can be resuscitated.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 11:09 PM #1265
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Well, Beast Morphers will probably have two face villains if it's anything like Go Busters, which will probably lead to a rivalry with one of the rangers.

And if the internet has taught me anything, it's that two people with a rivalry/hate for each other will be shipped.
Old January 10th, 2019, 11:16 PM #1266
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

Well, Beast Morphers will probably have two face villains if it's anything like Go Busters, which will probably lead to a rivalry with one of the rangers.

And if the internet has taught me anything, it's that two people with a rivalry/hate for each other will be shipped.
I predict Enter's Counterpart and Devon?? I think that's his name. I don't know all the characters names off the top of my head yet lol.
Old January 11th, 2019, 05:51 PM #1267
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

dark ranger 86 wrote: View Post

In the old shipping thread Riley had the ability to cross dimensions for his rendezvous. The fact that is a 100% possibility is a little unsettling now.
Was it ever not a possibility? I mean, I know The Amorous Adventures of Riley Sexbang was all us, but hasn't dimensions been a Power Rangers thing since like, the second episode?

Which means... the most shippable pairing in Ninja/Super Ninja Steel is indeed...

Victor/Monty
I can't decide whether that's a good thing or not. (Also, I like that they're more shippable than Calvin/Hayley.)

Peter wrote: View Post

Can we ... put them on a ship?

The RMS Titanic springs to mind.
You just know they'd miss it.

It wasn’t just End of Extinction. All things Chiley were completely erased by Dino Supercharge.

Except for Michael Taber’s tweet. That gave me so much hope and life.
Am I the only one who thought you meant the tweet about how he regretted PR?

MegaBlue wrote: View Post

I don't remember the specifics, but it was along the lines of someone tweeting about Chase/Kaylee and he commented "he could do better ". Talk about fanning the flames...
That one makes more sense.

The idea of anyone involved with the actual PR production reading this thread or the one before it is horrifying.
It is indeed, and yet it probably happened. Luckily however, as far as I know the site admins only advertised the shipping thread when we were starting to pair you up with a certain villainess so they might have got bored pretty quickly. What horrifies me is the idea that James Gaylyn might've read it.

I mean, if he put his own name into Google then sheer volume should mean that's what comes up. (Never mind, I just tried it and luckily it doesn't.)

But you know they have, though. I mean, it's a public forum, and this thread was pretty active during the DC days, at least. One of the actors would've at least glanced over it.
Or one of the Saban or Bandai executives. It wouldn't surprise me if they saw it, and insisted Judd Lynn add Kaylee as a result.

But looking back we said some really sexual shit in that last thread. Imagine them finding that
If it was just the Greenie/Poisandra/Sledge love triangle and the resulting story arc that's bad enough, but if they saw some of the things we said about Riley or Zenowing or Rexy(!) - let's hope they missed those pages.

I mean, it's not so bad if they saw the High School Musical pages.

So Kaylee is actually an evil version of the X-kid Laurie? I mean they're both blonde, and they're roughly the same height and build - I can see that. Except Kaylee's charm isn't broken just by being a reasonable distance away. I'm not going to unsee that for a while now though.

You're assuming it was us they were baiting and not other parts of the internet.

What's Poisandra's motive for that though?

You monsters.

Oh Greenie, I know you miss Poisandra, but her death was one of the things in... wait, it was End of Extinction wasn't it? Yeah, unless you're trying to write a brief fic that needs it you should just ignore it like the sensible parts of the population - End of Extinction sucked and that's about all that needs saying.

GrumpyBookworm wrote: View Post

It briefly came out of its coma for periods at a time before sinking back into the void. Fingers crossed that this thread can be resuscitated.
Yes, but those resurgences usually had nought to do with Ninja Steel (the only exception I can think of being the comic which implied Calvin and Hayley slept together) and everything to do with Chiley or Alpha or occasionally Megaforce.

(To people who've read much more comics than I have, did the Brainiac possesses Alpha 5 cliffhanger from the PR/JLA crossover go anywhere? I mean, you can't get closer to someone than 'possessed'.)

Not everyone. I don't recall anyone shipping Ash with any of Team Rocket, despite Pokémon having ships beyond count.
Long Time Newbie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 10:55 PM #1268
> ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice

ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice

Long Time Newbie wrote: View Post

I can't decide whether that's a good thing or not. (Also, I like that they're more shippable than Calvin/Hayley.)
Sadly, many things are more shippable than Calvin/Hayley.
If Victor and Monty were less annoying and tried less at being a cut-rate Bulk and Skull (complete with imitation theme), they'd be super adorable.

Or one of the Saban or Bandai executives. It wouldn't surprise me if they saw it, and insisted Judd Lynn add Kaylee as a result.
I don't think it would be a surprise to ANY of us.

What's Poisandra's motive for that though?
Long term spy. And thus, Kaylee suffers from the 'Sakuya Effect' (Tenchi in Tokyo) where she was merely there to disrupt the team and gained a sapience all her own despite being either a) a mindless vivix, and/or b) an aspect of Poisandra herself.

Yes, but those resurgences usually had nought to do with Ninja Steel (the only exception I can think of being the comic which implied Calvin and Hayley slept together) and everything to do with Chiley or Alpha or occasionally Megaforce.
Well this WAS originally born of a Dino Charge shipping thread, which was PREDOMINANTLY Chiley.

Personally, in retrospect, I enjoyed many a ship long ago before ff.net was purged and a lot of historical shipping was lost forever.
Old January 14th, 2019, 11:16 PM #1269
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Oh Greenie, I know you miss Poisandra, but her death was one of the things in... wait, it was End of Extinction wasn't it? Yeah, unless you're trying to write a brief fic that needs it you should just ignore it like the sensible parts of the population - End of Extinction sucked and that's about all that needs saying.
Well... time for this thread to die again.
Old January 14th, 2019, 11:23 PM #1270
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

Well this WAS originally born of a Dino Charge shipping thread, which was PREDOMINANTLY Chiley.
A while ago, I went back to read the old thread cold without knowing anything. Ooh boy y'all were wild AF.
Old January 15th, 2019, 01:55 AM #1271
> Lordoftherangers
Power Ranger

Lordoftherangers
Power Ranger

A while ago, I went back to read the old thread cold without knowing anything. Ooh boy y'all were wild AF.
Yo that old thread was the daaays my man. Is it possible to be nostalgic for like 4 years ago?

Just be glad you weren't here for the 10 straight pages of Gaylyn spam. I wish I could forget that.
Lordoftherangers is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 02:51 AM #1272
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

It was an experience. You never knew what was gonna be said when you clicked on the thread.

We even formed our own Sentai at one point.

Just be glad you weren't here for the 10 straight pages of Gaylyn spam. I wish I could forget that.
Those were the good times.
Old January 15th, 2019, 03:28 AM #1273
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

We all wish we could forget that.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 11:00 PM #1274
> ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice

ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice

It was an experience. You never knew what was gonna be said when you clicked on the thread.

Ahh, yes...... ChuChu Sentai, Shippinger! *Rose petal explosions*

And I served as Emperor of the Deathshipper Empire.

Good times.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 16th, 2019, 11:58 PM #1275
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Sadly, many things are more shippable than Calvin/Hayley.
If Victor and Monty were less annoying and tried less at being a cut-rate Bulk and Skull (complete with imitation theme), they'd be super adorable.
See, I find them adorable and annoying.

Long term spy. And thus, Kaylee suffers from the 'Sakuya Effect' (Tenchi in Tokyo) where she was merely there to disrupt the team and gained a sapience all her own despite being either a) a mindless vivix, and/or b) an aspect of Poisandra herself.
Not a very useful one then.

Personally, in retrospect, I enjoyed many a ship long ago before ff.net was purged and a lot of historical shipping was lost forever.
Hang on, has there been another purge? I didn't think they'd had a story purge since about 2005? (Unless one counts the mass removals of rule breaking ones that is.)

Well... time for this thread to die again.
How else was I supposed to interpret this?

You monsters.
?

I mean, I didn't have you for a Kaylee fan.

So what was your favourite part? 'Highlights' include but are not limited to the Gaylynpocalyse, Riley Sexbang, Rexy, Kendall's bondage fics, the Greenie/Poisandra/Sledge love triangle (sometimes including Fury) and Peter liveblogging infamous Harry Potter fic My Immortal. And let's not forget that throughout all of that (which was only the first 90 or so pages) there was Greenie's development from thinking it was mad to being one of us and Shadow's constant attempts to get himself shipped with Kendall. And then later we had things like thinking up the rules for drinking games for any cast members that might be reading.

Yo that old thread was the daaays my man. Is it possible to be nostalgic for like 4 years ago?
Yes.

It was more than that. 10 pages a day was more like it. It was quite annoying at the time actually.

That's true.

Don't forget it's PR adaptation - Power Rangers Shipping Force/Power Rangers Sailing Shippers.

There was somebody but I can't remember who that drew up the costumes.
Long Time Newbie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 12:29 AM #1276
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

I mean, I didn't have you for a Kaylee fan.
I liked the episodes she was in (except EoE, for obvious reasons) and her and Chase's relationship was pretty good for what we saw of it, but she wasn't really around enough or fleshed out enough for me to really be a fan of her character.

So, when I think about it, I guess technically I'm not.

There was somebody but I can't remember who that drew up the costumes.
If I had to guess, I'd say it was skyqueen. I don't remember for sure, but they seem to be the one who created pictures for the thread.
Old January 17th, 2019, 10:52 PM #1277
> ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice

ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice

If I had to guess, I'd say it was skyqueen. I don't remember for sure, but they seem to be the one who created pictures for the thread.
Funny, I thought it might have been Cabbie.

I think it's safe to assume that we will never get a more slashable cast than Dino Charge as there were 7 hot guys (8 if you count Heckyl, which I kinda want to) and one of them was Riley the Ho.

We truly squandered those precious days...
Old January 18th, 2019, 01:52 AM #1278
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

I think it's safe to assume that we will never get a more slashable cast than Dino Charge as there were 7 hot guys (8 if you count Heckyl, which I kinda want to) and one of them was Riley the Ho.
Tyler.
Koda.
Chase.
Riley.
Ivan.
Philip.
James.

Oh yeah, there were 7. That's not in order of general hotness, for the record, that's just the order I remembered them.

I'd count Heckyl, out of sheer protest of him not being Talon Ranger.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 08:44 AM #1279
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

Heckyl/Riley works if you use Riley as a naive target of a manipulative Heckyl. Sure, it's very shady, but he's a villain, so he's not going to play by the rules.

... My goodness, we haven't had shipping like that in a LONG time. Why were you so vanilla, Ninja Steel?
MegaBlue is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 09:43 AM #1280
> Lordoftherangers
Power Ranger

Lordoftherangers
Power Ranger

Tyler.
Koda.
Chase.
Riley.
Ivan.
Philip.
James.

Oh yeah, there were 7. That's not in order of general hotness, for the record, that's just the order I remembered them.
If we were gonna rate them on hotness though:

Chase
Tyler
Riley
Koda
Ivan
James
Heckyll
Phillip

Sorry not sorry.
Lordoftherangers is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
alpha/alpha/alpha/alpha, alpha/somnibot, here we go again, like a brother to me, old thread/this thread, super mega shipping, uaerg, vic/monty in love story, viconty chocolate love