Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2018, 03:43 PM #3921
RCerdeira's Avatar
> RCerdeira
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 13
RCerdeira
Power Ranger
RCerdeira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 13



GreenNinja wrote: View Post

Not quite what this thread is about, but interesting to know.

Iīm sorry. I searched for a more appropriate thread, but I didnīt find it..
RCerdeira is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2018, 02:44 PM #3922
lightning's Avatar
> lightning
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 65
lightning
Power Ranger
lightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 65



Just wondering I prefer overtime over tv-nihlon and was wanting to watch time ranger
should I watch the overtime subs and then continue with tv-nihlon or use tv nihlon the whole show
lightning is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2018, 02:49 PM #3923
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Heat/Trigger
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,689
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,689



Just get Timeranger from Shout; it's legit, legal and helps get more toku subbed.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2018, 03:10 PM #3924
Akiba Black's Avatar
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,129
Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior
Akiba Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,129



lightning wrote: View Post

Just wondering I prefer overtime over tv-nihlon and was wanting to watch time ranger
should I watch the overtime subs and then continue with tv-nihlon or use tv nihlon the whole show
Neither, just buy the official DVDs.
Akiba Black is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2018, 03:14 PM #3925
christopherjohn's Avatar
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12,367
christopherjohn
VIP Rider
christopherjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12,367



Akiba Black wrote: View Post

Neither, just buy the official DVDs.
Yup support official releases like Akiba said. Even those groups support official releases.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2018, 08:27 PM #3926
Dexter1998's Avatar
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,127
Dexter1998
SasoriOrange
Dexter1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,127



You guys know that sometimes people don't live in the USA and can't afford them, right?

Go with TV-Nihon because they published all the episodes. Over-Time had all the show translated, but the encoding make it really slow, and Shout! beat them to it. Also, TV Nihon is made by a different translator, and she was good (I watched a few episodes, and it was understandable enough)
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 24th, 2018, 09:05 PM #3927
Akiba Black's Avatar
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,129
Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior
Akiba Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,129



Alternatively you could wait a bit and it will eventually be up for streaming on Shoutfactorytv (which already has Zyuranger-GoGoV) available. If you're not willing to do that either than sure, go with the fansubbed version.
Akiba Black is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2018, 09:34 PM #3928
Xenotome's Avatar
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 28,500
Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 28,500



Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

You guys know that sometimes people don't live in the USA and can't afford them, right?
That doesn't much matter. The reason fansubs are turned a blind eye to is because there is no official release you're taking sales from so when there is it should be encouraged that they seek out those official releases. Amazon ships world wide, there's no excuse for why location should be impeding someone from getting the DVDs.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2018, 10:04 PM #3929
Dexter1998's Avatar
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,127
Dexter1998
SasoriOrange
Dexter1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,127



I'll tell you why.

Imagine that you don't live in the USA, and your exchange rate is 3.20 with your coin. In Peru is Soles. 1 sol = $3,20 usually. Now, you work, and they pay you the minimun salary (950 soles). You pay 500 soles for rent, and you are left with 450, but you need to pay taxez, so you are actually left with 430 (for example). You need to pay for your internet, light and water, so you only got 210 left, for example. Food and shit, shoot. 130. You need to go to work and you don't own a car, so you go on bus, and it's 2 soles each day, maybe more, 5 times a week, sometimes 6 if you work on saturdays, 90 or 80 soles that you have in case of emergency, How much is the less expensive sentai season in dollars? Carranger, for 25,89 dollars. Now, multiply 25,89 dollars with 3,20. 82,848 soles. But wait, what about shipping? 7.98 it's the less expensive for Peru: 7,98 x 3,20? It's 25, 536 soles + 82,848 = 108,384. Shoot, I can't buy the less expensive now.

But I HAVE to buy it officially even if it's not my country nor my first language. Why? Why can't I or any of you buy the Japanese releases, huh? Is it expensive? Can you always affort them? Does it have subs in you first language. Sure, I understand English, but still, I wanna buy them- But I can't because it's too expensive for me. Of course I can save money, but what if I need to pay something. I get a cold and I need money to go to the doctor and buy medicine. Bye bye money.

A little FYI. Some water bottles of 625ml are between 1,20 soles to 1,50. And if you want to drink tap water, in some places you need to boile it first, so a lot of people buy water bottles. Most places still use Gas Ballons that are expensive (between 30 and 40 soles).

Last edited by Dexter1998; September 24th, 2018 at 10:11 PM.
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (3)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 25th, 2018, 12:26 AM #3930
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,319
Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,319



Not being able to afford something does not mean you are entitled to get it for free, english not being your first language doesn't really matter either, you clearly understand it and because this is about english language fansubs the point is moot anyway.

You don't have to buy anything and of course you can watch fansubs, no one is stopping you but maybe don't advertize it for licensed seasons and because this is a north american based english language board so north american, english language releases will be supported.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2018, 12:43 AM #3931
lightning's Avatar
> lightning
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 65
lightning
Power Ranger
lightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 65



the reason that I don't watch the official releases is that on shout tv you can't watch it in Australia I tried for megaranger and timeranger. It is also incredibly hard to get the DVDs in my current situation.
lightning is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2018, 12:52 AM #3932
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,319
Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,319



Right, amazon.com doesn't ship to Australia, no idea what that is about.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2018, 01:46 AM #3933
> Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,083
Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,083



Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

Imagine that you don't live in the USA, and your exchange rate is 3.20 with your coin. In Peru is Soles. 1 sol = $3,20 usually. Now, you work, and they pay you the minimun salary (950 soles). You pay 500 soles for rent, and you are left with 450, but you need to pay taxez, so you are actually left with 430 (for example). You need to pay for your internet, light and water, so you only got 210 left, for example. Food and shit, shoot. 130. You need to go to work and you don't own a car, so you go on bus, and it's 2 soles each day, maybe more, 5 times a week, sometimes 6 if you work on saturdays, 90 or 80 soles that you have in case of emergency, How much is the less expensive sentai season in dollars? Carranger, for 25,89 dollars. Now, multiply 25,89 dollars with 3,20. 82,848 soles. But wait, what about shipping? 7.98 it's the less expensive for Peru: 7,98 x 3,20? It's 25, 536 soles + 82,848 = 108,384. Shoot, I can't buy the less expensive now.
Well, I suppose your country probably has custom taxes so you could add those as well.

And those are the reason why I don't get the sets on Amazon. They have a system where you have to pay "import fees deposit" alongside the order

Thing is: the way they calculate customs charges be the DOUBLE of the what you are buying. And their calculations aren't even technically correct.

When I got the Jungle Fury set, I had to resort to getting it from Amazon's MarketPlace so I could pay more fair customs taxes.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2018, 04:11 AM #3934
Tigran's Avatar
> Tigran
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,704
Tigran
Power Ranger
Tigran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,704



lightning wrote: View Post

the reason that I don't watch the official releases is that on shout tv you can't watch it in Australia I tried for megaranger and timeranger. It is also incredibly hard to get the DVDs in my current situation.
Have you tried something like Hola or one of the other VPN browser addons to change your location?
Tigran is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2018, 04:50 AM #3935
christopherjohn's Avatar
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12,367
christopherjohn
VIP Rider
christopherjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12,367



Welcome to reality and if you lost the life lottery on where you were born that sucks. The reason why groups like Overtime and TV Nihon support official releases is because they are in jeopardy of being taken down if they don't. So get the subs while you can because they will be taken down eventually as they do with official releases.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2018, 05:24 AM #3936
Akiba Black's Avatar
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,129
Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior
Akiba Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,129



Also once again, most of Shout Factory's releases are legally available for streaming on their website completely free (I think some are on Amazon Prime as well). So there are alternatives if you can't afford to buy one of the DVD sets (though as has been mentioned, if it's not available for viewing in your country there are ways of getting around that if you want).
Akiba Black is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2018, 05:48 AM #3937
Dexter1998's Avatar
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,127
Dexter1998
SasoriOrange
Dexter1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,127



I'm not saying I should get it for free. I was answering this bit: "there's no excuse for why location should be impeding someone from getting the DVDs."

That's it. I will buy them eventually, most likely in winter (in the USA), since I'm travelling to Europe to see my brother. and I will work with him in a thing for three months and I will make the money. But I'm still answering why location is a reason.

I know how to use a VPN, obviously, but sometimes it doesn't work fine for me. And if I want to use a good one, it costs (and it's not cheap for me neither).

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Welcome to reality and if you lost the life lottery on where you were born that sucks. The reason why groups like Overtime and TV Nihon support official releases is because they are in jeopardy of being taken down if they don't. So get the subs while you can because they will be taken down eventually as they do with official releases.
Oh, I know how it works. I know why they pull them out. It annoys me, sure, but I still do. That being said, I still think people not living in the USA shouldn't be forced to get the Shout! sets, same as why people in the USA shouldn't be forced to get a release of, let's say, a movie that it hasn't been released in your country, but it has in another. You don't have to, but if you can, sure, you can do it, but you shouldn't be forced to.

Last edited by Dexter1998; September 25th, 2018 at 07:14 AM.
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 25th, 2018, 05:57 AM #3938
MakaiRanger99's Avatar
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,973
eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi
MakaiRanger99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,973
eBay



For me, it's whoever gets subs out first. Whether it's TV-Nihon or Over-Time subs, it doesn't matter to me. Although, Over-Time is usually quicker with their subs. The flashy stuff TV-Nihon does is fine, but I think that's one of the reasons they're always behind on releases.
MakaiRanger99 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.