RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old September 13th, 2017, 07:13 PM   #561
xshinox
Budou though

i would rewatch 555 ONLY if they re release them in higher quality kuz the ones TV-Nihon has are so shitty. i know kneesubs are subbing the dvd version or whatever.

also, that CSM case fits everything except the belt pieces. those are too large/wide. i own the DX case and used to own the DX faiz gear with the adult mod belt pieces. they fit but you have to take many of the belt pieces off to fit it. it looks show accurate when you do it though.

you can also use the DX belt but it will bend and look ugly
xshinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 10:12 AM   #562
Actar
Power Ranger

eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by xshinox View Post
Again,I would like to get a suitcase for my CSM Kaixa Gear and was wondering if this place can be trusted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taichi View Post
Never heard of them. Not bad cases though...

For those who don't know, the cases used for the show were actual cases that were purchased and modified by Toei from various manufacturers. A gun case (Vanguard VGC-7701), a tool case (Yahata Neji TC-301S) and a camera case (Vanguard VGP-7625C) for Faiz, Kaixa and Delta respectively. Unfortunately, many of them are already long out of production, so they can get rather pricey (with the Delta Gear Box being the most expensive, fetching about $2,000 on auction). Still, I highly recommend you track those actual cases down if you're planning on customizing your own Gear Boxes and there are some customizers who specialize in converting and selling these cases (to varying degrees of accuracy). More info here. (Yes, it's a shameless plug.)

Interestingly enough though, the VGC-7701 case comes in two different frame colors - the more common dark gray frame and the much, much rarer show-accurate silver frame. I was lucky enough to track a silver-framed one down for my CSM Faiz Gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshinox View Post
also, that CSM case fits everything except the belt pieces. those are too large/wide. i own the DX case and used to own the DX faiz gear with the adult mod belt pieces. they fit but you have to take many of the belt pieces off to fit it. it looks show accurate when you do it though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xephon0930 View Post
I wonder if the prop belts used in the show have a smaller variant that fits in the case and thus is only shown inside the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taichi View Post
but the CSM belts don't come loose and I'd hate to put hem in a case like that and bend them weird.

Regarding the belt straps, yes they do not fit in the box and yes they do use a separate prop when the belts are in the Gear Boxes.

Thankfully, the belt straps are very easy to remove (simply undo a few screws). The process is completely reversible.

All I had to do was to cobble together a faux belt strap from a previous custom belt to complete this phenomenal display piece:

+ a few minutes in photoshop:

Last edited by Actar; September 14th, 2017 at 10:18 AM.
Actar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 11:14 AM   #563
Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actar View Post
https://i.imgur.com/g6kzkRv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/D9WZxak.jpg

For those who don't know, the cases used for the show were actual cases that were purchased and modified by Toei from various manufacturers. A gun case (Vanguard VGC-7701), a tool case (Yahata Neji TC-301S) and a camera case (Vanguard VGP-7625C) for Faiz, Kaixa and Delta respectively. Unfortunately, many of them are already long out of production, so they can get rather pricey (with the Delta Gear Box being the most expensive, fetching about $2,000 on auction). Still, I highly recommend you track those actual cases down if you're planning on customizing your own Gear Boxes and there are some customizers who specialize in converting and selling these cases (to varying degrees of accuracy). More info here. (Yes, it's a shameless plug.)

https://i.imgur.com/W9nGXoR.jpg

Interestingly enough though, the VGC-7701 case comes in two different frame colors - the more common dark gray frame and the much, much rarer show-accurate silver frame. I was lucky enough to track a silver-framed one down for my CSM Faiz Gear.

https://i.imgur.com/DHxDpaR.jpg

Regarding the belt straps, yes they do not fit in the box and yes they do use a separate prop when the belts are in the Gear Boxes.

https://i.imgur.com/RzDLGTb.jpg

Thankfully, the belt straps are very easy to remove (simply undo a few screws). The process is completely reversible.

https://i.imgur.com/GjHHTBC.jpg

All I had to do was to cobble together a faux belt strap from a previous custom belt to complete this phenomenal display piece:

https://i.imgur.com/CVkp1lO.jpg

+ a few minutes in photoshop:

https://i.imgur.com/OCElWKZ.jpg
Thanks for the info,man.
I knew there was some discrepancy when I saw that the CSM version of the Faiz Case looked way different from what was in the show. I hope that when I get an AM-15 case,it would have more than enough wiggle room for the entire belt.
Xephon0930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 12:38 PM   #564
ryuga_knight
Power Ranger

Wonder if gear box cusomizers will make new foam inserts fro the CSM Blaygun.

Last edited by ryuga_knight; September 14th, 2017 at 06:46 PM.
ryuga_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 01:08 PM   #565
Kylash327
No fancy avatar for me :(

Yeah the boxes on that Chinese site are not correct, kinda close, but not the same model.
Kylash327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 02:22 PM   #566
Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylash327 View Post
Yeah the boxes on that Chinese site are not correct, kinda close, but not the same model.
Especially Kaixa's.
There are no gloss black corners for the case.
I was thinking of getting an AM-15 suitcase to customize myself.
I would need to track down light grey foam inserts and somehow get an aluminum plate with screws on the corners. The Smart Brain logo I can ask Blinddrummer15 for.
Old September 18th, 2017, 03:11 AM   #567
Actar
Power Ranger

eBay
Did everyone see this?

Good lord, are there a ton of features. It honestly makes the CSM Faiz Phone look like a DX toy in comparison, no joke. The action voices, I could do without, but I NEED these things in the Faiz phone:

- Activation sound when flipped open
- Ringtone
- De-henshin sound

I still can't even begin to wrap my head around how fully-featured this thing is. They are really going all out and we have sure come a long way since the days of "modifying" DX toys... (^.^')
Actar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 09:10 AM   #568
Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actar View Post
Did everyone see this?

Good lord, are there a ton of features. It honestly makes the CSM Faiz Phone look like a DX toy in comparison, no joke. The action voices, I could do without, but I NEED these things in the Faiz phone:

- Activation sound when flipped open
- Ringtone
- De-henshin sound

I still can't even begin to wrap my head around how fully-featured this thing is. They are really going all out and we have sure come a long way since the days of "modifying" DX toys... (^.^')
I can only imagine how much more elaborate future CSM releases will be. I wonder if Bandai will tackle Ryuki via the V-Buckle and his Visor. Same with the likes of Knight.
Old September 25th, 2017, 05:48 PM   #569
RiderFan18
Power Ranger

More details about the Kaixa Gear. In order to reproduce scenes from the show when the henshin is undone by force, if you hold down the trigger on the phone while set in the belt it will also play the henshin cancellation sound. If you do this a second time it will alternate to a different cancellation and error sound from Paradise Lost movie. And there's a low chance that if you don't do anything for 1 minute after transforming, the alternate cancellation sound from the film will play.

Also one thing I'm especially happy about is that they included voice lines related to the brief scene in the film Paradise Lost when Keitaro becomes Kaixa, with sounds from before and after he changes.

I'm personally hoping the simple phrase of him just saying "henshin" is included like it is with Kusaka's and that you'll be able to activate it during the henshin standby by pressing the phone trigger.

Last edited by RiderFan18; September 26th, 2017 at 06:50 AM.
RiderFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:02 PM   #570
Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderFan18 View Post
More details about the Kaixa Gear. In order to reproduce scenes from the show when the henshin of undone by force, if you hold down the trigger on the phone while set in the belt it will also play the henshin cancellation sound. If you do this a second time it will alternate to a different cancellation sound from Paradise Lost movie. And there's a low chance that if you don't do anything for 1 minute after transforming, the alternate cancellation sound from the film will play.

Also one thing I'm especially happy about is that they included voice lines related to the brief scene in the film Paradise Lost when Keitaro becomes Kaixa, with sounds from before and after he changes.

I'm personally hoping the simple phrase of him just saying "henshin" is included like it is with Kusaka's and that you'll be able to activate it during the henshin standby by pressing the phone trigger.
That is nice that they added such a detail from the non-canon Paradise Lost film.
Also,I am pretty close to finishing 555.
I have like around 5 episodes left to finish.
Old September 25th, 2017, 08:52 PM   #571
ryuga_knight
Power Ranger

I feel a CSM V-Buckle is unlikely for 2 reasons;
1. The V-Buckle all ready had a CS belt made way back when
2. Ryuki is not the most popular series.

But if they did they had better include a bonus Abyss deck.
ryuga_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 12:55 AM   #572
bushwacka666
We all like a bit of bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuga_knight View Post
I feel a CSM V-Buckle is unlikely for 2 reasons;
1. The V-Buckle all ready had a CS belt made way back when
2. Ryuki is not the most popular series.

But if they did they had better include a bonus Abyss deck.
The Faiz Gear and Den-O Belt had original CS releases too, didn't stop them from getting CSM versions years later. I feel like anything could be possible at this stage.

I'm totally with you on the Abyss deck though. Yes please!
bushwacka666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 04:33 AM   #573
RiderFan18
Power Ranger

I was honestly expecting a CSM V-Buckle instead of Kaixa due to the fact that while it's Den-O's 10th anniversary, it's also Ryuki's 15th anniversary, and I could have seen them doing a set with the original 13 decks plus maybe a blank Ryuki deck and an Abyss deck for a total of 15 decks to sort of match the anniversary, like how the CSM Den-O belt set has 10 different forms for theirs.

Last edited by RiderFan18; September 26th, 2017 at 04:57 AM.
RiderFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 10:18 AM   #574
moonknight2099
Power Ranger

So it's possible to still get a case for non csm kaixa gear sweet and agreed on the v buckle and abyss deck
moonknight2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 02:40 PM   #575
DoubleFace
VIP Rider... BLACK!

I kinda want that, on the other hand I would really like them to release some sort of upgrade set for Faiz. Would be nice to have full size Faiz Edge as a part of the set. I just hate the inconsistency of CSM line, both in presentation, boxes, and the features.
DoubleFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 02:45 PM   #576
Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleFace View Post
I kinda want that, on the other hand I would really like them to release some sort of upgrade set for Faiz. Would be nice to have full size Faiz Edge as a part of the set. I just hate the inconsistency of CSM line, both in presentation, boxes, and the features.
Maybe we can get it with a Faiz Blaster for all we know.
So that Bandai will charge us like $300 more for it.
Old September 27th, 2017, 06:13 AM   #577
moonknight2099
Power Ranger

I can't see the fai z blaster being worth while to Bandai to make the weight alone of it would make it cost a lot, the faiz edge on the other hand defiantly saying they released gavan's sword, I wish they would sell the blaygun seperate

Last edited by moonknight2099; September 27th, 2017 at 07:37 AM.
moonknight2099 is offline   Reply With Quote