RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Conventions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old September 23rd, 2017, 01:54 PM   #321
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future_zordon View Post
Ill be seeing Tony Oliver next month. I was thinking of asking him if hes going to be at PMC
He probably wouldn't know yet.

As opposed to us, conventions are business for the cast and crew members. To know what they'll have on their plate 11 months from now that conflicts with Morphicon's schedule is difficult.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 08:44 PM   #322
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
I missed having all of the crew members there last time, in 2014 him and Doug Sloan were my favorite guests so many great stories.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 02:11 PM   #323
gothamninja394
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureLover06 View Post
Makes sense, ya most of the Cons Amy Jo has done this year have been with JDF, so maybe JDF can convince Amy to finally attend Morphicon, but like I said before since I finally got to meet her this year it won't really disappoint me if she declines again but I hope she does finally attend next year in honor of the 25th anniversary, overall, I hope it's the first Morphicon in which both Austin St. John and JDF attend together and Amy does as well, all of the surviving Original season 1 cast attend together, which hasn't been done yet I think at any convention and at a panel together
That would be so cool, I MEAN SERIOUSLY! I'd love to see them all together in one place for once
gothamninja394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 01:59 AM   #324
PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothamninja394 View Post
That would be so cool, I MEAN SERIOUSLY! I'd love to see them all together in one place for once
ya absolutely, which still hasn't happened yet, for the 25th anniversary, it's time for JDF and Austin St. John to finally bury the hatchet, and with Amy being comfortable attending Cons now, Morphicon it's time, but if it doesn't happen with Amy's case, oh well, it won't bother me as much since I finally got to meet her. Since they are using JDF to promote the show, because he is the only guest announcement for PMC next year, I think that should also be a clue that Amy Jo will likely decline again because if she did go, PMC would love to use her to promote the show as well, since she still remains the only member from the MMPR era who hasn't attended Morphicon yet, and just like they did the Pink/Green tour this year.
PopCultureLover06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2017, 06:15 AM   #325
sky_queen3
Blue Ranger Power

Has there been any word on Hotel’s yet? As I’d be flying out internationally I was waiting for Hotel information before signing up. :/
sky_queen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 07:13 PM   #326
Finlaena
A dream of Mad Man Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoMystechRanger View Post
He probably wouldn't know yet.

As opposed to us, conventions are business for the cast and crew members. To know what they'll have on their plate 11 months from now that conflicts with Morphicon's schedule is difficult.
Eeee'yup. It probably helps that they get them added into their schedule books ahead of time. But schedule conflicts can and do happen, and they (and/or their agent/handler) decide what takes priority... usually the higher paying jobs do (i.e. film shoots/reshoots, commercial work, etc) or personal matters (i.e. family) come first over cons.

That being said, it's probably a good idea for PMC not to announce any guests this far in advance, unless they're 100% certain said guests will be able to make it. Some might be easy to lock in this early, others... not so much.
Finlaena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 11:35 AM   #327
Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

Have they announced the hotel block yet? Is there likely to be a better deal nearby? Who has hotel advice?
Larry Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 05:46 PM   #328
PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

regarding Catherine Sutherland, she seems to be the member from the MMPR era that is the most involved in the convention scene, it seems she is at almost every convention nation-wide, of course is a great thing, bless her heart, because I noticed she is gonna be at a convention in Germany, would you agree with that as well? Catherine Sutherland is the Ranger actor/actress that is the most involved in the Convention scene? or are there others that appear at almost every Con?
Old October 6th, 2017, 08:58 AM   #329
⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureLover06 View Post
regarding Catherine Sutherland, she seems to be the member from the MMPR era that is the most involved in the convention scene, it seems she is at almost every convention nation-wide, of course is a great thing, bless her heart, because I noticed she is gonna be at a convention in Germany, would you agree with that as well? Catherine Sutherland is the Ranger actor/actress that is the most involved in the Convention scene? or are there others that appear at almost every Con?
Jason Faunt and Steve Cardinas are also at just about any con out there anymore.
OmegaRangerRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 03:35 PM   #330
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
ASJ gets booked at WAY more cons than Catherine. It's pretty much his full time job now.
Old October 9th, 2017, 06:39 PM   #331
PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRangerRed View Post
Jason Faunt and Steve Cardinas are also at just about any con out there anymore.
Well one reason why I bring this up, is because I noticed an old FB post about Catherine Sutherland recently, over a month ago, even though the post was from 2 years, and I will admit I got very jealous of her. She got to meet legendary voice actor Frank Welker at Texas Comic-Con, she posted her selfie pic of her and him, and Frank Welker is very new to attending conventions, and it's still very rare when he does .He's been a priority of mine to meet for a while now. So for her to get booked at the same Convention as him is just truly epic among words, got me so jealous but I remain optimistic I'll meet him someday, just as how I finally met Amy Jo Johnson earlier this year, had to go to my first out of state convention just to finally meet her and looks like I'll have to do the same thing if I want to meet Frank Welker as well, because apparently Frank Welker and Amy Jo Johnson have things in common.
Old October 9th, 2017, 08:13 PM   #332
KyleGoldfinch
Power Ranger

I really wish i could go! erghhh. Sometimes i hate living in Australia. Enjoy guys! Hopefully if i get time and money in the next year! We will finally get to go.
KyleGoldfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2017, 04:11 AM   #333
red-thunder
Power Ranger

Just recently Austin St John and Jason David Frank attended New York Comic Con together. So that gives hope that they'll appear together at PMC.
red-thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2017, 03:39 PM   #334
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
They were both at the con yes, however they didn't appear together at any time. JDF is already booked for PMC and I'm sure ASJ will attend as well, however I doubt they will do any sort of joint panel or photo ops. ASJ barely did any panels at all at the last two PMCs since his booth line was so long all weekend. And JDF's presumably will be as well especially since he is only appearing on Saturday.
Old October 10th, 2017, 07:22 PM   #335
TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-thunder View Post
Just recently Austin St John and Jason David Frank attended New York Comic Con together. So that gives hope that they'll appear together at PMC.
They alternated days at the nWay booth. Read between the lines. There's no logical reason for JDF to only go ONE day to a POWER RANGER convention when he literally lives off cons
TyrannoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2017, 11:27 PM   #336
red-thunder
Power Ranger

I never said that ASJ and JDF interacted with each other. All I just was that they attended the same Con together. The fact that they can now attend the same cons together, even if they don't interact with each other is a step in the right direction, because a few years ago JDF wouldn't even go to the same Cons as ASJ. Things are slowly changing, and while this isn't perfect, I think we should try to see the positive side to this.
red-thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 07:25 AM   #337
Kaigan

JDF's logic: "You mean if I start going to cons with him, I could make more money!?"
Kaigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 04:22 PM   #338
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
JDF has no say on who attends NYCC or not, as opposed to some of the smaller cons. And he wasn't going to miss out on the biggest con in the country so he had to just deal with it.
Old October 11th, 2017, 09:20 PM   #339
PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTerrorToad87 View Post
JDF has no say on who attends NYCC or not, as opposed to some of the smaller cons. And he wasn't going to miss out on the biggest con in the country so he had to just deal with it.
I would have thought SDCC was the biggest in the USA
Old October 12th, 2017, 04:24 AM   #340
⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
I think it comes down to what is considered to be an actual part of the convention and what isn't, which people will debate over, to determine which is bigger.

In the end, I just say the two are the two largest in the US.
OmegaRangerRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bring deodorant, morphicon 6