Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2017, 04:23 PM #221
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,307
Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,307



And if it gets cancelled again, who the fans are going to blame?
Spider-Phoenix is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 04:24 PM #222
BlueMystechRanger's Avatar
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 7,547
BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK
BlueMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 7,547



Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

And if it gets cancelled again, who the fans are going to blame?
While it would technically be the fandom's fault, DC would not be completely free of blame

After all that time the fans spent binging it on Netflix...and all the times Netflix reached out to the fandom and let them know they were being listened to, this whole thing seems like a bit of a dick move on DC's part. So now, despite playing a large role in the show's revival, Netflix will be getting none of the revenue that season 3 will bring in. And fans will have to subscribe to either subscribe to another streaming service, or pirate the series (which runs the risk of sending it back to an early grave)
BlueMystechRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 11:05 PM #223
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,096
AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,096



Blue22 wrote: View Post

And fans will have to subscribe to either subscribe to another streaming service, or pirate the series (which runs the risk of sending it back to an early grave)
Would it really be early? I mean, is anyone insane enough to think we stand a chance at a fourth season after getting this miracle?
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 11:38 PM #224
SuperMystechRanger's Avatar
> SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 4,239
SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger
SuperMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 4,239



Primo Ron Pink wrote: View Post

Would it really be early? I mean, is anyone insane enough to think we stand a chance at a fourth season after getting this miracle?
Well now that it's away from a TV network, people are probably going to assume that it'll last however long Weisman wants it too. Actually I think I've already seen people talk about how this is better because it's fully under WB/DC's control and not up to CN anymore.
SuperMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 11:56 PM #225
DigificWriter's Avatar
> DigificWriter
Banned
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,801
DigificWriter
Banned
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,801



I'm surprised that Berlanti Productions is partnering wit Akiva Goldsman to resurrect this project, but will be keeping an eye out as things move forward.

I also don't think much will change, character lineup-wise, other than the apparent addition of Beast Boy, but we'll see
DigificWriter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2017, 12:30 AM #226
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,096
AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,096



superfanmj94 wrote: View Post

I think I've already seen people talk about how this is better because it's fully under WB/DC's control and not up to CN anymore.
But that's what I'm talking about, this misguided idea that Cartoon Network just arbitrarily cancels TV shows. The show still has to make money, and locking it behind a paywall on a website doesn't scream a greater level of success.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2017, 01:41 AM #227
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,307
Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,307



Blue22 wrote: View Post

While it would technically be the fandom's fault, DC would not be completely free of blame

After all that time the fans spent binging it on Netflix...and all the times Netflix reached out to the fandom and let them know they were being listened to, this whole thing seems like a bit of a dick move on DC's part. So now, despite playing a large role in the show's revival, Netflix will be getting none of the revenue that season 3 will bring in. And fans will have to subscribe to either subscribe to another streaming service, or pirate the series (which runs the risk of sending it back to an early grave)
I don't see why it sounds mean/jerkish to release it on its digital service. Perhaps with netflix they were just testing how many people was interested on watching it via stream. After seeing the numbers made it worth the shot, they just went for an exclusive service.

Primo Ron Pink wrote: View Post

But that's what I'm talking about, this misguided idea that Cartoon Network just arbitrarily cancels TV shows. The show still has to make money, and locking it behind a paywall on a website doesn't scream a greater level of success.
Thank you.

That's a very important point: people whine because their shows get cancelled but when it comes to support the show with the wallet, very few do it which causes the show to be cancelled.
Spider-Phoenix is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2017, 03:13 AM #228
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,752
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,752



I have a feeling that these shows will air on different networks outside the US as in countries that do not have the streaming service, which would avert the no export for you trope.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2017, 03:16 AM #229
AtoMan's Avatar
> AtoMan
Now read my post again
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,559
AtoMan
Now read my post again
AtoMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,559



So noone wonders if the show will be part of the Arrowverse, Supergirlverse or Whateververse?

Blue22 wrote: View Post

After all that time the fans spent binging it on Netflix...and all the times Netflix reached out to the fandom and let them know they were being listened to, this whole thing seems like a bit of a dick move on DC's part. So now, despite playing a large role in the show's revival, Netflix will be getting none of the revenue that season 3 will bring in. And fans will have to subscribe to either subscribe to another streaming service, or pirate the series (which runs the risk of sending it back to an early grave)
I'd like to remind you that the show is still not available on Netflix outside US, so a big part of the fandom is screwed over either way. It'd be ironical if they finally got the license for Europe with the new season, which might still happen. It might even save the show, like it did with Glitter Force.
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2017, 03:26 AM #230
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,752
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,752



AtoMan wrote: View Post

So no one wonders if the show will be part of the Arrowverse, Supergirlverse or Whateververse?
Same question you would ask about Black Lightning.

I'd like to remind you that the show is still not available on Netflix outside US, so a big part of the fandom is screwed over either way. It'd be ironic if they finally got the license for Europe with the new season, which might still happen. It might even save the show, like it did with Glitter Force.
Not ironic and Young Justice is actually available on Amazon Prime in the UK but I definitely see YJ airing new episodes on Netflix outside the US should WB make a deal with Netflix to put the show available outside the US.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2017, 05:54 AM #231
TealMystechRanger's Avatar
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 12,483
TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst
TealMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 12,483



AtoMan wrote: View Post

So noone wonders if the show will be part of the Arrowverse, Supergirlverse or Whateververse?
*cough*:

AcceLOWorst wrote: View Post

Don't suppose we know if this is tying into any of the other live-action DC universes running at the moment, do we?
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2017, 06:08 AM #232
SonicBlueRanger's Avatar
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,863
SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger
SonicBlueRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,863



I wonder if this will be in the Arrowverse? If so then I wonder if Wally will be on this too?

Edit: Ninja'd
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2017, 09:50 AM #233
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,752
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,752



Henshin King wrote: View Post

Listen, there is barely any news about this new streaming service. How about we hear more about it before we complain?
We're not complaining about it. We're just skeptical about it on whether or not it will be a success.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 05:16 PM #234
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,716
TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,716



Casting breakdowns of the Titans have reportedly been leaked. Grain of salt and all that:

[John Crossland]Male, late 20s-early 30s, Caucasian. Equal parts charm and impenetrability, John is a cop. He has a nice smile, tired eyes and a cool, distant manner. However, when provoked, his eyes are so lethal “they drain a man of every last bit of spleen.” John is haunted by the murder of his family. Unbeknownst to those around him, he is also a vigilante. In the shadows, he fights with the commitment and conviction of an artist, the brutal grace of a dancer. Mentally and physically, he is covered in a map of scars. And though he fights to escape his past, it is often a losing battle…SERIES LEAD
[SARAH]Female, Mid teens, Open Ethnicity. Troubled, bullied, often scared but unwilling to show it, Sarah is a loner more comfortable hiding in her hoodie than making friends. Haunted by a dark force inside her, Sarah experiences violent episodes that she cannot understand or control. She is also plagued by recurring nightmares that lead her across the country in search of help…SERIES REGULAR
[Casey]Female, 20s, Open ethnicity. Casey is a tall, stunning woman, her beauty so magnificent it’s almost inhuman. Elegant, refined and mysterious, she is on the hunt to discover who is trying to kill her and why. And those after her are in for a surprise because she’s more deadly than anyone they’ve ever encountered…SERIES REGULAR
[JAX]Male, Mid-late teens, Open Ethnicity, Asian preferred. Funny and charming, this amateur thief’s humor hides his insecurities and past pain. Not the toughest kid on the streets, he’s learned to survive in the world with his wit and quick-thinking…SERIES REGULAR
Source

So, sounds like Nightwing, Raven, Starfire, and Beast Boy. Not a bad note to start with the more iconic line up from the cartoon show. Also, the names listed could be just placeholder names just to conceal who these characters actually.

Lack of Cyborg makes me sad. Fuggin' nu52/DCCU character mandates...
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 05:30 PM #235
BlueMystechRanger's Avatar
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 7,547
BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK
BlueMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 7,547



Asian Beast Boy and open ethnicity for Raven. Should cause some nice bit of controversy if that's real
BlueMystechRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 08:43 PM #236
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,752
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,752



tasti man LH wrote: View Post

So, sounds like Nightwing, Raven, Starfire, and Beast Boy. Not a bad note to start with the more iconic line up from the cartoon show. Also, the names listed could be just placeholder names just to conceal who these characters actually.

Lack of Cyborg makes me sad. Fuggin' nu52/DCCU character mandates...
Well, I really do hope that the team would comprise of more than four members.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 12:33 AM #237
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,096
AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,096



It would be awesome if Aaron Yoo was cast.

Russell from The Tomorrow People sounds exactly like this iteration of Beast Boy.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 01:28 AM #238
ilikepiex7's Avatar
> ilikepiex7
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 474
ilikepiex7
Power Ranger
ilikepiex7's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 474



Kind of want all the founding Titans Roy, Donna, Garth, and Wally on the team but I'm not sure they would be able to get Roy and Wally because of Arrow and The Flash already using those characters on live-action television but it's still possible since Ra's al Ghul was on Gotham and Arrow with different actors.
ilikepiex7 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 02:46 AM #239
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,752
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,752



ilikepiex7 wrote: View Post

Kind of want all the founding Titans Roy, Donna, Garth, and Wally on the team but I'm not sure they would be able to get Roy and Wally because of Arrow and The Flash already using those characters on live-action television but it's still possible since Ra's al Ghul was on Gotham and Arrow with different actors.
Due to the fact that I don't want the team to be comprised of just four members, I'd have Garth and Donna in the team.

Last edited by AdrenalineRush; June 20th, 2017 at 09:56 AM.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 09:41 AM #240
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,381
Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,381



Give me Donna and I will forgive most slights.
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:29 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.