Ugh, worst kids programming on TV now
Godzilla Ranger NYC is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:53 PM #22
> Morphin K
@Morphin_K

Morphin K
@Morphin_K

codeywings10 wrote: View Post

We need another great Disney channel movie!
Oh hell, its rare to even get those period anymore. I remember the days when a DCOM would be released on a monthly or bi monthly basis. Maybe Disney Channel feels they are costly, or they cant come up with any original/entertaining ideas anymore.
Morphin K is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:05 PM #23
> jediranger
VIP Rider

jediranger
VIP Rider

Morphin K wrote: View Post

I remember the days when a DCOM would be released on a monthly or bi monthly basis.
The montly DCOM's only happened one year.

But there have been a few good DCOM's the past few years. Lemonade Mouth was pretty good and I enjoyed Avalon High.
jediranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:01 PM #24
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

ZackMallory wrote: View Post

OMG i have totaly forgotten about Phil of the Future with my Girl Aly Michalka. damn this show was badass. it was an show which you can show your whole family without be ashamed of it. my mother said days ago when my little sis watched shake it up that she can't believe what an bunch of shit my sis watched there and my little sis acting like: yeah every girl is like this in school and whatever. i just thought...thank god i'm not in highschool anymore my highschool time wasn't different with the cliques and all but come on. justin bieber fangirls and shake it up chicks. holy crap
Phil of the Future is one show that needs a proper DVD release. Won't happen though.

Given that I am old enough to remember Power Rangers Mania, along with Pokémania and Pottermania, and LotR mania, I assure you that growing up we (the people I went to school with) liked to think we were just like those. The Shake it up characters, while not ideal role models, cannot be as bad as Ash from Pokémon.

when i watch an disney show i'm thinking like an 12 year old one who would watch it right now you can't compare the old disney to the new disney. even on youtube the hannah montana generation of 2006/2007 miss their time when they shake it up,ally and austin and ant farm. and it's just 5 years ago
Over here in Britain, Even Stevens only just stopped being repeated (on a freeview channel no less, which gave it an advantage over the new ones). But that small point aside, I do sort of agree. You can compare differing generations of Disney Channel, but some may not stand up to comparison too well. That said, we are remembering the best of before, there was always some junk.

jediranger wrote: View Post

The montly DCOM's only happened one year.

But there have been a few good DCOM's the past few years. Lemonade Mouth was pretty good and I enjoyed Avalon High.
Avalon High was an (albeit in name only) adaptation. That limited how bad it could be, unless of course you were a fan of the original book.
Long Time Newbie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:42 PM #25
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Godzilla Ranger NYC wrote: View Post

Ugh, worst kids programming on TV now
I think you mistook this for the Spongebob thread.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:54 PM #26
> jediranger
VIP Rider

jediranger
VIP Rider

Nope, never read that or the Lemonade Mouth book. But I enjoyed them even though they were based off books.
jediranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:59 PM #27
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

Re: JONAS on DVD - I only remember seeing 'Volume 1' and "I <3 JONAS" (the Valentine's Day-branded release with the bonus magnets) coming out. I had to go on eBay and import the 'true volume 2' and volume 3 from Latin America (the covers, while they all match volume 1 now, are written in Spanish). Volume 2 and "I <3 JONAS" are the same thing, but Volume 2 is stylized like Volume 1. The ones I have are, obviously, bootlegs of legitimate non-US releases, but the fact of the matter is that Disney never released Volume 3 or any of JLA on DVD in the US. JLA was terrible. It was simply a continuation in the fact that the characters had the same names as their Season 1 counterparts.
MegaBlue is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:18 PM #28
> ZackMallory
Power Ranger

ZackMallory
Power Ranger

we're in germany had the luck to get the first season of Jonas in an complete box and not volume crap. i hate volumes of seasons. that is just wrong
ZackMallory is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:27 PM #29
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

MegaBlue wrote: View Post

Re: JONAS on DVD - I only remember seeing 'Volume 1' and "I <3 JONAS" (the Valentine's Day-branded release with the bonus magnets) coming out. I had to go on eBay and import the 'true volume 2' and volume 3 from Latin America (the covers, while they all match volume 1 now, are written in Spanish). Volume 2 and "I <3 JONAS" are the same thing, but Volume 2 is stylized like Volume 1. The ones I have are, obviously, bootlegs of legitimate non-US releases, but the fact of the matter is that Disney never released Volume 3 or any of JLA on DVD in the US. JLA was terrible. It was simply a continuation in the fact that the characters had the same names as their Season 1 counterparts.
Really? We never had any DVDs of JONAS L.A. in Britain either, but we had all three volumes of plain (season 1) JONAS. According to Wikipedia (which I've just checked) it was the same in Australia.

At the risk of being tempbanned for possibly using the wrong forum, Volume 1 (Keeping It Real) is similar to Rockin The House (it had Keeping it Real and Fashion Victim instead of Cold Shoulder and Beauty and the Beast) and had the same bonus feature.

Volume 2 (Rock Stars In The House) has:
That Ding You Do
Complete Repeat
Love Sick
Three Musketeers
Frantic Romantic
Detention
Karaoke Surprise
& the pranking Jordin Sparks thing.
Volume 3 (Ready To Rock) is all the others plus the outtakes.

If it matches that then it's (at least copied from) a legitimate release.

I've yet to see any mention of a Latin American release on Wikipedia, but as it also lacks mention of a German release, and clearly needs updating, that doesn't really mean much.

Last edited by Long Time Newbie; January 2nd, 2013 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Not quite right
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:28 PM #30
> Red Mystic Ranger
Power Ranger

Red Mystic Ranger
Power Ranger

Season 2 of Kickin' It is now on Netflix.
Red Mystic Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:31 PM #31
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

Yay!

Re: JONAS on DVD - I didn't pick up the foreign copy of Volume 1 - I had the US one - but Volume 2/I <3 JONAS are the same, but with different packaging. Volume 3 was never released in the US and, I believe, is missing one episode. I'm not sure offhand which one isn't there, but I know that Team Jonas was in a tizzy over one episode not being included on the foreign DVD releases. I don't doubt that they're legitimate releases from somewhere in the world, but the ones I have are definitely copies.

---

In other news, the new season of "Lab Rats" starts in February. The big tagline? "Leo's now a size Medium."
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:25 PM #32
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Red Mystic Ranger wrote: View Post

Season 2 of Kickin' It is now on Netflix.
Yet they still haven't got the 1st season Austin & Ally on there.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:35 AM #33
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

MegaBlue wrote: View Post

Yay!

Re: JONAS on DVD - I didn't pick up the foreign copy of Volume 1 - I had the US one - but Volume 2/I <3 JONAS are the same, but with different packaging. Volume 3 was never released in the US and, I believe, is missing one episode. I'm not sure offhand which one isn't there, but I know that Team Jonas was in a tizzy over one episode not being included on the foreign DVD releases. I don't doubt that they're legitimate releases from somewhere in the world, but the ones I have are definitely copies.
I'm not sure what you've got then, or how Team Jonas was counting. Wikipedia lists 21 episodes in season 1, all of which are on my copies. I also forgot to mention that Volume 3 has an extra bonus feature where the twins from Suite Life tell you how great Blu-Ray is.

Volume 2 may be the same as I ♥ JONAS somewhere, but it doesn't match mine unless they misprinted the box covers and I learnt all the wrong names.

In other news, the new season of "Lab Rats" starts in February. The big tagline? "Leo's now a size Medium."
Presumably it means he's grown slightly. Although if that's the best a season can do for its tagline it's not a great start.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:48 AM #34
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

Maybe it was something else that they were counting (one of the marathons?). It *was* a few years ago, and my memory's not the greatest as it is. Also, that "Blu-ray is Suite!" featurette was all over EVERY SINGLE DISNEY DVD that was put out for *years*.
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:57 PM #35
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

I'm probably way behind on this, but Dan Southworth was on a second episode of "Kickin' It," "The Karate Games," in which he played an escaped convict in the opening act. Maybe it's continuity from his previous role as one of the Meatball King's hired hands?

(Also, his character fought Kim again and lost. That's twice now that Olivia Holt has almost single-handedly taken down the Quantum Ranger! )
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:31 PM #36
> Mr. Underachiever
Thenubucanplaywithoutside

Mr. Underachiever
Thenubucanplaywithoutside

I can't believe they canceled Tron: Uprising. Bastards.

Well, actually I CAN believe it--the show bombed in the ratings and they didn't know how to market it. Still a shame. It was one of the best cartoons on TV.

Marvel tie-in comic? Please?
Mr. Underachiever is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:27 PM #37
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

Did you buy the soundtrack? According to Wikipedia, it came out this week (likely on iTunes - oh, here it is!). 20 songs for $10 is a good deal, IMO.

Also, with the big-name talent attached to it (Elijah Wood, Mandy Moore, etc), I can see why it was cancelled. If the ratings weren't that great, why keep shelling out the cash for the talent if few people are watching?
Old January 14th, 2013, 04:56 AM #38
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

The soundtrack is awesome, except the final "remix" tracks.

Well, apparently there is some slight chance for the show? Dunno, rework it a bit, introduce new characters, make TV-movies... And no, no comics, please. As a spin-off - okay, but i want it to continue as it should.
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:03 PM #39
> Knight Rider
Banned

Knight Rider
Banned

If they ever, ever did a Wendy Wu 2 I would be upset. She's my girl and all but it's not like Twitches/Tia/Tamara where she's warrants this.
Knight Rider is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:06 PM #40
> codeywings10
Smash Mouth

eBay
codeywings10
Smash Mouth

eBay

Poweranimals wrote: View Post

Yet they still haven't got the 1st season Austin & Ally on there.
Why is that a bad thing?
codeywings10 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote