Home Menu

Menu

Old January 26th, 2019, 05:46 AM #3981
> SuperStar
Power Ranger

SuperStar
Power Ranger

While I think Tara Strong is sort of a boring pick for how popular she is, I can't deny the epic Tara playing Tara angle to it, so it's good.
But anyway can't wait for the next batch this was all in all great, and glad to see we got Brion and Violet together with no real drama.
SuperStar is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2019, 06:29 AM #3982
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

Hopefully The Red isn't that much of a dick to Beast Boy as much as it was to Animal Man in the NU 52.
Adara.2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2019, 06:36 AM #3983
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

This has to be a first. Greg Cipes' character's love interest not voiced by Ashley Johnson. I guess she was too busy with Blindspot.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2019, 07:00 AM #3984
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

So..
was anyone else a little taken aback by how gruesome they showed Victor's body after the explosion? I mean, they showed a lot more in that scene than I believe they've shown of Halo and her deaths.
GalaxyRed is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2019, 07:15 AM #3985
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

GalaxyRed wrote: View Post

So..
was anyone else a little taken aback by how gruesome they showed Victor's body after the explosion? I mean, they showed a lot more in that scene than I believe they've shown of Halo and her deaths.
Probably the most comparable is Halo's face being burned off. Honestly, I think we've seen more there than any of his origin stories in the comics.

Man, episode 12 was probably the best episode of the show so far. Like fucked up in the best way using non-linear methods of filling in Beast Boy's backstory.
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2019, 10:24 AM #3986
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

My bias might be showing a bit cuz I'm a big Beast Boy fan....but DAMN episode 12 is probably my favorite of the whole series. Like.....everything about it was perfect. This was the first time all season that I didn't mind Cipes playing Garfield for the millionth time. His performance was just SO damn good.
BlueMystechRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 26th, 2019, 10:38 AM #3987
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

Can we please not do
a third version of the Judas Contract? I hope a theory I saw about the text really being from the doctor is true.
maslego is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2019, 10:53 AM #3988
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

maslego wrote: View Post

Can we please not do
a third version of the Judas Contract? I hope a theory I saw about the text really being from the doctor is true.
Agreed. We just had a movie version not long ago.
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2019, 11:20 AM #3989
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

maslego wrote: View Post

Can we please not do
Well, this one is already going to be different than the others, from how it's being played out already. I mean, it's going to hit similar beats, but it's not exactly the same. Also, what "third version"? I mean, we had the animated film, and I guess the one from the original Teen Titans show almost 15 years ago (not sure how that's still relevant now, though), so in that sense it's "three versions". But if you want to complain that much about it, then I guess we already have four versions, including the original story in the comics.
GalaxyRed is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2019, 05:53 AM #3990
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

GalaxyRed wrote: View Post

Well, this one is already going to be different than the others, from how it's being played out already. I mean, it's going to hit similar beats, but it's not exactly the same. Also, what "third version"? I mean, we had the animated film, and I guess the one from the original Teen Titans show almost 15 years ago (not sure how that's still relevant now, though), so in that sense it's "three versions". But if you want to complain that much about it, then I guess we already have four versions, including the original story in the comics.
maslego only said a third version, not anything about the recentness or lack there of, so I imagine yes, they're referring to the original Teen Titans cartoon and the movie. But their post wasn't really highlighting anything about them being recent, just that it's been done twice before outside of the comics. It's understandable, I can't blame him I'm with him there. Once it was apparent that Brion's Tara was going to be THAT Tara, I think anyone kinda familiar with the character knew a Judas Contract was likely going to happen cause it's probably the only thing they know to do with her.

I'd like to say, 'but lets wait and see cause maybe they'll do something different' but they put in that bit at the end. Which really, they could've at least /tried/ to appear like maybe things could be different and wait an episode or two before ruining some people's hopes. We'll see how this plays out. I'd like to hope we'll get some time to at least get use to her character and have her kinda settle in even though from the start we know she's a traitor, but truthfully I wouldn't be surprised if she betrays the team in like two or three episodes. Who knows though.

I will say, in a sense this season is much like S1 where it's mostly taking the time to focus on a core group of characters, which is good. But my issue still remains that we have a couple handful of effectively random characters out there that don't mean a thing other than being colorful costumes . Basically the entire Bat Family aside from Dick, any of the remaining YJ team under M'gann's command, it's just a shame. For me it just is like this...pall over the season. Still enjoyable in many ways, but it's always there. Especially when you have an entire episode basically all on Beast Boy.

Don't get me wrong, I like him and out of the characters from S2(okay technically he appeared in S1 but was really BB in S2) he got some development and all. But now he's just a former member gone off the Hollywood. It sorta felt out of place to me to give so much time to him here. Again, not dissing the green guy, but yeah.

In a way the show kind of outgrew itself in S2 and while S3 is sorta bringing it back to what it started out as, I feel at least, the damage has already been done. We had like one episode with Static, Blue Beetle, and the other young heroes who really aren't rookies exactly since there's been a couple years since S2 ended. But they don't really matter other than just being more colorful costumes to throw on screen now since the focus is all on the Outsiders.

In a perfect universe DC would be able to do three shows, or at least two; Young Justice, and YJ: Outsiders. Let YJ follow M'gann leading the remaining young heroes doing their thing. Let Outsiders follow Dick and his group helping these new outsiders through this plot. And you could do a third titled Batman Inc, following Bruce and the Bat Family. An animated universe. Characters could appear in any of the three, as long as each show was communicating on how those characters are being used so they don't conflict. Hell, it'd match with how they're operating in the show right now; separate teams that are still working together, even if not all the people involved realize it yet. But sadly, such a miracle can't happen. Hell you could even have a fourth, with a new JL that at least right now follows the originals like WW and Supes as they do their Good Deeds Tour around the universe.

Man, think how crazy that would be having four animated shows going on at the same time that all linked together even if not on a regular basis. The closest we got was back in the Bruce Timm days with Batman, Static, JL/Unlmited, and Superman. And even Batman Beyond.

Oh yeah, another thing to add. While I get it, cause at least initially when it happened Jefferson didn't have his powers and was really in an emotional lurch, I still feel like he could be mentoring Static. Just cause he's not part of the League doesn't mean he can't help him. Wouldn't be like, assumedly, before since he wouldn't be out in the field with him, but he's still Black Lightning even if not part of the 'totally not a subsidiary of the government' hero groups. Would be nice to see him at least try and be there for Virgil. Oh well.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2019, 07:33 AM #3991
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Alitain wrote: View Post

SNIP
Dare I say it? I think there's a lot of good potential for spinoffs to YJ and expanding the YJ universe with TV spinoffs to create a new animated universe like DCAU would be a good opportunity to fix the problem of too many characters in the show.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2019, 09:06 AM #3992
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Dare I say it? I think there's a lot of good potential for spinoffs to YJ and expanding the YJ universe with TV spinoffs to create a new animated universe like DCAU would be a good opportunity to fix the problem of too many characters in the show.
Exactly that. But whether DC could care enough to try, or be able to afford it and fill it with talent...that's a question. But they do definitely have quite a roster and one show isn't enough time to address it all. And hell, they have a whole gaggle of toddler and baby heroes too. Said it before, I bet they want to do another long time jump and toss in a handful of these future heroes just cause they can, to make it even more of a mess. With DC's streaming a collection of animated shared universe shows would be a good thing I think.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 28th, 2019, 09:29 AM #3993
> saintnova
Power Ranger

saintnova
Power Ranger

im not gonna lie i love all these episodes but itll be nice to see how kaldur is handling being the leader of the justice league and being aquaman
saintnova is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2019, 07:37 PM #3994
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

saintnova wrote: View Post

im not gonna lie i love all these episodes but itll be nice to see how kaldur is handling being the leader of the justice league and being aquaman
Well OG Aquaman is being King of Atlantis full-time, so I guess significantly less stressful.
Adara.2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2019, 12:49 AM #3995
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

I watch a few clips here and there. Is it me or did they really pretty up Artemis's design?
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2019, 06:09 AM #3996
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

This has to be a first. Greg Cipes' character's love interest not voiced by Ashley Johnson. I guess she was too busy with Blindspot.
Actually not the first time. On WITCH where he played Caleb, his love interest Cornelia was voiced by Christel Khalil.
Agent Z is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2019, 08:42 AM #3997
> PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

Do they just not wanna give any other VAs work or give Khary a break? LOL every time ya turn around he is voicing someone it seems.
PedroMcNamara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2019, 10:51 AM #3998
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Agent Z wrote: View Post

Actually not the first time. On WITCH where he played Caleb, his love interest Cornelia was voiced by Christel Khalil.
I never watched WITCH, but, history shows the majority of the time, his love interests are voiced by Ashley Johnson.

Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go. (Chiro/Jinmay)
Teen Titans (Beast Boy/Terra)
Ben 10 (Kevin/Gwen)
TMNT (Mikey/Renet)
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote