Home Menu

Menu

View Poll Results: How has your reaction tracked to Ghostbusters: Answer The Call?
Disliked trailers, saw the film and still disliked it 22 25.00%
Disliked trailers, saw the film and still disliked it
22 25.00%
Disliked trailers, saw the film and liked it 20 22.73%
Disliked trailers, saw the film and liked it
20 22.73%
Liked the trailers, saw the film and liked it 14 15.91%
Liked the trailers, saw the film and liked it
14 15.91%
Liked the trailers, saw the film and disliked it 0 0%
Liked the trailers, saw the film and disliked it
0 0%
Neutral on the trailers, saw the film and disliked it 4 4.55%
Neutral on the trailers, saw the film and disliked it
4 4.55%
Neutral on the trailers, saw the film and liked it 13 14.77%
Neutral on the trailers, saw the film and liked it
13 14.77%
Neutral on the trailers, saw the film and still neutral towards it 8 9.09%
Neutral on the trailers, saw the film and still neutral towards it
8 9.09%
Feminazi 7 7.95%
Feminazi
7 7.95%
Votes: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 5th, 2008, 10:20 AM #21
> Ceptor
ライズアップ

Ceptor
ライズアップ

DaiShiRio wrote: View Post

this sux we have to wait more now for the game because of interest in GB3, and the anniversary, personally i think they should do a GB3 the actors havnt had much success as of late i mean dan i last saw in a white coats hospital comedy, bill in that submarine movie and egon's actor heck cant remember what he was in the only one to actually get any roles was winston's actor.

and watchin Dan on a vid on that site more or less says he'd love to do another one. so there is hope after all
Well, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

1) Bill Murray's acting career as gone crazy. He's been nominated for an academy award and been in many critically acclaimed films.
2) Harold Ramis prefers writing and directing to acting. He's helped write, direct, and produce a significant number of successful films.
3) Dan Aykroyd has been in a huge number of movies and similarly also enjoy writing and producing.
4) Ernie Hudson has had a successful movie, however probably even more successful tv, acting career.

But as I mentioned earlier, controlling interest lies with Bill, Harold, Dan, and Ivan. All of them with the power to veto a sequel. Bill last I heard had no intention of selling his rights and also does not want a sequel produced. The video game may have changed his mind, but having been following these rumors pretty much since the internet took off, I wouldn't really expect much of anything to come out of it.
Ceptor is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2008, 10:39 AM #22
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

I guess like Indy 4, they figure if they can't recapture the magic, they can at least cash in on your nostalgia.

I doubt they can get prima donna Murray back.Unless they go with what he said about making peter a ghost. It will be interesting to see what the writers of "The office" can do.
Gold Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2008, 11:05 AM #23
> SonikBoom612
I do machines apparently.

SonikBoom612

Don't know if the link has been posted but for those wanting confirmation:

http://tv.yahoo.com/the-office/show/...d10cca7e__ER:1

For me, if it's up on Yahoo! then it's good enough for me.
SonikBoom612 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2008, 12:20 PM #24
> rangerspider
Power Ranger

rangerspider
Power Ranger

Yea really we dont have any solid confirmation with gb3 untill cameras are rolling and all that. I do hope it happens and they get all the originals to return. Heck if murray is still an issue then just make his role be a cameo and appear in like 2-3 scenes for a few mins here and there.
rangerspider is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2008, 05:55 PM #25
> ZeoRed
Ghostbuster at heart

ZeoRed
Ghostbuster at heart

Ramis and Akroyd having problems working together? Thats news to me. I'm heavily involved the the ghostbusters community and I cant recall that ever coming out. Now Ramis and Murrey on the other hand haven't spoken since ground hog day in which murrey said he would work with ramis again.

My group is all pretty involved with terminal reality whenever they need focus testers for the game they call us in though we arnt the only people they use. Its been fun getting to play the game as it develops though by NDS im not allowed to disclose anything other than what I have said. We should have photos from the day they brought the original ecto-1 out to there headquarters on our website. www.thedallasghostbusters.com
ZeoRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2008, 06:05 PM #26
> rangerspider
Power Ranger

rangerspider
Power Ranger

cool, and i do really hope this gb 3 news enda up with us getting movie finally.
Old September 6th, 2008, 12:38 PM #27
> ZeoRed
Ghostbuster at heart

ZeoRed
Ghostbuster at heart

Yeah but honestly I'm ok with getting just the video game. I mean Ive wanted a third movie ever since I was 5 years old and leaving the theater after getting to see ghostbusters 2 in july of 89. (first movie I ever saw in a movie theater) But Id really rather dan and harold write the script.
Old September 6th, 2008, 03:14 PM #28
> rangerspider
Power Ranger

rangerspider
Power Ranger

Yea maybe if its actually happening the office guys will talk with dan/harold and all that to get insights from them. I am crossing my fingers for this to happen. I cant wait and i hope we get a good story, the 4 sign on for the film, and if there is a new crew coming in too we get decent actors and i really really hope they include dana's son and have him be a busting to following in the steps of verkman(spelling?).

I found a link to another article talking about the confirmation for Ghostbusters 3:
http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....-ramis-co.html
Originally posted: September 5, 2008

Harold Ramis confirms 'Ghostbusters III'
I just received this e-mail from Harold Ramis confirming the forward progress on a third "Ghostbusters" movie (as mentioned earlier here), with Judd Apatow, some of his regular actors and perhaps Bill Murray involved:

"yes, columbia is developing a script for GB3 with my year one writing partners, gene stupnitsky and lee eisenberg. judd apatow is co-producing year one and has made several other films for sony, so of course the studio is hoping to tap into some of the same acting talent. aykroyd, ivan reitman and i are consulting at this point, and according to dan, bill murray is willing to be involved on some level. he did record his dialogue for the new ghostbusters video game, as did danny and i, and ernie hudson. the concept is that the old ghostbusters would appear in the film in some mentor capacity. not much else to say at this point. everyone is confident a decent script can be written and i guess we'll take it from there.
best,
harold

OK, so we're picturing Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson showing the ghost-busting ropes to Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, James Franco and Michael Cera. (Ramis already memorably and warmly played Rogen's dad in "Knocked Up.") Maybe Jason Segel or Craig Robinson fit in there somewhere.

Is this a "Ghostbusters" you'd want to call?
Old September 7th, 2008, 01:16 AM #29
> ZeoRed
Ghostbuster at heart

ZeoRed
Ghostbuster at heart

This has my spidey sense tingling. Especialy if Billy is willing to have some involvment. Hmm....the mind boggles........
Old September 7th, 2008, 01:38 AM #30
> Lothos
Co-Host of RCPH Podcast

Lothos
Co-Host of RCPH Podcast

I'm gonna be ok with with this, as long as Paul Rudd is cast as the Venkman equivalent, and Jonah Hill stays the hell away from a proton pack. New Louis? Sure, I could see that.
Lothos is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 05:28 AM #31
> Sunfire Ranger
is happy Saban is back!

Sunfire Ranger
is happy Saban is back!

jay_tigran wrote: View Post

I've been listening to GB3 rumors for 11+ years now...

I just take 'em all with a major grain of salt...

Me too. So, the studio wants a new live-action movie with all of the original GB there? Last I heard, Bill Murray would only do a third movie if it was CGI, he's done with live-action GB.
Sunfire Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 08:40 AM #32
> laterdayz13
classic

laterdayz13
classic

You know...I can really see Paul Rudd as a nice addition to the team. God, everyone remember when Dan Aykroyd was pushing for Will Smith and Chris Farley to be new Ghostbusters? Time flies.
laterdayz13 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 09:30 AM #33
> rangerspider
Power Ranger

rangerspider
Power Ranger

Well we dont really know at the present time how murray feels about doing another live action gb film. Yes in the past he was always against it for what ever his reasons were but maybe after doing the game with all the guys maybe he changed his mind or like i said before maybe he is willing to have just a small cameo role like appear in just a few scenes. I really hope this ends up rolling on camera and we get another live action film. I cant wait to hear what the story is about, if all 4 of the originals will return and what their roles will be and who will be new crew if we are getting a new crew. Hey off hand does any one know if the real life location of the firehouse which i believe is in la still exists?
Old September 7th, 2008, 10:35 AM #34
> ZeoRed
Ghostbuster at heart

ZeoRed
Ghostbuster at heart

Yes both fire houses are still standing to this day. You see the interior of the gb fire house was shot in a out of commision fire hall in LA whilet he out side of the fire house was shot on location in New York some where in so ho or however its spelled. Back in 06 I got to go to new york. The seriously messed up thing is no one knew the address. I had the exact address i got from a gb tours website and no one knew where it was.

So my friend and I took the subway down to the world trade center site and when we got to the surface We went into the nearist post office and asked. Again nothing. So we came out of the building and I turnd to the right and said. Its down there some where. My friend said "how do you know you've never been here" I said I just know thats where it is. So two hours later we're walking and I turn to him and say "if its not on the next street then Im done we can call it a day" (side note) we were in gb jump suits so we did draw some attention) So we're walking down the street about 5 minutes after I made the comment about givving up and this group of people who ended up being on a lunch break saw us and started signing the song and one of them said "hey have you guys been to the fire house yet" I said no we cant find it. He says "its right around the corner man" And sure enough there it was. It was like grace land to me.
There was the building, the home of my favorite childhood hero's standing right infront of me it was freaking sweet. I've got some pics of it if I find them I'll post them. By the way the new york fire house is still a working fire house its called hook & ladder 8. The firemen wernt there when we were but you could look in the window and on the wall the have part of the sign from gb 2 hanging up. Its really kool.
Old September 7th, 2008, 01:03 PM #35
> rangerspider
Power Ranger

rangerspider
Power Ranger

Cool cool thanks for answering my question, i was hoping it still around cause i would hate if it wasnt and they dont use the locales for gb3 if it does actually start filming. So yea post the pics if you can locate them.
Old September 7th, 2008, 03:51 PM #36
> PhantomRanger
Click to Enter

PhantomRanger
Click to Enter

Interesting.
PhantomRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 10:46 PM #37
> SonikBoom612

SonikBoom612

Just a little side info to anyone that likes some trivia...the interior of the Ghostbusters firehouse is also the interior of the Mechanics building from The Mask.
SonikBoom612 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 11:52 PM #38
> rangerspider
Power Ranger

rangerspider
Power Ranger

So i was just thinking if ivan doesnt direct this and if that judd apatrow guy who name been throw around lately isnt doing it, how about harold ramis to direct the film?
Old March 27th, 2009, 07:21 PM #39
> Knight Rider
Banned

Knight Rider
Banned

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/...stbusters3.php

about fucking time
Knight Rider is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 08:17 PM #40
> rangerspider
Power Ranger

rangerspider
Power Ranger

Thanks for the link, and nothing really too new in the newest news article. Its been the running ideal for months it was going to be about the old crew training a younger crew. Though i cant wait.