Home Menu

Menu

Old August 30th, 2018, 04:53 PM #21
> mbozzo
Power Ranger

mbozzo
Power Ranger

If Hasbro want to do a Power Rangers movie that isn't a sequel to the 2017 movie, they should do another team, maybe a Sentai team that doesn't have a Power Rangers counterpart.
mbozzo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:56 PM #22
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

GreenMystechRanger wrote: View Post

...Huh. I never thought about that, but that's a good point.

Being completely fair, the fact that her former friends continued to go out of their way to act bitchy towards her (and I'm not saying she didn't deserve it) would kind of make that easier.
I mean even if someone's a bitch to you that's still no excuse to share a sexual photo of them.
maslego is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:58 PM #23
> OhStarryNight
Power Ranger

OhStarryNight
Power Ranger

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

Masked Rider's The Grandma Factor is peak Saban Ent.

Forget the grandma episode, Beetleborgs found the sauce with Nano. Sassy black woman + grandma charm, it can't be beat.
We need an old lady mentor for PR. Just an awesome old lady who keeps the rangers firmly in line, but also gives them snacks and terrible but well meaning advice about life.

maslego wrote: View Post

I mean even if someone's a bitch to you that's still no excuse to share a sexual photo of them.
This so much. Maybe the friends took it too far on their part, but Kim had no moral high ground here.

And I'm sorry, but in the internet age, where leaking risqué photos and cyber bullying are hot button issues, you would do best to avoid giving this plot to someone who's supposed to be one of your heroes.
OhStarryNight is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 30th, 2018, 05:00 PM #24
> GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

I agree with that. It's wrong all around. But it would make you feel less bad about it if they were continually talking to you just to be bitchy than if they were just ignoring you or something.
GreenMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 05:08 PM #25
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

OhStarryNight wrote: View Post

This so much. Maybe the friends took it too far on their part, but Kim had no moral high ground here.

And I'm sorry, but in the internet age, where leaking risqué photos and cyber bullying are hot button issues, you would do best to avoid giving this plot to someone who's supposed to be one of your heroes.
BINGO! Right there! You do NOT have one of your super heroes leak sexy pics of a possibly underaged teenager!
maslego is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 05:12 PM #26
> Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

BINGO! Right there! You do NOT have one of your super heroes leak sexy pics of a possibly underaged teenager!
Too bad their mentor was so mean-spirited.

PR2017 feels desperate to remind audiences "these Rangers aren't goody-goodies!"
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 30th, 2018, 05:31 PM #27
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

Sassy black woman + grandma charm, it can't be beat.
"Love conquers all, baby.

Love conquers all."
hasbro_primo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 05:53 PM #28
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

If I remember correctly they were only bitchy because of what she did to them. It was really stupid. 2017!Kim was 110 percent the one in the wrong it wasn’t even a litte morally grey
PineapplePizza is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 06:03 PM #29
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Dude, people make mistakes and screw up all time, that doesn't make them a bad person that's the whole point. Do you really believe making a mistake or doing a bad deed means that you can't be anything but a bad person forever and ever?

There's a difference between being imperfect and borderline criminal behavior, if her friend was under 18 what Kim did was a felony.
And teens pass around such photos all the time, if you weren't aware. It's a stupid thing to do but they do it. No different than adults doing the same thing; stupid, but it happens. You act like Amanda's age matters in the situation, but it doesn't. Her and Kim and both just teens and Kim made a stupid decision. It's not like Kim was an adult who somehow got the photo of an underage teen and sent it to someone, then yes in that situation Amanda's age would matter. But it has no bearing on the event in the movie.

Last edited by Alitain; August 30th, 2018 at 06:03 PM.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 06:03 PM #30
> GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

Alitain wrote: View Post

Do you really believe making a mistake or doing a bad deed means that you can't be anything but a bad person forever and ever?
Must... resist... several references to twitter...

Honestly, the story would've came off a lot better if what she did was less... well, completely awful. It's hard to feel sorry for someone who does something like that, which I think the movie wanted us to do.
Old August 30th, 2018, 06:04 PM #31
> OhStarryNight
Power Ranger

OhStarryNight
Power Ranger

Dude, people make mistakes and screw up all time, that doesn't make them a bad person that's the whole point. Do you really believe making a mistake or doing a bad deed means that you can't be anything but a bad person forever and ever?
If she were apologetic, that would be one thing. But while she plays the victim card, she still shows Jason the pic after the fact, and then later mocks the girls when their lives are in danger. People screw up and make bad decisions. I can sympathize with that. What I can't sympathize with is someone who refuses to learn from their screw ups.
OhStarryNight is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 06:16 PM #32
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Kim was not worthy of the power in ANY universe. She betrayed a friend's trust in the most cruel manner, by showing Jason the photo she proved she learned nothing (also the fact she still had the picture even after destroying her phone earlier means she kept it intentionally) She acted like she was the victim even as she described her friend's father seeing the picture of his daughter. To make matters worse during the zord fight when she sees her former friends cowering for their lives her only remark is "Yeah that's what you get"

The 2017 Kim would be the villain in any series of the show. The girl she betrayed deserves the power more than she does.
You miss the whole point. She doesn't act like the victim at all, she acts like someone who damn well knows she screwed up and hates herself for it. Acting like the victim would've been if she insisted that someone forced her to do it, or that she some how has obligated to share it even though she didn't want to. Which she didn't, and least not by the time we meet her in the movie. She does tell Jason she blamed others, but even then she realized the truth about herself for it.

The point was Kim was a person who before we meet her, was yes apparently on the path to being a snotty bitch. But her sending that photo and seeing the damage it really did, jarred her out of it and got her to really look at herself. And she hated herself for realizing the kind of person she was becoming. She wanted to change, to be better and by that point she gets roped in with the rangers and through coming together with them she sees that the mistake doesn't define who she is, and that she is a good person after all and someone worth caring about.

You act like it's all black & white but you miss what's going on underneath and that makes the difference here. She didn't just send the pic and then continue to not care about the hurt she causes. She learns, grows, and becomes better because of it and we see throughout the movie she isn't a bad person at all, just one who made a mistake. Being a ranger doesn't mean you have to be totally squeaky clean.

As for the car scene, the arm fell on the car and Amanda was a downright bitch. Regardless of Kim sending the pic to Tyler(Think that's the guy's name), Amanda just becomes a bully because of it. It was harmless(except for the car). Kim demonstrates she's a caring person in the movie, so if the arm had actually fallen on any of the kids, she wouldn't have been making the comment. But since all it did was damage the car, whatever. It's not the best reaction in the world, but it also isn't some sign of ultimate evil or anything.

Hell, back in elementary school there was a bully in my class and one time he tripped and fell(think he bumped a desk or something, whatever). And yeah, you know what I laughed and served him right. Didn't make me a bad person now or then. And in the end, it was harmless. If he had done some serious damage, yeah wouldn't have laughed but that wasn't the case.
Old August 30th, 2018, 06:16 PM #33
> TyrannoDrakkon
Banned

TyrannoDrakkon
Banned

mbozzo wrote: View Post

If Hasbro want to do a Power Rangers movie that isn't a sequel to the 2017 movie, they should do another team, maybe a Sentai team that doesn't have a Power Rangers counterpart.
It'll be a MMPR reboot. It's hardly debatable when it comes to the masses.
TyrannoDrakkon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 06:18 PM #34
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Must... resist... several references to twitter...

Honestly, the story would've came off a lot better if what she did was less... well, completely awful. It's hard to feel sorry for someone who does something like that, which I think the movie wanted us to do.
Don't see where you're getting the completely awful. She did a bad thing, yes. But she clearly demonstrates through the movie she isn't a bad person. You're not suppose to feel sorry because she did something bad. The point is showing a character who did a bad thing, and from it wants to and tries to better herself. She struggles with it, and with her own self image, but in the end comes out for the better not only in being a hero but also seeing her self worth.
Old August 30th, 2018, 06:23 PM #35
> GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

Don't see where you're getting the completely awful.
What she did was completely awful. It's one of those things where there's really no justifying it. There was no good reason she should have sent that picture like that.
Old August 30th, 2018, 06:25 PM #36
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

If she were apologetic, that would be one thing. But while she plays the victim card, she still shows Jason the pic after the fact, and then later mocks the girls when their lives are in danger. People screw up and make bad decisions. I can sympathize with that. What I can't sympathize with is someone who refuses to learn from their screw ups.
It's not a big deal that she showed Jason the pic, the point was showing the kind of pic she sent cause yeah she screwed up and it was a bad thing to do. She wasn't flashing it to Jason gloating about how funny it was. Or trying to show him it while saying something like, "Here, see it? Come on, look see it? See it?"

As for the car scene, as I mentioned above it was harmless and really, no one is perfect. The damage was to the car, that's what she was commenting on that her car got smashed not that they were in danger, there is a difference. And Kim does learn, she's clearly not that person at all in the movie that she describes herself as before it takes place.

What she did was completely awful. It's one of those things where there's really no justifying it.
And I'm not justifying her sending the pic, yes that deed is in fact awful. But her herself, is not a completely awful person and clearly demonstrates that in the movie. You make it sound like just cause she did that bad thing she can't be remorseful or anything and must just be bad then for all time, which doesn't make sense to me at all.
Old August 30th, 2018, 06:45 PM #37
> GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

And I'm not justifying her sending the pic, yes that deed is in fact awful. But her herself, is not a completely awful person and clearly demonstrates that in the movie. You make it sound like just cause she did that bad thing she can't be remorseful or anything and must just be bad then for all time, which doesn't make sense to me at all.
That's not what I said, though. I specifically said it would've came off better if what she did wasn't completely awful.
Old August 30th, 2018, 06:52 PM #38
> Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

We need an old lady mentor for PR. Just an awesome old lady who keeps the rangers firmly in line, but also gives them snacks and terrible but well meaning advice about life.
Life advice like

Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 08:18 PM #39
> CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

PR2017 feels desperate to remind audiences "these Rangers aren't goody-goodies!"
I am now disappointed that wasn`t the tagline on the movie poster
CheckeredRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 08:25 PM #40
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

Her and Kim and both just teens and Kim made a stupid decision. It's not like Kim was an adult who somehow got the photo of an underage teen and sent it to someone, then yes in that situation Amanda's age would matter.
It's illegal either way. Teenagers just aren't prosecuted generally because the district attorneys know a jury won't want to convict a kid.

You can't even legally take a naked picture of YOURSELF if you're a minor.
hasbro_primo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote