Home Menu

Menu

Old November 27th, 2017, 09:33 PM #81
> OrionPower2001
Charmed One

OrionPower2001
Charmed One

Brown Ranger wrote: View Post

Well, that was boring too. Hoping tomorrow's episodes will be better.
I completely disagree. I thoroughly enjoyed the first half of this crossover. (Using Spoiler tags since it's airing on the West Coast right now)

I thought the bit in the beginning with all the heroes being the ones that didn't RSVP was cute. Although I do question why we only got certain members of the Legends to attend the wedding (Budget??). Plus, it would have been nice to have an explanation for why Oliver didn't bring his son to the wedding.

Speaking of kids.....That caterer that tried to give Barry a drink at the church? I would not be shocked if she turns out to be a future Allen descendant. She was just TOO excited to be there.

I totally called Sara/Alex the second the two started tossing back the alcohol. Loved every moment between them.

The fight at the church was FANTASTIC!! Everything was well choreographed, and each character seemed to get a bit of the spotlight (even WALLY!, who has pretty much been ignored since Barry came out of the Speed Force). Kudos for the writers addressing the fact that our heroes starting using their powers in front of unsuspecting wedding guests by having the Legends mind-wipe them.

Stein/Jax.....I'm going to hold off until seeing the rest of the story, but I have a feeling this will not end well. (Yes, I know Victor Garber is leaving Legends, but I have not read any spoilers as to how this happens)

Didn't see Prometheus being Tommy Merlyn coming. Nor did I see the Earth X versions of Kara and Oliver being married coming. Definitely curious to see where that last one goes.

All in All, I thought it was a great start and I am definitely looking forward to seeing where things go from here.
OrionPower2001 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2017, 10:10 PM #82
> Brown Ranger
Power Ranger

Brown Ranger
Power Ranger

OrionPower2001 wrote: View Post

I completely disagree. I thoroughly enjoyed the first half of this crossover. (Using Spoiler tags since it's airing on the West Coast right now)

I thought the bit in the beginning with all the heroes being the ones that didn't RSVP was cute. Although I do question why we only got certain members of the Legends to attend the wedding (Budget??). Plus, it would have been nice to have an explanation for why Oliver didn't bring his son to the wedding.

Speaking of kids.....That caterer that tried to give Barry a drink at the church? I would not be shocked if she turns out to be a future Allen descendant. She was just TOO excited to be there.

I totally called Sara/Alex the second the two started tossing back the alcohol. Loved every moment between them.

The fight at the church was FANTASTIC!! Everything was well choreographed, and each character seemed to get a bit of the spotlight (even WALLY!, who has pretty much been ignored since Barry came out of the Speed Force). Kudos for the writers addressing the fact that our heroes starting using their powers in front of unsuspecting wedding guests by having the Legends mind-wipe them.

Stein/Jax.....I'm going to hold off until seeing the rest of the story, but I have a feeling this will not end well. (Yes, I know Victor Garber is leaving Legends, but I have not read any spoilers as to how this happens)

Didn't see Prometheus being Tommy Merlyn coming. Nor did I see the Earth X versions of Kara and Oliver being married coming. Definitely curious to see where that last one goes.

All in All, I thought it was a great start and I am definitely looking forward to seeing where things go from here.
Well except for the "Just a quick reminder, super speed - I don't have it." by Oliver.
Brown Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2017, 10:24 PM #83
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

The Arrow half REALLY annoyed me. Nothing but
romance. It definitely felt like an episode of Arrow except they made Oliver into Felicity and Felicity into Oliver

My jaw dropped when Tommy was revealed as Prometheus. I did not see that coming at all

The fights were cool. The first half was definitely better than the 2nd half. I am a little bothered by all the uninvited characters
TyrannoRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2017, 10:45 PM #84
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

I liked Green Arrows line " I don't have super speed" when he's puttering in on his motorcycle
That was great. But then later when they're rushing off for the big battle he's all grapple arrowing from Star Labs. Like...someone pick his ass up(along with Sara and Alex).

Well Haywood only has a passing acquaintance, mainly with helping Wally & Cisco while Barry was gone. Ray probably would've been the most likely to be there, but still in a sense he's more on with Oliver & Felicity. Zari and Amaya don't really have much if any connection. So they bring the "Flash" Legend characters, and Sara cause she's the 'star'/leader. And budget, and spacing things out. Now with the main guys grabbed the rest will have to come together and get stuff done, culminated in a grand battle tomorrow no doubt. And we know they're all involved anyways.

Actually no William makes sense. Parents don't always bring kids to weddings, sometimes they're not even allowed.

I was hoping for Sara and Alex from the first announcement, and wasn't disappointed. Though I'm not a shipper, but damn if I'm not hooked on shipping those two for some reason. I hope they have a chance to talk and Alex resolve her awkwardness even if it just ends with an amicable parting.

I also liked seeing the various characters interacting across the cast with ones they normally don't, and how it's used to address the various issues floating around. It works out nicely, and is fun to watch. Much like during Defenders watching them intersecting.

Damn I didn't expect Tommy. But I laughed my ass off cause last season I mentioned how I thought it'd be neat to have Tommy be Prometheus and all and sure enough, he is! Just on an alt-Earth. That was fun.

And lets not forget one of the funniest bits, the very beginning. We finally get to see James suit up as Guardian again...only for it to be an alt-James and he dies. Just cracked me up.

Oh and once again they poke fun at the fact that Arrow is totally Batman. When Kara asks why he has a kryptonite arrow Oliver's response, 'In case of an evil you showing up' or however it went, damn. Though I wonder about how he came across the kryptonite...

The fights were so much fun, well done all around. All the characters had time to shine. Rory continues to steal scenes, like at the wedding commenting on trying to kill the groom so he goes to the bride's side. And I loved how when Caitlin went Frost Rory was totally digging it; like having the ol' Fire & Ice team back together, and of course he's trying to hit on Frost...yeesh Rory.

And Stein making D grade spider powers, and lets chalk up another Marvel drop to the list this season. But I like how things are going with Jax and Stein, it's been nice even if it means we'll lose him it's been good. I still imagine Jax will just get to be Firestorm on his own but I wouldn't mind if he didn't, even without powers or somehow gaining new powers. If they could figure out a way to make him into another DC hero that wouldn't be bad either.

Brown Ranger wrote: View Post

Well, that was boring too. Hoping tomorrow's episodes will be better.
Why did you think it was boring? Were you just hoping it would be constant action or something? Cause I mean, there was still plenty of action.

Last edited by Alitain; November 27th, 2017 at 10:41 PM.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2017, 11:13 PM #85
> OrionPower2001
Charmed One

OrionPower2001
Charmed One

Alitain wrote: View Post

Actually no William makes sense. Parents don't always bring kids to weddings, sometimes they're not even allowed.
I get that kids aren't always brought to weddings. And I can totally understand why William wasn't in attendance. (Storywise, it would mean having to address the fact that Oliver has broken his promise to William by suiting up again, Which is something I would expect that they are holding back until later in the season to deal with). It just stuck out to me that the kid's absence wasn't even mentioned, given how Oliver has been all about his relationship with his son this season. It's really just a minor nitpick
Old November 27th, 2017, 11:20 PM #86
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

I get that kids aren't always brought to weddings. And I can totally understand why William wasn't in attendance. (Storywise, it would mean having to address the fact that Oliver has broken his promise to William by suiting up again, Which is something I would expect that they are holding back until later in the season to deal with). It just stuck out to me that the kid's absence wasn't even mentioned, given how Oliver has been all about his relationship with his son this season. It's really just a minor nitpick
There's also the fact that even though Will knows who Oliver is, he doesn't know anyone else. And if Oliver was there as a dad he couldn't just relax with the other heroes, would instead have to keep up appearances and everyone else would have to keep things hush hush whenever Will was around. I don't think it's really a big deal, even with Oliver being about family, to not have him around but that's just me. Though it would be funny to have Oliver introduce him to Barry, or better yet have Flash show up and comment on how he hoped he liked the backpack.

Oh yeah
Anyone think we'll see an Earth X Barry? I mean sure, we had Evil Barry last season so maybe that's why they went with Eobard as the evil Flash, but I do wonder if there's a Barry. The preview showed Lance as a Nazi general or something so maybe Barry will show up like that.

Last edited by Alitain; November 27th, 2017 at 11:25 PM.
Old November 28th, 2017, 01:21 AM #87
> PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

So much to geek over.
So much.
Sara and Alex was expected but comic gold with Alex reactions to the one night stand aftermath while Sara is a pro at it.
The super speed line
Just seeing all the heroes together in general.
Tommy fn Merlyn. I thought about it but didnt see any report of Colin on set like at all so i didnt think it would be him.
Much as it pains me to say I was actually fine with the Olicity ish going on and her reluctance to try and get hitched. But ideally it wont be a thing to drag out all season.
I wonder if David Ramsey is bummed he didnt make the crossover.

I am a sucker for crossovers...Law & Order, Law & Order and Homicide back in the day, the Chicago shows, CSI, Power Rangers of course, etc. I just love em.

I wonder when the Ray comes in
PedroMcNamara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2017, 01:57 AM #88
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

Is it bad if the biggest pop I got was from
Black Canary and company showing up at S.T.A.R. Labs?

I love how
the writers have gone with the Legends approach and the characters are taking everything so incredibly lightly, allows for way better dialogue.

And the city names in logo font were AWESOME.

But I don't get how these episodes are divied up. They don't seem focused on any particular franchise, so how do they fit into the DVD-ness of it all? Obviously there are really important developments for Stein and Jax, Barry and Iris, Oliver and Felicity, and Alex already.
hasbro_primo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2017, 02:30 AM #89
> Jerry
Hates "Let's Play"

Jerry
Hates "Let's Play"

Just saw an unconfirmed rumor (aka pure speculation) that
the slightly odd caterer talking to Barry in the Supergirl episode is his daughter from the future who came back to watch the wedding.
I honestly and truly hope this is the case, because that would be some great set up.
Jerry is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2017, 03:06 AM #90
> CaptainCanoe
Pssssst. behind you!

CaptainCanoe
Pssssst. behind you!

So pretty cool first 2 episode some interesting moments like

Earth-X Prometheus being
Tommy!

Also
Sara and Alex hooking up!

Earth-X Supergirl and Arrow
Are married!

Also that server who was a little too excited to be at the wedding and seemed to know Barry very well my guess
I think that might be a future daughter of Barry and Iris maybe Dawn West or even their granddaughter X-S

Last edited by CaptainCanoe; November 28th, 2017 at 03:28 AM.
CaptainCanoe is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2017, 04:43 AM #91
> Crazy Davey
I'm Batman

Crazy Davey
I'm Batman

Really enjoyed these first 2 episodes... Some of the highlights for me

Sara and Alex having an awkward romance

Earth X Oliver and Kara being married and Kara's reaction when finding out.

Love that the Eobard Thawn we got is the one from the end of The Flash... But isn't that the same Thawn we saw in Legends? I love that Tom Cavanagh is plying the role again, but it did make me wonder if they tried to get Matt Letscher, since I think he's also really great as the character.

Tommy Merlyn is Earth X Prometheus! I would've been more surprised if Colin Donnell wasn't tweeting about the episodes on Twitter... I kinda started putting 2 and 2 together right before the reveal.

And Mick saying he should sit on the brides side because he's tried killing the groom a couple of times and then later sitting beside Capt. Singh at the wedding and Singh asking "Do I know you?"... I was LMFAO.
Crazy Davey is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2017, 04:45 AM #92
> OrionPower2001
Charmed One

OrionPower2001
Charmed One

Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

But I don't get how these episodes are divied up. They don't seem focused on any particular franchise, so how do they fit into the DVD-ness of it all? Obviously there are really important developments for Stein and Jax, Barry and Iris, Oliver and Felicity, and Alex already.
When it comes time to put these on DVD/Blu-Ray, I wouldn't be shocked if each series had the entire crossover as a part of their respective box sets (similar to how the crossover that introduced Vandal Savage, Hawkman and Hawkgirl was handled). Given how all four series have been rebranded as "Crisis on Earth-X" for purposes of the crossover, it only makes sense to keep the eps together for home video release.
Old November 28th, 2017, 05:34 AM #93
> Mythical Master
A Powerful Ranger Villian

Mythical Master
A Powerful Ranger Villian

One thing I was hoping for was that each hour wasn't focused entirely on that show's storylines. That they would be self-contained enough that the entire 4-part crossover event could be released separately on DVD/Blu-Ray and last night that is exactly what I believe we got. It had storylines from all four shows spread out across both hours and I wouldn't have known I was watching "Supergirl" then "Arrow" if that was not how they were listed in the guide on my TV. They could have aired "Flash" first and it wouldn't have made a difference and I like this.

Tonight I think we might get a "Previous on" segment but it won't show any segments that weren't from last night. So I basically agree with everything that was said in a post above mine.
Mythical Master is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2017, 05:47 AM #94
> Mr Tuesday II
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal!

Mr Tuesday II
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal!

Isn't Felicity Jewish in the shows' canon? So, seeing a world ruled by Nazis would be devastating.

If Ragman was still around, that would be interesting. He's also Jewish. Having a Jewish superhero fighting Nazis would be pretty cool.
Mr Tuesday II is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2017, 05:48 AM #95
> GreenDTRanger
Bronze Age > New 52

GreenDTRanger
Bronze Age > New 52

Greensy Thunders wrote: View Post

Imagine a crossover where all the worlds actually got smashed into one? We got everyone on the same Earth for one season each afterwards?

Imagine the ramifications!
It would be 1985 all over again, and I'm not ready for Barry and Kara to die just yet.

Alitain wrote: View Post

I'm glad to see Alex with the group, more inclusion of Supergirl's crew with the others will be nice. I still want to see Winn, Cisco, and Felicity together and hopefully a joke about similarities with superheroes and tech savy people.
This. SO much this. I am still annoyed that Winn and Cisco haven't met and become instant best friends.

Alternate Earth counterparts is fine but...
Why won't you stay dead Eobard/Wells!? Seriously, WTF!? It's past being annoying.
GreenDTRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2017, 07:22 AM #96
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

They same way they do every year Pinky; individually. This crossover was actually much better done because they're not really focusing on one particular group per episode but instead just telling a cohesive story featuring all these guys. But I wouldn't be surprised if as the last two years, there's just the individual episodes on each series dvd set. I admit though, I really wish they'd just put out the entire crossover on each series set as like a bonus feature, especially this one. But they hope you'll at least feel obligated to buy each series to get the crossover so likely not but I would love to be surprised.

If anything I suggest getting them during Black Friday. Every year so far all the WB show sets are on sale for $10, hell S1 of Arrow has been around 6 or 7, so you can get the four shows for around the price of one at that point even if you're doing it just for the crossover.

Jerry wrote: View Post

the slightly odd caterer talking to Barry in the Supergirl episode is his daughter from the future who came back to watch the wedding.
I honestly and truly hope this is the case, because that would be some great set up.
Yeah, someone else mentioned that here.
Honestly it's the only way that weird exchange could make sense in my mind, but I'm not sure how I feel about happening. They can't handle multiple speedsters, they even admitted it, so hopefully she's not a speedster and just came back in time, or is just something fun they threw in but wont necessarily dive into any time soon. Though if she is a hero and came back from the future, it'd be funny if she was a member of the Legion, but E1's future version which would be different from the one Kara has now with Mon-El. Cause then Barry and Kara would eventually chat about it and that'd be funny.

GreenDTRanger wrote: View Post

It would be 1985 all over again, and I'm not ready for Barry and Kara to die just yet.

This. SO much this. I am still annoyed that Winn and Cisco haven't met and become instant best friends.

Alternate Earth counterparts is fine but...
Why won't you stay dead Eobard/Wells!? Seriously, WTF!? It's past being annoying.
My friend and I discussed this last night. Well the repeated discussion of how there definitely needs to be more individual crossing over like how Felicity appears on Flash sometimes, but involving Supergirl and Legends. Anyway! We had fun talking about Cisco hopping over to Supergirl's Earth and seeing the DEO and all. Cisco would totally geek out but then also start improving things, and he'd take one look at James' Guardian outfit and make suggestions on how to improve it. Likely learn J'onn's code name as Martian Manhunter and wonder why the 'Manhunter' part, likely come up with other names. And in general he'd annoy Winn and they'd get competitive but in the end become good friends/rivals.

Unless I missed something I'm under the impression that's Earth-X Thawne. Though there was that bit when he was talking to Barry about how he put the Wells face on again cause he knew it'd make Barry upset.

Oh, and I imagine it wasn't that they couldn't get the Thawne actor back, but because they wanted/needed to keep the cast 'small'. With everyone involved, extraneous cast had to be kept to a minimum so it's easier to just have Cavanaugh play the role again instead of paying for another actor.

I'd really like next years' crossover to take place on Kara's Earth though. She could have some big time threats, even if they bleed into E-1, but it'd be nice to fill out her Earth more.

Oh, and the opening shot of the Legends in Sherwood forest had me thinking. I really want an episode where they're encountering Robin Hood, and either comment on how they're use to guys in green with a bow. Or even better, get Stephen to play Robin of Locksley with maybe a little different facial hair or something, less brooding, and someone(likely Sara) make a comment like 'Oh that explains everything...'. That would be awesome.

Last edited by Alitain; November 28th, 2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old November 28th, 2017, 07:24 AM #97
> AbareHunter
NACHO!

AbareHunter
NACHO!

Love that the Eobard Thawn we got is the one from the end of The Flash... But isn't that the same Thawn we saw in Legends?

This version of Eobard appears to be from some time after the events of Flash Season 1, considering that he explicitly mentions he's from Earth-1, speaks to Barry in past tense and mentions wearing Wells' face "for old time's sake". Although, given that they've already presented at least one major inconsistency with Eobard's internal timeline (the "Legends" version - 15 years younger and pulled from night of Nora Allen's murder - mentioning to Ray that he misses working alongside Caitlin and Cisco), this Eobard openly playing the "Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey" card, and even Savitar's words to Barry back in Flash S3, the writers clearly stopped caring about the mechanics of time-travel.

Last edited by AbareHunter; November 28th, 2017 at 08:06 AM.
AbareHunter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2017, 08:10 AM #98
> PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

AbareHunter wrote: View Post

This version of Eobard appears to be from some time after the events of Flash Season 1, considering that he explicitly mentions he's from Earth-1, speaks to Barry in past tense and mentions wearing Wells' face "for old time's sake". Although, given that they've already presented at least one major inconsistency with Eobard's internal timeline (the "Legends" version - 15 years younger and pulled from night of Nora Allen's murder - mentioning to Ray that he misses working alongside Caitlin and Cisco), this Eobard openly playing the "Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey" card, and even Savitar's words to Barry back in Flash S3, the writers clearly stopped caring about the mechanics of time-travel.
I pretty much just say 'time travel' and stop trying to think about it and just watch. Much easier on the brain that way.

And I do certainly love that you basically could not tell the shows apart. You can tell they really planned this out, which was definitely a benefit of knowing well in advance that all the shows were being renewed.

I know they won't do it, but it would be nice if they put all the crossover episodes and even the single show guest spots (Ray being on the flash, the felicity appearances, etc) on a single disc, or set.
PedroMcNamara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2017, 08:40 AM #99
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Jerry wrote: View Post

I think that was pretty obvious. She had Barry's mannerisms and everything. They also went out of their way to mention the idea of kids in the nail scene. If she doesn't come back at the end, I'll be surprised.

AbareHunter wrote: View Post

There's a bunch of unaccounted for time for Thawne as we always meet him out of order. Maybe that'll finally explain how he avoided being erased, he jumped Earths and therefore timelines, so time resetting didn't affect him.

Did they confirmed Legends Thawne came straight from killing Nora? I thought they never actually explained what point in time he was from since he was eaten by Black Flash for being a time remnant and not actually put back in place.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2017, 09:20 AM #100
> AbareHunter
NACHO!

AbareHunter
NACHO!

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

Did they confirm Legends Thawne came straight from killing Nora? I thought they never actually explained what point in time he was from since he was eaten by Black Flash for being a time remnant and not actually put back in place.
To the best of my memory, its all but outright stated that Legends' Thawne came from the night of Nora's murder. I recall him explaining to Dahrk and Merlyn at one point that The Flash had pulled him from the timeline and imprisoned him for months (in the Flashpoint timeline).

In the Flash S3 premiere, we see Thawne go back to that fateful night to set things right by killing Nora, before dropping Barry off in the new "close enough" present timeline and going on his way, setting the stage for the Black Flash's hunt
AbareHunter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote