Home Menu

Menu

Old April 29th, 2014, 09:28 PM #41
> GreenDTRanger
Bronze Age > New 52

GreenDTRanger
Bronze Age > New 52

While I like this overall, I am bummed that Jessica Jones is appearing in the MCU before bigger Marvel characters like Black Panther & Dr. Strange. But I would also prefer Defenders have a more mix of former members, like Strange, Valkyrie, Hellcat and Nighthawk.
GreenDTRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2014, 09:30 PM #42
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

GreenDTRanger wrote: View Post

While I like this overall, I am bummed that Jessica Jones is appearing in the MCU before bigger Marvel characters like Black Panther & Dr. Strange. But I would also prefer Defenders have a more mix of former members, like Strange, Valkyrie, Hellcat and Nighthawk.
Why are you bummed both Strange and Panther are slated for films eventually. Meaning they have more faith in them as characters to bring in bank vs lesser known ones that are getting tv shows. I'd much rather them be Heroes for Hire since all those that are getting a show have been members of that group.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2014, 09:37 PM #43
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Maybe he's more disappointed by the fact that it's not going to be the familiar Defenders roster and that they're relegated to Netflix instead of being in movies.

Heck I won't be surprised if we'll see the Netflix characters appear in the movies down the line.
Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2014, 09:49 PM #44
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Quantum Wolf wrote: View Post

Maybe he's more disappointed by the fact that it's not going to be the familiar Defenders roster and that they're relegated to Netflix instead of being in movies.

Heck I won't be surprised if we'll see the Netflix characters appear in the movies down the line.
You can't really get the real Defenders roster since Namor isn't in Marvel's hands. As well as others not being introduced yet. Which again like I said they should be Heroes for Hire since everyone who's gotten a TV show so far were members of that group. Also I'm sure they will show up in movies but right now they aren't considered movie worthy so they are getting TV shows which is better in my opinion. Some need to be told in the show format over movies and would work better as a tv show.
Old April 29th, 2014, 09:58 PM #45
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

If they ever do a film inspired by the Civil War comic story (and I suspect they would be interested in this, sometime after the Thanos stuff is done), I think that would be the best time to include the Netflix heroes. It just makes sense to use that concept to unite the different filmed mediums and go hogwild with the universe they've been developing all this time. It would be to Avengers what Avengers is to the solo films.

As far as having less faith in these characters. I prefer to think of it as a simple case of not having the resources to make films out of every single hero that comic fans may know about, plus not wanting to overexpose the market. They only do two projects a year right now, and they want to maintain a feeling of consistency, so you get sequels to almost every title they've put out so far. If they kept this formula relatively intact, it would take ages and ages for them to bring out Luke Cage and the rest, because they still have so many others to get to in-between the Rogers/Stark/Thor/Avengers sequels you already know are happening.

Anyway. One thing I hope they do with the Iron Fist series is really try to get someone great to head up their stunt and fight choreography department. People have mentioned some pretty big names that I don't think are likely to get used, such as the guys responsible for the Raid movies. But even if they can't go that big, the last thing I would want is for them to just throw a standard, generic TV guy who's used to doing ten-second punch-out scenes on Star Trek or whatever. I want this to be their big, Hong Kong-inspired kung fu fest.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 12:04 AM #46
> ReddoFaivu
Power Ranger

eBay
ReddoFaivu
Power Ranger

eBay

I think the civil war story would be way too massive for one movie. It would have to be a trilogy to tell the story correctly. They already have the contempt between Rogers and Stark set, but Spider-Man plays a huge part and the X-Men would also need to be involved. The movie(s) would be on a scale like we have never seen before. It would teeter on the line of awesome and overwhelming.

I'd still watch it though
ReddoFaivu is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 12:54 AM #47
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Well, I wasn't suggesting that they do the exact story from the comics. That's not even possible, and even if they had all the characters they wanted, I feel like they would probably want to make some changes to the plot and character motivations anyway.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 12:56 AM #48
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Once Strange is out there is nothing stopping them from doing a World War Hulk summer event. Planet Hulk ends the summer follow the next year with World War Hulk Iron Man, World War Hulk Strange and World War Hulk Avengers. Fit in the other stories in TV show format netflix short to the point don't blot it or make it needed just extra.
Old April 30th, 2014, 12:56 AM #49
> ReddoFaivu
Power Ranger

eBay
ReddoFaivu
Power Ranger

eBay

That's understandable, I just meant if they tried to do the story from the comics.

If they were going to try something massive, I would like to see Avengers vs. X-Men. Completely impossible and would result in a 3 hour movie (if they did it in one), but damn it would be cool.
ReddoFaivu is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 01:04 AM #50
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

ReddoFaivu wrote: View Post

That's understandable, I just meant if they tried to do the story from the comics.

If they were going to try something massive, I would like to see Avengers vs. X-Men. Completely impossible and would result in a 3 hour movie (if they did it in one), but damn it would be cool.
Its not impossible its just to many legal issues tied to it. If Fox/Marvel or Fox/Sony could get their shit together we could very well see cross company team ups. Work out cost of projects who pays for what, shared profits and so forth. The problem is each company will want the larger cut and greed will always trump common sense to these people.

Also AVX is a 3 part movie AvX Avengers, AvX X-Men and Avengers vs X-Men big final glorious ending only way to do it justice for each side.
Old April 30th, 2014, 01:33 AM #51
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

Multiple Man wrote: View Post

One thing I hope they do with the Iron Fist series is really try to get someone great to head up their stunt and fight choreography department. People have mentioned some pretty big names that I don't think are likely to get used, such as the guys responsible for the Raid movies. But even if they can't go that big, the last thing I would want is for them to just throw a standard, generic TV guy who's used to doing ten-second punch-out scenes on Star Trek or whatever. I want this to be their big, Hong Kong-inspired kung fu fest.
That would be great, because I've basically died inside as far as getting "The Battle IV"-type action scenes in conventional film anymore.
hasbro_primo is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 07:40 AM #52
> PegasasuRanger
Banned

PegasasuRanger
Banned

ReddoFaivu wrote: View Post

I think the civil war story would be way too massive for one movie. It would have to be a trilogy to tell the story correctly. They already have the contempt between Rogers and Stark set, but Spider-Man plays a huge part and the X-Men would also need to be involved. The movie(s) would be on a scale like we have never seen before. It would teeter on the line of awesome and overwhelming.

I'd still watch it though
Neither the X-Men nor Spider-man are essential to making a Civil War movie, at all.
I do hope they go ahead with it, perhaps as an Avengers 3.
PegasasuRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 07:41 AM #53
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Civil War is garbage and should never been produced in the first place. Turned me right off 616 for years, and I'm still bitter about what it did to everyone. Lousy, lousy story that only ever lead to one solid story (death of Cap, which can still very easily be done without using this plot) and it took forever for everyone to recover from it...and to be quite frank, some still havent recovered. I'd rather not be entertained by the "hero vs hero" idea, it's a trick the hacks at Marvel have relied on time and again. What happened to conventional good vs evil stories satisfying you?
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 08:29 AM #54
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

PegasasuRanger wrote: View Post

Neither the X-Men nor Spider-man are essential to making a Civil War movie, at all.
I do hope they go ahead with it, perhaps as an Avengers 3.
Avengers 3 already has a badguy lined up in Thanos.

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Civil War is garbage and should never been produced in the first place. Turned me right off 616 for years, and I'm still bitter about what it did to everyone. Lousy, lousy story that only ever lead to one solid story (death of Cap, which can still very easily be done without using this plot) and it took forever for everyone to recover from it...and to be quite frank, some still havent recovered. I'd rather not be entertained by the "hero vs hero" idea, it's a trick the hacks at Marvel have relied on time and again. What happened to conventional good vs evil stories satisfying you?
Its something that had been applied to the X-men for decades mutant laws ect just changed to be bigger to fit towards all heroes and villains. While a lot of Civil war wasn't good the story itself is. Much like Demon in the bottle for Iron Man is a really shitty arc however the story the point isn't. So strip away the bad from it. Then work into a movie and its still damn near impossible to pull off with out years and years and years of set up. So breath and eventually it will be made hopefully better then it was originally.

To me I'd be more interested in World War Hulk. That is just me obviously adding things into it for super hero movie but I just really love the Planet Hulk-WWH storyline and will always be my first pick for giant event summer.
Old April 30th, 2014, 08:36 AM #55
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

To me I'd be more interested in World War Hulk. That is just me obviously adding things into it for super hero movie but I just really love the Planet Hulk-WWH storyline and will always be my first pick for giant event summer.
I agree with this, that was a story that I could plausibly happen in the Marvel universe and a story that can test the morals of the characters and put them at odds beleivably and raises again the issue Bruce talked about like "time bombs" and the issue of what to do with an active atomic bomb, do you utilize it or dispose of it? Good human interest stuff.

Maybe if they did this first and then used it to springboard the characters into a Civil War scenario I could accept it more organicly. Perhaps have the devastation of a Hulk rampage during an Avengers crisis trigger the need for the registration act.

There was that early rumour they were doing Planet Hulk/World War Hulk when news was spreading of the Avengers sequel too. People are hungry for this story.
Old April 30th, 2014, 08:46 AM #56
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

I agree with this, that was a story that I could plausibly happen in the Marvel universe and a story that can test the morals of the characters. Maybe if they did this first and then used it to springboard the characters into a Civil War scenario I could accept it more organicly. Perhaps have the devastation of a Hulk rampage during an Avengers crisis trigger the need for the registration act.
I think a lot of things are leading towards it. I just want that to be a very very slow boil. Right now alien invasion is nothing real drastic on its own. However with the invasion then Shield falling apart followed by the twins and Ultron. It starts to pile on pretty big and not to mention Aim in IM3 kidnapping the President. We could see Tony take a drastic step knowing the destructive power of Hulk and Thunderbolt Ross stupidity he picks the lesser of two evils. A giant rage monster is sent into space only to return for war. Then we can trigger the Red Hulk situation in anther Hulk film. This puts more weight on the world of Super Heroes and Super Villains. Tony running what is essentially Shield pushes for a way to keep track of these people. This is of course all after Thanos is done and over with. So we are talking at least 10 years into the future before I could even seriously take Civil War.
Old April 30th, 2014, 08:55 AM #57
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Good observations. Hopefully things align properly and I can gradually take the story as it comes. I'm so not used to the kind of long-game storytelling in these sequence of movies because it's so reletivly fresh to the movie medium, I'm always thinking in the short-term, it'll take a lot of adjusting.
Old April 30th, 2014, 10:24 AM #58
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Good observations. Hopefully things align properly and I can gradually take the story as it comes. I'm so not used to the kind of long-game storytelling in these sequence of movies because it's so reletivly fresh to the movie medium, I'm always thinking in the short-term, it'll take a lot of adjusting.
My brain is always whats next what is the best possible outcome can we go to next. Compelling stories I want to see new roads different from the comics. The world is open to them with so many stories to take this from or that from and tell new tales. Also its such a crime we do not have Beta Ray Bill I have joked with a friend that he'd be Guardian's Thor if only to get him into the movies lol. But yeah after each movie even the lackluster ones the question always is whats next where do go from here? So my mind starts racing of logical points next. Even if I'm wrong its okay cause then I'm surprised.
Old April 30th, 2014, 11:26 AM #59
> ⚡McAster
I engage in motion

McAster
I engage in motion

Most Hulk fans would love to see a Planet Hulk film be made, and between Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy and other upcoming sci-fi shows set in space, audiences wouldn't be apathetic to it as they would have been this past decade. With the amount of care, effort, and control they have, Disney could finally get a success for that sub-genre they failed so utterly at with John Carter of Mars because they rushed too much,spent too much, and failed to tell a story well.

It really is good for Marvel, they have 60+ years and growing of content they can take from. Even though The Winter Soldier wasn't the comic, it was more than enough to tell a fun story as will Age of Ultron and Howard The Duck's amazing return in Fearless Defenders... no I'm not giving up that dream of Howard the Duck in the MCU, stop judging me.

As for Beta Ray Bill, I say nay to turning him into his comic self of just another Thor (the title Thor, hammer wielding and controlling the storms), but his full story prior to all that is more than enough to be a great sci-fi story. Lone guardian of a colony ship protecting his people as he and the ship seeks out a new planet for them to colonise on and start over again? There be a lot of great stuff there and a Thor-Clone as he would appear to most audience members isn't needed.
He's still genetically engineered, still a top tiered fighter, still can get a power suit full of interesting weapons to make him stand out, has a sidekick for the laughs in the form of his ship or a helper A.I., has a wife for love interest inside the ship (either walking around or in stasis), etc. Lot's they can do there, and obviously changing from the comics isn't hurting Star Lord judging by interest there.
McAster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 12:36 PM #60
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

McAster wrote: View Post

As for Beta Ray Bill, I say nay to turning him into his comic self of just another Thor (the title Thor, hammer wielding and controlling the storms), but his full story prior to all that is more than enough to be a great sci-fi story.
It could work if they adapted the NOW! story of working with Nova, to give Sam someone to bounce off of. It lets him exist in his own place independent of Thor, but it doesn't force him to hold up a franchise by himself.

...no I'm not giving up that dream of Howard the Duck in the MCU, stop judging me.
Just so long as you accept that it'll be in the form of a squeaky toy.
hasbro_primo is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
daredevil, netflix