Home Menu

Menu

Old March 13th, 2012, 03:33 PM #61
> Taureneo
Yabba Dabba Bitch

Taureneo
Yabba Dabba Bitch

Quantum Wolf wrote: View Post

With New Stage, I'm not sure how they'll go about it. Obviously Smile and Suite will get the most focus but hopefully the other teams will too. Also, there will be another character, first introduced in this movie, that'll get some focus too.
Based on the current rumors, it looks like Toei took it a step further. Supposedly, none of the teams before Fresh PreCure have any speaking roles. Supporting that is the fact that previews so far do not show any of the mascots before Tart and Chiffon, and the preview scenes from last week showed the Yes5 team in action, with none of them moving their lips at all. I'm holding out some hope that its not entirely true, but the chances are looking mighty slim right now.
Taureneo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 03:56 PM #62
> VampirePaladin
Power Ranger

VampirePaladin
Power Ranger

Well, EddieB, you will see a Nagisa/Honoka like pair in two more season. There is a pair in Yes! Precure 5, however they aren't the main pair. There is also another take in Suite Pretty Cure, however they end up being played with a bit.

For all fans of Precure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZX2oEc2iuM
VampirePaladin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 04:44 PM #63
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

I guess it's inevitable that not all of the Cures will get speaking roles, plus, Fresh does seem to be the starting point of the "modern" cures, IMO, in the same way that Toei exemplified the more recent Sentai in Gokaiger more so than the others. My only hope is that Smile does have an opportunity to gel or bond with the other teams, particularly with Precure 5 seeing as how they're the most similar to each other. Would be funny if Miyuki freaks out about how the Precure 5 are similar to them, sans the 6th member.

Another thing I'm hoping out of New Stage is that this teamup, to play the Linkara card again, is that it doesn't make out the Smile's to be utterly worthless.

Watching ep 6 again, I spotted a bit of an easter egg; when the Smile's are attempting a catchphrase, it actually goes: "Gonin sorotte! Pretty Cure!". Now where have we heard that before?
Xalfrea is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:00 AM #64
> EddieB
Power Ranger

EddieB
Power Ranger

VampirePaladin wrote: View Post

Well, EddieB, you will see a Nagisa/Honoka like pair in two more season. There is a pair in Yes! Precure 5, however they aren't the main pair. There is also another take in Suite Pretty Cure, however they end up being played with a bit.

For all fans of Precure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZX2oEc2iuM
Yeah good thing I like those type of characters since they tend to appear a lot in the series. I'm attempted to watch Heart catch and after a while I could not stand it I didn't really like the animation or the characters.

So now I'm watching Suite and I like this one a bit more. While in the beginning Hibiki and Kanade start to fight over things that are sometimes really forced. Then after a few episodes they start acting like friends. I like the animation in this one and the fight scenes are good so far. Siren is already starting to be developed which is a good sign but I do hope theirs more story here. Currently on episode 13.

Ok I just watched episode 13 where we learn about Hummy and Siren's past. Wow what a great twist I did not see that coming.
Code:
                                                      I was not expecting the writers to trick me into believe Siren was Cure Muse and her not being it. Then Mephisto actually brainwashing Siren good.
Great Episode

What does every one think about fresh pretty cure? I plan to watch that one after suite. I really like the costume design and the villians sound good.

I saw the Max Heart 2 movie and I thought it was excellent it really tests the friendship of Nagisa and Honoka and the villains like them were a duo that fought together. Hikari also got something of importance to do while the main duo took care of the main villians.

Last edited by EddieB; March 15th, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
EddieB is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2012, 06:35 AM #65
> VampirePaladin
Power Ranger

VampirePaladin
Power Ranger

I enjoyed Fresh, but I like Suite and Heartcatch more. I do love the main girls and Cure Pine is one of my favorite cures. I also really like a certain story arc they have.

I hope you like Suite, EddieB, it isn't a very loved series, but I really love it and like seeing someone else enjoying it. I love the final battle. I think you will enjoy learning Cure Muse's real identity. I really love her true cure form.
Old March 17th, 2012, 07:15 AM #66
> Funkatron
Just some dude

Funkatron
Just some dude

Out of the recent Cure teams, I like Heartcatch so far the best. Maybe its because they tried a lot of new things that made it work or that the HC girls were really likeable (especially Erika/Marine and Yuri/Moonlighto )

Whereas Suite had a tough act to follow and I'm not sure they succeeded. It had a lot of plot and pacing issues. Certain arcs dragged on and certain plot points like the final villain and Muse's reveal should have shown up earlier. I also still have a stinking suspicion they had something else planned and nixed it for who they made Muse. Even though those supposed leaked photos of Beat and Symphony were supposed to be plants from the production staff, I think otherwise
Funkatron is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2012, 09:30 AM #67
> VampirePaladin
Power Ranger

VampirePaladin
Power Ranger

Funkatron wrote: View Post

Out of the recent Cure teams, I like Heartcatch so far the best. Maybe its because they tried a lot of new things that made it work or that the HC girls were really likeable (especially Erika/Marine and Yuri/Moonlighto )

Whereas Suite had a tough act to follow and I'm not sure they succeeded. It had a lot of plot and pacing issues. Certain arcs dragged on and certain plot points like the final villain and Muse's reveal should have shown up earlier. I also still have a stinking suspicion they had something else planned and nixed it for who they made Muse. Even though those supposed leaked photos of Beat and Symphony were supposed to be plants from the production staff, I think otherwise
I do agree that Heartcatch is the overall superior show. I just can't help but love Suite. It doesn't make much sense, I admit that. There is just something about Kanade, Siren and the real Cure Muse that I love.

Though nothing can get me to like Cure Melody's design when transformed.
Old March 18th, 2012, 08:38 AM #68
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

So All Stars New Stage premiered in Japanese theaters yesterday. Itching to watch it, but how long do these Precure movies take when they're commercially released? I mostly watched the first 3 on YT.

Taking a look at pages of the movie, I spotted the promotional pic with all the Cures.

Looks like we have our first movie-only Cure. On the good side, anyway.

EDIT: If no one will reply, this space will also be for the overview of Smile Ep 7.
Old March 18th, 2012, 09:02 AM #69
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

Movie-only Cures seem like a weird idea in these All Star things. They already need to focus time on all the past characters, they would be better off in the series' regular film.
Ryoutarou is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 10:48 PM #70
> VampirePaladin
Power Ranger

VampirePaladin
Power Ranger

The movies will come out in a few months. Usually around the time they start talking about the season's movie.
Old March 18th, 2012, 10:53 PM #71
> turkishproverb
Custom User Title

turkishproverb
Custom User Title

So, have they announced the Decade crossover yet?
turkishproverb is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 10:58 PM #72
> VampirePaladin
Power Ranger

VampirePaladin
Power Ranger

With Kamen Rider Decade? No. With each other's series? Those are the All Stars movies.
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:43 AM #73
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

I'm severely hoping that by next year (The 10th Precure series) or 2014 (10th anniversary of Precure) we'll get an anniversary show. As much as I know its sounding lazy, the likes of Decade and Gokaiger really spoiled us in terms of what Toei-made anniversaries can do. Making a Precure series in vein of those two shows can really allow for a lot of angles, especially with the All Stars movies seemingly having their own mythos and enough material to weave into a show.

Counting the amount of Cures we have now, it's 29. Adding a 6th member to Smile (If they don't add a 7th either) will make it 30. A nice number to finish on for the next show. I hope the series after Smile will have 3 members like Fresh.

Might as well post the fanarts pics that were in the Fourze and Go-busters threads, courtesy of GreenNinja:

Also, not sure if anyone spotted this for those watching Smile also; there is a Decade reference in episode 5, and a Goranger reference in episode 6.

No subbed version of episode 7 has been posted yet so that's why no overview.

Last edited by Xalfrea; March 19th, 2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:45 PM #74
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Smile Precure Episode 7: Your secret base is in another castle.

We start off with Miyuki experimenting with the recently obtained Phone Decor by putting into the Decor Decor case, which opens to reveal another panel. The decor allows them to contact Pop, to Candy's immense delight. Before they can even talk to Pop, two fellow students pop into the school gazebo the Smile's have been staying in, curious about what they're doing. Akane distracts all the students in the vicinity with a fake UFO sighting giving the Smile's enough time to pack everything away.

After the OP with new All Stars New Stage footage focusing on the Suite's and Splash Star's, we cut to the Smile's going around school trying to find a place for their meetings to no avail, and their houses (especially Akane's which doubles as a restaurant) with their families are no good either. Miyuki decides to find a different place as their base. At their respective houses, the Smile's gather some personal stuff before they use their bookshelves as portals to get to the mysterious library. Though Akane suggests they use the library as their base, the surrounding trees and pitfalls gets the better of the Smile's (With a "You fail" from Candy), quickly making Akane change her mind. Reika then decided to take them to another place as their base, one that she feels fits being a Precure. The place turns out, to the other 4's dismay, to be the wind-buffeted Mt. Fuji. The other 4 Prodding Reika for her decision, she holds up a banner with the character "Path", remarking that the path as a Precure is very perilous, a long road with many burdens. The message falls to deaf ears as they can't hear a thing and they catch colds, Reika eventually relenting.

Back at the mysterious library, Yayoi decides to show her idea as a secret base, which turns out to be a high-tech computer room. Before the Smile's can even relish in it, it turns out the room is nothing more than a film set, with cast and crew and cameras already there. Back at the mysterious library, Yayoi apologizes, saying she just used it as an excuse to go there. Nao then decides to show her idea as a secret base, which turns out to be a pink bedroom filled to the brim with stuffed animals. While Akane relishes in all the stuffed animals and they break out food and tea, a person comes in, revealing its nothing more than a stuffed animal store. When a girl makes off with Candy, under the impression she's a toy, the Smile's make a run for it. Akane then decides to show her idea of a secret base...which is just a gorilla home in the zoo. They once again get caught and make a run for it. At the mysterious library, everyone but Miyuki seems ready to give up on finding a base, but Miyuki holds firm, confident they'll find one. When Reika questions why Miyuki has a lot of enthusiasm on finding a base, Miyuki whips out one of the items she brought with her, the book Anne of Green Gables. Loving the book since she was little, she was inspired by a similar scene of finding a base in the book, vowing to find a place just like what happened in the story. Even before she became a Precure, she already found a place to use as a base for her and her friends in a nearby forest. Miyuki takes them there, all the while at said forest, Wolfrun is there, observing all the laughter and merriment of two girls playing there.

The two girls have in fact already gotten dibs on the place Miyuki was taking the other Smile's to, but Miyuki is not fazed, deciding that if the two girls are happy there, she has no right to take away that happiness. Before the Smile's leave, Wolfrun appears, activating a Bad End and sucking the negative energy from the two girls, making the evil number meter go up one notch again. After transforming, Wolfrun turns a nearby tree into an Akanbe, and Miyuki vows to protect the two girl's secret place. While the Akanbe whoops the Smile's asses, Wolfrun comments on why a simple forest is so important, and Miyuki says that it may be a forest, but to others it is much more than that. The speech gives the others a second wind, as Miyuki tries to use her special attack, but she is attack before she can do so. The attack is blocked by the other 4 Smile's as Miyuki uses her attack again, destroying the Akanbe and obtaining the Ring Decor, bringing the Decor count to 7.

Back at the Mysterious Library, Miyuki tries something different, asking the Book portal to take them to a secret base. The wishes answered, they're transported to...the mysterious library again. As the 4 Smile's question why the library, Miyuki finds the answer. All of them wished for a place they can all enjoy themselves, where they can be happy. The mysterious library has in fact borne witness to all they wanted, they had happy times there and enjoyed each others company. As they get comfortable, they find that their mushroom seats are too far apart and just sitting on mushroom can't fit them all. Candy suggests to use the Star Decor to doll up the place, and it transforms a nearby giant tree stump into a house, where they all excitedly begin to fill it up with their personal belongings and toast to finally finding a secret base.
---------------------------
Nothing really substantial to comment on in the episode, its a standard "lesson" episode that has them trying to find a place to meet. Similar once again to another Precure 5 episode. The fight scene, brief as it is, did have them work as a team more, though it mostly amounted to the other 4 holding the enemy off while Happy finishes it. Would've liked it better, but something like Sailor Moon used to do this and it was fine. Besides, who am I to complain about something that's mostly meant for little girls? The idea of the episode though "What you're trying to find may just be right in front of you the entire time" is nice; I honestly expected Miyuki's choice forest clearing to be it, but its nice they went with the angle that everyone, even the leader, had it wrong.

At this point I expect it to follow the standard formula, where we have episodes involving the group having disagreements, delving into the group's personalities, etc, before we get our next major advancement into the story. And next episode seems like major deja vu from Fresh Precure: Candy and Miyuki switch bodies.
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:50 PM #75
> Destiny13777
Power Ranger

Destiny13777
Power Ranger

Quantum Wolf wrote: View Post

Also, not sure if anyone spotted this for those watching Smile also; there is a Decade reference in episode 5, and a Goranger reference in episode 6.
Which was the decade one? I know the goren precure one from 6.
Destiny13777 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:07 PM #76
> Taureneo
Yabba Dabba Bitch

Taureneo
Yabba Dabba Bitch

Peace tells Reika that they're "Just heroes passing through" when she realizes who they are.
Taureneo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:15 PM #77
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Yeah that would be episode 5, when Reika questions what's going on and Yayoi says "We're just superheroes passing through".
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:36 PM #78
> Destiny13777
Power Ranger

Destiny13777
Power Ranger

Ah ok, that rings a bell. It's cause I have this pic of Yayoi holding the decadriver the way Tsukasa is holding it in the Super Hero Taisen trailer and I was wondering where the reference was from.
Destiny13777 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:42 PM #79
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Cool, can you post it? Would make for a good laugh.

Really interesting how Precure seems to go hand in hand with either Rider or Sentai.
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:45 PM #80
> ⚡GreenNinja
Kokonoe Luna Nova

GreenNinja
Kokonoe Luna Nova

Ploink.

Pixiv really ran with the "Just a passing through superhero" thing.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
sentai with cupcakes