Home Menu

Menu

Old September 4th, 2018, 12:21 PM #721
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Details on NYCC Panel

10:00–11:00 a.m. Riverdale Exclusive Sneak Peek and Q&A, The Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden. Following yet another drama-filled season and shocking season two finale, don’t miss Riverdale when it makes its debut at New York Comic Con this year! Join Archie and the gang as they continue to dive into the secrets that loom and keep emerging from the shadows in a town that once seemed like a quiet, ordinary place. The circumstances surrounding Archie’s arrest kick off the drama of season three as the gang tries to #FreeArchie, while Hiram Lodge continues to flesh out his plans to control not only Riverdale, but also the ever growing SoDale. Based on the characters from Archie Comics and produced by Berlanti Productions (The Flash, Supergirl, Blindspot, Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow) in association with Warner Bros. Television, this one-hour drama is a bold, subversive take on the surreality of small-town life. Join us for an exclusive sneak peek at season three followed by a Q&A with series stars KJ Apa, Lili Reinhart, Luke Perry, Mädchen Amick and executive producers Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Jon Goldwater. Riverdale returns for season three October 10, airing Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...iere-and-more/
Cameron Samurai is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 07:07 AM #722
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

As an update to my earlier post, here I am as Jughead:

Unfortunately, you can't really see the messenger bag I'm wearing, but I think it turned out pretty good for literally being spur-of-the-moment.
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 02:27 PM #723
> hasbro_primo
"One day I shall return."

hasbro_primo

DigificWriter wrote: View Post

As an update to my earlier post, here I am as Jughead:
Nice homage.
hasbro_primo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2018, 05:57 AM #724
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Hey, guys, one question. Doesn't simulcast means it airs at the same time and day? Cause Warner Channel (here in Latin America), says that Riverdale will "simulcast" with the USA, but in the USA it's at 7pm and here it will be at midnight. It doesn't make sense and I have classes in my collegue on Thursday at 8am. Unless, now that I think about it, it airs in simulcast with the East Cost? Dammit.
Dexter1998 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2018, 08:09 PM #725
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Okay, officially that was WTF. Like, I was saying it out loud at the screen.
So yeah...floating babies? I mean before the show even started they did mention supernatural stuff but somehow...just didn't expect it. Then again maybe Betty is hallucinating. Now she's having a seizure or something. And Jug's found some totem thingie to the Gargoyle King and some cult that may or may not be or tied with this Farm I bet...

Oh and Archie is going to juvie. I admit, didn't entirely see it going that way. Really did assume he'd get out of it or at least a stay of execution and a new trial. I did love HIram telling Ronnie he wasn't punishing Archie, but punishing her for betraying him. Ouch, that's gotta hurt her one good. And hot damn, they definitely didn't forget what they love doing on this show, having Cheryl strut around in something hot. That was quite an entrance for sure. But I do wonder about her whole bit thinking about Archie saving her and everything. And yeah, she's totally a loose cannon with the Serpents which probably will continue to be a bad thing for Jug.
Alitain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2018, 09:16 PM #726
> hasbro_primo

hasbro_primo

Okay, Riverdale, that twist at the end was MASTERFUL. Well done.

This show is still every bit the soap opera where it left off.
Archie going up the creek, Betty on drugs, Veronica still at war with her dad, the Serpents still at war with the Ghoulies, and every teenager naked as often as humanly possible. Are lawyers allowed to represent their immediate family in murder trials?

The Gargoyle King being the new Black Hood feels pretty lame right now, though.
Old October 10th, 2018, 10:44 PM #727
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Okay, I don't know what the fuck was that... I don't know what to say... Except...

What the hell is wrong with Varchie?! THEY HAD SEX RIGHT NEXT TO THEIR FRIENDS! IN A BONFIRE! RIGHT BESIDE THEM! DON'T THEY HAVE ANY DECENCY LEFT?! THEY ARE RIGHT BESIDE YOU FOR CHRIST SAKE!
Old October 10th, 2018, 11:32 PM #728
> hasbro_primo

hasbro_primo

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

What the hell is wrong with Varchie?! THEY HAD SEX RIGHT NEXT TO THEIR FRIENDS! IN A BONFIRE! RIGHT BESIDE THEM! DON'T THEY HAVE ANY DECENCY LEFT?! THEY ARE RIGHT BESIDE YOU FOR CHRIST SAKE!
Wasn't the idea that Betty and Jughead
were about to do it too?

It's not like they cared, they've literally overheard Archie and Veronica banging before.
Old October 11th, 2018, 05:19 AM #729
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Is this sabrina or is this riverdale!!!! Ending definitely had me confused in a good way, but i feel it isnt what it seems
toejammer is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 08:28 AM #730
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

it's nice to see pretty much all the extended cast together in one episode

not that we'll be seeing much of Reggie or probably even Moose in all likelihood, but at least one of them has an apparent story arc with Kevin

it's generally perceived how squeaky-clean and wholesome Archie Comics and it's interesting how they've walked the characters right up to the line of no-return...

I am worried they're going to kill off enough of the tertiary characters that they feel they need to cross that line with one of the majors...

and its still weird for me, accustomed to the enternal Archie-Betty-Veronica triangle to have Bughead and Varchie still a thing in season three...

as for that ending, it is another line I hope they don't cross...supernatural elements incorporated into the show might be a step too far (especially since they're leaving Sabrina out in a whole new 'verse apparently)...
bearytrek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 09:39 AM #731
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

bearytrek wrote: View Post

as for that ending, it is another line I hope they don't cross...supernatural elements incorporated into the show might be a step too far (especially since they're leaving Sabrina out in a whole new 'verse apparently)...
Sabrina is in universe tho. They just aren't crossing over for now. Greendale's still Riverdale's neighbour city.
Old October 15th, 2018, 08:13 AM #732
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

I'm glad that this show isn't sweeping Archie's previous actions under the rug.
Agent Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2018, 10:18 PM #733
> hasbro_primo

hasbro_primo

In the battle of CW characters incarcerated, Archie is beating Oliver Queen by a mile.
The Longest Yard literally cheered on by his girlfriend followed by a riot where he took out three guards, and now he's the warden's marquee fighter in an underground ring? This is madness and I love it.

Where did they find Mad Dog? Dude was chiseled from marble.

The Gargoyle King shit is still lame, though.
Apparently every parent of every main character were suddenly buddies back in high school and did whatever to unleash the kind of poison that turns your lips blue and give you seizures make you leap to your death... ugh. Any way this ends is hackneyed garbage.
Old October 18th, 2018, 02:36 AM #734
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

Okay, I don't know what the fuck was that... I don't know what to say... Except...

Pretty sure Betty and Jughead had left before Archie and Ron started going at it. They're completely absent from the shot.
Old October 18th, 2018, 07:46 AM #735
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

In the battle of CW characters incarcerated, Archie is beating Oliver Queen by a mile.
The Longest Yard literally cheered on by his girlfriend followed by a riot where he took out three guards, and now he's the warden's marquee fighter in an underground ring? This is madness and I love it.

Apparently every parent of every main character were suddenly buddies back in high school and did whatever to unleash the kind of poison that turns your lips blue and give you seizures make you leap to your death... ugh. Any way this ends is hackneyed garbage.

I was expecting an ab-off with Archie and Mad-Dog...kind of surprised they didn't do that

all the parents in the same room together, given what happened to Archie, seemed very unlikely unless more than a few had ulterior motives being there...

and they're killing off teritiary characters pretty fast...I wonder how soon they'll start getting into the upper tiers for shock value...
bearytrek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2018, 12:53 PM #736
> hasbro_primo

hasbro_primo

bearytrek wrote: View Post

I wonder how soon they'll start getting into the upper tiers for shock value...
The writers will start with Kevin.

Literally his entire story over almost two calendar years has been being gay. WTF.
Old October 18th, 2018, 07:22 PM #737
> Harpsikord
#DidItOnEm

Harpsikord
#DidItOnEm

The writers will start with Kevin.

Literally his entire story over almost two calendar years has been being gay. WTF.
Nah - it'll be Josie. She has NOTHING going on. At least Kevin has his romance with Moose and Reggie has to play (see: actually BE) team captain for the Bulldogs.
Harpsikord is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2018, 10:55 PM #738
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

We don't really know that the adults were all buddies. Just cause you share a secret doesn't make you bosom buddies. We see how they are, especially with Hiram and such. So it's a bit jumping to say they're friends. Why do you dislike this cult story? What makes you think it's all hackneyed garbage, as you put it? And yet you think Archie stupidly punching guards is a better story or something?
Alitain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2018, 12:00 AM #739
> hasbro_primo

hasbro_primo

Alitain wrote: View Post

Why do you dislike this cult story?
It's ONLY all the parents of all the main characters, with this big sin that's existed for decades and was never once brought up while the Black Hood was killing sinners... It just reeks of trying to be important instead of organically becoming important.
Old October 19th, 2018, 07:21 AM #740
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

Between Cheryl's archery, the underground fights and Hiram's machinations this is starting to feel like a superhero show.

Look Veronica, I understand showing support for your byfriend. But maybe there are better ways to do it other than forcing someone to not run for class president. As callous as she may have put it, Cheryl was right that she'd have better use for the class presidency than Archie does right now. Unless Veronica gains the ability to literally freeze time in place, there is no way she can keep everything the exact same as it was when Archie left. Nor should she try.

Also, I really doubt a bunch of high school cheer leaders showing up at a juvie football game would have been accepted, corrupt warden or no.

And have Veronica and Hermoine forgotten that Hiram is on parole? If they want him out of their lives, call up his parole officer.

Last edited by Agent Z; October 19th, 2018 at 02:53 PM.