Home Menu

Menu

Old October 8th, 2018, 07:57 PM #461
> SeigiRed
Power Ranger

SeigiRed
Power Ranger

They release Marvel Figuarts via Bluefin despite the licence being with Hasbro. Its not improbable that something will be worked out for these minipla kits. Also, $42 is REALLY GOOD PRICE!

Any SMP wishlists?

For me?

MOGERA! From the Godzilla series! A combining MOGERA, or Concept Art Mechagodzilla would be awesome in this line!

Also, I guess Dairanger stuff would be great

Last edited by SeigiRed; October 8th, 2018 at 08:03 PM.
SeigiRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2018, 09:36 PM #462
> ⚡Zeddykins
FACEPALM

Zeddykins
FACEPALM

Iíd still kill for VRV Robo. Maybe Iíd consider RV Robo as well.
Zeddykins is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2018, 01:59 AM #463
> DekaRed
Plus Ultra!

DekaRed
Plus Ultra!

OMG, VRV Robo would be amazing. You would have to have RV Robo though, just so you could make the Naniwa Special.
DekaRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2018, 02:06 PM #464
> Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

To clarify, itís $42 per robot for the In Space Minipla. Not a full set. Bluefin seems to have a grammar problem.
Zapdos560 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2018, 02:19 PM #465
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Zapdos560 wrote: View Post

To clarify, itís $42 per robot for the In Space Minipla. Not a full set. Bluefin seems to have a grammar problem.
Ah there's the fine print. Still if you get the set it's $60 + $20 dollars EMS it's a little over 80 dollars.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=GOODS-00254636

Blue has it at $42 dollars per robot. So it's more or less the same.

Zeddykins wrote: View Post

Iíd still kill for VRV Robo. Maybe Iíd consider RV Robo as well.

I don't know. After my second mini pla I just see the end results having a tiny head and underwhelming sticker application

Plus no chrome

Building Muteki was stressful enough. I don't know if I want to do it again.

Last edited by Gold Samurai; October 9th, 2018 at 02:31 PM.
Gold Samurai is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2018, 02:57 PM #466
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay

I'd take RV Robo any day of the week. Yeah, it's my favorite mecha of all time, and the fact that it would be light years ahead of the original Minipla.

And Muteki got here today... guys and gals, wish me luck. O_O
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2018, 05:03 PM #467
> weirdwolf
Power Ranger

weirdwolf
Power Ranger

I now have my Super Kakure Daishogun, and just spent the whole afternoon and early afternoon building it, and it was worth it. While I still haven't summoned the courage to try disassembling Muteki Shogun, I have no problems with SKD. It's a great figure in it's separate Choninju forms as well as the combine robot.

I currently have SKD in a pose about to punch an invisible youkai with the Saruder arm and nearby Super Muteki Shogun standing by. Yep, I'm not brave enough to try taking it apart entirely, but I've combined it with Tsubasamaru.

It was expensive, but I have no regrets.
weirdwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2018, 06:01 PM #468
> SeigiRed
Power Ranger

SeigiRed
Power Ranger

I wanna get me some MMPR Season 3 Evil Space Alien figures to go with the Shogun Megazord! Any recommendations?

Haven't gotten Ninja yet. Its in the mail, but I havent seen any progress in the tracking. Its been 10 days...
Old October 9th, 2018, 08:27 PM #469
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay

Red Saruder Is done. Iím actually pretty happy. Took it slow, but since Iíve built Gunpla and Figure-rise items for years, this was a cakewalk. Was a little worried on the legs, but sanded, test-fitted, sanded again... finally got them to have some friction, but still smooth enough to rotate without obstruction.

And honestly... I tested them beforehand... and those suckers were TIGHT. I donít know how that passed, but Jesus.

However, if you just pay attention to what youíre doing and take it easy, thereís no reason you should have a problem.

Old October 9th, 2018, 09:32 PM #470
> Cuchulainn
hound of ulster

Cuchulainn
hound of ulster

How many of the stickered areas on the Muteki Shogun kit have molded detail underneath them? I want to get a Super Minipla eventually but if there's no way to just paint those details in it'll be a drag.
Cuchulainn is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2018, 09:57 PM #471
> SeigiRed
Power Ranger

SeigiRed
Power Ranger

Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

How many of the stickered areas on the Muteki Shogun kit have molded detail underneath them? I want to get a Super Minipla eventually but if there's no way to just paint those details in it'll be a drag.
I want to say almost all of them. Perhaps just the yellow circles on the Shogun Megazord's helmet, everything else is a molded detail.

Maybe the war paint on the megazord face? But even then, I ended up painting mine too
Old October 10th, 2018, 06:50 AM #472
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay

Yeah, like SeigiRed said, aside from the gold circles on the Mukeki's helmet, the rest have molded pieces. The individual faces are painted too... so you wouldn't really have to paint the silver or the eyes on those.

I've been printing, cutting, weeding, masking and laying vinyl graphics for almost 15 years... stickers are nothing to me, so I can usually get them to lay down pretty well. But I can understand wanting to paint. The only real stickers that "bother" me are the forearm and hands... everything else doesn't look bad. The only ones that gave me a difficult time were the "ankles?" The part of the black feet with the grey and red sticker... that one was a little trouble.

I'll probably heat seal them later with a hairdryer to maybe get a little more of the wrinkles out, but they went down pretty smooth.
Old October 10th, 2018, 07:22 AM #473
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Taichi wrote: View Post

The only real stickers that "bother" me are the forearm and hands... everything else doesn't look bad. The only ones that gave me a difficult time were the "ankles?" The part of the black feet with the grey and red sticker... that one was a little trouble.
Ugh. I messed around with them too much to get them aligned perfectly. I finally had to take them off.

They're too badly mangled and ripped now

Fu.....
Gold Samurai is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2018, 07:49 AM #474
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay

Yeah, I remember you saying you had a hard time... man, I feel for you, I've done that before.

How I put those on, just my own little technique, is peel the sticker from the sheet and then force the red parts up so it gets them out of your way, (the stickers have some resistance, which is good, so when you force the flaps up, the tend to stay that way). Apply the grey part first... keeping the red flaps from sticking the best you can, if they do, just gently peel them up, until you have the grey positioned and work from top to bottom with it. I use my fingernail to push the transition line from grey to red into the crevice and then lastly fold the red over the edge.

Having an Exacto works wonders too... since you can put the sticker on the tip of the blade, which will keep oils off the sticker and helps align them easier. The push them down with a Q-Tip or your finger.

You could also trim them. Cut the red tabs completely off and put them on separately. The point where the two meet is kinda hidden anyway.

And I can't reiterate this enough... wash, wash, wash the plastic. The plastic has oils from manufacturing. Most sticker adhesion issues are from NOT cleaning the plastic.
Old October 10th, 2018, 07:35 PM #475
> Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay

For something thatís supposed to be a grade above regular minipla, Muteki is plagued with stickers.
Oh yes, HLJ has opened pre-orders for the Megaranger minipla.
Lord-Zero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2018, 09:25 PM #476
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay

Aside from the forearms, none of the stickers are ďthatĒ out of the ordinary or are that imposing. Donít get me wrong, paying the price and WHAT the line is there shouldnít have been this many.

The chest emblems were already gold, no reason for a sticker. The faces are painted, so really youíre only adding the headband... that should have been painted. I think they went down pretty clean.

So going into the actually quality... itís not bad. Itís weird, with how light the individuals are, the combined form is hefty. Thatís a nice feeling. It doesnít feel cheap, the articulation is pretty good. The ankles are a tad odd and the Red Saruder legs that make Mutekiís upper thighs are, ďweak?Ē... probably the weakest link of the whole design. Part of it has to do with how it connects to Kumard and Gammer.

Overall, I love it. Muteki is in my top 3 all time design favorites, but I feel some things definitely could have been better.
Old October 10th, 2018, 09:56 PM #477
> Infinitevirtue
Power Ranger

Infinitevirtue
Power Ranger

Nice! I just received mine from AmiAmi. Will probably start putting it together tomorrow then I will decide if I want to paint it or just use the stickers.
Infinitevirtue is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 03:14 AM #478
> Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

Anyone interested in me making them updated stickers, for replacements?.. I have super easy solution...cheaper than buying another set LOL
Silver_Tiger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 11:33 AM #479
> SeigiRed
Power Ranger

SeigiRed
Power Ranger

Silver_Tiger wrote: View Post

Anyone interested in me making them updated stickers, for replacements?.. I have super easy solution...cheaper than buying another set LOL
You mean the way BD15 or Reprolabels does enhancement stickers? Color me interested!
Old October 11th, 2018, 04:33 PM #480
> Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

SeigiRed wrote: View Post

You mean the way BD15 or Reprolabels does enhancement stickers? Color me interested!
Sort of, but cheaper lol and quicker lol

well, quicker to get to you. and it would be an individual thing (as in working with whoever "one on one") because some people need more customization than others, like some stickers to be separated
Silver_Tiger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote