RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old October 22nd, 2017, 01:26 AM   #161
rowie4life
Power Ranger

Master Mode yellow, blue, pink and Stonedozer are in stock, on toysrus.co.uk for £4.98 each.
rowie4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 01:40 AM   #162
dwphoenix
Power Ranger

Anyone know when we're likely to get Gold and some more of the villians? We havent even had the foot soliders (I forget their names), which are usually released as part of the very first wave.

Also, if anyone is interested it appears TRU are now stocking the UFO megazord. My local had it reduced from 80 to 40.

Unlike the US release it comes with a claw (not that disimilar to the cannon released as part of wave one) and a translucent blue ranger (same mold as the cheap figures included with the bikes).

Personally I refuse to buy any of these repainted zords, £40 just so my kid can have an extra £10 zord is just redicules. I really wish they had gone the same route as releasing the aux. Zords seperate as per DC
dwphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 10:16 AM   #163
rowie4life
Power Ranger

rowie4life wrote: View Post

Master Mode yellow, blue, pink and Stonedozer are in stock, on toysrus.co.uk for £4.98 each.
Pink and Stonedozer are gone.
rowie4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 11:34 AM   #164
⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Popped into my local TRU (Oxford) today. Their PR stock was probably down to about half. Tey had a bit of everything but in very, very low stock.

Legacy-wise they only had a couple of Tommy Communicators down to £25, which tempted me but I passed. Usually they have a bunch of Legacy Morphers and Megazords, but no luck.
I was looking for 5" Ninja Steel White but didn't find her. They didn't have that many NS figures - only the regular mode guys and some Master Modes too. I was also looking for the 5" Movie Rita and by some miracle found her. Very happy about that. I picked up a Ninja Power Star pack because it had SPD in it, and that's it.

Oh yeah, and my TRU still has mountains of those Megaforce dress-up costumes sets. No-one's touched them in 4 years...
Morgan Lamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 01:03 PM   #165
The Kenz
Power Ranger

The TRU I went to has done quite a good job of getting rid of their old stuff. Until fairly recently, they were still clogged up with loads of cycles from past series going back to Super Samurai.

Now it's almost exclusively movie/Ninja Steel stuff with a couple of Super Megaforce cycles hanging and Dino Charge ammonites hanging around.

I'm still hoping the last of the Dino Charge villains (Prof Stickler, Doomwing, etc.) will still randomly show up somewhere. I can dream.
The Kenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2017, 08:54 AM   #166
Smoked
Power Ranger

Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

It looks like it's up for delivery on the website again, so you should grab while you can.
Thank you so much for the heads up! You've really made my day
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 06:03 PM   #167
WatcherMark
Wubbalubbadubdub!

So I popped into my local TRU today and saw the Astro Megazord Battle Pack. If you thought having to pay £45 for an auxillery zord was bad enough, turns out that for us if you want this one you're gonna have to pay £80.

That's terrible, its so insanely overpriced. I can't see adult collectors willing to spend that kind of dough for the sake of a zord which can be imported cheaper, and I definitely can't see parents forking out that kind of cash for this. Are Bandai wanting this toyline to fail?
WatcherMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 03:14 PM   #168
dwphoenix
Power Ranger

WatcherMark wrote: View Post

So I popped into my local TRU today and saw the Astro Megazord Battle Pack. If you thought having to pay £45 for an auxillery zord was bad enough, turns out that for us if you want this one you're gonna have to pay £80.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeNq0cXkAEcDdX.jpg

That's terrible, its so insanely overpriced. I can't see adult collectors willing to spend that kind of dough for the sake of a zord which can be imported cheaper, and I definitely can't see parents forking out that kind of cash for this. Are Bandai wanting this toyline to fail?
My wife and I saw this thd other week and were discussing it, we could see a lot of 'uninlightened' parents seeing this, seeing its a 'big box' and a Megazord and quickly buying it for their kids for Christmas without realising its just a repainted version of the main Zord.

Being 'informed' (for lack of a better word) I reguse to buy my kid a repainted version of the Zord hes already got. However, if I didnt follow PR or toy releases I proobably would have grabed this as a 'main' Christmas present for my son without any real consideration. I mean it has a Megazord (with a gun), a big claw and a Power Ranger my kid would love it... and that right there is the exact market Bandai have aimed this release at.
Old November 1st, 2017, 03:30 PM   #169
Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel

eBay
dwphoenix wrote: View Post

My wife and I saw this thd other week and were discussing it, we could see a lot of 'uninlightened' parents seeing this, seeing its a 'big box' and a Megazord and quickly buying it for their kids for Christmas without realising its just a repainted version of the main Zord.

Being 'informed' (for lack of a better word) I reguse to buy my kid a repainted version of the Zord hes already got. However, if I didnt follow PR or toy releases I proobably would have grabed this as a 'main' Christmas present for my son without any real consideration. I mean it has a Megazord (with a gun), a big claw and a Power Ranger my kid would love it... and that right there is the exact market Bandai have aimed this release at.
But would you buy the astro megazord if he wanted it anyway?
Falcon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 10:47 AM   #170
dwphoenix
Power Ranger

No I wouldnt. If he didnt have the Megazord I might consider this or the Rumble Tusk over the Main Zord. However, as he has the main Megazord and Rumble/Astro are nothing more than repainted versions I refuse to buy them.

If the Astro/Rumble had been sold seprately (like the aux. DC Zords) for around £15 would have been more than happy to buy them but not at £40+ quid
Old November 2nd, 2017, 01:28 PM   #171
Rycor
Power Ranger

Is this news? Asda

Last edited by Rycor; November 2nd, 2017 at 03:05 PM.
Rycor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 02:24 PM   #172
dwphoenix
Power Ranger

I honestly didnt expect these to reach the UK, I dont know why but I just didnt expect them to be released over here.
Old November 14th, 2017, 11:00 AM   #173
⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay
Sale on at A1 Toys, FANTASTIC prices:

Legacy Dragonzord 59.99
Legacy Communicator 39.99
Legacy Dragon Dagger 59.99
Sadsmileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 05:43 PM   #174
WatcherMark
Wubbalubbadubdub!

I still haven't got a Legacy Communicator or Dragon Dagger... may need to sell some of my rarer Pop Vinyls to get at least one of these.
WatcherMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 01:02 AM   #175
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
For those interested, Ninja Steel's Lion Fortress is currently at 50 GBP on Amazon UK.
Red Dino Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2017, 01:05 PM   #176
dwphoenix
Power Ranger

Bought my kid a Ripperrat from TRU today. First time I've seen 1
Old November 25th, 2017, 10:28 AM   #177
⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

By the way, if anyone is still in need of the 2017 movie Morpher, The Entertainer currently has it priced at only £7.49. (Really regretting buying it when it first came out for £30...)
Old November 25th, 2017, 12:09 PM   #178
⚡Toast
J U S T I C E

A while ago, a £7 movie morpher is something I'd have snapped up in an instant. Right now, however...nothing.

Maybe if I see it in person, the coins will draw me to it, but it just seemed so disappointed. Does it even look great side-by-side with the Legacy Power Morpher?
Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2017, 12:55 PM   #179
⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

The coins are nice. Tiny, but nice. The Morpher itself is a big, bulky, dull, dark grey hunk of plastic. Even the tiny specks of glitter inside can't save it. It looks even worse next to a Legacy Morpher >_>
Old November 25th, 2017, 03:00 PM   #180
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
I actually display mine next to the Legacy morpher and I think it looks pretty good size-wise. The coins even match up to be on an even level.

But yes, its paint scheme is bland compared to a Legacy morpher. But at 7.50 GBP, you can't really go wrong with it. I'd say its coins alone are worth that and frankly, I absolutely love the lights and camera-shutter effect. As a toy though, no real play value at all.
Red Dino Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote