RangerBoard
 
Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2014, 08:29 AM   #41
Leemaster777
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 214
RiderFan18 wrote: View Post

There is an option on the order section to choose between the 2 kinds, so it is $99 for just one of them.
Really? Wow, that is just all kinds of unacceptable.

How is it that the Legacy Morpher is larger, made of metal, AND an entirely new mold, and only costs $60, but this tiny plastic re-release is somehow more expensive? I simply cannot see the reasoning behind it.
Leemaster777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 09:04 AM   #42
Yami_Wheeler
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 631
Well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.
Yami_Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 09:11 AM   #43
dekablue25
db25 from ranger review
 
dekablue25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,690
Am not surprised at the price people online pay a good amount for MIB digivices and almost 100 for used ones so the 100 price tag for these things arent a big OMG shocker factor.kinda bad yes since its small not like legacy line quality but these are 2 different shows not one of the same
dekablue25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 09:13 AM   #44
Citrus James Gaylyn
Please reheat.
 
Citrus James Gaylyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,987
Leemaster777 wrote: View Post

Really? Wow, that is just all kinds of unacceptable.

How is it that the Legacy Morpher is larger, made of metal, AND an entirely new mold, and only costs $60, but this tiny plastic re-release is somehow more expensive? I simply cannot see the reasoning behind it.
The show isn't as popular as the Ranger brand, and it's only reaching its 15th anniversary.
Citrus James Gaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 02:53 PM   #45
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...
 
Taichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,432
32 eBay
dekablue25 wrote: View Post

Am not surprised at the price people online pay a good amount for MIB digivices and almost 100 for used ones so the 100 price tag for these things arent a big OMG shocker factor.kinda bad yes since its small not like legacy line quality but these are 2 different shows not one of the same
You mean $300-$500 for the originals.

But seriously, I feel there's more to these, but I'm definitely getting Tai's. A hundred for this doesn't bother me a bit, I've paid far more than that for my collection now.
Taichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 04:35 PM   #46
⚡Zeddykins
FACEPALM
 
Zeddykins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,908
32
The only discernable difference I can see is that they added the other 2 borders in the center of the Digivice with the design that was missing from the original release. Also, Magnadramon? So Gatomon gets Ophanimon in the PSP Adventure game, but not in this? *sigh*
Zeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 04:37 PM   #47
shadowranger533
Amazon!
 
shadowranger533's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,611
Zeddykins wrote: View Post

The only discernable difference I can see is that they added the other 2 borders in the center of the Digivice with the design that was missing from the original release. Also, Magnadramon? So Gatomon gets Ophanimon in the PSP Adventure game, but not in this? *sigh*
Well I got a feeling they were just going by the movie footage... Since they added Diaboramon, I guess they wanted to go all out and added Magnadramon.
shadowranger533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 04:45 PM   #48
Hellion01
End of an era...
 
Hellion01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 695
Hmm...

id consider it if it wasn't so damn expensive. I'd rather get myself an s2 digivice. I hate how its now they wanna showcase the megas for the original 8.
Hellion01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 04:46 PM   #49
Izzy
誰も準備ができていません!
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 10,321
$99 for a single, first market Digivice?

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 05:40 PM   #50
JohnnyX
Just A Friend
 
JohnnyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,927
No matter how I see it, there is no justice in the price. Even as a collectable first release. Yeah the originals go up to 300 and up, but this is brand new. No reason to compare it to the original. Unless it is limited by production, that would be the only reason for the $100 price tag. I mean... the D1 digivice is TINY. Plus no alteration in the exterior from what I can tell. No way chips, electronics, plastic or metal, would it cost to create the collectable. But yes, some people will probably buy it. True hard fans.
JohnnyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 06:14 PM   #51
Stuntastik30
VIP Rider
 
Stuntastik30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,919
32
I remember those, i stopped using mine because i couldn't find anyone else to battle with. My brother had one but he wasn't as into it as i was so i gave up. too bad, I would have been all over. Plus i cant get just one so $99 dollars for one is a bit steep for me.

it does make me want to check out the original series and movie again.

Last edited by Stuntastik30; July 20th, 2014 at 06:36 PM.
Stuntastik30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 06:23 PM   #52
TealMystechRanger
One For All
 
TealMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,909
Yeah, chances of me investing in this are even slimmer now.

Zeddykins wrote: View Post

Also, Magnadramon? So Gatomon gets Ophanimon in the PSP Adventure game, but not in this? *sigh*
Almost asked about this myself. I know she digivolved into Magnadramon in the film, but I prefer the pair of Seraphimon and Ophanimon over 'seraphim and DRAGON!!!'. Though that's just from investigations over the past five years or so, I can't say I know the ins-and-outs of stuff outside of the first two or three seasons.
TealMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 07:00 PM   #53
Stuntastik30
VIP Rider
 
Stuntastik30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,919
32
there's a pre-order close date. does that mean they'll only produce only whats pre-ordered? that would kinda explain the higher price tag if its not going to be such a mass release.


This most likely wont get a US release i assume. does the Japanese version have english text?
Stuntastik30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 07:29 PM   #54
Leemaster777
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 214
Stuntastik30 wrote: View Post

there's a pre-order close date. does that mean they'll only produce only whats pre-ordered? that would kinda explain the higher price tag if its not going to be such a mass release.


This most likely wont get a US release i assume. does the Japanese version have english text?
Okay, you know what, if they ARE only producing as many as ordered, that WOULD explain the higher price. The Legacy Morpher was mass-produced because they KNEW it would sell, but I can see how this wouldn't really warrant that kind of production.

Doesn't change my stance on "I'm not buying something this expensive" though.
Leemaster777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 07:49 PM   #55
Saito Satoru
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 127
It's a P-Bandai product. Its' number is limited to the number of orders
So yeah, it's limited.
Saito Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 08:02 PM   #56
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...
 
Taichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,432
32 eBay
Zeddykins wrote: View Post

The only discernable difference I can see is that they added the other 2 borders in the center of the Digivice with the design that was missing from the original release. Also, Magnadramon? So Gatomon gets Ophanimon in the PSP Adventure game, but not in this? *sigh*
Um... you have that confused with the American Digivice. This is exactly identical to the original Japanese release. We had a "widescreen" with the black design at top and bottom with a silverish one under that. We didn't have it all the way around.

The Japanese version had the black design all the way around with a square screen.
Taichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 08:38 PM   #57
Stuntastik30
VIP Rider
 
Stuntastik30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,919
32
Saito Satoru wrote: View Post

It's a P-Bandai product. Its' number is limited to the number of orders
So yeah, it's limited.
hmmm, i'm warming up to the idea of getting maybe one but i'm not sure if i want to deal with the Japanese menus.
Stuntastik30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 08:44 PM   #58
Citrus James Gaylyn
Please reheat.
 
Citrus James Gaylyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,987
Stuntastik30 wrote: View Post

hmmm, i'm warming up to the idea of getting maybe one but i'm not sure if i want to deal with the Japanese menus.
Doesn't the Digivice just use kana? Even if you don't understand Japanese, it should be easy enough to follow along. Plus, the whole simplicity of the device should help things.
Citrus James Gaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 08:55 PM   #59
dekablue25
db25 from ranger review
 
dekablue25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,690
someone will make a step by step process for this thing lol or bandai can go the route they are doing for ToQger and show people which would be good as well it will be limited so once those bad boys are GONE they are GONE I wouldnt mind spending the cash for it considering the originals are 2 times more expensive and this is an upgraded version so works for me
dekablue25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 09:24 PM   #60
Stuntastik30
VIP Rider
 
Stuntastik30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,919
32
guess you're right. i checked a few videos on youtube of the original and it doesn't seem too difficult to get around.

Might not be able to get one anyway, it wont let me register a US address.
Stuntastik30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.