Home Menu

Menu

Old March 3rd, 2017, 06:36 PM #2121
> GalaxyGlider
Power Ranger

GalaxyGlider
Power Ranger

Last edited by GalaxyGlider; October 5th, 2017 at 01:15 PM.
GalaxyGlider is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2017, 10:33 AM #2122
> Duckster18
Power Ranger

eBay
Duckster18
Power Ranger

eBay

Just in time for the movie! Here is my finished costume.
Duckster18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 11:26 AM #2123
> Vagabond Ranger
Boost up!

Vagabond Ranger
Boost up!

It's finally complete!

Vagabond Ranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2017, 03:38 PM #2124
> EvilGreenRanger-F5
Also known as PRMAYHEM

EvilGreenRanger-F5
Also known as PRMAYHEM

Myself and the other UK Rangers were a huge hit at Wales Comic Con this weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/UKRangers/

Last edited by EvilGreenRanger-F5; April 9th, 2017 at 03:48 PM.
EvilGreenRanger-F5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 09:50 PM #2125
> BinforBen
Power Ranger

BinforBen
Power Ranger

New York City area cosplayers

Hey, everyone!

I live in New York City, and my dream is to have a MMPR black cosplay. But I wanted to first see if I could connect with any other Power Ranger cosplayers in the NYC area so I could ask them about what their experiences have been. I feel like if I get a suit and don't know anyone else as well then I won't get a whole lot of use out of it, but if I knew other like-minded people then I would truly get to enjoy cosplaying to it's fullest.

So if you're a NYC cosplayer or you know someone who is, please shoot me a message! I would love to pick your brain about what it's like! Thanks!
BinforBen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 10:18 AM #2126
> IronJoe
OnceaRanger2

eBay
IronJoe
OnceaRanger2

eBay

I've just about finished another "bucket list" cosplay, the MMPR armored red ranger.

I DIY'ed some pieces including the belt, cuffs, ranger shield, and boots so if there's interest I will post a thread with more info and some of the templates I used/made.

In these photos I still have yet to add the straps under the arms, so the shield is sitting a bit high on my shoulders. But I couldn't resist the photo opportunity.

Untitled by IronJoeT16S, on Flickr
IronJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 10:26 AM #2127
> dtblack23
Power Ranger

dtblack23
Power Ranger

Does anybody know of any helmet maker that makes an accurate IS Silver helmet? I got one from animi a few years ago and the colors on it are pretty dull, but even when I search for Silver Ranger cosplayers most of the helmets I see are dull as well.
dtblack23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 02:10 PM #2128
> IronJoe
OnceaRanger2

eBay
IronJoe
OnceaRanger2

eBay

Here's my latest helmet build, it's a custom paint "Fighting Spirit" style Green Ranger. I purchased the raw kit from Rocketpunch Studios who makes cast helmets from his own 3D prints. His design is incredibly accurate from what I have seen compared to other fancast helmets. If you are in the market for a helmet kit I recommend you check him out on social media/etsy (not affiliated, just a happy customer).

I was considering holding out for the Legacy Green Ranger 1:1 prop helmet but this looked so much better.
13161814_1070501399659487_4097233897306289975_o by IronJoeT16S, on Flickr

Here's the raw kit as it comes:
13116394_1072265842816376_6594273706902244521_o by IronJoeT16S, on Flickr

Since his sculpt comes from a 3d print, it is perfectly proportionate and symmetrical. The cast is incredibly clean with no prep work necessary, no need to cut it in half, just prime and paint.

I started by cutting out the visor as I prefer the tinted clear visor to the stunt-style:

I then primer'd the helmet, and painted the main areas silver (mouth and teeth). Once dried I masked them off:

Then I began laying down the custom color I selected, a metallic emerald green:

Bad lighting in this photo so the color looks very washed out:

I went back and forth on closures, but in the end chose to try the magnetic closure. I LOVE it! Never going back to outside cliplocks. (Also in this photo you can see how thick the casting is! Very durable - as soon as I was done painting it I accidentally dropped it, and no damage!)

And finished:
HELMETPOST by IronJoeT16S, on Flickr

unnamed2-edit-cover by IronJoeT16S, on Flickr
IronJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 09:10 PM #2129
> Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

SO, this is my first real legit post in this thread and I'm scared out of my mind.

Let's start with the first one.
I was able to go to RangerStop this last month ago, and my friend's dad actually gave me & his son the idea of cosplaying as Bulk & Skull from Countdown to Destruction: https://i.imgur.com/3hiHIFl.jpg

I think we pulled it off.

Then comes the big one.
A couple of months before RangerStop, I rummage through Power Rangers Buyers Traders & Sellers and I come across someone selling a ZyuOh-Gorilla cosplay complete with boots, gloves, 4 Zyuohger roleplay toys, 6 DX ZyuOh-Cubes, and he was selling everything as a set for WELL under 1000 dollars around 550 at most. I snagged that so fast, it made my wallet spin. Today was the day I gave it a test fit: https://i.imgur.com/fh7ccX1.jpg

I'm on a bit of a high right now. This is my first legit Power Rangers cosplay and my mind can't process the information. The belt is missing because the seller sold the belt with a Kyoryu-Cyan cosplay/Oops, but I'm getting the belt replaced soon. After posting this on my Twitter, people have suggested a Shapewear shirt & a dancers belt for obvious reasons. I may go for those next chance I get.
Zeltrax541 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2017, 04:34 AM #2130
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

There's no need to be scared, Zeltrax. You know you're in a safe zone.

You look good, man. I remember that high too when I first got my Ranger cosplay stuff. I was literally shaking when I first had it in my hands. After idolising the Rangers for most of my life, it was really trippy and surprisingly emotional to have something in my possession!
Great Bulk too by the way!
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2017, 07:49 AM #2131
> Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Morgan Lamia wrote: View Post

There's no need to be scared, Zeltrax. You know you're in a safe zone.

You look good, man. I remember that high too when I first got my Ranger cosplay stuff. I was literally shaking when I first had it in my hands. After idolising the Rangers for most of my life, it was really trippy and surprisingly emotional to have something in my possession!
Great Bulk too by the way!
Thanks, Morgan. My friend's dad was the one who made the entire cosplay for Bulk piece by piece/I just had to supply a belt. He even made a custom pony-tail to put underneath the skull-cap/Can't see it in the shot I have. I even got a picture with Paul Shier & Jason Narvy and both of them loved me & my friend a lot - It's Bulk-&-Skull-Ception! *INCEPTION HORNS*

But yeah, aside from replacing the belt, the shapewear shirt & dancers belt are gonna be the next things I buy before I take this thing out onto any convention floors & I got time too as Morphicon's in 8 months... *Looks at calendar* Sonny Beaches, that soon? Damn.

Also, back onto the ZyuOh-Gorilla cosplay, I put that suit on all by myself. No joke, everyone else was in town while I put the suit on/The back-zippers are a bitch though. Pardon my language, but I got them closed up. I now have a much renewed respect for cosplayers who wear suits like this for hours on end. It gets stuffy in that helmet and even on a cold day while the material of the suit can breathe, you can still get overheated. WOW.
Zeltrax541 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2018, 03:49 PM #2132
> Zander Yurami
Nerdy NotionZ

32 eBay
Zander Yurami
Nerdy NotionZ

32 eBay

Been a while. So here is what I have done since my last post

Zander Yurami is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2018, 05:32 AM #2133
> Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay

A few quick pics from my 25th birthday party last night: (My 25th birthday was exactly 25 days before PR's 25th Anniversary )

(Please excuse the buckle detaching here. Didn't notice it on time. Originally I was thinking of putting on the Legacy Morpher on the belt, but yeeesh, that thing is heavy!)

Still need to get around doing proper photos with this costume and my Dekaranger uniform.

Last edited by Red Dino Ranger; August 4th, 2018 at 07:30 AM.
Red Dino Ranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote